• Published 25th Aug 2017
  • 702 Views, 15 Comments

Blitz And Balance - Ennelly Von Swortts



legend says that when fear and darkness run whild ocross Equestria, only harmony and Chaos together can wake the endless balance, and an enemy must take up the mantle when Sun and Moon fall.

  • ...
 15
 702

27 An Oath

Author: Ennelly Von Swortts

Co-Author: ElectroPHX228 (Blitz)

Chapter Twenty-seven:An Oath

I followed Tempest's trail through the tough town, till I found what looked like a large fish with arms and legs slowly rolling to his feet. I walked straight up to him. “Looks like Tempest really did a number on you. Mind telling me where she went?” He looked at me in slight anger.

“How many more of you ponies are there?!” He practically yelled. I shoved him to the side with magic as I continued trying to catch up to Tempest. The sound of a large wood building falling apart caused me to pause for a moment.
Looking ahead showed a cage on wheels, common with slavers. Tempest had just left here. Glancing through the door, I did a double take at Virgo laying there, obviously shocked by Tempest.

I couldn't help it, I really couldn't. “Long time no see, Virgo.” I said sweetly to him. Once my voice registered in his head, he shrieked as he scrambled to the far end of the room.

“Get away from me, She-Demon!!” He screamed at me.

I only smirked. “Too bad I'm in a hurry to stick around, old friend. I had hoped we'd be able to spend some... Ah, quality time together. Farewell, my pray has already had a running start.” I stepped over and looked out the window. Twilight and her friends had somehow managed to break the windmill, causing large amounts of damage to some scaffolding down the road. "How those six can cause such chaos, I will never know..." I muttered as I made my way after Tempest, reaching the dock just minutes after she left. I sighed, channeling my borrowed magic as I took off after her. The cloud covering overhead turned the day to night, making it hard to see. Without warning, a loud boom echoed from ahead and to my left. glancing over, I saw a circular rainbow, and airship in the middle. Moments later, I saw Tempest's airship making her way toward what I was sure was a sonic rainboom. I angled to intercept from above. Feeling the last of the magic start to leave, I managed to land on top of Tempest's airship, well away from her sight.

aaaaaaah....” I blinked, carefully trying to look over the edge. Tempest’s ship had docked with the larger airship, who’s crew were on deck, standing in a line. As I watched, a trapdoor was opened, then the whole ship was turned practically turned upside down. I watched carefully, making sure to get a good look at a map they'd found. Obviously drawn by Twilight. I smiled.

“So... You’re looking for the Hippogriffs. I wonder... How did you figure that out?” I muttered to myself. For surely, they could get aid from them? It would’ve surprised me if they didn't.Boom! Boo-boom! I looked down to see explosions rocking the larger airship. Explosions I recognized. Within minutes, the ship was spiraling toward the ground in lazy circles, many bits and pieces having been blown clear off. “I knew it! She went easy on me!” I exclaimed quietly, settling down as the airship made it's way south. I saw a mountain island I couldn't remember the name of, but was burned into my memory permanently… No way I could ever forget what I saw here… What she did to survive. The day the Hippogriffs disappeared.

I spotted a makeshift air balloon smashed against stairs that climbed to the top of the mountain. Tempest began to slowly drift around the peak, my guess to surprise Twilight and the others when they came into the open. I kept my eyes open for anything that would hint to them convincing Novo to help Equestria. A magical presence tickled my horn, a presence I knew too well, having practically made the item giving it off. “It seems Novo is using the pearl. I wonder... Did they find the Hippogriffs?”

Thirty minutes or so later, I was just dozing off when I heard a loud clang below me. “Twilight!” Soon followed. ‘Is that Spike?’I thought, trying to peek over the edge. I spotted him as a little purple dot fading into the distance.

I sighed as I made my way to the side of the airship, looking for a way down to the deck. I was almost there when zzztclang! I barely grabbed the side of the ship to keep from falling off. The sound surprised me. I listened close, noticing music in the air. Obviously a heartsong. Then I heard a deeper mare’s voice, smooth and soft... a commanding feel to it. And there I listened to Tempest's heartsong, whispering who she was in my ear. Images came to my mind. A unicorn filly playing ball with others. A boarded up cave. A vary small Ursa Minor. A broken horn... I understood who she was now, a mare who wanted what had been taken from her all those years ago. I have to admit... She reminded me of... Well, me.

I made a choice right than and there. I was going to make sure Tempest didn't make my mistakes, doesn't follow in my hoof-steps. Whatever it takes, she’s going to be a better mare then I ever was!

Author's Note:

Open up your eyes was stuck in my head almost the whole time I was writing this. Speaking of which...
https://youtube/mZvSriNSvUk