• Published 30th Jul 2017
  • 500 Views, 17 Comments

Elements of Heroism Special: Equestria Girls - Bahamut0



A new foe has taken Twilight's crown, and she must journey to a world beyond a mirror. But as she meets familiar faces, there is one absent among her friends. Where is this world's Burst Stream?

  • ...
 17
 500

Chapter 2

"No magic. NO MAGIC. NO MAGIC!" Twilight panicked before calming down. "Okay. No big deal. At least I'm still in a familiar form."

Spike nodded as he wagged his tail. "Plus, I've gotten the hang of this new form too!" He then noticed Canterlot High School. "Hey, maybe we can find some answers is there!"

"Good thinking Spike." Twilight said with a smile as she and Spike went through the doors. Only to be lost in a mob of students heading to their next classes not a few minutes later. "How does anyone get past this?!" Eventually, Twilight and Spike found themselves in the safety of the hallway. Only to see a girl that looked like Fluttershy being picked on by another girl!

"It's too bad that walking tank of yours isn't around to help you." Sunset Shimmer said with a smile. "You'd probably sick that thug on me anyway."

"Leave her alone!" Twilight said as she stood defiantly!

Sunset blinked before sneering. "Obviously you don't know how things work here. Isn't that right Gold?" A young man with light gold skin, medium gold hair, and red eyes stepped forward. His outfit was a red jacket, light gold pants, red sneakers, and a shirt with a phoenix on it. "Maybe you'd like to help me explain?"

"The only thing you'll be explaining is why you two were late." A voice said. Twilight turned her head, and couldn't believe it! There was a guy who looked just like Tyrannus behind her. "Was what you did really worth it Gold?"

Goldenrise narrowed his eyes. "You got a grudge Ty? I thought we were friends."

"So did I." Tyrannus said with a frown. "Now leave before I decide to teach you a lesson. I won't tolerate anyone threatening Fluttershy." And with that, the two bullies left. Tyrannus' gaze instantly softened when he looked at Twilight and Fluttershy. "You two all right?"

Fluttershy nodded. "I can always count on you showing up when I need you." She said with a loving smile as she pulled Tyrannus into a hug and looking to Twilight. "And thank you too. Nobody's ever stood up to Sunset Shimmer before."

"Sunset Shimmer..." Twilight thought out loud. "It was no problem. But I am new here. Could either of you help me get a class schedule?" Twilight was then led to Principal Celestia's office and was given a schedule. Lunch period soon arrived, and she made her way to the cafeteria. Once she got her food, she noticed Tyrannus sitting with this world's Inferno Flare, Steel Edge, Akage Strider, and Magnet North! She decided to make her way over. "Mind if I sit here?"

Steel smiled. "So. You're the girl who showed some guts against Sunset, right? Far as I'm concerned, you fit right in with us." A chuckle then escaped his lips. "Heck, we've all given her a piece of our minds one time or another."

"Mind you, she still runs the school." Akage noted. He then introduced each of the guys.

"I'm Twilight Sparkle. Pleased to meet you." Twilight smiled. "Well, I'm sure with Burst on your side, the playing field's even!" However, Twilight noticed the guys' faces sadden at the mention of Burst's name. "What did I say?"

"How do you know about Burst Stream?" Inferno asked calmly as he looked her right in the eye.

Twilight fidgeted a little. "Well...I heard some stories about him from my old school. They say he's quite a legend."

"His legend is over." Inferno said sadly. "Burst's no longer here. One day, he just stopped going to school and Sunset took over. And all because...!" Inferno picked his head up, and scowled. "You're not welcome here." The group collectively turned their gazes at Goldenrise. "What do you want Gold?"

Goldenrise took a deep breath before replying. "I'm here to make a peace offering. None of us really wants to go about hating now do we? Just make the right choice, and join the winning side. Don't waste your remaining years trying to stand against Sunset."

"The easy way isn't the hero's way lad." North said sternly as he stood up. "We won't back down now."

Gold groaned. "You guys are just another Burst Stream waiting to-" Gold was cut off by Inferno grabbing him by the shirt!

"TRAITOR!" Inferno screamed! "Don't you dare speak his name! You're not fit to talk about him! Not after what you did to him!"

Steel and Akage worked to restrain Inferno! "Calm down man!" Steel pleaded! "He ain't worth it!"

"Glad to see you're being kept in check." Gold said with a smirk before he was silenced by Akage's glare.

"Was it really worth getting rid of Burst Stream?" Akage asked coldly. "You can gain all the popularity Sunset promised, and you'll never be like him. And we'll never be your friends like we were with Burst. He welcomed you with open arms. And how did you repay him?"

Inferno narrowed his eyes. "Don't waste your breath Akage. Knowing Burst, he'd probably not want us to dwell on it." A sigh escaped from Inferno as he got up to leave. "Doesn't make it hurt any less though..." Twilight left as well, and found the counterparts of the rest of her friends. Surely enough, she was now in the running for Fall Formal Princess.

"Now there's a chance for me to get the crown back." Twilight said with a smile. However, it soon faded as she recalled what happened.

Spike noticed Twilight's distress, and decided to investigate. "Twilight? What's wrong?"

"All of the guys mentioned that Burst wasn't going here anymore." Twilight answered. "Just what happened to him?" She then spotted Inferno. "Time to find out. Inferno!"

"Oh. Twilight, right?" Inferno asked with a smile. "What can I do for you?"

"Well...you mentioned Burst earlier at lunch." Twilight began. "And you seemed so sad when you said he was gone. Please. Tell me what happened."

Inferno sighed. "The day my best friend stopped showing up is a day me and the guys would rather not remember." He then looked Twilight in the eye. "But what does it matter to you?"

"Because I'm running against Sunset for the crown of the Fall Formal." Twilight answered. "And the first thing I plan on doing is bringing Burst back! Wherever he is."

Inferno gave her a small smile. "It looks like there's a hope after all." He put a hand on Twilight's shoulder. "I'll take you to Burst. But...I can't promise you'll like what you see."