• Published 26th Aug 2017
  • 1,327 Views, 47 Comments

Displaced: Crossing Roads - Slendy



We all know the stories of people's misadventures in the magical land of Equestria, but in this adventure, see how two random nobodies, with powers beyond their own, fight, not only for the inhabitants of Equestria, but to find a way home.

  • ...
7
 47
 1,327

Chapter 9 Change Is Slow

Displaced: Crossing Roads
Chapter 9
Change Is Slow

"You know, you really didn't need to come with me." I started with slight irritation, as my blade swept another batch of festering vines from my vision, my lack of dignity for any plant life becoming more and more apparent

"Aww, don't be like that! Going on an adventure in the Everfree sounded awesome!" Lyra oh so happily cheered, as Vinyl nodded in agreement, holding a note to my vision

"That, and Tavi wasn't really pleased with my late-night partying again..." She wrote with a sheepish grin, to which I rolled my eyes at their excuses

To be truthful, having them along for the ride did make for a more interesting trip, but I do prefer working alone, as it gives me time to think in silence, no pony or human to bother me and my questionable thoughts on humanity as a whole. But, here we were.

"I don't mind you two being here, I just like being on my own sometimes," I answered calmly, as I kept my gaze to the trail ahead, then I stopped with my hand held out to my side. "Lyra, duck."

In that instance, she dropped to the forest floor, as my blade swung over her previous area, only to make contact with a walking, enchanted mutt, to which it bark was cut clean in half, the sticks slowly scattering around us. With that I flicked my blade from exsistance, and pressed on.

Now, to understand my carelessness with my weapon, it is due to my paranoia, after my near-death-experience with that Cipher, I decided to focus on honing what abilities I had, training my body, and happily my mind also. I don't know why, but I had a daunting feeling i'd be seeing them again real soon, and with the information that Celestia is clearly hiding, I had my mind running a super sonic speed.

"Hey Lumos? I think we're here." Lyra pointed ahead of me, to which I smirked in anticipation, mostly because I love seeing what time does to places like this, that, and it was my first real search for my friend

"Wait, isn't this place haunted or something?" Vinyl wrote, to which I laughed

"If it was, Erebus would have brought the dead back, just so he could beat them to death himself," I answered, to which Lyra chuckled nervously, so I patted her on the head to calm her nerves. "We'll be fine! After all, we got the dream team with us!"

"Lumos, their fearless leader, with the powers of time itself!" I introduced with alot of hand gestures. "The silent Dubstep master, Vinyl!" I then pointed to her, as she smirked at the title, then last...and certainly not least. "And . . . Lyra."

"Hey!" She pouted when she realized what I said. "Why don't I get a cool title!?"

"We've yet to figure one out, you're sort of a cross between Bon-Bon, and Pinkie, so its hard to say?" I questioned, as Vinyl held another note up

"You make me look normal, and that's difficult." She wrote as we both laughed at Lyra's frown, then my attention focused back on the castle ahead of us

"So . . . how do we get across?" Lyra asked, looking to the massive ravine in front of us, as I peered over to see the 'very' steep fall, then a lightbulb clicked in my head, to which I gleefully rubbed my hands together. "Umm, are you...ok?"

"Oh i'm fine, my minty friend, I just got an idea!" I spoke with a strong voice, to which I pointed ahead like Phoenix Wright. "I will teleport myself across, to which I will hoist the bridge up!" It's a solid plan, no flaws or anything . . . "Expect I have yet to master teleportation."

"I . . .think i'll stay over here..." Vinyl wrote as me and Lyra gave her a look that screamed Nope', to which she backed up, with a note in toe. "You know, keep this place under guard and all that jazz."

"Nope, no other options!" I declared, that, and I really want to try and teleport, just think of all the non-walking I could do! The possibilities of teleportation are endless, and thanks to Erebus, they have some . . . interesting results in combat if necessary

"How about, any other options? Like if we levitate the bridge up?" Lyra suggested, then she quickly added. "I still want to see you teleport though." Yes! Suck it Vinyl, we win!

