• Published 26th Aug 2017
  • 1,327 Views, 47 Comments

Displaced: Crossing Roads - Slendy



We all know the stories of people's misadventures in the magical land of Equestria, but in this adventure, see how two random nobodies, with powers beyond their own, fight, not only for the inhabitants of Equestria, but to find a way home.

  • ...
7
 47
 1,327

Chapter 12 "I'm Standing Right Here"

Displaced: Crossing Roads
Chapter 12
"I'm Standing Right Here"

A labyrinth of gold and white stood before me, as my steps vibrated through-out its hollow chambers like warnings to whatever awaited me at the end, Erebus had ran at the sound of a fight, leaving me to wander these empty halls of glass, the air felt pure though, unlike the crooked and broken shell from the outside, this whole world was so clear and untouched.

"Just who did this...?" I muttered absentmindedly to the nothingness, my clock sword on my metal back as I slowly wandered the halls for any sign of another door, so far, pillars of glass and marble greeted me, as I rubbed my hand over my mask, adjusting it to be more comfortable. "Or better yet, where's the army? Or are they after Erebus?"

"Most likely the ladder, since someone is watching me, but from everywhere?" I thought, as I looked around at the world around me, before my face finally smacked into something solid. "Ow...."

When I looked up at the force that had stopped my internal monologue, I saw that two sets of doors, near identical too the entrance of this place stood firm, until my headbutt forced them to open, to which I sighed and waited for the dramatic door swing to finish.

"Take my advice, oil the doors...." I muttered, before jumping through the doors once I could stick through, inside was....well...holy hell

The entire place was like a massive observatory, with massive, twisted windows at the far end of the octagon-like room, pillars of twisted crystal and glass somehow held the spire of the ceiling up, with purple-red lights, dimming the atmosphere, adding to the black floors of marble. And then I heard the female voice laugh at me.

"Really? Of all the people to choose, you picked Nox!?" Ok....so this person knew about Nox, most likely about Erebus' form too, but that means....oh shit! But at my realization, she giggled creepily. "Oh? So you finally used that head of yours?"

"You came from our world, on the same day too, am I right!?" I called out calmly, as I felt the hair on my spine creep from the rush of ice that ran through my body, it felt both familiar and an infinite amount of times colder, heck, I was seeing frost on my chest! "But what are you?"

"Me? I'm like you, we both hated our pitiful lives, we both wanted a world that saw us as beings of power, as Gods!" I was silent, only that seemed to make her laugh pitifully. "Don't tell me 'you' decided to befriend them!?"

. . .

"Oh my God! You did! What, were you expecting to gain something we both lost out on, friendship? Go jack yourself off! They can't give us what we want, in the end, they're just like the rest, only more stupid and harder to look at without being blinded!" Where was she going with this?

"Are you going to tell me what you want? Or should I come back in an hour?" I grumbled, but she didn't seem phased by that, in fact, she used it

"What? So you honestly think you and that clown are going to earn their trust from saving them!? Jesus, you boys are the worst, you can't even comprehend it! THEY. WILL. HATE. YOU!!!" and then I laughed, it was low, and I doubt she could hear it, but it was there. "W-What are-"

"You must be the biggest, most egotistical bitch to ever be displaced. 'Hate me'? I fucking told them I was the piss-take of humanity! I hate myself! I hate our whole species. And when I arrived here, I felt like a God!" I yelled, as I saw the shadow move to my left, good timing

"But you want to know what makes us different!?" I asked, as she kept her mouth shut. "I care more about life than anyone could possibly understand, even a bunch of talking equines, so go take your words, and shove them up your ass you stupid, God-like, wannabe!" And as if the bells rung true, I saw what could only make me utter one word at its appearance

"Ffffffuck." and with that, the entity punched me so hard, I felt my ribs crack a thousand times over, as my body flew towards the wall, before I was grabbed by a very elastic arm of some sort of (sailor). "Nice catch and timing."

"You know it!" He nodded, before we both dropped to the floor, looking directly at the chick, if we can call it that

The girl took the form of the most deadly creature in anime history, she was mostly a black humanoid entity, with white eyes and a triangular white mouth. And her movements were like she was being rotoscoped constantly. She was displaced as the (Anti-Spiral).

"The anti-spiral, oh we are fucked!" I chuckled, as Erebus changed into a more suitable form, he was one of the more adaptable aliens from Ben 10, (Feedback), with a colour scheme to match the 16 year old version. "Feedback, good choice."

