• Published 15th Aug 2017
  • 985 Views, 4 Comments

The Mare With a Dragon Tattoo - RDDash



On the day of her entrance exam Twilight Sparkle is about to get the unexpected. Dragon's Tattoo a very rare magical ability with the loyal familiar as a compliment.

  • ...
4
 4
 985

Chapter 6


Ponyville Library, 5:57 am.


The light of the Moon shined from the library window. Seven ponies currently sleeping on the floor. They are about to wake up.

"My head!" Twilight Sparkle flinched from the pain."What happened last night? What did we do?"

"I have no idea," answered back Moondancer.

"You are not the only one with a headache," responded Rainbow Dash.

"There is an aspirin in the kitchen. Wait!" Twilight heard Rainbow dashed in the direction of the kitchen. "... Traitor," she mumbled.

"Where is Spike?" asked Moondancer.

"Sleeping in the bed upstairs, " Twilight replied.

"Uh, that's good."

"Spike from the species dragon, specifically Wyvern species, or was he Lindworm? Or is he an water dragon.I am not really sure right now," said Fluttershy.

"It's alright dear, I am sure you will figure out," assured her Rarity. "Does anypony knows when the opening ceremony is?"

"It's 6:30, I believe the idea to start at sunrise," replied Moondancer

"6:30? But right now is 6:25 am, shit we are going to be late. Come on, if we hurry we could still wink into City Hall."

"Um, Twilight? We can't do that." Pinkie Pie pitched in

"What? Why not?

"Don't you remember there had been a city wide block that's been put on. "

"Oh, damn it. I give up. I'll go make a coffee. Do you want me to help me Pinkie?"

"Sure thing Boss."

"Uh, Pinkie I've been wondering..." Twilight asked Pinkie. Pinkie has been waiting excitingly, "Can I ask you some questions."

"Sure thing, what's do you want to know?"

"Are you just calling me Boss because I just gave you a job at the library?"

"Basically yes, before I kind of freeloading at the kind family that I lived. So I was kind of self-employed in."

"Okay, and before that?"

"I came from a rock farm silly, or should I start the story with when the colt meets the filly."

"Stop! I don't want to know!"

"Okay."

"Pinkie how would you like a permanent position for this job."

"Oh thank you! Thank you! Thank you, Twilight. You wouldn't regret it," beamed Pinkie. Twilight Sparkle was just smiled, she feels happy after all.

...

"I am not sure, but don't you all think that something is wrong." asked Rarity.

"Like what?" replied Rainbow Dash.

"Streets are completely empty, and there is a lot of mess on the streets."

"Maybe it's just ponying like to party," said Rainbow

"Did we slept through the alien invasion? A zombie apocalypse," Pinkie said cheerfully

"Uh Pinkie, this isn't kind of story," Twilight said. "How would you sleep through this kind of thing anyway."

"I don't know, is there some kind of shady greedy corporation?"

Rainbow Dash put her hoof up. "Well actually," she quickly put the hoof down "Never mind, it's nothing."

"What's was that dear," asked Rarity.

"I said, it's nothing, just forget it!"

"Girls please calm down, I am sure it's nothing," pitched in Fluttershy.

...

Group of seven mares went into the City Hall. In it they found a banner hanging on the wall. The Night is Going to Last Forever!

"Look it's Mayor Mare, let's ask her what's happened." Pinkie said.

"What's going on?" Mayor Mare said.

"That's what we want to know," responded Twilight. "What's happened here?"

"Well, everything went as it should be, Princess Celestia arrived on schedule, and when we are about to announce her presence for an annual speech. And then she showed up."

"Who did?" asked Twilight Sparkle.

"Some strange Alicorn. I think she said something about, entertainment, her exact words were: Did somepony ordered Rock N Roll?"

Rainbow Dash face-hoofed.

"Do you know her, dear?" asked Rarity

"She is just college roommate, and what happened to darling?"

"Pish posh, darling, dear, it's all the same thing."

"Yeah whatever," Rainbow Dash grumbled.