"See? No use trying to put the breaks on this, its going down!" I finished with a stomp for effect, and I crossed by arms too. Then I saw Vinyl's eyes as they peered over her shades, a look of suspicion written all over her face, then she levitated another note

"You planned this."

"What?" She honestly didn't trust me, huh. And what, might I inquire would give that away my musical companion?

"You planned this, Selene said you do these sort of things." Vinyl added to the note, sticking her tongue out at me. Dammit Selene, every time I want to try something fun, she goes and ruins it, nope not this time

"You honestly don't trust me?" To which she replied with a nod, so I snorted, and turned to the gorge, putting my hand in front of my face, as I carefully scanned the environment in front of me. "I'll show you..."

And so I ran forwards, focusing on the castle in my field of vision, taking in all the more important details to the best of my ability, to which I then nodded, and in a blink-of-an-eye, I vanished . . . towards my certain death.

"FUUUUUUU-OW-BEEP-BEEP-BEEP-BEEP-MOTHER BEEP!!!" I eventually went through every word as my face, arse, and most of my body took a very painful fall to the gorge below, eventually smashing into the floor below


"Is it a bad time to say I could teleport?" Lyra . . . you best shut up right now...

I managed to pull my half-broken-ass out of the gorge, mind you, I was in pain whist this wakfu-charged body healed itself, but even with the time meds working, I still felt angry, hurt, with a touch of pride loss. Not my best day, but certainly not the worst.

"You know . . . if I wasn't a kind person, i'd kick your ass off this cliff and see how you like-ow-it!" I groaned as my hand finally touched the grassy floor, only to follow with a hoof grabbing it as my chin came to rest on the dirt, followed by my final arm as I janked myself up, both Lyra and Vinyl pulling me up. "Thanks...hold up? Why didn't you two levitate me up?"

Both then looked at each other, before smiling sheepishly at me, I swear . . . these goddamn ponies will be the death of me... But alas, we have made it to our destination, the Monarch's Rest, because saying the long title is downright pointless and stupid.

"So . . . this is the home of the elements?" I asked out loud, and the feeling I was getting from this place felt . . . mystical, a land, long forgotten by time, where a great battle for the day took place, and where the new bonds of the elements had formed, quickly I might add, but it was still kind of cool to be standing here

"Lumos, why would your friend be here?" Lyra asked me, to which I looked around carefully, taking in all the cracks and crevices for any sign of traps or entrances. "Umm, Lumos?"

"Sorry, but knowing Erebus, he most likely decided to set a whole fuck-ton of traps to keep 'Distractions' out, so watch your step." I warned, as I approached the large, rotting doors, the two ponies close in toe as my warning stuck home with them. "Ok, when I open this door, run like hell for an open space, he's most likely made a trap for any idiots who open the doors to this place."

They nodded, to which I slowly pushed the door open, the creaking of the massive door echoing through the abandoned halls as if they've never been opened for centuries, but I was more focused with wanting to stay alive, so in a swift motion, I kicked the door open . . . and off its hinges at the amount of force I had put behind the door, but I quickly rolled away from the open gateway, as the two ponies hung back behind the remaining door.

"Are we ok!?" Lyra, if we weren't, I'd be diced into millions of pieces and flung into the next dimension. But she was right, no sound or sight of Erebus, no blood, no throne to call his own, no underlings being manipulated. Nothing....

"Dammit . . . Dammit!" I couldn't help it, so I brought my sword out and destroyed a pillar beside me, finely cutting it in two as the stone crumbled into pieces, then I plunged the blade into the mossy floor beneath us, my anger caused a slight shaking of the earth around me

What stopped me from tearing this place apart, was a a small note hanging in my face.

"Calm down, just chill for a moment before you turn this old place into a real mess." At that I sighed, looking to Vinyl who wore a neutral face, Lyra looked more concerned as she spoke up

"Sorry...I guess we kind of made this more annoying for you, sorry." Why are you apologizing? I'm the one who convinced the bastard to join me on this misadventure, not you

"No . . . I just feel like bringing him here was a big mistake...one that is now beginning to sink in because i'm-" I stopped at the feeling beneath my feet, so I froze, keeping my gaze to the floor as I saw loose dust trickle into the cracks . . . "Oh BEEP, Lyra, Vinyl, don't move."

