• Published 24th Aug 2017
  • 1,725 Views, 8 Comments

Jealousy Heresy - Orion Star



Starlight witness' two of her friends becoming more then that and starts to feel slightly jealous...

  • ...
2
 8
 1,725

Chapter 2

Dash and Starlight arrived outside the large crystal tree. The warm summer sun began its retreat towards the west. Dash had a flat expression. Too many emotions running wild through her head for one to dominate her expressionless face. Starlight was quite the opposite, a bright vibrant smile that would even put Celestia to shame. The attractive and overly sarcastic mare lead Dash through the front door.

The castle was quiet and the life of ponyville could be heard over the silence of the castle.
“Twiiilightttt~” Starlight sung with a hint of sarcasm in her voice. “It’s your second favourite mare!”

Silence

“Oh come on Crylight you love her, her she loves you. It aint hard! You've had time to think and it's not hard to guess your in your secret library…” Starlight grew impatient.
“ Oh for celestia's sake i'm coming up there. Why are you hiding? You've read wayyy too many cliché romance novels. “Starlight began up the stairs with a quivering Rainbow Dash following closely behind.

The door to Twilight's room opened and the brave and bold, Starlight Glimmer trotted in and moved a bookcase. “Thereee we a-” Starlight sung but stopped upon noticing the room was empty. “Oh… Oh?” Starlight winced and turned to Dash. “I. Uh. I guess I was… wrong…”

“I’m not normally wrong…”

---------------------------

Flash

Twilight appeared in her room. Tears streaming on her face. She was hyperventilating and looked around her room frantically with obvious panic.
“Ohmygosh what have i done oh my goshhh i can't believe she did that i don't know how to feel if i should be happy or scared but of course i'm happy so why did i teleport away oh my gosh i'm so fucking dumb.” she spoke with utter panic and rapidity. She hyperventilated more as she ran out of breathe. She stood up straight and stuck a hoof to her chest and inhaled deeply, she stuck her hoof straight out and exhaled slowly.

She was somewhat calm now

Slam

She heard Starlight yelling from downstairs, she was about to answer until she heard 2 sets of hooves and ran into her panic room.
More hoofsteps and yelling.

““Oh come on Crylight you love her, her she loves you. It aint hard! You've had time to think and it's not hard to guess your in your secret library…”

Twilight winced at the nickname but cast an invisibility spell and hid in her panic room as the hoofsteps drew closer. The door opened and Twilight took a deep breath…


Starlight Glimmer trotted in and moved a bookcase. “Thereee we a-” Starlight sung but stopped upon noticing the room was empty. “Oh… Oh?” Starlight winced and turned to Dash. “I. Uh. I guess I was… wrong…”

Twilight stared at the confused mare.

“I’m not normally wrong…”

Starlight turned around slowly keeping an eye in the room. Rainbow stepped up from.behind the door. Revealing her self to the invisible mare.

Twilight squeaked, instantly covering her snout with her hooves.

Starlight spun around in an instant. A grind spread across her face “I'm not normally wrong…”

Twilight held her breath, her lungs like knives against her chest.

Dash blushed and stepped away from the door. She reconsidered and stepped a few steps closer, swallowing a lump in her throat. “T-Twi… I know you ran- teleported away, but I’m sorry I kissed you so suddenly. I honestly just couldn’t think of words that were good enough to describe how much i loved you. So… i just did the only thing that came close… “ Rainbow sighed. “I'm so sorry Twi…” Starlight stood, mouth open slightly with a blush light on her coat and widened eyes.

Twilight appeared. A shining velvet of crimson stuck to her cheeks vibrantly. She smiled. “Did… did you just quote a romance novel…” Twilight had a smirk on her face. “ I'm sorry for leaving like that… I just- “

“Yeah yeah i told her. No time to think this. Panicking that.” Starlight smirked with a sarcastic tone in her voice.

“You ruined all my romantic moment. Ugh i hate you “ Twilight spoke gently with a smirk

Starlight failed to stifle a snicker. “Pfft. What romance?! “

“This one” Twilight spoke softly with a seductive tone as she teleported in front of a startled Dash and put there lips together in a passionate kiss. Dash winced in hesitation but leant into it and kissed back. The lovers kissed for a full minute before retreating from the front lines. Panting and staring into each other's eyes.

“Twilight? “

“Rainbow?”

“I love you. “

“I love you too.”

“Sooo? We’re a thing now..?”

“I guess so….”

