• Published 2nd Sep 2017
  • 1,378 Views, 23 Comments

Nightmare Ponyville - Super Ponyman



Sequel to Dark Star of Shadows, Thr nightmare tribe escapes, this time targeting every member of the main six, with only the Fire Alicorn Burning Star, the White Knight Shining Armor, and his Dark clone Shadow Armor to save them!

  • ...
5
 23
 1,378

Chapter 10: Honesty, My Worst Nightmare!

Author's Note:

On to Applejack, Tantabus goes!


Will she accept it's gift, nopony knows!


All that we know is, thanks to Pinkie Pie, The Nightmare Tribe is about to have no more woes!

(Everfree Forest, Nightmare Cave)

The Nightmare tribe was turning the cave into a palace for their race, Shadow Fright was busy cleaning the 6 thrones that sat in a circle surrounding a carpet in the shape of a crescent moon.

Upon the walls were draped the banners of the nightmare tribe, a black moon with purple clouds around it.

Shadow Fright heard the voices of his queens and he immediately bowed before them as they walked into the throne room.

Nightmare Rarity clapped her hooves and said, "Well done my servants! This place looks absolutely amazing, a perfect place for a queen..."

She looked back and saw Nightmare Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie, "Or, queens. Yes, multiple queens."

Nightmare Fluttershy walked over to her throne, it was made of dark gray granite and had her new cutie mark on it. She sat down and said, "I agree with Nightmare Rarity... you have done rather well."

Shadow Fright nodded and began to leave the room, before seeing his new ruler Nightmare Pinkie Pie, standing on a stage, telling JOKES!

Nightmare Pinkie Pie was telling really corny jokes, and the majority of the Nightmare Tribe was laughing their butts off.

Nightmare Pinkie Pie said, "So, what is the deal with the idea of teacup animals? I mean, yeah they are cute, but really can they be so small."

She pointed to the crowed, "I mean, you could step on them, they are that tiny!"

Many of the Nightmare Tribe laughed, even Shadow Fright laughed a bit. Nightmare Pinkie Pie then said, "Also, let me tell you what I did yesterday..."

Shadow Fright asked, "What?"

Nightmare Pinkie Pie spoke, trying to keep herself together. "I was able to successfully defeat Black Abyss, Prince Eclipsio's evil side, without even lifting a hoof!"

Many of the Nightmare Tribe asked, "How did you do that?! He is one of the most dangerous ponies to ever exist!"

Nightmare Pinkie Pie smiled and said, "I picked apart his flaws until he got so frustrated he stormed off, I thought he was this brave pony that wanted to destroy everything, but he's all talk and no real strength of character! He may be magically powerful, but he has some really thin skin..."

Nightmare Rarity asked Nightmare Pinkie Pie, "Who is this Black Abyss you speak of?"

Nightmare Fluttershy said in a more serious voice, "Some of my animal friends told me about the legend of Prince Eclipsio and Black Abyss..."

Shadow Fright snickered, "How would a bunch of animals know about Black Abyss?"

Nightmare Fluttershy glared at Shadow Fright, "because their parents told them, and their grandparents told their parents, and so on. I've already told Nightmare Rarity of Black Abyss... let her explain."

Nightmare Rarity nodded, "Thank you Nightmare Fluttershy."

Nightmare Rarity ignited her horn and projected a hologram on the floor. Shadow Fright and the Nightmare Queens looked on with wonder

She narrated, "About 1,500 years ago, Princess Celestia and Princess Luna had a brother named Prince Eclipsio. He was in charge of creating solar and lunar eclipses and stabilizing the flow of dark and light magic. He was extremely important and unbelievably powerful. But, he was not a worthy prince..."

Nightmare Fluttershy asked, "So what happened to him?"

Nightmare Rarity continued, "He let his arrogance and greed for power consume him. He felt as if he was inadequate to Celestia and Luna because they controlled the sun and moon, all he did was cover the sun and moon, so he went mad from jealousy." The image changed, and everypony cringed from fear.

Rarity finished her speech, "and that is how the monster known as Black Abyss came to be!"

Nightmare Fluttershy chimed in, "My animal friends told me that he was banished to the cosmos thousands of years ago. How come he is back?"

Nightmare Pinkie Pie bounced in and said, "Because he is attracted to big meanies like King Sombra and Daybreaker! He is attracted to bad feelings such as anger and hate."

Shadow Fright shivered, "Then maybe coming here was a bad idea. We feed off fear, and Prince Eclipsio will surely take over if we do not act."

Nightmare Fluttershy nodded to Shadow Fright, "Yes... I know everypony is at risk. But, who would help us?"

Nightmare Pinkie Pie bounced in, "Ooh! Maybe Burning Star can help!"

Shadow Fright leaned back in shock, "Really?! Are you nuts?! Burning Star was King Sombra's pupil, he would incinerate us."

Nightmare Rarity shook her head, "He is our friend. He would never harm us..."

(Sweet Apple Acres, Applejack's home)

Tantabus flew through the apple trees of Sweet Apple Acres, it could smell their crisp scent and could practically taste them. It approached the farmhouse of the Apples, but accidentally bumped into a young earth pony filly, which it found out was named Apple Bloom from her friend Sweetie Belle.