"Are-Are we-" Lyra began, but the sound of cracking made her own voice crack, Vinyl was looking towards me, most likely waiting for me to do something

"No. When I say 'jump', both of you leap to me, i'll get us out of this." I said sternly as Lyra almost freaked out

"B-But you can't teleport! We can't escape without keeping a level head! I-" Once again, the feeling of our bodies sinking slightly caused her to freeze, to which I slowly angled my body towards them, but the cracks knew, and followed by movement

"One..."

"Two..."

"Three..." Here comes the big finish, as I watched the two of them ready themselves

"JUMP!"

"...Stop..." In that moment, the world froze around me, the two equines hanging in the air, as the massive pit beneath them had opened up, the slabs frozen in the air, but I was free to move, but not for long. "Shit, I have to end it quick!"

I quickly ran to them, the strain on my body increasing with every second as my head screamed for me to stop, but I wasn't going to stop until I grabbed them. And in a quick motion I pulled the two ponies to my chest, as my left hand clicked, allowing time to resume as we fell through the massive fissures in the ground.

Both were panicking, but I was rather dizzy, the strain from the fall and the time skip caused detrimental damage to me, much to my discomfort, but I wasn't just going to let two innocent ponies die. So for one final breath, I called to the two of them.

"Hang on!"

And with that said, we fell into the shadows below us, my mind fading somewhere else for the time being.


". . . Lumos . . . " Huh? was that Lyra?

"up . . . please . . . !" Ow...ok, ok i'm waking up...dammit my side

When my eyes did open, I was greeted by the sight of Lyra, but no Vinyl, strange? But I groaned as I rose off my back, hearing it crack in relief, then I turned to Lyr-wait . . . that's not Lyra, and don't ask me how I could tell, but I know that ain't her. Well for one, her cutie mark is missing.

"Oh thank goodness you're ok!?" Fake Lyra sighed as she looked at me, but my mask's eyes narrowed, then I grabbed her with my good arm. "L-Lumos wa-"

"Nice to finally meet a changeling, although I prefer if you would drop the act, I hate fakers..." I grumbled, dropping the changeling to the dark floor around us. Then at the sign of a hiss, I turned to see the green flames engulf the pony, and soon, I got to see what a changeling really looked like

Black body, holes in ch-the exo-skeleton, big-green eyes . . . that looked normal? And . . . a mane? Now that was new, it was more like a membrane, but it was a light-blue tone, with a curly look to it, along with her tail. Yeah, definitely a mare. But her eyes narrowed at me, pointing a hoof at my face.

"How did you see through my disguise!?" She snapped, so I decided to play the nice-sarcastic root

"Well you sure know how to start a conversation." I huffed, as my eyes scanned the massive, dark hall we were in, it was dimly lit by green flames, vines, roots and webs littered the place. Most likely older than the castle itself

"Or for that fact, 'what' are you!? You're bipedal, but not a dragon, so what?" She really does like being the interrogator, doesn't she?

"Well, I'm human, second, I have many abilities, one apparently seeing through an obvious disguise...that and you forgot the cutie mark." I pointed out, as she blinked, then groaned at herself, smacking herself in the face

"Every time! I always forget that! Stupid changeling magic..." She grunted, then to my surprise, pointed to a small out-cove. "Your friends are over there, now get lost!"

"Umm . . . thanks? I guess?" I slowly responded, but my mind told me to speak with her, I honestly don't get this changeling, she seems . . . off, if that wasn't obvious. "Why are you letting me go?"

"Does it matter?" She snapped, glaring at me from a few feet away. "You invaded my home, so get lost, I don't care for any creature, 'human', pony, or changeling."

"Why?" I repeated, as she seemed to twitch at that remark

"What do you mean 'why'!? I want you to leave, so GO!" She hissed, pointing to the massive hole above us. "There's a staircase against the right wall, take it, and get lost before I grab the nearest brick and smash it over that tin head of yours!"

