• Published 19th Sep 2017
  • 579 Views, 4 Comments

A Different Maestro Spectrum - The REAL Mister Pkmn



A universe where my main OC has a different backstory than usual.

  • ...
 4
 579

Chapter The Twelfth: Compications

The day in Los Pegasus had flown by, mostly due to Maestro’s nerves. He closed for lunch, and sighed as he looked to Prism. “What am I to do? I’m nervous about my date with Trixie. What if I mess things up? This could end very badly…”

Prism understood her father’s thought process quite well at this point, having been around him her whole life. She knew that he treasured his friendship with Trixie, more than most connections he had. She also saw how much he cared for Trixie, and saw something there that Maestro might not. So, she tried to calm him down. “Relax, dad. You care for Trixie, and she cares about your friendship too. If things don’t work out, she will understand, trust me. So just take it easy, and be yourself, and it’ll all work out.”

Maestro chuckled heartily. “When did you get so smart with relationships? You’re not even dating that dragon you’ve got a crush on… Spike, was it?”

Prism blushed. “Th-this isn’t about me! It’s about you! Besides… I’m just… not ready for that yet.”

Just as Maestro was going to tease his daughter a bit more, he heard the chime to his door. He shot up, and readily replied. “Sorry, we’re closed for lunch hour. Please come back later.”

He then noticed just who it was. Lavender and cyan mane and tail. Blue coated unicorn mare with indigo eyes. A Cutie Mark that looked like a shooting star with gems off-shooting from its tail. She giggled lightly. “Hey, bro! Did you miss me?”

Maestro blinked. “Janice?” He collected himself, smiling. “Ah yes, Chess said you were in the area. He says hello, by the way.”

Janice went up to the table he was sitting at, and sat across from him. “So, what’s eating you, bro? Certainly not your art; you’re a runaway success now!”

Maestro sighed deeply. “You remember my friend Trixie, right?” At her nod, Maestro scratched the back of his head. “Well, she recently told me that she likes me as more than a friend.” Janice gasped, and was about to interject, but Maestro held up a hoof, and continued. “I’d had my suspicions, but I didn’t expect her to approach me about it quite this soon. Now, I’m worried about our date later tonight. My feelings towards her are uncertain at this point, and I don’t want to hurt her feelings. But she insisted, and I promised her that I’d go. I know I should be myself, but… What happens if she still has feelings for me, and I find that I don’t reciprocate? Things’ll certainly be awkward after that…” He sighed, shaking his head. “What should I do, Janice?”

For a moment, Janice thought on Maestro’s conundrum. He had already agreed to the date, and promised even. So backing out was out of the question, considering how Maestro was with promises. He had likely already pushed some plans aside to make room for this night, so he couldn’t really put it off without possibly hurting Trixie’s feelings. Eventually, she sighed, and smiled. “Just relax. Let whatever happens, happen. If your relationship should evolve, you should let it. If it returns to the way it once was, embrace the awkward jokes you two will likely have at this phase. You cannot let fear get you down. So just go, and make the most of it.”

A smile stretched across Maestro’s face. “Thanks, Janice. I needed that.” They bade farewell to one another, and Prism went into the back.

Just then, a new unicorn stallion came inside. He was bronze in all colorations, which was extremely odd. His Cutie Mark was strange as well, just being black rectangle with a bronze poker club symbol on it. Maestro was about to speak to him, but he cut him off with his gruff voice. “I’m here to talk to you about an important personal matter. If you would cast a silence field spell, it would be greatly appreciated.”

His tone brokered no argument, so Maestro complied readily. Once that was taken care of, he spoke to the figure. “So, what did you want to speak about sir? I don’t have much time before I have to get back to selling my work, so if you could make it brief…”

The bronze unicorn sighed. “Observer Spectrum. What have you learned so far about the ponies?”

At the mention of that name, Maestro shot up. This was one of his supervisors, then? He supposed he should answer. “They are friendly people, once you gain their trust. Their tech is sort of lacking, compared to the visions I’ve had of our home, but I’ve seen evidence that an Industrial Revolution is not long off.” The figure took some notes, and then I asked a question. “Sir, if I may be so bold, how are you here?”

The figure shook his head. “I’m not. This’s a mere projection using a pony base as a reference. It took some time to figure out how to project an avatar of this sort into this world, but now we can. I know that this seems strange to you, but you can trust us. You probably don’t even remember me based on my voice alone… truly, a sad state of affairs.” He shook his head. “I must be off. We’re making preparations to arrive in this world, but it’s slow going. May you have success in your endeavors.” He stood, and was about to leave before he turned back to face Maestro. “Oh, I almost forgot. If you need to contact me, please send a message through the dream channels and ask for Supervisor Bronze. Now, until we meet again, farewell.” with nary another word, he vanished.

Maestro sighed. Things were starting to get hectic, but he’d to keep his composure. He switched the sign on his shop back to open, and let himself get absorbed in his work until he closed early. Time to get ready for his date...

Author's Note:

Alright, now things get interesting... Who are the supervisors, exactly? How many are there? what do they want? What is the extent of Maestro's mission? These questions and more will all be answered in due time...