"Now then! What purpose do you get out of this? Hurting innocent creatures? I don't see any real merit to this?" I questioned, and don't get me wrong, I wouldn't mind unaliving some, but this was really random, but judging by how the energy around the She-spiral turned red, I doubt it was good

"Merit! How about finally being able to show all of them I'm stronger! I'm the queen here! Not that useless Sun-arse they touch themselves too, and once ive built up the Cipher army I have, I'll fucking turn this world to red, I'll skin them all if I have to too! YOU CAN'T STOP ME!" She screamed, as me and Erebus looked at each other

"She's done it. She beats you in terms of insanity." I stated, I wasn't really phased by her plan. "Although, I'm guess you saw her flaws, correct?"

"My Flaws?" She echoed, as Erebus took front stage

"Let me take a wild guess, you've been here just as long? So tell me, why haven't you erased us? Or trapped us in an Infinite multiverse Labyrinth?" Erebus questioned, as this made her stumble for an answer

"I-Well-um...Who cares! When you got an army of idiots to do you work, who needs those powers!?" Wow, she really was dense, so I took over

"You're right about one thing, you and I are the same, but I've learned to control most of my abilities, Erebus only sticks with transformations for power and advantages in a fight, but you, you stumbled upon a power you have no idea about, you have a body you can't learn to control, and to top it all off, you're an incompetent excuse for a villain." I explained with a look of disappointment

"Shall we go?" Erebus gestured to the door, as I shrugged

"We can fix this, no problem." I nodded in agreement, leaving the pathetic girl to her own devices, but I decided to leave her with one final piece of advice, since I'm such a nice scrub. "You know! If you want to be more threatening, try picking a character you know the abilities to!"

"Y-You can't just-I won't...." She stumbled, as we were about to open the doors to leave this sad place, but something seemed to grab us both from our places, as we were turned around to look at her, a face of malice and nerd-rage written all over her. "DON'T YOU MOCK ME!"

And with that, she threw us both into the opposite ends of the room, nearly throwing us out the walls themselves, I was then lifted out, before being smashed into the floor with tremendous force, before I broke from the invisible grasp. I then narrowly avoided a multitude of purple blasts as I slid behind a broken pillar, using it to cover myself.

"WHAT? THINK I'M WEAK NOW!" She roared, as I nearly yelled out in fear from her sudden appearance, as she grabbed my face plate, and pinned me to the floor, then she lit her hand up and blasted me flying, and I must admit, it felt like I was hit with a slab of pure molten metal as I screamed from the pain

I then watched as Erebus ran towards her, his leads and fingers stabbing her in the back as his body glowed tremendously with white energy, but she roared and hit him with the equivalent of a million punches. Before he face-planted the floor, but she wasn't finished, as she grabbed Erebus by his leg, and quickly flung him around like a rag-doll.

His body left imprints of his face in the marble, as I felt the entire twisted fortress shake from the impact. I quickly reacted by pulling my sword out, and teleporting behind her, but I met with her grabbing my right arm, and pulling me towards her knee, once I felt my jaw snap in two, she pulled us both into each other, smashing us together.

Then in one blast of purple energy, we were sent flying into another wall, sending both of us to our knees in pain, especially from the way she smashed us together like putty.

"Ok, new plan...." I breathed, as I looked from Erebus, to her, then to the building around us. "Hit her till she falls, now!"

"Fuck!" Was all he said, as we ran for her, and I noticed her grinning expression, as she extended her hands outwards, as I felt my entire body freeze in that moment, even Erebus was frozen, and rubble held firm in the air around us. She can stop time, of course she could

"What? You forget I could do this? And you called me incompetent!" She mocked as I saw her grab my sword from my grasp, holding it high above my own neck, as the grin on her face grew. "If I have to kill a little worm like you, then i'll gladly do it! And once I'm done with you, I'll skin those annoying equines from the show! Even the new ones you brought!"

What . . .

"What....?" I asked low, making her swing pause, perfect. In that instance, I clicked my fingers, allowing me to move freely in this frozen world. "What....You forget I could do this?" but I left her no time to respond, as I gave her a right-hook, before wrenching my sword from her grasp

"Little fact, you're powerful, but without protection, you're just a naked human. Perfect for the killing." I hissed darkly, then I pointed my sword at her throat, which she was now trembling in fear, good. "You can try to stop us. Try to trap us. Control us. But we'll always find a way."

She then gasped in fear, as she shot a line of pure energy my way, but I had already teleported behind her, as I watched the blast erase a whole section of the fortress, then I breathed into her no-existent ear.

"You touch them, and I'll gut you like a pig. Ever. So. Slowly." I dared, then I clicked my fingers, letting time resume its progress and for me to smile under my helmet. "How was the meal!?"

"W-What?" She gasped, before seeing the black tendril snake back to its owner, as she swung her arm at the air behind her, seeing me beside Erebus again. "You. You were bluffing the whole time!"