"You really hate life, huh?" I asked, ignoring her death threats, but this time she stopped, turning to face me with a scowl, but her eyes were lowered to the floor

"Yeah...when you're kicked from your own home from being 'different', one tends to hate themselves and those around them, so yeah, I do." She summed up to the point I was generally feeling sorry for her, despite the fact she's wanting to turn my head into paste for paint

"You're not the only one," I muttered, but I could see her slightly surprised eyes from here, but I decided to go to my slowly awakening friends as I spoke to her. "Some people enjoy being alone, but a lifetime of solitude is something no one should endure, despite their differences."

And so I left her alone, something I could relate to as my normal shut-in self would agree, funny how that's changed over nearly a month in this world, dammit, i'm actually working above my negative days. That is sad.

"Wait!" At the sound of an echo, my head turned to the changeling, her face looking conflicted as she glared at me, but I held my ground. "Who are you?"

"I'm an idiot who sees everyone as an equal, but you already know my name." I answered with a wink, before turning to my companions, gods I have to carry them up so many stairs! This world really does hate me...

*RUMBLE-CRACK-CRACK*

"Oh find me in the alps!" I cursed as my body did a slow 180, to which I saw the changeling back up in utter fear of the shadow that nearly snuffed out the lights in the dark, hallow tunnel, oh crapbaskets

What I saw gave me a mix of fan girl and mortal terror. It was a hydra, a fucking hydra with 5 heads! That's more than 4! But I digress, so I watched from my frozen position as it approached the changeling, who was now writing something in a book . . . a book, really!?

But as I watched in shock as one of the now angry heads smash down on the stone floor, I saw that it hit nothing but stone, the crack from its jaw making a resound snap through the air, along with its scream. That's when I heard the hoof steps behind me, to which I turned to see the changeling, panting for her life.

"How in the hell did you...?" I breathed, as my eyes scanned over the open book, the strange symbols glowing for a split second, before fading away. Ok, not gunna lie, that is one heck of a spell. "Ruins..."

"Now you know, but I hate to inform you, but that thing is glaring at us!" She piped up, as I turned towards the hydra, this time all the heads glaring down at us, but now I could see it in more detail

It's murky green scales, paired with the black spines running along its necks and heads as its crimson eyes glared down at me, top that off with its crooked, blood-stained teeth, and breath that could wound an army, it was a creature from hell itself. That and I can't see where it ends, so god only knows how long it is.

"We must have woke it from our fall...this world really does hate me..." I grumbled, than I glanced back at the three, seeing Vinyl and Lyra coming around, so I looked to the changeling. "You, can you get them out of here?"

"What! Why would I help them, and what makes you think I would help you!?" She barked, but I wasn't in the mood to argue, so I summoned my blade from the air, stunning her as I yelled

"I'm not asking you as a human, i'm begging you as a living being! So help them!?" I countered, as I readied to fight the hulking mythological beast, with a slight tinge of glee that i'll be fighting my favorite mythological monster

"I . . . don't get yourself killed, I rather have a massive opening of escape, thank you." Aww, she does care, but than I saw her stink-eye. "Bite me." and with that, she levitated the two ponies, and ran for the stairs, leaving me with my reaper

"Ok boy...ante up!" Always wanted to say that!


At once, 2 heads shot towards me, but I quickly leapt to the side, using my blade's face to redirect one of the heads, the force of it neck was almost enough to break a bone. The other did a circle though, running over the top of the other, its jaws wide as I quickly raised my blade to stop its maw, to which I was locked in a struggle match with its massive head, its roars ringing through my eardrums.

I quickly used momentum and threw the head back, before slashing horizontally at its exposed skin, but my side was smashed to the left by another head, the resulting hit throwing me to the floor, only for one to ram me in the chest, near snapping my ribs into fragments. Another wrapped its neck around me, but I swung my blade around, managing to pierce its neck as it screeched, releasing me from its constricting hold.

