• Published 30th Jul 2017
  • 500 Views, 17 Comments

Elements of Heroism Special: Equestria Girls - Bahamut0



A new foe has taken Twilight's crown, and she must journey to a world beyond a mirror. But as she meets familiar faces, there is one absent among her friends. Where is this world's Burst Stream?

  • ...
 17
 500

Chapter 3

Twilight breathed a sigh of relief as she walked the hallway. That is, until she felt a familiar presence. She turned, and saw Sunset looking at her before moving to a darkened locker section. Twilight narrowed her eyes. "What do you want?"

"Just to talk." Goldenrise said as he joined Sunset. "You're not the only being from Equestria to wind-up here. Sunset left. Me? I was an outcast back home. I'm sure you caught sight of my unique wings back in Equestria? Sunset and I are both outcasts. Who better to find some comfort with?"

"Is that supposed to make me think she's any less horrible?" Twilight asked with an unamused look on her face. "Besides. I'm only here to reclaim the crown because of sentimental value."

Sunset smirked. "You really came all this way for that reason?" A mocking giggle escaped Sunset's lips. "Obviously you really don't know the power you held. Power that should have been mine."

"One you still won't have." Twilight said with a smirk. "That crown you stole was a replica Discord made for me using his magic."

Sunset blinked before once again sneering. "Oh...I know it's not the real Element of Magic. But regardless, it still serves the purpose I need it for."

"What're you talking about?" Twilight demanded!

Sunset sneered. "Surely you've noticed that you can't use your magic here? Don't worry. It still resides inside you, but you've got no way to channel it. Save for having some form of conductor that carries a high magic content. Like say, an element of harmony? Or at the very least, a really good replica." Sunset took satisfaction in seeing the scowl on Twilight's face. "Now that I have what I want, I won't let you be standing in my way."

"If there's anything my world's Burst Stream taught me, it's not to back down." Twilight said sternly. "I know we'll be clashing soon." And with that, Twilight left a very confused Sunset and Goldenrise. "I think Burst's rubbed off on me a bit." Sure enough, the school day came to an end, and Twilight met with Inferno. "So where is Burst?"

Inferno sighed. "Knowing him, probably at home. C'mon." Inferno led Twilight to a house. "I'll knock." Inferno knocked on the door, and Burst's mother Lumina answered. "Afternoon Ms. Stream. I'm here to see Burst."

"It'll do him good to see his best friend." Lumina said with a smile. "I'll fetch him."

Inferno and Twilight sat down on the couch. "So..." Twilight began. "...what made Burst stop going to school?"

"Burst..." Inferno sighed. "...Burst had a crush on Principal Celestia. And...well, she humored him with a date. The two actually enjoyed hanging around each other, and they made a regular thing out of it. But then, Burst let Gold into our group. One day, Gold saw Burst waiting around for Principal Celestia. The two were only friends, but if a principal was seen spending time with a student, a minor at that, questions would be raised. Gold sold Burst out to Sunset, and she gave him a choice. Either let her have free reign, or she'd go to the school board with a recording of Burst and Gold's conversation." Twilight's heart sunk, and Inferno noticed her distraught expression. "Burst, along with me and the guys, were among some of the most popular students. Meaning Burst was an obstacle in Sunset's way. Even when she built up her popularity by dating Flash Sentry."

Twilight let out a sad sigh. "I wonder how Burst's taking this." She soon found out when she found this world's Burst Stream standing before her. His outfit consisted of blue jeans, and a grey shirt with a white dragon on it.

"Hey Inferno." Burst greeted. He then noticed Twilight. "Who's the new girl?"

"This is Twilight Sparkle." Inferno said proudly. "And she's gonna be running against Sunset for the Fall Formal Crown."

Burst frowned. "You do know what she did to the last girl who ran against her, right?"

"Yeah. Applejack told her about it." Inferno noted. "But with you back, with your approval, she'd stand a chance!" He then sighed. "You're my bro Burst. And I can't stand seeing you like this! CHS needs you! The guys and I need you!" Inferno's head drooped sadly. "The girls...they won't even speak to each other now. They were so close and then they're suddenly at each other's throats! Sunset's been tearing the whole school apart! Right now, we need a hero! We need you!"

Burst slowly stood up. "If I go, then there's the chance that Principal Celestia gets kicked out." Burst said sadly. "CHS needs her a lot more than it needs me."

"DON'T GIVE ME THAT!" Inferno shouted as he stood up! "You told me and the guys once that if no one stands up to evil, no one ever will! What happened to that Burst?!"

Burst sighed. "There are no more heroes." And then, he felt something strike him. Burst rubbed his cheek, and saw Twilight breathing heavily. Staring at her hand with wide eyes.

"Listen up!" Twilight said! "The Burst Stream that I knew wouldn't just sit back and do nothing! He'd find a way to win! To give a sad story a happy ending! He'd never give up!" Tears began to flow from Twilight's eyes. "If you were anything like him, you'd risk everything for people you don't even know. You'd do it because you wanted to. Let's go Inferno. You were right. I don't like what I've seen."

As soon as they were outside, Inferno stopped Twilight. "Twilight? I appreciate you literally slapping some sense into Burst. But what do you mean 'the Burst Stream I knew'?"

"I..." Twilight sighed. "Do you know any girls by the names of Applejack, Pinkie Pie, Rainbow Dash, Rarity, and Fluttershy?"

Inferno blinked. "How do you know the names of the girls me and my friends are dating?!"

"It's a long story..." Twilight said. "And it's pretty unbelievable."