• Published 25th Aug 2017
  • 701 Views, 15 Comments

Blitz And Balance - Ennelly Von Swortts



legend says that when fear and darkness run whild ocross Equestria, only harmony and Chaos together can wake the endless balance, and an enemy must take up the mantle when Sun and Moon fall.

  • ...
 15
 701

16 A Loved One Can Help Your Dreams

Author: Ennelly Von Swortts

Co-Author: ElectroPHX228

Chapter Sixteen: A Loved One Can Help Your Dreams

I don't really know how long I was on that balcony. Twilight stepped out to find me frozen with wide eyes, just staring into space. Even as I climbed into bed, my mind was stuck on that one moment. I only faintly recall seeing Mark as we boarded her carriage through the blur of that moment. The moment I had my first ever kiss. My first kiss in my true form, and it was by her. The mare I had been watching my entire life.

I layed there for I don't know how long, just thinking. I became aware of said mare tossing and turning in another nightmare. I watched her for a few moments. Without thinking, I shifted across the bed. Snuggling against Celestia, she latched onto me the moment we touched. I felt her warmth as she seemed to calm. Slowly, a smile spread on her face. I closed my eyes, truly happy for the first time I could remember. I smiled as sleep took me.

...0...

Celestia's POV
I was being lead down a long hallway. Thoughts plagued my mind as Twilight droned on about the Hospital's history. Honestly, I didn't care. The only thought that plagued my mind was the death of my sister. Or more of how I was the cause of it. I was so lost in thought that didn't notice Twilight stopping. Which lead to me crashing into her.

She looked back in annoyance before putting on that fake smile that said 'I know everything and you don't'. I rubbed my head as I observed the hallway. I noticed a large wooden door with a plaque that said HEAD DOCTOR/ADMINISTRATOR'S OFFICE. I shook my head as I got up. It was now that I finally noticed the lack of two certain appendages on my back. For some reason, it didn't scare me. There was warmth there. Keeping me calm.

"Ahem..." Twilight coughed to get my attention.

"I do believe we should go in Miss Broadwing." Twilight said gesturing towards the door. I silently complied as I entered. The door opened with a loud creak. The room was a bright pink with bookshelves lined with books and scrolls of all kinds. As I looked ahead, I saw another familiar pony. A pink Pegasus with a tri-toned colored mane. Her cutie-mark. A blue crystal heart with gold wreaths.

"Ca-Cadence?" I asked hesitantly. Afraid for some reason.

"Hello Miss Broadwing. Do you remember who I am?" Cadence asked.

"I-I think so..." I said, fear still laced within my tone.

"Well just encase. I'm Doctor Crystal Cadence. Or Dr. Cadence if you want. I'm the head doctor here in Broadhoof." She said. As a wicked smile spread across her face. Her smile kept on growing until rows of sharp nightmarish teeth could be seen. Blood began to drip from her ever-growing fangs. My knees buckled as fear gripped at my heart. I began to scream as I thrashed about. But just before I could succumb to the terrifying nightmare. A calming warmth began to fill my being. As the heat engulfed me. I noticed my mane beginning to change back into its flowing aurora of color.

As the nightmare began to recede against my newfound hope and power. I could feel two wings begin to grow just before everything went to white.

...0...

I smiled. Celestia was almost bouncing in place. "Somepony slept well." I stated. She still had the smile as when she woke truly refreshed for the first time in a number of days. I carefully opened the door and left. I made it halfway down the hall before she noticed. I felt her emotions change as she near charged out of the room.

"I hope this doesn't become a normal thing, Chrysalis. Especially now." We had woken up to me on top of her. Trust me. It wasn't that awkward.

I just smiled innocently. It wasn't long before we reached the throne room. I noticed something off about the room instantly. If the smug looking Lunar Princess wasn't enough, there, in the middle of the room, sat a carriage. It was night sky black glowing stars. The door held a crescent moon that matched Luna's cutie mark. It was covered in images as well. There was her in front of the moon next to Celestia. Her banishing nightmares from ponies minds. Her using the Elements against Discord, and many more. They glowed bright as constellations framed on a black backdrop. There was her as her jealousy took hold. Her as Nightmare Moon fighting her sister, and her banishment to the moon. These glowed dimly, but were still seen. There was her taking Nightmare Moon's power upon herself, leaving Nyx as a filly. As well as many other more recent events. The top was lined with small, floating orbs that resembled miniature full moons.

"Oh Luna, it's beautiful!" Luna almost instantly saw Celestia's mood.

"Sister, you slept well. This was unexpected." I tuned them out as I inspected the carriage farther. The interior was filled with dark blue and black cushioning. The ceiling had a full moon in the center, and accurate constellations surrounding it. The carriage also gave off a silver-ish light, bathing everything near in the soft glow.

Hearing my name I turned to the Alicorn sisters. "What about me?" I asked as I put my guard up. I really wasn't liking the way Luna was looking at me now. My eyes narrowed slightly.

"Oh, I was about to tell her about this most interesting dream you had last night." My eyes widened. She wouldn't dare. Her smile grew more mistivious. She wouldn't... She opened her mouth. She would!! How dare she!! I teleported away without thinking.

...0...

Luna burst out laughing as Chrysalis disappeared in a flash of light. Celestia felt worry instantly enter her heart. And loneliness. "I am sorry sister, I could not resist." She lifted a few pages from her throne. "Here, I wrote the whole thing down for you. As for the carriage, it was put on the last train to leave Ponyville before the barrier went up. A few hours before now, the flashes stopped. As of yet, we have heard nothing from them. In other news, I granted a request from the Captain of the night guard, I find it would be useful." The two sisters stepped onto a balcony overlooking the area around Ponyville.

They continued to talk as they changed the sky from night to day. "Nyx kept that barrier up all night, it seems." Celestia commented. "Not that surprising, really. For one thing, she took a direct hit from Tirek that one time. And that was when she had barely learned the spell from Shining. Fact is, I doubt the both of us together could break that shield." Luna nodded. They stood there for near half an hour before the barrier fell. Ponyville stood tall. No damage could be seen.

Luna turned. "I shall see you at sundown sister." Celestia nodded as she started to read about Chrysalis' dream. It wasn't long before she was blushing. Now she understood why Luna couldn't resist. She kept thinking she needed to put it down, but she couldn't tear her eyes off the paper.

...0...

I looked around. It took me several moments to realize where I was. This was where my throne room once stood. Now it was home to the reformed changelings. A few now stared at me apprehensively. I recognized the signs instantly. They were starving. I felt sadness wash over me. It was happening much faster then usual. I closed my eyes as tears started to steam down my face. I felt shock from those around me as they started muttering.

Author's Note:

YES!! Now I just need to write two and a half chapters by the weekend, and I'll be golden.

And yes, I have a little... something planned for the reformed Changelings. Hope you all enjoyed. Over and out.