• Published 19th Sep 2017
  • 579 Views, 4 Comments

A Different Maestro Spectrum - The REAL Mister Pkmn



A universe where my main OC has a different backstory than usual.

  • ...
 4
 579

Chapter The Eleventh: Questions and Confessions

Maestro awoke a few hours later, in the afternoon. He checked on Trixie, and it seemed her fever had gone down. He sighed with relief. He didn’t know what he’d do if Trixie died on his account. He shook such dark thoughts away, for they wouldn’t help the situation. All he could do now was wait for her to wake up. In the meantime, he’d some thinking to do.
Many thoughts ran through his head. He was slightly enjoying his time with Sarah, but when Trixie showed up he couldn’t stop worrying once she left into the storm. He stopped enjoying the date, only really being concerned about how Trixie was doing. His panic during his search for her in the rain was understandable, she was his best friend after all.
But that didn’t answer his bigger question. His focus was solely on her well being as soon as she’d gone out into the rain. He hadn’t thought of much else! Why was that? Could his friendship with her really be the end-all reason of why? Or maybe… his eyes widened slightly. Did he… like her as more than a friend? He hadn’t really thought of that before. It would certainly explain a few things, that was for sure. He looked over Trixie as she recovered, and thought about it some more. If he did like her as more than a friend, how much did he like her? What did he like about her? Was there anything he disliked about her? He didn’t really have much time to think it over as Trixie finally awoke. He smiled. “It’s good to see that you’re awake, Trix. I was… worried about you when you left into the rain, so… I brought you back here so you could recover. It’s good to see that your fever’s gone.”

Trixie blinked a bit, and adjusted to the light in the room. She then asked the question on her mind. “So, what happened with that thestral? Is she your soulmate?”

Maestro shook his head. “I didn’t stay to find out. Once you went out in the rain, I couldn’t stop worrying. I ended up leaving before the date was done to try and find you.” He sighed. “I’m glad that I found you when I did. Otherwise, you could’ve been in far worse condition.” A smile spread across his face. “It’s a weight off my mind that you’re alright. Prism helped me get you situated for recovery, so I owe her. She’ll certainly have a special treat tonight.”

Trixie processed that for a moment. He’d gone out of his way to help her. He’d tossed away a date with a mare to save her life. He’s just so… perfect. She knew what her problem was, but she didn’t want to admit it. She turned away, and started to give him the silent treatment.

Maestro’d expected her to respond, possibly thank him, but not this. He put a hoof on her shoulder. “Trix, talk to me, please. I ran out in the rain after you because I got worried. I… care about you. You’re my best friend. I know when you’re hurting, and I can’t help but think I’m to blame. Please. Tell me what’s bothering you. I want to help you. Please. Let me in.”

The wall crumbled at that look in his eyes. She couldn’t hold it back anymore. “Maestro…” She sighed. “I like you as more than a friend. I have for some time. When I saw you with her, I…” Tears started to come in full force down her muzzle.

Maestro grasped her in a hug, patting her on the back. “I get it now. All those looks my way, the strange way you acted around me at times… I had my suspicions, but… I’m glad you told me yourself.” Maestro pulled back a bit, and dried her tears. He looked away. “I… I don’t know if I reciprocate. I mean, I like you, sure. Maybe even as more than a friend, but… I’m uncertain. I only recently considered it, given that the way I chased after you without much thought to my own health can’t quite be explained fully by just friendship. I’m also… afraid of ruining what we already have, Trix. I… don’t know if I can risk something like that. You’re my friend, and if I end up hurting you like that… I’d never forgive myself.”

Trixie hung her head and sighed. She knew this might happen. Maestro was afraid of hurting her, now that she’d told him. He didn’t want to risk their friendship over feelings he was unsure about. She understood. Tears rolled down her face. “So you’re not going to try? I get that you don’t want to hurt me, but… I want you to try.” She clung to him, as if he was the last thing keeping her afloat in a wide ocean. “Show me how much you care… by granting my request. One date. That’s all I ask. After that, we can go back to how things were, alright?”

Maestro’s face was unreadable. He didn’t know what to say, what to do. He liked her, but how much? Prism seemed fond of her, so that was in her favor. But should he? Trixie was his best friend. Could he really risk ruining that forever? He took a deep breath, and nodded. “Sure. But… not today. It’s been a long day. Plus, I have to leave for Los Pegasus tonight. If you can wait a while for that date, I’ll appreciate it.”

At that, Trixie sighed and nodded. “I’ll wait, I suppose. I’ll be working a show here tomorrow, so maybe we can meet up when your done with the expo?”

Maestro did a few motions. “Cross my heart. Hope to die. Stick a needle in my eye.” He nodded. “I’ll be there, even if I have to push back a few things.” the deal was then set in stone as they parted ways that night.

Author's Note:

Wow, a full two weeks early? I didn't expect to be done with this chapter this soon. Maybe I can squeeze another out in two weeks, but it's highly unlikely.