• Published 17th Jul 2017
  • 1,788 Views, 29 Comments

Elements of Equestria - Bookpony579



In a world full of magic, can Twilight defeat Sunset and discover who she's meant to be?

  • ...
4
 29
 1,788

Chapter 13

Twilight sat nervously in Vice-Principal Luna's office. Unlike her sister's, Luna's office was shrouded in darkness with only a little light peeking in between the blinders, creating an ominous atmosphere. The vice principal herself stood on the other side of her desk, back turned to Twilight.

"As glad as I am to see you again, I had hoped it would be under better circumstances." Luna was looking at various pictures in a vanilla binder. After a moment, she tossed the folder and the pictures right in front of Twilight.

"This is you in the photographs, is it not?"

Twilight winced, it was her in the pictures. It showed her in various stages of wrecking the the gym.

"Well, yes it is me, but I didn't do it!"

"Really? So where were you between four and six yesterday afternoon?" Luna narrowed her eyes at Twilight in a way that made Twilight feel that if she told any lies, she would melt on the spot.

"I was at home." was all she managed to get out.

"Was there anybody with you that can verify that?"

Twilight shook her head, her heart pounding. Of course she had to be alone when something like this happened! Her friends had various after-school activities to get to and even her parents had been out with errands. There was nobody who could prove Twilight didn't destroy the gym...well except Spike but Twilight had a feeling that having a talking dog testify for her would only cause more problems.

"Hmm. So there's photographic evidence and no one who can prove that their false."

Luna walked to the window and peered out of it.

"I think it should be fairly obvious that the school cannot let someone who would do something like this compete for the Fall Formal crown."

Twilight buried her face in her hands. This can't be happening... What was she going to do now? She had no proof of her innocence and now she was going to be kicked off the princess ballot just as she was about to win! She had a feeling...no, she knew Sunset was behind this, but she also knew that Luna would only listen to hard evidence, which she didn't have either. She felt so hopeless.

Just before Luna could say anything else, someone knocked on the door before opening, revealing Flash Sentry holding some photos too.

"Vice Principal Luna. I found these in a trash can in the library. Thought you should see them." He handed them over and she looked over them. These photos showed various backgrounds with large pieces cut out. Flash grabbed a photo from the desk and held it behind one of the cut photos, showing the pose Twilight was making and the cut-out matched perfectly.

"Someone obviously combined these photos to make it look like Twilight was the one who trashed the gym."

Luna nodded at this, as this was apparently the case. Someone had been taking pictures of Twilight and pasted them over the real culprits picture.

"I appreciate you bringing these to my attention, Flash. In light of this new evidence, you may of course continue your bid to be crowned the Princess of the Fall Formal."

Twilight couldn't believe it! She had never felt so relieved or happy before! She quickly ran up to Flash and hugged him tight.

"Thankyou!Thankyou!Thankyou!" Realizing what she was doing, she quickly stepped back, blushing fiercely. Flash was blushing himself and just chuckled lightly.

"What was I gonna do? Not prove your innocence? Wouldn't be much of a Canterlot Wondercolt, would I?"

Luna decided to ignore the obvious attraction between the teens and began to head out. "I am afraid enough damage has been done to the gym that we will have to postpone the dance until tomorrow night. If you will excuse me, I need to let my sister know about this latest development." She left, leaving the two teens alone.

"So I, uh, wanted to thank you again for helping me out yesterday, and for today too I guess." Twilight tried to pull herself together.

"Like I said, I'm happy to help anytime! Plus I had fun yesterday." Flash said, also trying to keep his nerves in check. "You know, you're a really great singer. I-I mean not just great, but amazing! Best I've ever heard!" He mentally punched himself for babbling like an idiot. Twilight just smiled and blushed some more at this.

"Thanks, you were really great too." Twilight mentally groaned at that response. Really? That's the best you've got?. The both just continued to stand around awkwardly for a moment before the bell rang.

"Well, I guess we should get to class." Twilight said, relieved for an exit.

"Yeah! Totally! Learning is important!" Flash again mentally punched himself as both teen went their separate ways. Once she was out of earshot, he just sighed. He had wanted to ask her to the Fall Formal, but his nerves had gotten the better of him. He continued to look dejected all the way to his next class.


Lunch arrived yet again, but this time was different. Instead of the various 'groups' sitting with their own kind, there were mix ups everywhere. Rockers eating with eco-kids, techies laughing with fashionistas and dramas chatting with athletes just to name a few. And at one table, six very different girls sat and enjoyed lunch together for the first time in a long time. Well, for the most part, until they got to the subject of the Fall Formal.

"I can't believe because of Sunset's scheme, we have to wait an extra day for the dance!" Rainbow fumed.

"She's right, I cannot believe she tried to get Twilight kicked out of the running! Not to mention ruining all ofApplejack's and Pinkie's hard work!" Rarity exclaimed.

"Now I know it ain't fair, but there ain't any proof that Sunset's behind it." Applejack tried to calm them down. "Anyway, it's me and Pinkie who've gotta get the gym clean again, and we'll make it a might better than before, right Pinkie?"

"Yesserooni positoovly."

Twilight just shook her head. "Rainbow and Rarity are right, it's not fair you have to clean up Sunset's mess." Suddenly she smiled, "How about I help you out after school? After all 'many hands make light work'." Before Aj or Pinkie could protest, the other girls voiced their agreements.

"If she's in, I'm in! Practice is cancelled anyway so..."

"I'm sure I could give it a touch of elegance befitting a Fall Formal."

"I'd be happy to help too, I'm sure the shelter won't mind if I take one day off."

It was decided; after school they would head to the gym and see what they could do to help. Pinkie was so happy.

"This is going to be a Fall Formal nobody will ever forget!"

Author's Note:

And another step closer to the finale! Next chapter might be a little short, but after that it's Fall Formal time! :pinkiehappy: