• Published 24th Aug 2017
  • 1,717 Views, 8 Comments

Jealousy Heresy - Orion Star



Starlight witness' two of her friends becoming more then that and starts to feel slightly jealous...

  • ...
2
 8
 1,717

Chapter 3

"We found you a potential love interest...."
Starlight stopped instantly, turned to face the two mares with widened eyes and mouth agape. She blinked twice and after a stutter. Boldly spoke with genuine discomfort.
"What."

Starlight blinked twice before shaking her head. Dash and Twilight smiled coyly. "Let's keep it simple. Who, What, When, Where and Why." Starlight's voice penetrated through their ears with a deep monotone.
"Secret, Pony, An hour ago, at the bistro and well, we thought you might like them as they are very kind and caring a-"
"Fluttershy!?"
"No no! Not all kind ponies are Fluttershy, Starlight"
"No fucking shit Sherlock" Starlight rolled her eyes and began again towards the exit of the room, flicking her tail towards twilight in disrespect.
"Starlight please... just give them a chance?" Twilight whined, Starlight turned to face her teacher and apparently Cupid wannabe and raised a brow.
"And why, the fuck, should I? You're my teacher! What the fuck do you know about me other then my ability in magic and my in ability to make friends? Just because I'm practically incompetent at meeting and talking to new people doesn't mean I need you two trying to do it for me! I'm literally fucking useless, so don't bother! I'm off to get smashed and binge watch Correneightion street. And if that's a problem to you, why not go and find me some friends, maybe find me a pet too? What about finding me a fucking place in this world? You seem adamant to find me something that I will never get. You pillock." A tear formed in Starlight's eye as she panted heavily. Her mouth opened a little, but blinked away before anything got out.

Twilight and Dash's eyes and mouths were agape. They slowly looked at each other with mixed emotions, a dead silence among them. Twilight sighed and let her mouth close before looking at the door, then to dash again. "Dashie..?"
Dash's eye narrowed again returning to normal and she gulped before replying. "Uhh, yeah?" Twilight raised a brow, waited a moment, and then spoke softly. "What's a pillock?".

Dash smiled and giggled to her self.
"Never mind Twi, for now we should try find Glimmer. I think we might have messed up not talking to her first..."
As Dash spoke she rubbed the back of her neck and let off an awkward chuckle.
"Yeahhh, maybe we should have gone and asked her first before we gave her a blind date, I just felt so bad for her after she started crying that I felt the need to help her getting somepony who can love her. I sometimes think no matter how hard I try with my friendship lessons that in the end it will all amount to her not finding somepony no matter how hard I try. I can't force her to fall in love and I can't force another pony to love her. But putting her onto a date would fill me with false pride."
"And how is false pride something good?" Dash queried, slightly annoying Twilight by interrupting her fantastic monologue.
"Well, as I've become older and more mature I start to realise how the world isn't and sunshine and laser beams. Sometimes things can't be solved the way or speed you'd like so as I get older I realise how much easier life is if you consider false hope to be accomplishment. If we tell our selves everything will be fine to the point we believe it then we won't stress or worry about the fact it most likely won't be okay. It's kinda like how ignorance is bliss. If you don't know how bad something is you are less likely to feel bad about it. It isn't something good, more of a way of coping with stress. And worrying about Glimmer doesn't help." Twilight took a deep breath and sighed, she hung her head in disappointment. "I feel like I've failed her Dash. I feel like instead of helping I just made it worse." A tear formed in her eye before it disappeared down her face.

Dash was insanely confused. To put it simply. 2 mares, who she was very close with both, having upsetting and soppy monologues. She had no idea what to say or even think at this point. Maybe she could have a monologue of her own? Keep Twilight's mind off of everything, it was her duty as her marefriend to keep her beloved happy, so that's what she will do!

"Listen, Twi. There is no need to blame your self, it was both of us who came up with the idea. Both of us who asked Sunset to do this. Both of us who persuaded her to do it. So that means it's both of us who should share this problem and both of us, together, to fix it. No matter what happens I will be by your side through all of this and you know that. So what we need to do is talk about this, we've been dating for like 3 hours. But we already have a problem to overcome, but together we have overcame so much with friendship. We now have something so much more powerful, as long as we do things together we can make our wrongs, right. Alright, firstly we need to talk about what we can do and say, no need to rush because she needs time to cool down on her own. She knows her self better then we know her so she'll know what she needs to calm down, bugging her straight away will just annoy her. I know your upset, but for the sake of Starlight, we need to calm down and talk this through, alright?" Dash smiled warmly after taking a deep breath and nuzzled Twilight lightly letting her know what she meant was genuine. Twilight nuzzled back and smirked. "I, didn't know you were such a motivational speaker Dash." She giggled, sniffling a bit before wiping her tears. "Can't say it didn't work though" She giggled a little before kissing Dash lightly before backing away. "So, Miss 'IHaveAPlan', what's the plan?" Twilight raised a brow, the emotion in her voice now emphasising sarcasm more then anything else.

Dash rolled her Balls and smiled. "If you had listened to me you'd have heard me say we need to work together to make one because we both caused this."
"Both caused this? So... So I caused this? Well guess I'm gonna have to cry now..." Twilight teased smirking at dash with squinted eyes.
"Wouldn't surprise me" Rainbow raised a brow and smirked, turning away before she saw Twilight's face go through 3 different emotions of confusion, sadness and happiness.
She pouted "Sheesh okay, lets go make a plan, no need to be so savage Dashie!"
"That word is like, 3 years old Twi, get with the times" Dash retorted before they both exited the room, Dash's wing over Twilight as a sign of comfort, and protection.

Author's Note:

Sorry this is so late! Especially for how short the chapter is, wanted to power through this chapter this weekend buttt... I had an essay and a tonne of Science work I completely forgot about. Expect shorter chapters but coming out more often. I think now I have the introductory chapters done I can start writing more story driven chapters rather then expository, so I can write more chapters with less words in. I was planning on just making a scene change here. But I am long over due my "monday" quota so I feel obliged to release this. Don't worry, already working on the next chapter!

Also I like games, a lot. They don't help with writing :( Sorry! :twilightblush: