• Published 2nd Sep 2017
  • 1,379 Views, 23 Comments

Nightmare Ponyville - Super Ponyman



Sequel to Dark Star of Shadows, Thr nightmare tribe escapes, this time targeting every member of the main six, with only the Fire Alicorn Burning Star, the White Knight Shining Armor, and his Dark clone Shadow Armor to save them!

  • ...
5
 23
 1,379

Chapter 12: Loyalty to the Queen

Author's Note:

Tantabus is going to need every ounce of its energy to transform Rainbow Dash, her loyalty would be useful to the Nightmare Tribe.


Also, Celestia and Twilight finally meet Black Abyss in person... and he has a plan for Twilight...


A plan that will destroy everything Celestia and Luna worked for...

(Canterlot Castle, Celestia's Bedroom)

Celestia was sleeping peacefully, she was exhausted from flying to Stalliongrad, only to discover Discord and Burning Star pulled a prank on her, then she flew all the way back to Maneami Beach to punish them, but they weren't there. SO, she had to fly ALL the way to Canterlot, where she promptly collapsed on her bed and fell asleep.

Celestia was dreaming of the gala she held six months ago, it was the six months anniversary since the defeat of Daybreaker and King Sombra, everypony there was dressed so nicely, she saw her former student Twilight Sparkle dancing with Burning Star.

She rose from her seat and spoke, "I would like to make a toast! To long lasting peace across Equestria and all other nations, and to Queen Twilight Sparkle and King Dawn Star! Here Here!"

Many of the ponies raised their glasses and toasted alongside her. Clapping their hooves and cheering in joy.

Celestia took a breath, She was finally able to relax and enjoy life as Dawn Star and Twilight Sparkle dealt with the politics of Royalty.

Then, Celestia felt chills down her spine as a deep, snarling voice spoke up.

"I would also like to make a toast, Sister... To Equestria!"

"May its DESTRUCTION BE REMEMBERED!"

Celestia screamed as the dreamscape faded away into a black void, in front of her stood a Black Alicorn with tattered dragon wings and a gnarled horn.

In front of her stood her brother, Prince Eclipsio! But he looked... mangled, as if somepony had thrown him into a wood chipper.

Then the thought hit her, This was not her younger brother, this was the Alicorn that nearly destroyed Equestria, THIS WAS BLACK ABYSS!"

Black Abyss smiled and said, "Hello Celestia, you miss your brother? Then again, you Banished me to deep space and removed the memory of my existence from ever history book you could find..."

Celestia went wide eyed with fear; she studdered out, "N-No! Your not real! We made sure to send you far into space so you would never harm anypony ever again!"

Black Abyss approached Celestia and touched her chest, Celestia felt though the armor a beating heart, and she screamed in terror.

Black Abyss laughed, "Isn't this a treat?" My eldest sister, quivering in fear in front of me... how pathetic of you!"

Celestia narrowed her eyes, "Why did you return?! What good will you get out of wrecking this world? I thought you wanted to rule it..."

Black Abyss shrugged, "While ruling a nation would be fun, sis... destroying them is amazingly relaxing! You should try it... you might like it. Actually, don't I recall hearing that you almost did? You transformed into Daybreaker, did it feel good? All that power in your hooves?"

Celestia growled, "That wasn't me! That was somepony else imitating me!"

Black Abyss shrugged again, "So? You still could have done it, right? I know you, Celestia. You DREAM to be that powerful."

Black Abyss took flight, hovering above Celestia's head, "But I'm afraid my time is up here. Goodbye, Sun butt!"

Celestia screamed and woke up from her nightmare. Beads of sweat pouring down her face and mane matted to her head. She looked at her wall and screamed.

Luna burst through the door, horn ignited. "Sister! What's wrong? I'm here now... calm down..."

Celestia shakily pointed to the wall, and Luna gasped in fear.

Carved in the wall, was a cutie mark of a black hole, with the words scrawled "I am Back, Sisters!" Underneath it.

(Cloudsdale, Rainbow Dash's Home)

Tantabus flew through the streets of Cloudsdale, searching for the home of the "Fastest Flier in Equestria", Rainbow Dash.

It was thinking while flying, the news of Black Abyss hung heavily on its mind.

"Hm... Black Abyss's return puts everypony, nightmare or not, at risk. I've never encountered him face to face, so if it comes to that... a Kingdom for my tribe can wait."

Tantabus saw the house of its target, it turned intangible and phased through the front door.

The inside of Rainbow Dash's home was made entirely of clouds, which to Tantabus defied the laws of physics.

Then again, some forms of magic made physics irrelevant, and itself was a conglomeration of doubt and fear...

So, physics went out the window whem you try to explain magic.

Tantabus saw the petite form of Rainbow Dash, she was sleeping on the couch, her face in a bowl of cheese doodles.

