• Published 2nd Sep 2017
  • 1,380 Views, 23 Comments

Nightmare Ponyville - Super Ponyman



Sequel to Dark Star of Shadows, Thr nightmare tribe escapes, this time targeting every member of the main six, with only the Fire Alicorn Burning Star, the White Knight Shining Armor, and his Dark clone Shadow Armor to save them!

  • ...
5
 23
 1,380

Chapter 17: A Nightmare Pony on Main Street!

Author's Note:

Now we get to see what Sunset Shimmer has planned... and it is not anything pleasant.

Prince Eclipsio (now in Black Sun's Body) flies to Canterlot to defend the very ponies who banished him!

(Equestrian Skies)

Prince Eclipsio felt free.

And by free, he meant free as a bird, he finally had a way to communicate to his sisters WITHOUT them freaking out and sending him out to the cosmos again...

He wished that he could apologize to Celestia and Luna, but the apology would have to wait. Sunset Shimmer took priority over mending the bond between siblings.

So he used Black Sun's body as his vessel, his Ark, his weapon against the darkness that was The Nightmare Tribe, And he wouldn't stop until every pony was rescued from their grasp.

While Black Sun's body was a mishmash of body parts and was pretty much a living zompony...

It was still a body, and Eclipsio would use it well. Despite being evil, Sunset must have worked hard on him, since he had all the strengths of every pony species, with none of the weaknesses.

He quickly discovered that Sunset made him smart, as he had thousands of spells at his beck and call. He had the ability to alter the fabric of reality itself, even erase realities from existence.

Eclipsio wondered why Sunset built Black Sun with so much power... after all... she could not rule the kingdom if it didn't exist.

Or, did she intend to overwrite reality? Yes that must be it! She could use Black Sun's immense power to overwrite reality to make her the ruler.

However, that was risky. When you overwrite reality, you risk damaging it unintentionally. such damages can include matter destruction, space depletion, fragmented timelines, even a total event collapse of the reality itself!

Prince Eclipsio knew that as he fought Sunset in Canterlot, his allies would fight the Nightmare Tribe in Ponyville.

Splitting up was risky, but he must keep Sunset occupied while the Nightmare Tribe was purged from the tiny town.

Burning Star said to Eclipsio, "You ok there Eclipsio? You look... distracted."

Eclipsio said to Burning Star, "I am fine now... I was spacing out about Sunset's plan. She plans to use ALL the negative energy generated by the Nightmare Tribe, The Daybreaker Incident, and every other bad thing that has happened so far... to rewrite reality in her favor."

Burning Star went wide eyed with fear. "Wait... What?! Then I'm coming with you."

Eclipsio pushed him midair, saying "No. I must fight her alone. She probably has prepared for you to fight her, since you were the one who defeated her last time."

Eclipsio put his hoof on his chest, "She has not faced off against ME. Therefore, I hold an advantage over her due to her not knowing that I actually existed and that she made up the legend to spread fear."

Twilight Sparkle pulled up alongside Eclipsio, "Yeah. She is going to get a rude awakening when she discovers that you actually exist!"

Eclipsio smiled, then said to everypony, "Alright! Your plan is set! Head to Ponyville and purge the darkness from it! I will take on Sunset Shimmer, alone..."

Shadow Armor said to the eclipse alicorn, "That is a very bold move... Prince of Eclipses, are you sure that it is the best one you can make?"

Eclipsio nodded his head, "Yes. If I can delay her long enough for you to stop the nightmare tribe, she will be alone."

Nightmare Pinkie Pie asked an important question, "Are we really going to be hurting our friends?"

Eclipsio explained, "No. the nightmare possessing a pony acts like a shell. The pony inside will be unharmed once you destroy the nightmare possessing them."

Nightmare Fluttershy responded to that, "If the nightmare tribe wanted to take over Ponyville, why didn't the nightmare pony forms we have now end?"

Prince Eclipsio answered in a warm tone, "It appears as if these nightmares would rather stick by you."

Prince Eclipsio turned towards Canterlot, he said "This is where I leave you... Now, Go! Go stop those nightmares and send them back to the moon, and make sure they stay there!"

Everypony waved their hooves in goodbye as they rushed into Ponyville.

(Ponyville, Main Gate)

Burning Star, The two knights, the Main Six, the CMC, and the apple family stood at the entrance to their home, which was swarming with Nightmare Ponies, there were hundreds of them.

Nightmare Twilight said in her booming voice, "Members of the Nightmare Tribe, this is your only chance, surrender and return to the moon and we will not harm you!"

A Nightmare Unicorn stepped forward, she was covered in pitch black fur like the other Nightmares, but radiated a faint teal colored aura. Her mane and tail were dark purple and had a single teal stripe running down them.

Nightmare Twilight instantly recognized her, "Starlight Glimmer!?"