“Sweet!” Rainbow did a small flip hitting a sobbing Starlight with her tail.

“Starlight? W-what's wrong?” Twilight queried with genuine compassion.

Starlight looked at Twilight with pure sadness

“I...I…” she sniffled

“Why does no pony love me…?” Starlight stared at the new couple with teared eyes.
Rainbow and Twilight looked at each other with empathy and confusion. Returning their gaze to the sobbing and attractive mare.

“W...what?” The two mares stammered in unison

“I.. I want a mare too…” Starlight spoke stuttering.

“Starlight these things take ti-”

Flash

---------------------------

Starlight reappeared in her room laying on her bed. She sighed.
Did I really just say that…
Ugh i hate feelings… but. I wouldn’t mind someone to talk to everyday and night… someone who cares and would be there for all my life to experience the joys and adventures together?
Why am I so sappy. It's like seeing them made me care about that shit.
Fuck it. Time to not care.
She levitated a half drunk bottle of vodka into her mouth, taking a large swig, whining when the bitter taste burned her tongue. She smiled. Her door locked and she laid in her back.

Time to get fucked, again

The door handle moved but didn't move.

Oh come on.

“BUSY!” she yelled out with a slight tone of sarcasm and annoyance.

“Please Starlight, we need to talk…”

She sat up and sighed. This could wait.

“Its open”

The door handle moved and the a thud followed.

“I hate you so much “ Twilight grumbled following her collision with the door

Starlight chuckled and opened the door. Twilight and Rainbow entered. Starlight noticed Rainbows wing was embracing the princess.

“What do you want. And if it's about what i blurted out earlier forget it” she spoke clearly and bluntly. She took a swig of vodka and stared at the lovers.

“Starlight… we want to help you” Twilight retorted

“You think you can?” Starlight sounded genuine. Too genuine to the point of sarcasm.
“Of course we can Glimmy! “ Twilight encouraged.

“Oh wonderful! Where do we start? My depression? Social anxiety? My bad self body image? How fucking ugly I am? My insanely careless attitude? My overly sarcastic tone? My drinking problems? Oh Ghee wizz! So many great options!” Starlight spoke with a sarcastic tone but her words help a bit of genuine self doubt.

“Starlight…” Twilight spoke gently

“You aren’t ugly. Your weight is fine. Sarcasm can be funny. Drinking isn't a problem unless you make it one. And I’m careless but I found a beautiful mare!” Rainbow broke the silence by speaking her first words in an hour.

Starlight smiled and laid back “Thanks Rainbow. All those.kind words have completely changed my character and all my psychological flaws magically disappeared. “ Starlight sighed. “I'm sorry… I’m not in the mood for a ‘feeling' talk, yanno?” Starlight took a swig of her vodka and closed her eyes.

“ I wish it was that easy… I wish i was as smart and confident as Twilight. As brave an free as you Dash. But quite frankly. I've got shit all apart from magic which i only just learnt doesn't solve my problems.” she sighed again. “ You two go on a romantic date or something. I'm gonna get drunk and flick it ‘till I pass out “ Starlight smirked.

“Have fun and shower thoroughly” Twilight responded, chuckling with a smirk before shutting the door.

“She is joking right?” Rainbow questioned her marefriend

Twilight giggled “You wanna go check after our date. Be my guest! “ Twilight grinned.

“I’ll pass.” Rainbow smiled at twilight as they trotted towards the local restaurant.

