• Published 17th Jul 2017
  • 1,793 Views, 29 Comments

Elements of Equestria - Bookpony579



In a world full of magic, can Twilight defeat Sunset and discover who she's meant to be?

  • ...
4
 29
 1,793

Chapter 12

The next day at lunch everything was as it usually was, cliques sitting together and not much communication between them unless necessary. However, if one looked closely, they would notice five girls all waring ears, tails, and sweaters with the school colors on them. You might also notice a trio of boys setting their interments up. The leader of this band, Flash Sentry, nodded to Rainbow Dash when they were ready. Seeing this, she began to bang her lunch tray rhythmically. Soon, the other girls all joined in, whether it be using their utensils or clapping.

Leaning against the wall of the lunchroom was Twilight's backpack, with Spike right inside. (Though fortunately no one seemed to notice him). Seeing that the other girls were ready, he turned on the MP3 player nearby, starting up music with the same beat the girls had, blasting it all over the cafeteria. Flash's band also began to start playing.

Suddenly the girls all got up from their seats and started singing!

Hey, hey, everybody
We've got something to say
We may seem as different
As the night is from day
But you look a little deeper
And you will see
That I'm just like you
And you're just like me.
Yeah!

The song was catchy and soon the other student began to listen and clap along. It encouraged them, telling them that why they may seem different on the outside, deep down they had more in common with each other than they thought.


So get up get down
If you're gonna come around
We can work together
Helping Twilight win the crown
So get up get down
'Cause it's gonna make a sound
If we work together
Helping Twilight Sparkle
Win the crown!

Each girl sang about their friendship, about how they might have let petty differences drive them apart, but Twilight Sparkle helped them see past that and brought them back together in harmony.

Generous, Honesty
Laughter, Kindness, Loyalty

The girls pulled open the doors, revealing Twilight Sparkled donned in her new school colors. Then she began to sing in a voice so beautiful even the other girls were surprised for a moment.

I'm gonna be myself
No matter what I do
And if we're different yeah
I want you to be true to you
If you follow me
We'll put our differences aside
We'll stick together and
Start working on that school pride!

The girls began passing around ears and tails, which the students eagerly grabbed and put on. The song was in full swing now, everyone was dancing and singing along with new and old friends. Suddenly it was if social labels never existed, what mattered is that they were Wondercolts! The girls continued to sing and dance.

Jump up make a sound (Hey!)
Stomp your hooves turn around
Start now, make a change,
Gonna come around
Jump up make a sound (Hey!)
Stomp your hooves turn around
Canterlot Wondercolts
Help her win the crown!


While the whole cafeteria was caught up in the music, not everyone was enjoying it. Sunset Shimmer peered in to the cafeteria from the hall. To say she was furious was an understatement. She continued to watch and Twilight completely undid all the work she had put into over the years to separate everyone. At this rate, she was going to win for sure! Sunset turned around and saw Snips and Snails also decked out in CHS gear and dancing to the music. Sunset had had enough.

"Take those off! I have something I need you to do."

If she couldn't stop Twilight from winning by using the students, then she would have to use another approach to stop her.


The day of the dance arrived, and everyone was in the spirit of things. Everywhere you looked you could see student in wondercolt gear hanging out with people they wouldn't have last week. And in the center of it all were six teenage girls.

Everywhere they went people greeted them with smiled and waves, especially to Twilight.

"Hey Twilight!"

"Loved your song yesterday!"

"Yeah! You've totally got my vote!"

"Mine too!"

Twilight blushed, ever since yesterday she had gotten comments like that from everybody she walked by. From the looks of it, nearly everyone in school was going to vote for her! She had never felt so popular in her entire life!

"This is so awesome!" Rainbow beamed. "You're a shoo-in to win now!"

"Yeah." Twilight said. "And I couldn't have done this without any of you! I can't thank you girls, or Flash, enough for any of this."

"Ain't no sweat Twi. Anything for a friend." Applejack replied. This time, Twilight didn't feel any discomfort when Applejack called her a friend and just smiled. She hadn't felt this good with other people since she and Sunset were kids.

The good feeling ended when she saw Applejack frown at something. She turned to see what it was and saw Sunset strutting confidently down the hall, her two lackeys right behind her.

"Don't know what she's smilin' about. Twilight's the one that's gonna be Princess of the Fall Formal."

They watched as Sunset knocked on a nearby door, which opened to reveal a woman with beautiful blue hair and skin.

"Vice Principal Luna!" Sunset exclaimed with worry, "Come quick. Something terrible has happened!"


The gym was a wreck, to put it mildly. Streamers were torn, balloons were popped, and tables and chairs and been flipped over and even damaged.

" Isn't this just awful? And after Pinkie Pie worked so hard to make things so perfect! Why would Twilight Sparkle do something like this?" Sunset proclaimed, her voice full of fake innocence. Luna eyed her skeptically, not completely bought by the act as some other teacher might.

"Why would you think Twilight was responsible for something like this?" Sunset just smiled confidently and produced a vanilla file.

"Because I have proof."

As this exchange was going on, another party was listening in, namely one Flash Sentry. He had seen Sunset walking with Luna and decided to follow them to see what was up. Realizing what Sunset was up to, he decided he had to do something. Confronting Sunset now was too reckless and risky. He would need to do his own investigation, and fast.

Author's Note:

Sorry if this chapter feels a it rushed, but hey, we're finally in the home-run! :twilightblush: