• Published 19th Sep 2017
  • 579 Views, 4 Comments

A Different Maestro Spectrum - The REAL Mister Pkmn



A universe where my main OC has a different backstory than usual.

  • ...
 4
 579

Chapter The Fourteenth: Confrontation

Maestro awoke bright and early in the morning as he helped Prism get out so they could be on their way. His mood was about as jubilant as she had ever seen it as he lightly twirled his portfolio, and a smirk grew on her face as realization of what occured last night dawned on her. She giggled a bit as she gently elbowed her dad as they walked. “So it went well, I take it? Come on, give me the details!”

Maestro shook his head and sighed as they continued to make their way out of the city towards the outskirts. “Yes, it went well. It was a very nice date. However, near the end… I kissed her on impulse alone after she enlightened me as to how much she liked me. A choice that I will not soon regret.”

Prism had been a bit shocked, but a sly grin grew on her face as the shock ebbed away. “So, when can I expect a younger sibling?”

Maestro coughed in surprise as they reached a prime part of the next city over. “Wh-what!? N-now, Prism that’s a bit too fast, don’t you think? Sure, I do like Trixie as more than a friend. But… I’m not ready for that kind of relationship.” He shook his head and sighed. “I don’t have time for it, either. At least, not yet. A girlfriend is one thing, but a wife and more children is quite another. I’d need to think on how to properly balance it with my current life first before going ahead with such a thing.” He set down his portfolio in an empty slot between buildings and changed it into his shop.

Though disappointment was clear on Prism’s face, it seemed that she did understand. “Sorry dad. I know that I’ve been a bit… anxious… for getting a mom in my life, but I think that I can respect that you don’t want to rush it.”

Maestro smiled and tousled Prism’s spines a bit as they went inside. “That’s my girl. I knew that you would understand.” It was then that a knock was heard at the door. Maestro turned in confusion. “Now, who could that be?” He paused and turned back towards the door. He took a quick look through the observation lens in the door, and gasped. He quickly opened the door, and let Supervisor Bronze in. He looked towards Prism. “Prism, I have some things to discuss in private with Mr. Bronze here. If you don’t mind?” She gave a small sigh, and sauntered off as Maestro took Supervisor Bronze into the living room. Once there, Maestro set up the silence field as he sat on the couch. He gestured to the chair across from him. “Would you like to sit down?”

Supervisor Bronze shook his head. “No, I’m not here for pleasantries, I fear.” He gave a deep sigh and looked towards Maestro. “Are you aware of the risk to the mission that you are inducing? The way things are going, I am afraid that you are losing sight of what is important.”

Maestro quirked his head. “And just what are you implying? I’m doing my part to the best of my ability, given what I can remember of the directive. As far as I’m concerned, I am allowed a little down time. What I choose to do with the time I don’t gather intel is my business.”

Supervisor Bronze huffed irritably. "That’s quite enough. Listen, and listen well, Observer Spectrum. There are things at play that you do not seem to understand. We cannot afford you to get too close to the locals. You aren’t like them! It was fine back when you were just making the idle friend here or there. But this… relationship of yours? It will not last, once the truth comes out. Your father understands that you don’t yet understand our situation- But even he insists as I do. Let this… Trixie… down gently. Explain that it would never work, or whatever you have to do to end it. Just, for the sake of what’s at stake here… let her go."

Maestro was stunned silent for a good while, but by the time he had gathered himself, Supervisor Bronze had left. How was he supposed to do that to Trixie? He liked her a lot, perhaps even loved her. How could they ask this of him? Maestro let down the silence field and sunk a bit deeper into the couch. What was he supposed to do? Could he risk defying his father for love? Could he live with himself crushing Trixie’s feelings to satisfy his father? He stood up, and pushed the thought away. He could not do that to Trixie.

The more that he heard about what his father wanted, the less he liked it. Something started to boil to the surface of his very being. Something… primal. He would not blindly follow, if that was what his father expected. He would bring the ponies up to speed, induce a technological revolution. It would take time, sure. But Maestro would not sit back and watch, not after this. But he would have to be careful, more so than ever. He lit his horn, and he focused his mana. He had never used an enchantment of this complexity before, and it was rather straining. But with a few ebbs of the magical flow, he etched a new enchantment upon his person. It made him wince slightly, due to the sheer intensity, but it would be worth it to keep his dad’s goons from prying too much. He immediately tested his new enchantment, as he focused his energy. With a thought, he became invisible, and presumably undetectable by other means.

Maestro nodded, and cut the power to the enchantment. This was only the first part of his plan, but the rest would have to wait. He converted his front room into the storefront, and opened shop for the day. It was time to lay the groundwork for the second part of his plan. He was a good judge of character, so he could tell if somebody was putting on airs. He used this knowledge to give out pamphlets to those geniuses that felt stifled, and those that wanted things to change. A summons for a secret seminar, one that he would host to bolster on the revolution. It was a risky move for sure, given that Celestia already had some misgivings about him, especially after he endorsed letting Discord free to “reform” his chaos to be more benevolent. Still, it would be worth it, if it was to protect the ponies from what Maestro feared his father might do. The first meeting was tonight, and he sent a pamphlet off to Trixie, in hopes that she would attend and support his endeavour. He had seen in her a desire to make the world better, but it was a bit of a leap to think that she’d be on board with this.

Regardless, he had to try. The day wound on, and Maestro had invited about one percent of the town to the meeting. The time would soon come…

To Be Continued...

Author's Note:

Can Maestro's bold plan succeed? Only time will tell...