• Published 24th Aug 2017
  • 1,726 Views, 8 Comments

Jealousy Heresy - Orion Star



Starlight witness' two of her friends becoming more then that and starts to feel slightly jealous...

  • ...
2
 8
 1,726

Chapter 1

Chapter 1

Twilight yawned. Celestia's sun softly intruded Twilight's small room. The window was opened a crack and the magenta curtains tied perfectly on each side. Her room was small but cosy, having room to walk down the centre. Her room wore a dark purple paint that absorbed the warm rays of sun.

Twilight sat up rubbing her eyes and sighed. She looked onto her bedside table and a humble smile crept along her face. A picture of her in the middle with all 6 friends surrounding her, Looking towards Twilight in the centre. It was a gift they all worked on as a surprise thanking her for everything she's done bringing them together. The last picture she looked at was on Top and the largest. Rainbow Dash. Her Rainbow mane glistening in the warm sun. Her face gleamed with confidence. Her bright half lidded eyes looking directly at Twilight's with a smug, and slightly seductive, smirk on her face. Twilight and her portrait stared into the eyes of Rainbow.

Twilight blinked rapidly a few times. A confused look on her face she trotted out of her room and descended down her stairs. Trotting into her kitchen, he horn glowed a deep magenta as her kettle boiled a mug, teabag,sugar,milk all entered her mug. Hesitating forgetting not to put the milk in first, come on Twilight you're better then that… She looked at her fridge containing a to do list of the day.
Sort modern history issues 12 to 100 based on release date for celestia. (7-11am)
Deliver ingredients for double upside down strawberry cake ( see cooking for singles issue 2. Page 34). (1-2pm)
Goto rainbows house for flying lessons. (3-7pm)
Try on Rarity’s latest dress made for the summer sun celebration. (8-11pm)
Free time (11pm-1am)

The kettle popped. Twilight turned to her mug smiling, pouring in the water and adding milk before stirring. Not a bad day ahead of me. Sorting is fun. Getting to see pinkie is always a blast. Flying with Rainbow is scary. Difficult. But satisfying, plus it's a free private wonderbolt show, Twilight giggled to herself. Taking her tea she trotted into the living room. Adjusting to this huge castle was… a challenge, to say the least. She may have lived here for a year now. But was certain she had not seen every room yet. She laid down in her chair and checked the time 6am. Plenty of time. She took a sip of her tea, wincing in the heat.

Sorting books. Check.
She looked to her to do list, a flash of light revealing a quill. She put the quill in an idk.pot that also appeared and crossed it off the list. She looked lower down and began walking towards the door when suddenly-

Flash

Starlight Glimmer appeared out of this air with a kite in her mouth. Twilight smiled, not remotely phased by her appearing student, and stared at her.
“Good morning Starlight “ Starlight turned.around to face the lavender mare,startled.
“Oh, morning Twi” Starlight let a warm smile at Twilight. Starlight looked a mess. Her mane was scruffy and bags were under her eyes. Twilight spoke softly “Hard night? “ she chuckled quietly. Starlight giggled. “Not particularly, just early for me to wake up after a cider night yanno?” Starlight smiled at twilight, looking half asleep, Twilight's expression changed from playfulness to confusion. “Early? It's 11am silly!” Starlight stared with a confused expression and pointed to the large grandfather clock. “It’s 9am Twi… you can create a portal between worlds, but reading a clock too difficult for ya? “ Starlights face lit up with a playful and teasing smirk. “ B...but my schedule said I’d finish at 11… I’m ahead of schedule… but… but… i planned it. Mathematically and psychologically, accounting for me getting faster as my mind wakes up… hmm maybe I made a mistake….” her eyes lit up with fear she paced the room. “... What if i made a mistake on the others…. What if i get less time with Dashie… and… and…” Starlight raised an eyebrow at her. “I thought you were just doing lessons with her? “ after a moment of thinking and noticing a small shade of crimson brush across the alicorns face. The smart, sarcastic and mainly playful pony smirked with half lidded eyes. “Dashie ey? Hmm. Never heard anyone other then pinkie call her that… so you sure she's giving you. Flying. Lessons? Or lessons on Falling? “ Starlight giggled. A confused expression hit Twilight along with a deep blush. “oh come on… Flying. Falling with style? “ Twilight nodded “ Falling. Falling for a pony…. It was a good Joke alright! Jeez…” Starlight rolled her eyes. Twilight stared at Starlight, blushing profusely,” please don’t tell anypony… please… “ she spoke with a slow stutter. Starlight smiled “ Oh twi im just teasing you! I won't tell anypony but if you need someone to talk to. Im here for you and i support you just like all your friends.” Starlight smiled and hugged a smiling Twilight “thanks glim glam” she smirked. Starlight pouted “ you know i hate that name twiggy…” she winked at Twilight. They both smiled and wad to the market.