As my feet met the stone again, I quickly ducked under one of the necks as it tried to clothes-line me, but I had to quickly raise my palm, as I blasted another in front of me, the resulting force sending me flying on my ass, but I decided to use this as I turned whist sliding, blasting another in the neck, as my body shot to the right, then to the left. I managed to land more hits with each blast of wakfu, but then my back met a scaled wall.

My head looked up, as my mind froze in utter terror, turns out there were 6 heads, this one was only just deciding to show its ugly mug in all its glory. It was far larger, with two eyes on each side of its head, its spines were longer, and it looked like there was a set of extra teeth slapped on top of another. In a word, fuck.

I tried to run, but all I could do was scream in utter agony, nothing in my life could compare to this right now, as it slammed its jaws down on my armoured leg, being the only thing keeping my leg attached, as I was thrown into a wall, then I raised me into the air, and threw me towards the massive hole, now I was within the light of day again.

That's when my back sparked with unimaginable pain from my body slamming into another head, my body falling to the floor once more, as my dizzy gaze watched the heads circle me from a distance. But I did manage to get to my knees, as my head turned to my near mangled leg, blood, along with traces of green leaking from the puncture wounds. Shit, venom.

"Lumos!!! Please, you can't win this!!!" I heard Lyra scream to me, most likely nearly out of the pit, that's when I saw a clear exit to the stairs, my only lifeline . . . but I couldn't move, not in this state. "Please, run!!!"

Run . . . just like always . . .

Oh Gods, my head feels like its going to implode, and each pulse of throbbing pain is tearing my senses to the far reaches of this world! I wouldn't be surprised if I looked like I was in agony to them, the poison and injuries definitely make it seem bad...v-very bad...hehehe....

I then tore my gaze from my side and towards the massive beast, its eyes finally locking with my own, as my blue orbs stared up at this monster's crimson, dagger-like eyes. They remind me of Selene . . . but why? Its not like it matters if I go . . . all friendships end, mine just seemed to be cut short for being a fucking good guy . . . dammit that hurts! The good side and the wounds!

"Not yet..."

Wait . . . hold the metaphorical phone, who's that? Great . . . now i'm hearing voices, looks like death finally gets to claim me...

"...I won't let it end here..."

"S-Sorry mate . . . you're a b-bit late to the party, hehehe . . . now I can understand the coldness you feel near death..."

Then, for once in my life, I felt something, it was like a pressure in my very being threatened to burst in a mere moment. Suddenly, I moved to my feet, as I felt the pain in my body numb . . . almost like I was untouched by this creature's blows, but why? Why me? Choose someone else . . . not a nobody.

And yet i'm standing! And I feel amazing, it was if my body could move faster than light! Faster than . . . time . . . like it was always just natural to me . . . natural . . .

"Hehehe...hahaha!" I couldn't help but laugh, it felt amazing to do so, despite the others looking at me if utter bafflement, but I figured it out! The reason I failed before, Gods it was so simple it would put every other person to shame at how deathly simple it was! All this time, ive been overthinking this entire thing!

"I'll just be me." I grinned under my broken mask, as I could feel all the hidden wakfu in my body suddenly flow, my armour beginning to glow, as I saw the room turn a hue of the sky, and so . . . I readied for round 2, my mind, body and soul at the ready.

"Lumos, what are you doing!? Do you want to die!?" Miss changeling, there's something I need to tell you about myself, an you better listen

"I'll never die here . . . i'll take them all on!!!" I screamed, as my mind went into full auto, as I ran towards the alpha head, as the other 5 rushed me, but I grinned as in a flash, I vanished, appearing a split second above them, which surprised me more than anything

At that moment, I used my now clear opening to drop towards one of the heads, to which looked up in time to see me throw my blade towards its eye, to which it made a very nice hole it its now screaming head, I grabbed the grip of my blade, as I swung my body around, latching onto its head as it flailed,, but I did a swift turn, snapping its spine in two as it fell limp.

