• Published 2nd Sep 2017
  • 1,385 Views, 23 Comments

Nightmare Ponyville - Super Ponyman



Sequel to Dark Star of Shadows, Thr nightmare tribe escapes, this time targeting every member of the main six, with only the Fire Alicorn Burning Star, the White Knight Shining Armor, and his Dark clone Shadow Armor to save them!

  • ...
5
 23
 1,385

Chapter 16: The Real Prince Eclipsio

Author's Note:

Finally! Prince Eclipsio has returned! But, is he friend or foe? All we know is that he is NOT fond of Shadow Fright!

(Everfree Forest, Nightmare Clearing)

Prince Eclipsio, an Alicorn of immense power.

He was the ruler of eclipses, the swallower of the sun and moon,

and exiled prince...

He was't exactly very proud of that last one.

But, He was finally home on Equestria, it took 1,500 years, but he was finally home.

He didn't think that he would need to flex his immense power as soon as he arrived, but I guess fate (or at least the deity known as Faust) had other plans for him.

The Eclipse Prince had a member of the nightmare tribe pinned against a tree, he had overheard his plan to corrupt a village called "Ponyville."

When he last walked the world, Ponyville didn't even exist, even Canterlot was just a basic village back then. He and his sisters hadn't imposed upon the unaware ponies thousands of years ago... and he wasn't even there when they did...

Granted, being exiled to the farthest reaches of space would do that. But during his long exile, he didn't really mind.

Instead of burning and seething with hate and jealousy like his sister Luna when she was banished herself by Celestia...

He began to use his powers to explore, finding his ability to create wormholes in space extremely useful.

However, that was the past... now he is locked in his first official battle on his home soil. It both excited and terrified him. Would his sisters know he was here?

Prince Eclipsio had fought many monstrous creatures, both of this world and other worlds...

But this Nightmare Tribe peon was just plain disgusting!

Prince Eclipsio held Shadow Fright up against a large tree, his horn up against the nightmares neck like a knife.

He began to speak to Shadow Fright, each word sending chills down the Nightmare Pony's spine, and the spines of everypony else there.

He said, "How dare you try to harm these mares. Have you no respect for beauty, or even respect at all?"

He turned towards them giving the main six a warm smile, saying "especially beauty of such... allure."

Eclipsio continued to speak to the Nightmare. "Now I'm only going to ask this ONCE. Where did your tribe go? I've heard of this nightmare tribe before... and I've noticed that you need ponies to possess in order to do any sort of military action against Canterlot."

Nightmare Twilight looked behind her and saw that every pony in Ponyville had just vanished, almost as if Shadow Fright's speech was a diversion from the entirety of Ponyville being kidnapped by the nightmare tribe.

Nightmare Applejack asked the obvious question, "Uh girls, where did the ponies from Ponyville go?"

Shadow Fright said in a aggressive tone, "As Prince Eclipsio said, we need bodies to possess in order to pose any real threat to Celestia and Luna... so why not turn your ENTIRE TOWN into Nightmare Ponies and wreck Ponyville, then when Sunset Shimmer finally kills Celestia and Luna and everypony else, she will use the powers we gave her to prepare a spell that will bring doom to this pathetic kingdom."

Prince Eclipsio tossed Shadow Fright into the trees nearby, "What spell are you talking about? Tell me, and I may spare your life for it... if you refuse to however..."

Eclipsio ignited his horn and flared his wings. "Then I will force the information out of your brain, painfully!"

Shadow Fright smacked Eclipsio in the face with one of his wispy hands, which turned into a hammer. The Prince staggered back and roared, and the battle began.

Eclipsio fired a barrage of icicles at Shadow Fright, who just used his wispy body to weave around them before returning fire with a explosive ball of dark magic.

Eclipsio put up his shield and deflected it away from him and into the air, where it detonated with a loud bang. Shadow Fright immediately fired off a storm of energy knives, which made contact and left cuts along all parts of Eclipsio's body.

Shadow Fright said with pride, "Hah! This is the mighty Prince Eclipsio? I expected more..."

He turned his mouth into a cannon. "Sunset will be thankful that one of these stupid royals is dead thanks to me!"

Prince Eclipsio smirked, "You're not going to do that, pal. I'm not going to die that easily!"

He turned to Twilight and her friends and said, "Everypony, get back as far as you can and hold on to something!"

Shadow Fright fired a giant purple laser of magic and Prince Eclipsio smiled.

"You really shouldn't have done that..." said Eclipsio as he fired a projectile into the air.

The projectile began to spark and shake, before exploding into a Black Hole!

The beam of magic was sucked into the black hole, and everypony's hooves were holding on tight to the cave's inside as the ground began to crack and pieces began to be ripped up from it and fly into the black hole.

Shadow Fright panicked and tried to fly away, but he could not escape the massive gravitational pull, his body began to be sucked into it as well.

Shadow Fright felt a sharp pain as his memories were ripped from his mind by Eclipsio, then he felt even more pain as he finally was sucked into the infinite abyss.