Starlight and Twilight were in a canter towards sugar cube corner. Both saddlebags completely full of ingredients. The bell chimed above the door as the two mares stepped in giggling lightly. “Heya guys! You got my super duper ingredients?” the pink mare bounced vividly towards the two unicorns. “ Yes pinkie, we do” Twilight said as she giggled “ Here ya go! “ the two unicorns opened there saddlebags bags and levitated the ingredients into the kitchen. Twilight's hoof raised halfway “ Hey pinkie can i ask if you know where -”
“Heya Dashie! Over here!” pinkie shouted, interrupting Twilight. Starlight nudged Twilight and leaned close and whipped in her ear “oooh. Not just your little dashie is she?” starlight grinned as the two unicorns turned around. The purple one's cheeks a bright and obvious crimson. Twilight grumbled. Trying to hide her blush.
“Hey Twi… Pinkie and Starlight” the cyan pegasus blushed lightly. “I. Uhh. Didn't expect to see you two here… Ready for flying later Twi?” the Rainbow maned pegasus grinned towards the two unicorns. “Yeah! Pfft. When is Twilight Sparkle not ready?!” Twilight smirked confidently “ I could.do it right now in fact! Do it for way longer then normal!” Twilight's confidence faded as starlight stifled a giggle and nudged her and whispered “ smooth moves twiggy “ starlight giggled as Twilight blushed deeply. Turning a.dark shade of red. Rainbow giggled “I dunno.what you said glimmy, but Twilight liked it nearly more than our flying lessons! “ Twilight's blush deepened. All 3 mare started laughing and giggling. Expect Twilight who was blushing too hard. Rainbow smiled “oh Twi we’re just teasing ya! Come on! I'd love to go flying early.” she smirked as she turned and trotted towards the door. Starlight winked at Twilight who was bright red at this point. She whispered “ I think Dash likes you too…” Twilight turned to starlight with a raised brow. “ how’d ya know?” Twilight squeaked.

“Social calls Twi… Social calls…” Starlight smiled at the purple mare. “Falling in love is easy, but staying in love is the dedication” Twilight smiled at the surprisingly insightful mare.

“I love her Glimmer… You seem to be good with this… will you… help me date her…?” Twilight whispered to student who smiled warm heartedly “ Anything for you teach! “ starlight giggled. “ You’re so smart. But i've never seen you so worked up over a pony before. Don't you worry! One mind controlled dashie all yours!” starlight whispered with a smile

“Starlight!” Twilight squeaked

“Sarcasm Twi, Sarcasm.” starlight jokes.

The two unicorns trotted out the store to meet Rainbow who was doing back flips repeatedly before she noticed the attractive unicorn and Starlight. She stopped her maneuvers and landed next to the 2 smiling unicorns. One who was slightly red cheeked, as usual, had a warm smile on her face. “Hey Dash, i know its probably interrupting your busy schedule...” Starlight stifled a laugh “... But i appreciate this so much! I wish i could become as awesome a flyer as you one day…” Twilight light blushes and broke eye contact, her eyes darting around Smooth one princess… you sound like scootaloo… Rainbow smiled and nudged Twilight's shoulder “I dunno about being as awesome a flyer as me…. But you are very a awesome pony… I’m glad to teach ya!” she looked at starlight with a raised brow “How come you're here? I didn't know you could fl-... Nevermind… “ she remembered though the unicorn could literally levitated herself. Rainbow didn't show it, but her eyes did as she looked at twilight. “Is she joining us?” Rainbow said in a lower pitch. Glimmer smiled “Not at all! Dont worry. I wouldn't interrupt some you time when you're learning… “ Starlight smirked at twilight whose face was on fire over the emphasis on you and learning because she knee exactly what she meant. Dash smiled at Twilight. “Well. Let's get to it!” Dash hovered as Twi took off and they flew towards the park. Together. Starlight giggled at the cute couple…. With a slight hint of jealousy… She always wanted someone to care for her…