"Yes and no. But I believe you have bigger concerns, bye-bye!" I waved, as I vanished to my final position, letting Erebus do all the work this time. And at first, I was blinded by the pillar of white light that engulfed him, but it soon allowed me to see the scene before me in pure awe

"Feedback. Can absorb energy and bounce it right back. So take a guess at how long you were talking?" Erebus asked with a grin, as his one eyes narrowed, but the girl wasn't going to let herself die easily, so I helped her out a bit

Before she could dissipate into nothing, I used my teleportation and shoved my arms right through her chest, disrupting anything she was going to pull, as Erebus lined up his cords to release every ounce of energy he built to that point in time. She struggled in my grasp, as I concentrated on holding her still, which was hard when she was a being of infinite power.

"You planned this from the start! Using my own power against me?" She screamed as I chuckled

"That's the plan!" I smirked, then she turned to look at me, her face trying to phase away, but I held for as long as I could

"Y-You'll die too! Let me go you asshole!" She cried, but I just narrowed my gaze at her

"Sorry, but you've done enough gloating! I'm standing right here!" I roared, before yelling with all my might. "EREBUS, GO FOR A WALK!!!"

At my words, he released a silent breath, before thrusting his plug hands forward. And to me, it was like a gate to heaven had opened to my eyes, as we were engulfed its its blinding light. But not today, so I smashed my feet down, hard. Then I thrusted her into the light, holding her front figure to the intense heat and pressure, as the wind screamed in my ears.

"AHHHHHHHHH~" and with that, I shot myself to the left, leaving her to be blasted the fuck into the next twenty dimensions as the white wall blasted straight through the layers of the fortress, causing a massive explosion of power to rupture the structural integrity of the whole castle extension

But in the those few moments of nothing but the sound of bricks and walls falling apart, as glass shattered through-out the building, me and Erebus both looked at each other in a very beaten state, even Erebus was in a more weaker form of (Yamcha), as we laughed are asses off.

"H-Holy shit! Y-Y-You really fucked all of this up~hahahaha!" I was dying at this point, my broken body aside, as Erebus laughed along with me, no even able to say a single word as he doubled over. "I-Just-You fucked 'EVERYTHING' up! I'm surprised you didn't take the cosmos with you!"

"B-But in all seriousness, we should get out." I calmed down after a good five minutes, as I saw the wall behind us fall apart, so I got to my feet and grabbed Erebus by the shoulder as I focused on a main street we came in from, then in an instant, we were gone, leaving the ruins of a fallen kingdom behind us


*Selene's POV*

I'm going to kill him....Seriously! Did they have to destroy the 'WHOLE' tower! As me, Gel, and the other girls ran down to where we saw the flash of blue, we watched as the pieces of the grand structure fell into black mist, any of those creatures left slowly fell to the same fate, and soon, the entire kingdom looked peaceful again, expect for what was ahead of us.

Sitting on the road in front of us, with a few Ponies who decided to take a look at what the two creatures were, was Erebus, judging by how he always changes forms like a changeling, and Lumos, but I was surprised to see him less injured. He was covered in some cuts and bruises, even Erebus was.

"Hey guys! You alright!" I called out as I flew up to them, before dropping to my hooves, and then Erebus just pointed to the now almost vanished tower

"Problem taken care of, you're welcome." He spoke, before proceeding to flop onto his back in exhaustion, then I looked to Lumos, who was being praised by Rainbow and Twilight

"You could have needed help!" Twilight sighed in irritation, but Lumos waved her off

"Not a chance, that 'thing', she had the power to wipe out a whole universe, but luckily, she's like me and Erebus, she's yet to understand her abilities fully, so far, she can stop time like me, dodge movements through probability, but nor create attacks in them, and can summon massive amounts of energy." Lumos listed off, as I, along with everyone else stared blankly at this comment

"How can someone control probability!? That's impossible!" I and Twilight yelled at him, that's not possible, it's not possible, I don't....ahhh, brain hurts!

"Yes well, welcome to the world of Anime, where impossible is bullshit!" Erebus stated as I looked to Lumos, and feeling dread wash over me, I remembered everything he said, before he left.....Why? Why does it hurt when I remember?

"Lumos?" I asked softly, as his mask looked in my direction as he stood up, looking towards the others, then to me again. "...Lumos I-"

"You should have heeded my warning, human." A voice rung out to me and Lumos, before I stared at his face, even with a mask, his dread was clear, and his pain was all too real to me, as I stared at him with horror that froze me to only screaming his name

"LUMOS!!!"

To Be Continued....


"Every soul has a price, every action has a cost, and every victory has a sacrifice." Lumos


Author's Note:

I don't know which was harder, trying to write Erebus, or trying to find a great bad guy (And the whole stupid evil person cliche will be explained in time) to be an actual threat to them both.

Other than that, get ready for the next fight between Viribus and Lumos, next time!

Next Chapter: A True Warrior