Eclipsio said to him, "I'll take these..."

The girls heard a loud scream as Shadow Fright was crushed under the immense gravity of the singularity, then Eclipsio stopped the black hole.

Everypony walked out, shocked at the sheer strength of Prince Eclipsio's ability, there were no more trees in sight, the ground was cracked and pieces were missing, and the rocks that made up the cave entrance were just... gone.

Nightmare Rarity said to the Prince, "Marvelous job darling! But... where did the Nightmare go?"

Prince Eclipsio snickered and said, "He went into the black hole, nothing can escape the pull of a black hole, not even light itself!" He turned his head towards Ponyville, and he growled.

Nightmare Pinkie Pie bounced over and looked, "Uh-oh guys! Those big Nightmare meanies got to Ponyville, and I don't think they are going to leave very easily."

Nightmare Rainbow Dash snarled, "Hey! No one takes over our town and gets away with it!"

Nightmare Fluttershy corrected her, "Except Discord, Tirek, and Tantabus... and various other villains..."

Nightmare Applejack snorted, "Then let's go smash those nightmares back to the place they belong, on the moon!"

Everypony cheered, then Twilight said "They couldn't have take over the entire town, my friends and my brother should be fighting back against them..."

Suddenly a loud scream was heard from above, the ponies looked up to see both Shining Armor and Shadow Armor falling out of the sky, followed by Burning Star and Black Sun right behind them.

The all landed with a large crash, and Shadow Armor said. "Ok, maybe calling Sunset a megalomaniac wasn't the best of decisions."

Burning Star got up and looked around, seeing the Nightmare Main Six and PRINCE ECLIPSIO!

Black Sun got up to see the pony he was based on and his face went pale, what would he think of Sunset's crude attempt at imitating him?

Black Sun slowly backed away, but the prince spotted him. He knew it, this was the end of him, he was dead meat!

Granted, he was already a walking corpse, but he would be dead again!

Prince Eclipsio approached Black Sun and smiled, "So, you must be Black Sun..."

Eclipsio noticed the stitches along Black Sun's body, then said "You were made by Sunset Shimmer to imitate me weren't you? The spread fear and darkness, am I right?"

Black Sun closed his eyes and braced for his obliteration, but instead he got a laugh from Eclipsio.

Black Sun asked in a obviously confused tone, "What is so funny? Aren't you going to kill me?"

Prince Eclipsio said in a rather depressed tone, "Why would I kill you? I've been looking for something like you for a long time..."

The prince turned towards everypony, saying "I've been keeping a secret from all of you..." a brilliant white light erupted from Eclipsio's body.

When the light disappeared, Prince Eclipsio looked like a ghost!

He said in a relieved tone, "I couldn't maintain this illusion anymore..." he sighed, "You see, I've really been just Eclipsio's soul, his body is long destroyed."

Everypony's jaws dropped, then Twilight said, "so you were just a ghost this whole time? Why did you come back to help us?"

Burning Star smiled and said, "I can take a very accurate guess on that. He wanted to do one good thing before his soul passed on into the afterlife... am I right?"

Eclipsio nodded, "Yes... I felt so sorry for what I tried to do... that I thought that I wasn't redeemable. You see... I've been watching over you all your lives." He smiled, "and I must say, I've never seen a friendship so strong... and if it is as trying as I've seen, you should be able to absolutely crush this Sunset Shimmer!" He looked at his wispy hoof, "unfortunately I will not be there to see it... as I require a body to inhabit."

He began to fade, "Thank you for letting me see my home again, now I must be going..."

Everypony began to cry slowly, each one begging him to stay.

Until Black Sun shouted, "Wait! You can use my body! I have no soul inside me, Sunset created me without one."

Eclipsio went wide eyed, "What did you say? you have no soul?"

Black Sun nodded, "Yeah. It made me Sunset's puppet because it's easy to control something without a soul..."

Eclipsio gave everypony a warm smile, then turned to Black Sun, "You would offer your body to me?"

Black Sun nodded, and Eclipsio smiled wider, he had a second chance!

then he turned and spoke to everypony, "Great news everyone!"

Black Sun felt Eclipsio's soul rush into him, within seconds, the stitches that once bound his parts to him, vanished, leaving real flesh in their place. His cutie mark changed to a solar and lunar eclipse, and his horn changed to a spiral horn finally.

Prince Eclipsio landed on the ground, in full control of Black Sun's body.

"I guess I'll be sticking around for a while..."

He turned towards Ponyville, pointed out his hoof, and said

"Alright everypony, lets go take back Ponyville and stop Sunset Shimmer from preforming that spell!" He said as he took off, flying as fast as he could. Burning Star, Rainbow Dash, Twilight Sparkle, and Fluttershy flew behind him. The rest of the group ran on the ground, keeping up with the flying ponies.

"Onwards, to NIGHTMARE PONYVILLE!"