• Published 17th Jul 2017
  • 1,785 Views, 29 Comments

Elements of Equestria - Bookpony579



In a world full of magic, can Twilight defeat Sunset and discover who she's meant to be?

  • ...
4
 29
 1,785

Chapter 10

Twilight ran until she ended up in an empty dead end hallway. She pinned herself to the wall as Spike approached.

"Twilight are you ok?" Spike asked, concerned about his owner.

"Well gee, after finding out whatever social life I had is ruined, those girls who wanted to help me too busy arguing with each other, and accidentally creating a talking dog, do you think I'm ok!?" Twilight asked hypothetically.

"Ummm...maybe?" Spike replied, taking the question literally while scratching his ear with his back paw. Twilight calmed down and went over to him, her concern for him overriding the part of her mind that was telling her how weird it was.

"Are you ok? How do you feel? What happened?" Twilight's line of questions was interrupted when Spike licked her face.

"Hey! One question at a time. This is pretty new to me too." Twilight gave a quick 'sorry' before listening to what Spike had to say.

"All I know is that I wanted to stop those glowy lights from hitting you so I jumped in front of them. I was pain for a minute but it went away pretty fast. Suddenly I was back in your arms and I could talk! I don't really understand why I couldn't before though. It's so easy."

While Twilight was touched that Spike was trying to protect her, she still had a million questions on her mind. Did it have something to do with the magic she and Sunset used? She quickly examined him, not finding anything out of the ordinary except for the talking part.

"I think maybe when our magic hit you, it created a 'combined' or 'mutant' spell that allowed you to talk." Twilight explained her theory and Spike nodded, still not fully understanding what she was saying.

"...Twilight?" a familiar voice called out. Twilight quickly stuffed Spike in her bag. She looked up to see the other girls approaching, worried looks on their faces. Applejack spoke up again.

"Are ya'll alright sugarcube?"

Twilight took a deep breath, "Yeah, I'm fine. I just needed a little time to myself I guess."

"Oh, well we're mighty sorry for arguing like that when you needed us."

Twilight quickly shook her head at that. "No, I'm the one who should be sorry for yelling at you like that. I had no right to say those things."

Applejack smiled and put a comforting hand on her shoulder, "It's alright, all this must be stressin' you out." Applejack looked to the others and continued, "In fact, we're willing to put aside our differences and help you through this, right ya'll?" The others nodded in agreement.

Twilight smiled. She was touched, really. Nobody at Crystal Prep ever treated her like these girls treated her. She felt a warmness growing inside her.

It ended when she though back to what Applejack just said and what the other girls were arguing about earlier. "Actually when I was doing research on this school, I came upon the picture of the five of you, hanging out and being...friends." Twilight narrowed her eyes as an idea popped into her head, "Did all those things you mentioned happened before or after Sunset Shimmer came here?"

All there eyes widened with surprise. "Why, it all started happening right after Sunset started CHS! But why would.." Rarity realized what Twilight was getting at. "Well it's a nice theory darling, but I'm sure Sunset had nothing to do with it."

"She's right." Fluttershy popped in. "Sunset Shimmer isn't the one who ruined my silent auction for the animal shelter by bringing fireworks and noisemakers! It was supposed to be a serious event, and Pinkie Pie ruined it!"

Now it was Pinkie's turn to be confused. " What are you talking about? I got a text from you saying that you didn't want a silent auction. You wanted a big party!"

Fluttershy blinked with surprise. "I never sent you any text."

"You didn't?"

"You don't think she's the one who's been sending me those e-mails, do you?" Rarity asked. "Every time I volunteer to help with the decorations at a school function, I get an e-mail from Pinkie Pie saying she has plenty of volunteers! And then I find out she's done everything herself."

Pinkie began looking through her phone. "I never sent you any emails!"

Twilight nodded, her theory was coming together nicely, and it only needed one more piece. "Applejack, where and when did you have your bake-sale?"

"Why...Saturday in the gym last Spring."

"What!?" Rainbow turned to Aj, shocked at what she heard. "But Sunset told me you had to move it to Sunday!"

"What!?"

Everybody except Twilight just stood there as they just absorbed this new revelation. "Well girls, I think we've finally figured out what happened."

"Why that no good, backstabbing..."Rainbow fumed.

"Of all the horrible things she could have done this is the Worst. Possible. Thing!" Rarity cried out dramatically.

"Well galls, I think we all know what we have to do now." Aj called their attention. "We've gotta get Twilight that crown and show Sunset that she messed with the wrong girls! You hear me?"

"YEAH!" Rainbow, Rarity, Pinkie and even Fluttershy cried out. Rainbow's eyes widened as she suddenly remembered something.

"Hey! I almost forgot!" She reached into her backpack and pulled out the old book. " I, uh, ....sorta 'found' this in Sunset's bag yesterday and thought you might want to see it." She handed the book to Twilight, who quickly began examining it.

"Wait. You 'found' this in Sunset's bag?" Aj asked suspiciously.

"Yeah, well, it was just sitting there, and no one else was around so..." Rainbow rubbed the back of her head nervously, trying to ignore the stern looks the others were giving her.

"Rainbow Dash!"

"I'm sorry ok? It's just that she was muttering about 'power' and stuff and I wanted to figure out why!"

"Elements of Harmony...?" Twilight muttered questionably. The others focused their attention on her. "Why would she have this?"

"Elements of Harmony, aren't those just a myth?" Rarity asked.

"I know. But this book seems to explain what they are and how they work!" Before Twilight could explain more, the warning bell sounded.

"Shoot! We better get going. I'll try to study this whenever I can!"

"Meet up at Sugarcube Corner after school?" Aj suggested.

"Sounds good!" Twilight rushed off to class, not noticing the piece of paper that fell out of the book. Rainbow picked it up.

"Hey! Wait! You dropped..." But Twilight was out of earshot. Rainbow looked at the paper and saw that it was a picture. She blinked and squinted, as though she couldn't believe what she was seeing.

"No way..."

"What is it?" Fluttershy asked as she and the other girls gathered around Rainbow to take a look. When they saw it, they couldn't believe it either.

"Oh my stars!"

"Could it be..?"

"But...it cant!"

"But it looks like..."

"I think it is..."

The picture was of two little girls, sitting side by side at a park or somewhere, arms slung over each other's shoulders making it clear they were best friends. But the shocking part was that the two girls in the picture were Sunset Shimmer and Twilight Sparkle.