• Published 30th Jul 2017
  • 500 Views, 17 Comments

Elements of Heroism Special: Equestria Girls - Bahamut0



A new foe has taken Twilight's crown, and she must journey to a world beyond a mirror. But as she meets familiar faces, there is one absent among her friends. Where is this world's Burst Stream?

  • ...
 17
 500

Chapter 4

Twilight gathered the counterparts of her friends, and was about to explain her true origins until Pinkie Pie blurted it out. "Well...yes. That's pretty much my story. And why I need to get that crown back!" Twilight then sighed. "But something tells me it's going to be a whole lot harder than I thought. Especially with Sunset Shimmer dividing everyone." Her face then saddened. "Especially you five."

"No offense, but I don't think Sunset's got anything to do with this." Rainbow Dash said with a bored look on her face. "But if you're gonna stick it to her, I'm with ya."

Applejack scowled. "Like you were there for me when I needed you?"

"What're you talking about?!" Rainbow Dash demanded. "I got a text from you saying you needed me a week later!"

Applejack blinked as she pulled out her phone. "Weird. Ah never sent ya any messages like that. See?" It was then that the group came to a realization. "So. How're we gonna get everyone to come together?"

"I think I may have an idea darling." Rarity said with a grin. "Here's what we're going to do..." The next day, Twilight put her plan into action. And sure enough, it worked. Or at least, it would have if the gym hadn't been totally trashed and her receiving the blame for the damage! However, Sunset's ex Flash Sentry proved helpful in clearing Twilight's name. "Now if only we could get this gym fixed." Twilight and her friends set to work repairing the gym decorations. "Wish we had some extra hands." Twilight then noticed a familiar figure walk past her.

Burst turned to face the group. "Is it too late to help?" He said with a small smile. "Thanks for slapping some sense into me. So are we gonna get this place ready or what?" And with that, the repair effort went into full swing. Other students took note, and decided to lend a hand or two. In almost no time at all, the gym was ready for the Fall Formal. "You've brought everyone together. You've got my vote." Burst said with a smile. And from then, almost every student cast their vote for Twilight. As Burst began to leave, he felt a presence behind him. "I bet you didn't expect to see me again." Burst turned to face Principal Celestia. "It's my own fault for asking for that stupid date. You don't have to apologize for anything."

"All the same, I'm glad you're back." Celestia said with a smile. "It was fun spending time with you. Can you believe anyone would get the notion we're a couple."

Burst chuckled. "Still makes me regret not being a few years older. You're someone worth waiting for." Burst then resumed his exit. "See you at the dance." Sure enough, night fell and the dance began. Burst was happy to be with his friends at school again. However, he noticed something troubling. Sunset and Goldenrise were absent. And knowing those two, they had a back-up plan. "I've got a bad feeling about this...."

"I'm with you on that." Inferno said as he motioned to Snips and Snails. The two kidnapped Spike the second Twilight was crowned! "Let's go!" The guys bolted after the two lackeys with Twilight and the girls close behind! Sure enough, they saw Sunset and Gold standing near the statue with a hammer next to them.

"I figured you were a sore loser Sunset." Burst said in a cross tone before looking at Gold. "Nice to see you again Gold. Just what did Sunset offer you in the first place?"

Gold scowled. "Isn't it obvious? What you had, I wanted."

"No Gold." Burst said sadly. "You already had it. I truly wished for us to be friends. That way you wouldn't be alone. It's a chance I'm giving you again. Do the right thing Gold."

Gold frowned. "You think it'll be that easy?" He then got into a fighting stance. "I've worked so hard to gain what you had. And I won't let you cast me into that isolation again!"

"I'm sorry you think that." Burst said with a sigh as he charged at Gold! Gold swung at Burst! "You think you've risen..." Burst then sweep-kicked Gold to the ground! "But the truth is you've fallen farther than you ever thought possible. I don't want to fight you, but I will stand for my friends." Burst then leaned out of the way as Gold charged him. "I'm sorry." Burst then dashed over to Gold, and sent him flying with an upper cut! "Stay down Gold. Don't make me hurt you anymore." He then shot a glare at Snips and Snails, and they released Spike. "Looks like you can keep your crown princess." Twilight smiled, but was soon tackled by Sunset who took the crown for herself! But when Sunset put the crown on, she underwent a monstrous transformation! She sneered down at the crowd before looking to Gold.

"Time for you to rise to the occasion Gold. But you'll need a new name..." Demon Shimmer said with a wicked grin as a sphere of dark magic encased Gold! "Rise! Skyfall!" Gold's transformed state granted him black skin, purple eyes, and two wings that were nearly devoid of feathers.

Skyfall stared hatefully at Burst. "You're wrong Burst. I have risen with this power! And now...YOU AND YOUR FRIENDS WILL FALL!" Gold then gathered up his magic, and summoned a dark fireball! It was aimed right at the guys and Twilight and the girls! They braced for the worst, but the blast hit something else! When Twilight opened her eyes, she gasped. They were shielded by what looked like a gigantic dragon wing! It seemed like it was made of energy, and was mostly white with a blue tint! As the guarding wing pulled back, it was revealed to be coming from Burst! His eyes were glowing blue from the magic being unleashed!

"You're not hurting anyone!" Burst spat defiantly! "Not as long as I'm standing!" And with that, Burst charged at Demon Shimmer and Skyfall! The three clashing in the air and trading blasts of magic and physical blows! Burst spotted the crown on Demon Shimmer's head, and knocked it off with a swift kick before diving to retrieve it! "TWILIGHT! CATCH!" Burst hurled the crown to Twilight, and she caught it just in time! Twilight then ignited the spark of friendship, and she and the girls were transformed! When the light died down, they were wearing Sailor Moon style outfits due to their magic being unlocked! The girls then began to channel the magic of friendship while Burst kept Demon Shimmer and Skyfall busy! However, the fight was still two against one. And Burst was starting to tire! Sure enough, Burst was knocked to the ground by a combined blast from the transformed bullies!

"Any last words?" Skyfall asked with a sneer.

Burst smirked. "Yeah. You're right where I want you." Both Demon Shimmer and Skyfall soon found Twilight and the girls firing the magic of friendship right at them! When the light faded, Sunset and Gold had returned to normal. Both shaking at the realization of the wrongs they'd done.

"I'm sorry..." Gold said weakly. "I...I was so jealous of all the friends you had. I didn't want to be alone...."

Burst slapped Gold on the back. "Gold. You messed up. Big time. But I've got no grudges against you. I'm just glad you're ready to actually be friends this time."

"...I'm still gonna have to help clean all this up. Aren't I?" Gold asked with a dry smile.

Vice Principal Luna nodded. "At least you won't be alone. Sunset's going to be by your side the whole night." Twilight returned to Equestria with a smile as she saw Burst and his friends reunited.