Nightmare Starlight said to the main six and the three stallions, "You want this town back, Twilight?" She ignited her horn and screeched, every nightmare pony screeched as well.

"Then you're going to have to kill us to get to it!"

Twilight Sparkle looked down in shock, her previous student was betraying her!

Why did she get the feeling this has happened before?

"Nightmare Tribe, Attack!"

Burning Star ignited his mane and shouted, "Everypony, attack!"

The two groups collided, with Starlight going straight for Twilight Sparkle.

Luckily, Shadow Armor blasted a stream of electricity at Starlight, sending her flying backwards and blocking her charge against Twilight.

Burning Star and Shining Armor were busy with Nightmare Bulk Biceps, as he picked up entire trees and threw them at the two stallions. Burning Star grabbed them with his magic, set them on fire, and tossed them back at him. They collided with Bulk Biceps, and the Nightmare was flung from his body.

Shining Armor blasted the Nightmare with a steam of light, blasting it into dust.

He shouted to the main six and his counterpart Shadow Armor, "Everypony, hit the nightmares hard with light based magic. It separates them from their bodies, allowing us to destroy them."

Nightmare Rainbow Dash slammed two Nightmare Pegasus's heads together, "In English please!"

Shadow Armor rolled his eyes and said, "Just keep hitting them until the smoke clouds pop out, then crush them to dust!"

Nightmare Applejack kicked a pair of Nightmare Unicorns through a building, "Will do pardner!"

Everypony kept fighting harder and harder, until all the nightmares were exorcised from the citizens of Ponyville. They all floated there, but there was one missing.

Nightmare Starlight smashed into everypony with a giant ball of dark energy, then began to gloat. "You can break our hold over these ponies, you can transform them back to normal..."

She charged another ball of dark magic, "But you will all be dead before you see that day happen! Goodnight Forever!"

Suddenly, a flurry of lightning bolts rained down from above, and Burning Star looked up and saw his brother, Thunder Fury, eyes full of hate towards Starlight Glimmer.

The white Pegasus roared, summoning another flurry of thunderclouds, "You've got a lot of nerve hurting my brother!"

Thunder Fury turned towards his brother, welling up a bit, then snapped back to Starlight "Why are you even doing this anyways? What good will it do for you Starlight? Once Sunset Shimmer is done with you, you'll be discarded like a used tissue..."

Nightmare Starlight Glimmer blasted Thunder Fury with a beam of ice, he effortlessly dodged out of the way, then returned fire with a storm of lightning bolts.

Nightmare Starlight laughed, "Is this the only trick you can do? You're such a one trick pony!"

She would regret saying that...

Nightmare Starlight felt a large crash as Thunder Fury slammed into her, coated in electricity. It sent her sprawling to the dirt.

Thunder Fury flew high into the thunderclouds, then shouted the name of his most powerful Move.

"GIGAVOLT HAVOC!"

Nightmare Starlight screamed in agony as a giant lightning bolt crashed down on top of her, sending the nightmare possessing her flying away.

It flew into the swarm and said, "We will not be denied again!"

He turned towards his compatriots, "Time for Plan B, my brothers and sisters... onwards to Canterlot! We will cut the head off this snake!"

Thunder Fury tried to catch them, but it was no use, they teleported away.

Burning Star took flight and embraced his brother in a hug, saying through tears "Thank you so much bro, we wouldn't have made it out alive if it wasn't for you... thanks so much."

Thunder Fury blushed, "Well... it was nothing special... I just saved your lives. Not much compared to your accomplishments, Burning Star."

The main six, the CMC, and the apple family collapsed in pain as the nightmares inhabiting their bodies emerged and flew off in the direction of Canterlot as well.

Fluttershy said in a scared tone, "Oh no, t-they are heading to Canterlot! Celestia and Luna are in great danger!"

Rarity nodded, "I agree, we must head to Canterlot immediately."

Applejack chimed in, "I reckon Sunset is goin to try to destroy Celestia and Luna, we must hurry!"

Pinkie Pie bounced in as well, "Yeah! Let's get that meanie Sunset before she destroys everypony's friendship forever!"

Rainbow Dash smirked, "Yeah! Let's hustle, girls. We don't have much time before the nightmare tribe gets to Canterlot."

Twilight Sparkle turned to Burning Star and said, "You ready, partner?"

Burning Star nodded, and his two stallions also grunted in agreement. He said, "count us in, Twilight!"

Burning Star turned to Thunder Fury, "Coming, Thunder?"

Thunder Fury gave his brother a wild smile, "Of course! Let's go show that Sunset Shimmer whose really the strongest pony in Equestria!"

Everypony cheered, and began their sprint and flight towards Canterlot.

Burning whispered under his breath.

"Hold on Eclipsio, we will be there soon..."