-------------------------------------------------------------

The Buckers Bistro was a small and sweet bistro. The food was good and the decorations were reasonably fancy (as far as Rainbow was concerned) and was full of ponies all eating there evening meals. Rainbow and Twilight took a seat outside, bathing in the warm breeze. The sun was setting and the moon rising as the two ponies took their seats, opening a menu for their beverages. Twilight set down her menu and a warm smile escaped her as she gazed upon Dash like a constellation, waiting to be explored. Dash was still appeared to be looking at her menu, but had decided long ago what she wanted, using it as a way to hide her stare. She smiled, putting down her menu and stared into the sparkling eyes that also met hers.
"Is there something behind me? Or you just deciding what you want to eat?" Dash spoke slowly, with a smirk creeping along her face as she finished the sentence. A light hue of crimson stormed Twilight's cheeks. "Don't you make sexual jokes, we've been dating less then 2 hours!" Twilight teased, with half lidded eyes still gazing into Dash's.
"Who said I was joking? Maybe I would let you eat m-" Dash was interrupted by the waiter.
"Good day Madam's, can I help you to any beverages?" The waiter spoke with a fake cheer accompanied by a small and forced smile.
"Yes, please can I take the... uh actually, is the Rosé sparkling or still?" Twilight queried
"Still"
"Are you sure?"
"Very"
"Is it sweet or bitter?"
"Sweet"
"Hmm, is it-" Twilight was cut off, "Twi just pick already It's just wine." Dash berated.
"Fine fine, I'll take the Rosé in a glass" Twilight finally concluded.
"As you wish Ma'am, and you Miss Dash?" The waiter turned and faced Dash, his smile gone.
"I'll take the Chardonnay please" Dash smiled at the waiter, returning the menu to him.
"Of course madam. I'll be right back, would you like the food menu?" The waiter suggested.
"Yes please" Dash replied, as the waiter trotted off back to the kitchen.
"You are THE pickiest person I have ever met" Dash sniggered, turning back to Twilight who was pouting comically. "A mare's has to know what's going inside her!" Twilight retorted, but Dash failed to stifle a laugh.
"I hate you" Twilight frowned "You're so immature!" She smirked at Dash who couldn't stop laughing.
"I love you too" Dash managed to say through her laughs.

---------------------------

Starlight grunted as she heard the door open and close, she stood up out of bed and turned the radio on. She had to say, her old village didn't have any reception what so ever to stop the other ponies realise what was happening to them. But she can't deny she was missing out, hearing all the gossip and some great songs while also getting a laugh out of it? What isn't great about that?
"Don't mean to brag, don't mean to gloat. But I'm a six course meal and you're just burnt toast!"
Starlight smiled, her best friend Trixie got dared to make a song within 2 days. Somehow she managed it and it was a huge hit. But starlight loved that line, was it because of how witty it is? How sassy it is? Or maybe because she wrote it? Whatever it was it always made her smile, just a little bit.
"I'm here to take you down a peg,
Oh, whoa, oh-whoa-oh-whoa-oh-oh,
By the time I'm done, you're gonna beg."

Starlight wrote that line too, but even she had no idea how it got past the censors, which not only censored profanity but also anything slightly suggestive, which sucked as suggestive content is always fun. Subtext is great to read into, especially when your laying in bed waiting for 2 of your friends to come back from some date. Her analogy was, very specific, but she liked it. Euphemisms were something Starlight enjoyed making as her friends never got them, which made it oddly satisfying when somepony agreed to something they didn't notice.

She began towards the door to welcome home her friends, she couldn't be bothered to teleport. It might be quicker but it actually required her to put in effort, even just a little, and that was too much for her right now. While navigating the overly complex corridors she took in the sights. Surprisingly it was beautiful. The sun reflected lightly off the crystal walls and gave a elegant radiance to the otherwise, cold looking room. Starlight never had the opportunity to notice such fine details as if she wasn't teleporting straight to where she needed to be, she was concentrating on finding a new part to the castle. Finally she made her way down the stairs into the main hall to which was empty. She kept moving and made her way finally into the living quarters, which was practically a mini library, and saw a rainbow maned pegasi, and a deep lavender alicorn.
"Heyo love birds, how was you romantic meal?" Starlight smiled warmly at the two mares, who turned around to face her.
"Oh it was lovely thank you" Twilight replied calmly, a somewhat small grin on her face.
"Oh y-yeah, it was pretty awesome" Rainbow stuttered, a battle on her face raged, as she tried to fight back a smirk.
"Uhh huhh... You two sound oh so convincing, especially with them totally legit facial expressions" Starlight replied monotone, and a deadpan expression. "What really happened?" Starlight interrogated.
"No, it really way lovely... buttt..." Twilight grinned at Rainbow who was smirking back at her. "We have some news that isn't about our date. But more about yours..."
"My... what? Oh god are you two high?" Starlight rolled her eyes and started towards the door.
In unison they both turned to face her and spoke together.
"We found you a potential love interest...."
Starlight stopped instantly, turned to face the two mares with widened eyes and mouth agape. She blinked twice and after a stutter. Boldly spoke with genuine discomfort.
"What."

Author's Note:

So another chapter done and still no idea where this is going. Updates are gonna take longer now though as I don't have any drafts for a chapter 3 unlike I did for chapter 2. So updates are probably going to come out weekly now rather than after a few days. As usual, constructive criticism is welcome and I'll get writing the next chapter ASAP but I go back to school in 8 days so I'm going to try get it up before then. Thanks again!