• Published 25th Aug 2017
  • 701 Views, 15 Comments

Blitz And Balance - Ennelly Von Swortts



legend says that when fear and darkness run whild ocross Equestria, only harmony and Chaos together can wake the endless balance, and an enemy must take up the mantle when Sun and Moon fall.

  • ...
 15
 701

6 Changeling Mating Habits

Author: Ennelly Von Swortts

Co-Author: ElectroPHX228 (Blitz)

Chapter Six: Changeling Mating Habits

"You only have daughters?" Celestia asked.

Chrysalis cocked her head to the side. "Yes. Why does that surprise you?"

Celestia took a deep breath "Probably because I can't see how your race can thrive with no males."

Chrysalis started laughing. "I guess I should probably explain. For the most part, I'm the only changeling who can lay eggs. The only exceptions are... I guess you could call them princesses. The eggs they come from are larger, and hold a different breed of changeling. One that can not have a physical change from sharing love.

"They look like younger versions of myself, and have longer lifespans then the average drone. But they tend to be like I was once upon a time. Too kind. Too... loving. I do my best not to create their eggs. But, it happens from time to time. If everything goes good, they live their three hundred or so life safe in a cocoon. If not, I banish them."

Celestia looked straight at Chrysalis. "How many of these... Princesses are alive right now?"

"One. I banished her a few years ago, and so far, she has survived."

"I believe I know where she is." Celestia smiled.

Chrysalis' eyes narrowed. "How would you know that?" She asked in a slightly guarded tone.

"Because, I saved her life. She is currently one of my most trusted undercover agents. As well as protecting another skilled agent's identity. Currently goes by Bon Bon, if you would believe that."

...0...

Bon Bon took a deep breath. Soon after telling Lyra she was an agent for the Princess, she came clean with the fact she was a changeling. But she had yet to tell her about her eggs.

Lyra walked in from the kitchen. "Hey Bons."

"Hey, Lyra, I have something I want to tell you." Bon Bon shifted nervously on the couch.

Lyra sat next to her. "Something about being a changeling, right?" Bon Bon nodded. "Ok, spit it-" A loud bang came from the door, almost as if something had crashed into it. Lyra sighed as she stood. "I'll be right back."

Bon Bon sat in silence for what felt like an eternity for Lyra's return. "Hey Bons, how long has Derpy had glowing golden eyes?" Lyra called from the other room.

Bon Bon looked at the doorway. "I don't recall anything about her having glowing eyes, though I can see how they would look gold. Why?"

Lyra walked through the doorway. "Because I just saw her with glowing gold eyes." Bon Bon shrugged. Lyra plopped down next to her mare friend. "So, what did you want to tell me?"

Bon Bon was silent for a moment. "By now, you've probably noticed I'm not exactly a normal changeling." Lyra raised her eyebrow. "No, really, I'm not a normal changeling." Green fire covered Bon Bon for a moment. What was left was a changeling. Except her eyes nearly matched Chrysalis' herself. Same with her horn.

Lyra rolled her eyes. "It's not like I've seen another changeling to compare to."

Bon Bon smiled. "True. I look more like Chrysalis then most drones. Fact is, I am the only one who does. And as I look like her, I also..." The smile was gone as she tried to get the words out. A blush started to spread across her face.

Lyra put her hoof on the side of Bon Bon's face, forcing her to look up. "I promise whatever it is, I'll still love you the same. Ok?"

Bon Bon took a deep breath. "Like her, I also... well... I lay eggs." She looked up into Lyra's eyes. She was smiling.

"Let me guess... that's the reason you sneak out of the house every few months." The changeling started, then nodded. "I have to admit... I never would have guessed that was why you kept doing that. I figured it had something to do with changeling biology." She snorted. "Wasn't that far from the truth apparently."

"I'm going to guess I'm going to have to explain how it happens then, aren't I." Bon Bon said with a small smile. Lyra nodded. Bon Bon sighed. "Very well. So, I have a special organ that allows me to lay my eggs. Normally, I would do this inside another drone's womb. After a couple months, the eggs hatch, and are born from the changeling.

"But the eggs aren't fertile unless layed inside a drone's womb."

...0...

"It is not common for a changeling to fall in love with a pony in the way you speak of, but it is possible." Chrysalis said. "I wonder if they will have their own little drones someday."

"Is it even possible? With them being different species and all?" Celestia asked.

Chrysalis snorted, a fond smile slowly growing on her face. "Not only possible, but likely under the right circumstances. Maybe I could visit them sometime." She started musing to herself.

Celestia smiled, an idea forming in her head.

"But really, impossible unless this... Lyra let's her lay eggs in her womb." Chrysalis was chuckling quietly to herself. "Well... I best be off. And, Princess? Remember. I WILL be watching." Chrysalis made to stand.

"Can't you stay even a few minutes l more? I've rather enjoyed myself the last while." Chrysalis paused. "At least listen to an offer I have for you."

Chrysalis' face scrunched up as she thought, and Celestia barely managed to keep a straight face. Finally, she settled back on the bed. "I'm listening."

Celestia took a deep breath, mentally preparing herself for the coming conversation. "I would like you to stay in the castle with me."

...0...

Bon Bon sat up from the couch. "I am about to fall asleep. Could you please carry me to bed? I honestly can't move my legs right now." She promptly fell back on the couch.

Lyra lifted her hoof, waving it in a 'give me a minute' gesture from her spot halfway off the couch before dropping it. "I can't believe you let me lay my eggs in you. Thank you." Bon Bon muttered as everything faded to black.

Author's Note:

This is how I see changelings. Hope you enjoyed. And yes, Thorax is a female.