She was probably the smallest of the ponies Tantabus saught out to become a Nightmare Queen.

Tantabus became tangible again and stepped on the cloud floor, it sank slightly from Tantabus's sheer size. It saw Rainbow Dash stir in her sleep, causing the snack bowl to drop to the floor.

Tantabus knew of Rainbow Dash's loyalty to her friends, this would be her undoing as Tantabus slowly approached the sleeping Pegasus.

It stepped on a cheese doodle and the cyan Pegasus snapped awake to see Tantabus looming over her.

Rainbow Dash frowned and said to the nightmare entity, "You better be just a hallucination from my hangover, Tantabus, or I'm not going to be happy..."

Tantabus said in annoyance, "Unfortunately for me, I was not gifted with the power of creating hallucinations. I must transform my own body to take the shape of what my target is thinking about..."

Tantabus looked down and saw that it was a giant cider mug. If it had a mouth it would scream, but it didn't in that form.

"Any reason you're thinking of this, Rainbow Dash? I don't usually transform into giant cider mugs, or are these just normal thoughts for you?"

Rainbow Dash took the bowl on the floor and vomited into it.

"Yeah, I realized that my biggest fan Scootaloo is faster than me now... I wanted to test that so I challenged her to a race." She said, about to hurl again.

Tantabus did get a favor and held her mane up so she didn't get vomit in her mane, it then tossed the bowl in the trash.

It then said to her, "I'm guessing you lost?"

Rainbow Dash nodded, "Yeah, I lost by a landslide... so I did the only thing I liked other than competition, drink cider till I pass out..."

Tantabus sighed and said to her, "You know why I'm here yes?"

Rainbow Dash shook her head, clearly too wasted to care.

"Did Luna nearly transform back into Nightmare Moon and you were released from her dream world thingy?"

Tantabus whispered in her ear, "No... I'm here for you. You see your friends have already accepted my gift, and Applejack sent me to give it to you..."

Rainbow Dash laughed, then hiccuped a bit.

"You? Giving Gifts? Tantabus I many not know much about you, *hic, but I do know that giving ponies nightmares is your specialty... so no thanks."

Tantabus let loose an audible growl of aggravation, "now I see WHY Applejack warned me about you. You're stubborn and refuse to accept that there are other ways of life to live. I am offering you powers beyond your wildest dreams as you are treating my like horse crap!"

Rainbow Dash huffed, "Fine. Do your thing then... I've got no choice either way..."

Tantabus engulfed Rainbow Dash and began to transform her, when she emerged, she was burning with determination.

She now stood as tall as Princess Luna, her cyan fur had turned Pitch Black, yet her rainbow mane remained and flowed like water. Her eyes turned a bright crimson and shone like rubies, her cutie marek became a constellation of multicolored stars in the shape of a lightning bolt. Her wings grew in size and had feathers in all the colors of the rainbow.

Tantabus backed up and said, "So, what do you think, Nightmare Rainbow Dash?"

Nightmare Rainbow Dash said, "I feel good... is this what the others feel as well?"

Tantabus nodded, "Yes."

Nightmare Rainbow Dash said to the nightmare entity, "I will go join with my friends... go to Twilight Sparkle. The egg-head should feel overjoyed to see the power you bestow... I'm going to go transform Scootaloo myself. She may have awesome artificial wings, but I can make them 20% cooler with my new powers."

Tantabus nodded and zipped out the window, not knowing that somepony else was after Twilight Sparkle...

(Twilight Sparkle's Castle, Twilight's Library)

Twilight Sparkle was up late into the night, reading books on parenting and how to care for a child in a royal environment.

She talked to herself,

"Jeez, I'm going to have to feed my foal soft foods until it's teeth grow in." She flipped the page and sighed, "Teething is going to be a pain in my rear end."

A whispering voice pierced the stillness of the library,

"Twilight Sparkleeeeee..."

Twilight closed her book and ignited her horn bright to see in the darkness.

There was nopony there, just old books.

"Alright Twilight, you've been up for the entire day researching how to be a effective parent. You're just hearing things." She said to herself.

The voice spoke again, this time it was louder.

"Oh, Princess Twilight Sparkle..."

Twilight was starting to get scared, this had never happened in her life, now she is starting to hear voices.

She shakily replied, "H-Hello? is somepony there? Hello..."

Twilight Sparkle heard a loud roar as many of the books were thrown off the shelves and her candles were extinguished.

The voice now said in a loud screech, making Twilight cover her ears.

"PRINCESS! I've been waiting to meet you!"

Twilight Sparkle stared in with horror as a black Alicorn with Dragon wings appeared in front of her, he had the look of a murderer on his face.

Twilight stammered, "W-W-Who are you?!"

The Demon Alicorn responded, in a voice that chilled Twilight to the core.

"I am Black Abyss..."