• Published 2nd Sep 2017
  • 1,378 Views, 23 Comments

Nightmare Ponyville - Super Ponyman



Sequel to Dark Star of Shadows, Thr nightmare tribe escapes, this time targeting every member of the main six, with only the Fire Alicorn Burning Star, the White Knight Shining Armor, and his Dark clone Shadow Armor to save them!

  • ...
5
 23
 1,378

Chapter 4: Maneami Beach Day

Author's Note:

Shall we check up on our heroes?

Burning Star and Princess Celestia head off to have a drink and discuss some stuff about Twilight

Shining Armor will run into one of his oldest foes as well...

(Maneami Beach, Goldenmane Hotel)

Burning Star sat in the hotel's lobby, reading a book on monsters that Twilight gave to him. He was reading through the "Nightmare Tribe Section"

He read quietly, "Nightmare Tribe."

"A species of ponies that abused the power of the dream realm and caused nightmares. They were punished by the old gods by sending them to the moon, where they still remain to this day."

Celestia glared at the hotel desk mare, she wasn't happy at all.

"What do you mean that our rooms are not ready yet? Don't you know who I am?" Celestia said to the obviously bored pony.

The desk mare said to Celestia in probably the most emotionless tone possible, "I am sorry Princess Celestia. But we are trying to find you a room the best we can..."

Burning Star rolled his eyes and continued to read

"Tantabus"

"Tantabus is thought to be the embodiment of the fear and doubt Princess Luna had of becoming Nightmare Moon again. In reality, it is actually something different entirely."

Burning Star kept reading,

"Tantabus is thought to be related to the Nightmare Tribe that was stranded on the moon thousands of years ago. It is composed of a purplish-blue material that feels like gelatin. It's powers include Flight, Invisibility, Teleportation, immense magic strength, the inducing of dreams and nightmares, mind control, and possession."

Celestia was angry, she then said in the Royal Canterlot Voice. "I am Celestia, princess of Equestria! I demand to get a room right NOW! So get up off your underpaid pony ass and find me and my companions a ROOM RIGHT NOW!"

Burning Star sighed and kept reading

"A pony possessed by Tantabus is called a Nightmare Pony, and is much stronger, faster, and smarter than regular ponies. They are often colored shining black and have cutie marks made up of stars. A powerful enough pony can subdue and mind control Tantabus, allowing the controller to transform other ponies into nightmare ponies. Thier state of sanity is dependent on wether or not the controller of Tantabus desires."

Burning Star heard a smash as Celestia smashed the hotel desk with her hooves, he closed his book and rushed over to the white Alicorn and restrained her.

He said though the struggles, "Please get us a room. I do not think that I can hold her any longer."

The desk mare dashed into the back room.

The Fire Alicorn growled and used his magic to reassemble the desk.

Burning Star dragged Celestia out the door and sat her down on the bench outside.

Celestia shouted at Burning Star, "Why did you do that?! I was just about to bash the info out of him!"

Burning Star glared at Celestia, fire in his eyes. "Because I wanted to go on the trip in order to relax and have fun."

He effortlessly picked Celestia up with his magic grasp, "I do not want to spend this vacation fighting everypony in sight because you're not being treated like royalty! So sit down and shut up!" Burning Star said to Celestia in his speech voice, before tossing her into the bathroom.

"Now! Go clean up! You still are royalty, Celestia. You have to look it as well."

Burning Star walked back inside and asked the desk mare, "Excuse me, forgive my companion's rash behavior. We have been on a train for two days, do you have any rooms available at all?"

The desk mare nervously looked at Burning Star and said, "we don't have any rooms available sir, please try again later."

Burning Star looked at the key box, he saw three deluxe room keys sitting in the slot. He pointed at the keys and said, "What about those?" He grabbed them with his magic and put them in his bags.

The desk mare shook her head. "I'm sorry sir, but those keys are for the VIP guests...I...can't... justtttttugh..."

Her words slurred as Burning Star touched his horn to the Pegasus's head, it began to glow a soft red and his eyes turned the same color.

He said to her. "You remember nothing of this encounter... you do not recall the name Burning Star, you will do this for me... now wake up from this trance."

The desk mare's eyes turned red as well, before Burning Star shot a bolt of red lightning into them. The desk mare got up and smiled blissfully

"Have a nice day sir!"

(Maneami Beach, Beachfront)

Celestia walked out of the bathroom refreshed and relieved. She saw Shining Armor and Shadow Armor talking to some police officers.

Shining Armor was speaking to the head officer, "So what's going on here, chief?"

The police officer said to Shining Armor, "My Prince, there have been a string of kidnappings happening around town."

Shining Armor asked another question, "Has anypony been apprehended yet? Is there any evidence of the victims?"

The police chief pointed to the sand at thier feet, there was a strange goo on the sand. Shadow Armor walked up to it and looked down, before bending over and licking it, before spitting it out!

Both the Police Officer and Shining Armor made a disgusted face, Shadow Armor looked at them with confusion.