The nightmare entity looked upon the small filly, it felt a twinge of guilt of what it was going to do to her sister, but if it was to succeed in securing a slice of land for the nightmare tribe, it needed Applejack to lend a hoof.

Tantabus turned intangible and slowly and quietly phased through the wall. The interior of the house was rather nice, although it was overdoing the whole "Apple" thing.

(Applejack's Room)

Tantabus turned invisible and peered in the door to Applejack's room, what it saw was its worst nightmare.

Applejack... was AWAKE!"

The orange earth pony heard the floor creak, then said. "Alright, ah know there is somepony else in 'ere, so come on out."

Applejack heard a whisper in her ear, "We meet again Applejack..." Tantabus said as it became visible again.

Applejack hollered, "What in Tarnation? I thought I saw you earlier this week, you sneaky specter!"

Tantabus grinned, "Ah... so you remember me, good... I need not introduce myself then..."

Applejack rushed Tantabus and delivered a kick with her front legs that sent Tantabus flying out the window and into the yard below. "I will send ya back to the dream realm myself Tantabus! What have ya done with muh friends?!"

Tantabus felt legitimate fear from this Earth Pony, it sensed a powerful will and a talent to detect lies... that talent would be its undoing if it didn't tell her the whole truth.

Tantabus began to speak, "Before you pound me to dust, Applejack... hear me out... I have a proposal for you..."

Applejack stomped the ground, "I saw mahself what your "Proposal" is you demon! you won't corrupt me inta a slave."

Tantabus hissed, genuinely annoyed. "Rarity does not obey me, mare! I ironically obey her... she flipped the hypnosis on me..."

Applejack smirked, "Clever girl... but if you're completely honest with your answer to this question Tantabus, I'm going to accept this "gift.""

Tantabus leaned in, curious. "What is it you wish to know, Earth Pony?"

Applejack asked, "Do you know what happened to my parents?"

Tantabus sighed, "I... cannot answer that question, Applejack... for I have no idea who you're parents are."

Applejack shuddered, "Well... you're telling the truth. Do the... thing you did to Rarity..."

Tantabus transformed into a purple cloud and engulfed Applejack, she said as she was being transformed "Don't make any promises you can keep Tantabus..."

When Applejack emerged, she stood taller than Celestia. Her fur was pitch black and her brown eyes sparkled like gems, her hair had grown, and had a purple hair band around the end. Her cutie mark was a constellation of stars in the shape of an apple. her hat had remained the same, but it was dyed orange instead of light brown.

Tantabus bowed before its new queen, "Behold, NIGHTMARE APPLEJACK!"

Nightmare Applejack walked over to an apple tree and bucked it, a mighty snap was heard as the tree and a few more were ripped from the ground.

"Well I'll be... I'm certainly much stronger!" Nightmare Applejack said, smiling. She turned her head towards the farm house, she knew what must be done...

A few minutes later, Nightmare Applejack stood at the edge of Sweet Apple Acres, standing beside her was her family, each enjoying the beauty and power of their Nightmare Pony bodies.

Nightmare Applejack motioned for her family to head for the Everfree, wishing them luck.

"Be seen y'all later..."

Tantabus turned to Applejack, "I believe next is Rainbow Dash?"

Nightmare Applejack sighed, "Yep, she is more stubborn than me, spooky cube..."

Tantabus growled, "I know, which is why I apologize in advance for breaking her will..."

(Meanwhile... in the chaos dimension)

Black Abyss was furious! He had been fighting the spirit of chaos for a good 5 hours now. He screamed at Discord, "This is stupid! Why won't you just lay down and die!!"

Discord dodged out of the way of another one of Black Abyss's antimatter shots and said, "You weren't supposed to come back this soon. I can't cause chaos if there is no world to cause it on."

Black Abyss unleashed a torrent of thunderbolts on Discord, who changed his body to rubber.

Black Abyss roared, "You're annoying me Discord! Go to Hell!"

Discord put up a shield as Black Abyss concentrated all of his negative energy into his horn, then fired off a small black ball, Which exploded into a Black Hole!

Black Abyss laughed, "Nothing can survive a Black Hole! Nothing!"

Discord snapped his fingers and he disappeared, leaving a sign in his place.

It read, "Goodbye, Edgelord Megee!"

Black Abyss blasted the sign with his magic before roaring,

"DISCORD! I WILL MURDER EVERYONE YOU LOVE!"

Black Abyss stopped for a moment, he knew Tantabus's abilities to transform ponies into Nightmare Ponies, so he needed his own trump card.

Black Abyss generated a portal to reality again, landing on the side of a cliff, and said in a calmer tone. "I need somepony to be my Weapon against Celestia and Luna."

He paced back and forth, "But who?"

Black Abyss scanned the minds of everypony on the planet, before he found somepony who has used Dark Magic... and was also royalty.

Black Abyss smiled, eyes full of evil. "Soon, I will have you be by Weapon, little mare..."

"Soon, I will destroy EVERYTHING AND EVERYPONY!"