The others all charged at me, teeth lashing out at me as my body warped from one location to the next, avoiding all the strikes as I swung my blade into the wall behind me, as one ram towards me, as jumped off my blade, its head slamming into the mossy wall as I teleported beneath it, grabbing my blade and swinging in an arc, splitting the hydra's head in two.

However, I gasped at the one that had latched onto my left arm, its teeth sinking into my muscles as I yelped, but I glared back at it as I opened my palm in its maw, firing blast after blast of pure wakfu down it throat, as i saw the blue and red fly from the back of its neck.

I winced as I saw three punctures in my arm, but I couldn't focus on that now, as I decided to finish this fast, as I saw the remaining heads circle the alpha's, keeping their gazes on me, which was perfect as a little voice in my head chuckled darkly at the though in my head. Lets end this.

In a flash, I warped far above the pit, above the castle, my body afloat in the air as my eyes stared at the vibrant worlds around me, if it weren't for the pain and venom, this might have been the most beautiful scene ive ever witnessed, but right now, I have a pest that needs to be erased. And so, I dropped.

I held my blade out, the tip pointing like an arrow towards the pit as my speed only grew, and with my wakfu and adrenaline on burst, I was fall far faster, that's when I saw it, the hydra as it's eyes seemed to widened at my decent, but I wasn't going to slow down, so I released all my anger at once, knowing I may not survive this, I might as well end it with a bang!

"FUCK THIS WORLD! AND FUCK . . . YOOOOOOU!!!" With that, I burst into the pit like a spear from the sky, and with the sound of my body breaking the sound barrier, I hit the alpha right between the eyes, along with the 2 remaining heads directly, the resulting impact was enough to make my vision shake like an earthquake, as the boom could possibly be heard from afar

And as my body smashing into the stone, causing the slabs themselves to fly from their resting place, I slowly fell onto my back, as my blade slowly faded away into nothing, but my vision was locked on the blue sky above me, all sounds were like a hum, only the sight of that blue sky, and golden inferno of a sun kept me smiling under my near shattered mask, and for once, I welcomed the void.


. . . Owwww . . . why must life hurt me so?

"I think he's awake now..." Huh? Sounded like that changeling, must still be in the castle . . . alive. Well that was lucky

"He is!" I heard 2 voices gasp, ok? there was only the four of us, why now-oh, I sitting on something comfy, i'm home . . . shit, Selene is gunna kill me~

"I'm going to kill him..." Then I guess i'll just go back to sleep

"I guess i'll just sleep then, goodnight." I spoke up, my voice dry and horse, hah! pun...

But my body decided to remind me I was alive, as I sprung into a sitting position, clutching my arm in discomfort from the venom, as I noticed the light amount of bandages on my left leg...looks like i'm a pony again. Then my eyes focused on the scene before me, there was Vinyl and Lyra, who both looked relieved that I was alive.

The changeling, who wore a disguise, with no cutie mark, must be a problem for her, she was like a female version of me, but instead her hair was a sandy ponytail, and her eyes were emerald green. Then there was my angel of death, Selene. She didn't look as bad as the last time, but I could see the look in her eyes, a combo of pissed off and . . . heartbroken? That's new.

"So . . . how long was I out for, miss changeling?" That made Selene do a double take, ha! Still got it, but the look from said changeling was annoyed and . . . relief? Ok, something definitely happened when I was out cold!

"King of subtlety right here." she pointed out dryly, but then rolled her eyes. "Only a few hours, your body seemed to heal on its own, but the venom was nearly the cause of death, luckily, I had a ruin that could used as an antidote, your welcome."

"Wait. You . . . healed me?" That was actually surprising, I didn't think my words of aggravation could do that? But the looks of calmness was enough for me really

"Yeah, you saved me . . . despite me being one of the Queen's pawns, much as I hate to admit it, you helped be either way, so . . . thanks for that..." She answered with an honest smile on her face, small as it was, it was still genuine, then she frowned. "Now, if you don't mind, I have a home that needs to be relocated, can't exactly move a hydra from the ground on my own."

"Wait!" I blurted out, much to my own head's surprise, but she listened as the other 3 watched me, as I moved to my feet, which stung a bit. "You don't need to go, you know?"

"What?" She was baffled by that, can't say I blame her, but I continued

"I said I see everyone as equals, but I also don't like seeing people in total isolation . . . what i'm trying to say is, you can stay here, you can leave if you wish, but I won't let someone, changeling or not, suffer." That was my offer, one I think Selene won't mind, hopefully

"I-Why are you . . ." She didn't speak, instead she looked at me, directly into my eyes as she most likely was going through my emotions like a hawk, then her eyes widened slightly. "You would honestly accept me?"

"If a human can make friends with a bat-pony, and ponies, along with a princess, i'm pretty sure I can include changelings." I answered with a smirk, but she remained silent for a moment, then she turned for the door

"I . . . need to think about this . . ." I can understand that, then she gave me a sympathetic smile, combined with a glare. "I don't say this often, so listen up!"

"I...can't thank you enough for today, so...i'm sorry for...snapping at you back there, reflex of mine . . . also . . . mine name is . . . Gel, just so you know." And with that, she left the house, leaving me to calm Lyra down enough to leave with Vinyl, who smacked me upside the head for being an idiot, more than herself that is

Now it was just me and Selene . . . for once, I just stood there, staring back at her, I really had no excuse for this one, so I guess i'll just take it up front.

"You nearly died . . .again..." She whispered, and I nodded neutrally, but I felt slightly bad for her

"Yeah..."

"And yet . . . you shrug it off like it was nothing . . . why?" I heard her voice crack there slightly, as my mouth opened, but I closed it as I couldn't really think of a reason. "Do you really not care about your own life? Of those who know you? Your family?"

"Of course I do, that's why I did it." I answered, as she looked at me with a strange look, so I continued. "I've never socialized because of this bad luck I seem to bring, no matter what I do, I always bring misfortune to others, and my general personality gets shunned by everyone, so when I fought of that hydra, not a single regret ran through me, cause in the end, i'm nothing to the world-"

"But you are to me! To all of us, Lyra, Vinyl, Octavia, Bon-Bon, Whooves, Ditzy, Twilight...all of them, they care about you, and you killing yourself won't make things ok . . . death never does!" Selene snapped at me, tears weld up in her eyes as I stood as still as a statue

I . . . really matter to them? But why? I'm a bad luck charm, a guy who could rip apart reality if I'm not careful, a sarcastic, dick-head with no redeeming qualities, i'm a hollow shadow, to put it bluntly. But now? I . . . I really messed up, and I'm...

"I'm sorry..." I said it, and it hurt, alot. "I can't apologize for what I did, my entire life I one big fuck up, and having pe-ponies that care about me is something ive never had before . . ." And at that, I stared right at her, for once I kept my eyes locked on her. "I human, i'm a failure of a species, and I can never atone for that."

"...But you're not a failure..." Now I was really confused, Selene had somehow moved when I was talking, and now she was holding me close to her, funny . . . never really felt this calm before from being embraced. "You're kind, funny, you risk your own life for others, no matter who or what they are...and you show ponies what it means to be alive..."

Then I pulled away from her, looking at her with a face that I doubt I've ever used. Genuine happiness.

"I'm sorry I worried you . . . and . . . I promise I won't die, I won't leave you or any one of our friends, 'that' is a promise I won't break." I answered, and it felt right, despite how impossible it sounded, but I guess I'll try, but she seemed to like my response, judging by how she rested her head on my chest again, she does alot

"Ok...I'll trust you."

"And i'll trust you all the same." And I won't fail again.

To Be Continued...

Author's Note:

Holy bugger! This was a long one, but I hope it makes up for the delay, cause my hands are bleeding! But now we have a new member to the group, Yay! And before anyone gets angry about my choice of how Lumos can use most of his abilities now, well, that will be explained in later chapters, so stay tuned!

Also, sorry if my spelling dies here and there, this was a long one, and I can't really spot my mistakes that well:twilightblush:

And I'll see you all in the next chapter!

Next Chapter: Yin and Yang