• Published 15th Aug 2017
  • 985 Views, 4 Comments

The Mare With a Dragon Tattoo - RDDash



On the day of her entrance exam Twilight Sparkle is about to get the unexpected. Dragon's Tattoo a very rare magical ability with the loyal familiar as a compliment.

  • ...
4
 4
 985

Chapter 4


Nearby Carousel Boutique. 11:59 am.


"Looks like we finally made it, this place is all the way on the other side of town."

"It would seem to be that way," responded Moondancer.

"Sometimes I get jealous, pegasi always do have the whole town from the bird's point of view, and even they could get lost in this town."

Moondancer hugged Twilight as if to calm her down a bit. "There, there, everything is going to be okay."

"Canterlot is so pretty you know, the city placed on the edge of the mountain, it's like in a fairy tale, and at night it's so beautiful. Have you seen it from the sky? The whole city is like big college campus. Do you know that I even met pegasi who choose to live in Canterlot. They said that they found a certain twinkle in Canterlot that they couldn't find in Cloudsdale. Look at me, I'm getting all sentimental now. I...."

Twilight suddenly fell into silence and just stood there in the middle of the street. Moondancer just kept hugging her, didn't know what else to do. At one point Twilight had been full of energy and then suddenly she fell into melancholic. These episodes did happen before, and each time Twilight could be like this for several hours.

That, and Moondancer wasn't really sure why they need to be here. At this point, they would just come back to City Hall where decorations for the main event has been done. However, when Rainbow Dash overheard who are they visiting next she insisted that they should be going there instead.

"Well, I guess," Moondancer looked around, the area was quite nice, it did remind her a bit about traveling circus. "Spike, I'll be right back, I just need to check on something." On an odd chance that her instincts were wrong about this they would just backtrack to the City Hall, I think she remembered it too be somewhere in the center.

She went to the door where she could see the sign Business closed for holidays.
Once again trusting her instincts she knocked the hoof on the door and walked in. The sound of bell did ring to announce her presence. Could she still play off a confused customer, or she could just take it straight? So then she waited.

Unicorn mare came downstairs "Oh hello darling, actually I was about to leave to the City Hall."

"Yes, about that, you see me and my friend Twilight is about on the way to the City Hall to meet you. It would be less awkward but she and I are in inspection team, but Rainbow Dash insisted that we should come here instead."

"Oh of course! How helpful is that of her? May I ask where is Ms. Sparkle would be."

"She is outside with the assistant, she is a little under the weather, and I figured she needs a bit of fresh air right now."

"I do hope she will get better soon."

"Yeah, its kind of temporary thing, it happens sometimes, please don't worry about it."

"I couldn't help to notice your glasses dear."

"Those old things, I don't actually need them, those are just fake lenses. Although I wouldn't mind if you could recommend where I could get a new pair of frames."

"Well this isn't my specialty, but I could help you out, I am sure that this office here would help you."

Moondancer took a glance at business card Sharp Focus had been printed on "Thank you for your help then, so I don't want to bother you, lets just move on."

"Its no trouble at all, if you'd like we could join together, we are going to the same place after all."

"I suppose we could do that," Moondancer agreed.

They both exited the boutique and Moondancer then trotted back to Spike and Twilight "How is it been?"

"The skies are dark and gloomy today. The ravens are screaming the song of sorrows," responded Twilight "Look! Look! The reaper is watching me, with his uneasy smile." Twilight hangs her head down, then she suddenly startled "Don't make fun of me! I know he is real. "

"So the next stage then, Goth Twilight?"

"Yep," Spike replied, "Sorry we forgot to take the pills."

"Too late for that now, come on let's go we need to move."

'Who is your friend?" Spike asked Moondancer.

"This is Rarity Diamond, she is our next contact. why do you ask?"

"Oh, its nothing," Spike blushed.

"Oh, does someone has a crash," Moonancer teased.


"No, I don't! Baka! Listen wouldn't she be from the House of Diamond?

"I didn't ask, Twilight might know those kinds of things."

Twilight gasped "Around, all around the storm clouds gather. My dread grows as doom's scythe falls against my neck. It mutilates me, and darkly my blood drips to the thirsty earth. In agony, I fall limply while the Reaper laughs cruelly. Now alone my cry of mercy falls upon bloody eyes." She sighted and put her head back down again.

"That's nice, I think."

"Eh, I am recording the whole thing," Spike showed Moondancer the tape recorder "Maybe we can like publish it.

"Yeah, okay, just make sure to edit it."

"Oh right."

"Ms. Rarity an I ask you something?" Moondancer turned to Rarity.

"Of course, what would that be."

"I was wondering how you and Ms. Dash know each other?"

"Oh that silly thing, well okay I'll tell you. You wouldn't actually believe it but she used to be my etiquette tutor."

"Her, etiquette tutor? Yeah, I guess it actually hard to believe."

"I know right, with her personality and brash bravado, but she is actually really good at her job. I believe they used to call her Darling Dash."

"Her? No Way! That was her?"

"Is something wrong Spike?" Moondancer asked him.

"Well no, but it was before my time, and Twilight's parents used to tell us stories about the biggest and meanest supermodel that swept the nation. Then she suddenly vanished like she never existed."

"Okay, that been quite interesting, looks like we are here." Moondancer said when they reached the City Hall "Twilight, are you going to be okay?"

"Yeah, what did I missed? Oh hello, you must be Ms. Diamond, Its good to see you again all the way over here in this town."

"Hello to you too Ms. Sparkle."

"Okay, I think I will take over here., thank you Moondancer for your help today."

"Anytime Twilight, anytime."

Author's Note:

Congratulations for Legends of Equestria to be officially released for this September, any advanced descriptions are borrowed from what I remember about Ponydale Cloudopolis and Cantermore.

I need it an opportunity to give Moondancer the whole chapter to her, that's means I need to move Twilight to sidelines. I am still having trouble to find the way for a conversation to sound less forced. You know like in your head you build the perfect picture, but when you actually had to type it out...I guess Moondancer just has a lot of chemistry with Spike and Twilight than she has with others.

Darling Dash belongs to Hasbro and Magpiepony, I am just borrowing her for my story

Thank you, everyone, for reading this chapter