"Right, well please continue Madam Mayor," said Twilight.

"So then Princess Celestia became visibly upset."

"Who won't be, she is such a party crasher," interrupted Pinkie.

"Pinkie please, not now!" Twilight sighted

"Oh right, sorry Boss!"

"Anyway, please continue."

Mayor Mare nodded "So then strange Alicorn said: "Is this how you treat your sister, Celestia!"

"Sister!" Everypony, but Rainbow shouted

"And then, what did she do then?" Rainbow Dash demanded.

"Well nothing really, Princess Celestia said she wasn't feeling well and she said she should go back to Canterlot. Hearing that Alicorn then said: Does it mean we can do the concert now?". At this point, everypony panicked and run away."

"Huh, so that's why the whole city was a mess," concluded Rarity.

"After that Alicorn just became furious, and then she left to the Everfree Forest." Rarity, Applejack, Pinkie, Rainbow, and Fluttershy looked at each other.
.
"What's wrong, what so bad about some Forrest?" Twilight Sparkle asked.

"You are an outsider, Twilight so you don't know," said Rarity.

"The Everfree Forest is a concentration of dark magic, Twilight," Fluttershy took over from Rarity. "There a lot of stuff inside it besides the dangerous animals."

"I think I can die now," said Mayor Mare and fainted.

"That's silly, you are silly," Pinkie giggled. " You aren't going to die."

Mayor Mare opened her eyes "Oh okay, that's good to know. Do you have a glass of water?"

"Of course, here you go, " Pinkie said, trying to help.

"So what are we going to do?" asked Twilight.

" For now I recommend that we go home to the library.

"That sounds good," Twilight agreed. "Celebration has been already been ruined anyway."


Ponyville Library, 12:15 am.


"So what are we going to do anything about?" asked AppleJack.

"Nothing! We are going to do nothing," replied Twilight

"Say, what now?"

"You heard me! Whoever she was is completely harmless. Besides all of you scared to go into the forest. So, if she wants it we might as well let her have it. And if we absolutely had to, we could just sit the team of bureaucrats on her."

"Well yes, but?"


"But what? You heard Rainbow Dash she is just a college roommate," Twilight argued

"And you believed her?" Applejack raised an eye brow.

"What this supposed to mean? Listen, we are not soldiers, what are we supposed to do? Twilight counter argued"

Pinkie comes into the room. "We could go into Everfree Forest and then each of us will get a magical amulet. Then we are going to blast the Black Snooty with rainbows. and then she will be like "I am so sorry Celestia" and we would be like Gasp! Black Snooty is the Princess Celestia sister. But we already know that! I am pretty sure Twilight supposed to ditch Moondancer in Canterlot. No offense Moondancer! We all know you are a good pony."

"None was taken!" Moondancer replied.

"Yeah, why would I do that to Moondancer? Don't answer that Pinkie, I don't want to know."

Pinkie giggled, "Sure thing Boss!"

"Uh, Twilight?"

"Yes, Spike!"

"There is mail for you from Princess Celestia. It has been delivered by express mail if you are wondering."

"Alright, let's see whats she wants," Twilight opened the letter.

"Dear Twilight, my most dedicated student. By the time you receive this message, you will receive all the ambassadorial privileges that come with it. So then would you please just go to my sister, and just I don't know make sure she would come back to Canterlot, or something. Damn it, I guess we had to go."

"Good, I'll go tell the girls," said Applejack.

"Tell us what?" said Rainbow Dash when she came into the room

"This!" Twilight gave Rainbow a letter.

"Seriously!" Rainbow said when she finished the letter

"I know!" Twilight said in understanding.

Author's Note:

If you'd like please go check out the YouTube channel by this awesome dude Terrible Writing Advice. He makes fun of bad story tropes, everything from the Chosen Ones to the Alien Ecosystems.

I've tried to use the interview style memory recall to tell the story in this chapter. Maybe doing the flashback could of been easier.

Thank you everyone for reading this chapter.