Rainbows athletic figure was propelled by her well defined muscular wings. Twilight stared blushing at the beautiful cyan mare. Rainbow and Twilight took a turn and stopped when reaching the park at there usual bench. Rainbows flank shook as she hit the floor, breaking Twilight’s gaze. Rainbow Dash turned and smiled at the cute, purple mare. There gaze met as they looked eyes and stared into each other's eyes with Passion, wonder, awe and lust. Rainbow Blinked and smiled at Twilight who moments later came through. “S-so… what today?” Twilight stuttered sheepishly. Rainbow swallowed the lump in her throat and spoke with false confidence “Well then… I reckon you could move onto the next stage… “ Rainbow pondered “... Hmm yeah i think so. We can start teaching you some tricks!” Rainbow smiled as she spoke. Twilight giggled with a raised eyebrow and half lidded eyes “I’m not your pet, Dashie…” Twilight spoke with a low tone, which was rather seducing, Not yet… She thought as she felt her body get warm. Dash flushed a bright red as she stammered “Y-yeah I know. Duhh. I-I meant in a good way yanno?” she mumbled “Not that the other one is bad…” Twilight's eyes widened and mouth cocked open “I...I heard that dashie” she looked at the burning cheeked cyan mare “You know, crimson contrasts cyan quite well!” she said in a low tone staring into Rainbows eyes.

Play it cool Rainbow… maybe she didn't know what i meant… oh celestia don't scare her. Come on…

“Oh?” Rainbow smirked, confidence in her face. “I think cyan goes quite well with magenta… but that's just my opinion” Rainbow smiled at Twilight who was wide eyed and blushing “Hmm. Red suits you too. You’re even more attractive like that” Rainbow giggled. But stopped realising what she just said. Her eyes widened and mouth dropped.

Dash!? What was that! Ohmygosh she's gonna think i'm weird and know I like her. Maybe I should run or maybe stay. If i run then if she comes after me it’ll be so romantic and I’ll know she likes me. But if I stay then we could just talk it out and everything would be easier. But awkward.

Twilight's eyes were wide and she opened her mouth to speak but nothing came out. She tried again, stuttering, “R-Rainbow..? Do you actually think that… I-I’m -”

Rainbow leant in and kissed Twilight directly on her snout. Twilight's eyes widened and her face was on fire. Her heart pounded. Her breath quickened. She leant back from the shock but the kiss continued. Her Chest heated. Her mind raced. She pulled away “I...I'm sorry!” and in a flash she teleported away leaving Rainbow alone. Rainbow looked down at the floor. Sighed. And a tear rolled down her cheek. Rainbow gave up all hope and prepared to fly home when a hoof touched her back.

Starlight Glimmer was there the entire time. Like she promised Twilight, invisible, and smiled at Rainbow. Rainbow stepped back in shock and stammered “H-how much did you….see?” Starlight smiled and hugged Rainbow tight “ all of it Dash. But don't worry. About Twi…. Do you… like her?” Starlight queried the sobbing mare. “No.” Rainbow boldly stated. Glimmer blinked and winced in shock. “B-but why did you- “ Starlight whined but was cut off by Rainbow “I love her. I like or crush on a cute mare. But she…. She's everything. Kind. Honest. Caring. Passionate. Loving. Loyal. Beautiful. Pretty. Cute and she's insanely attractive. And all I im is a showboating lonely friend… “ Starlight smiled. “Dash. She loves you. She really does. You just need to tell her before you. Yanno? Put her on the spot like that… you know how nervous she can get about something she cares about” Starlight spoke in low and calming tone.

She cleared her throat. “Love is complicated Dash. It's something that we as ponies have to find our selves. We learn from experience and gain knowledge through actions. Twilight hasn't had a relationship before. It's not something they teach in school or in a book. I always wondered why. So many young fillies get hurt by young foals and visa versa in relationships because they don't get taught what love is. If they taught them what love is, they wouldn't have so many hurt fillies. But then I realised you can't teach love. Its different for everypony. And so is the way they show love. Everypony looks for something different. But you never know what you look for Until you find it. It's impossible to teach. And Twilight just found out what she's looking for, is also looking for her. And she had no time to think about it. Love is confusing. And so are ponies. “ Starlight smiled warmly and hugged Dash. “Come on Dash. Let's go find your marefriend!”

M-Marefriend?

Author's Note:

Hey its Orion! This is my first ever fic but I do study English Literature at a high level, so I would really appreciate all constructive criticism to help with further fics and chapters, as well as my school work :)

I have no idea how this fic is going to end as I am currently writing chapter 3 and don't imagine to be done soon so please leave any suggestions you may have for endings or future chapters!

Thanks for reading!
-Orion

I will reply to all the comments I get so be sure to ask any questions! :D