Shadow Armor said to the pair, "Have their been any sightings of changelings around here recently?"

The officer shook her head, "there were three sightings a few weeks ago."

Shining Armor raised an eyebrow, "Really? Where?"

The police chief walked over and put her hoof on Shining's chest and said. "You see the problem with Changelings is that they can shapeshift... they can be anypony they want..."

the police officer was getting uncomfortably close to Shining's face.

"And I believe you may have been in contact with a few recently..."

Shadow Armor pulled Shining out of the police chiefs grasp and said, "I believe that we may want to start our search at the nightclubs Shining Armor. Changelings need love, be it drunk, high, or tripping. Any love will do."

Burning Star was calling the pair of knights over. Shadow Armor said to Shining, "Tread carefully, Shining Armor... things are not what they seem."

Shining Armor said to his dark copy, "What do you mean "things are not what they seem?"

Shadow Armor pulled a small knife out of his bag and put it in front of Shining, he then put it in Shining's sheath. Shining Armor walked away, a worried look on his face.

Shadow Armor said under his breath,

"Take great care Shining Armor, for you're life is tied to mine..."

(Maneami Beach, Goldenmane Hotel Deluxe Suites)

The Ponies stopped in front of three rooms. Burning Star handed the three ponies their keys.

He then said, "Goodnight Everypony. Tomorrow we start our official first day of vacation!"

Burning Star unlocked the first door and let Celestia in, he then stepped in and closed the door.

Shining Armor approached the second room alongside Shadow Armor, unlocked the room, and said, "well I guess I'm bunking with you Shady-"

Shadow Armor took the key and slammed the door in his face, he heard through the doorframe

"I sleep alone."

Shining Armor took his key to the last room, he felt a chill go up his spine, he shook it off and said, "calm down Shining... calm down."

(Burning Star and Celestia's Room)

Burning Star was stretching his wings and drinking a glass of soda out when Celestia said to him,

"I want to talk about Twilight's Foal"

Burning Star choked for a minute, then said "Excuse me what?"

Celestia put a wing around Burning Star and said, "For once drop the facade of bravery and power, I can see right through you. You're terrified, aren't you?"

Burning Star hung his head in shame, "yeah. I haven't felt this scared since I was training under King Sombra... am I going to be a good dad?"

Celestia nuzzled him and said, "From what Twilight has told me about you and from what I've seen, you will be a great dad."

Burning Star started to cry, and cry hard. Celestia let him cry into her wings.

She cradled him with her wings and whispered to him. "Ssshh, it's ok."

(Shining Armor's Room)

Shining Armor approached the door, he was scared, even though he shouldn't be scared of a room. Shining Armor unlocked the door and began to open it slowly.

But, the thought of Changelings being in town made him uneasy. in his experience, a few changelings meant a hive, and a hive meant a queen, and the only Queen he knew of was...

"ME!" Said Queen Chrysalis as Shining opened the door and saw the "lovely" Queen sitting in a chair with a cocoon open next to her.

She was reading the book, "Pony to Changeling Anatomy"

Shining Armor was about to scream when two drones pushed him towards Queen Chrysalis and shut the door behind him.

Queen Chrysalis said to Shining Armor as he struggled in her grasp. "Oh Shining... funny how we seem to bump into each other everywhere. But, today I've got a better surprise for you."

Shining Armor was wrapped in gooey strands of green silk that the Changelings usually wove into cocoons.

He spat at her, "Why this again here?! Why can't you just ask me out on a date or send me chocolates?!"

Queen Chrysalis walked over to Shining and booped him on the nose, saying "Because, just like a spider, I prefer to have my prey fall into my trap. But, I'm not here to brainwash you again Shiny, I'm here to give you something special!"

Queen Chrysalis pointed towards the cocoon at her side, "You see Shining, the reason why I didn't transform like that idiot King Thorax is because i was still hung up on you... but, I love myself now! And I want become a new changeling with you!"

Shining Armor looked confused, "What are you playing at Chrysalis? Are you saying that you want to be a good pon-err- changeling now?"

Chrysalis said, love in her eyes. "I just want to be like you, so that ponies look at me with kindness and love, instead of Hate and Fear."

Shining Armor looked at the cocoon, "so what's that for?"

Chrysalis stepped in and lay down, "my transformation pod!"

All of a sudden, the room filled with bright green light, and Chrysalis burst out of the cocoon.

Chrysalis' body was now Snow White and hole-less. Her wings were multicolored and became like butterfly wings, her mane and tail were a deep purple and were solid and flowed as if they were water, her horn was curved and smooth, and her normally twisted up black crown was gleaming bright gold. Chrysalis's eyes shifted from the sickly green to a soft purple.

Shining Armor was breathless, "you... you look..."

Chrysalis kissed him and said, "more beautiful than anypony you have ever seen?"

Shining Armor nodded and grabbed Chrysalis's chest and began to engage in intercourse with her.

Chrysalis had won! She knew this would make her rival King Thorax get jealous and sleep with Cadence, but she did truly love Shining Armor.

And Shining Armor would be hers forever...