• Published 17th Jul 2017
  • 1,785 Views, 29 Comments

Elements of Equestria - Bookpony579



In a world full of magic, can Twilight defeat Sunset and discover who she's meant to be?

  • ...
4
 29
 1,785

Chapter 1

Twilight Sparkle, a teenage girl with smooth purple skin, luxurious indigo hair with pink and purple streaks, and beautiful violet eyes, was considered by many who met her to be the most intelligent girl they ever knew. She was at the top of her class and received high marks and praise from her teachers in nearly every subject at school. Of course; her intellect was only matched by her talent with magic. She was capable of performing spells that even mages twice her age couldn't. So it came as a surprise when those people learned that she didn't continue to focus on her magical studies at magic school. They were not surprised when she told them she attended Crystal Prep Academy, one of the top private schools in the city of Canterlot. Only the best of the best went there, and they even had an top rated magic program for the resident mage students. One would think she had it all.

However, Twilight was not happy there. The other students were overachievers who were cold and distant and constantly gave Twilight a hard time. They looked down on anyone who didn't go there or do anything of note by yourself. They considered themselves to be the best and if you didn't share their attitude you were an outcast, as was poor Twilight.

All that would change, however, when one day out of the blue she told her parents she wanted to transfer to a different school. And the name of the school? Why, Crystal Prep's very own rival school: Canterlot High.

On her last day at Crystal Prep, Twilight was carrying a box while dodging through the barrage of students in the all, everyone (including herself) clad in their pristine uniforms. Upon reacher her locker she sighed with relief, having avoided being tripped or bumped into this time around. She opened her locker to collect her books when suddenly...

"AAAAAGH!" Twilight cried in terror as vicious snakes jumped out at her from her locker! She closed as she remained frozen with fear. She felt their cold, scaly bodies on her waiting for the right moment to kill her when she started to hear laughing. She opened her eyes and took a quick look at one of the "snakes". The illusion had faded revealing them as nothing more than rubber. Of course... She sighed and turned around to find two girls standing out among the group of students now laughing at her. The first had lime green hair and pink skin and wearing a set of headphones. The other had indigo hair with blue streaks styled to resemble a mohawk accessorized with a pair of goggles. Once they finally came down laughing high's they finally addressed her.

"Hahaha....You should've seen your face Dorkle!" Indigo Zap said with a chortle.

"Just think of it as going away present." Lemon Zest chimed with slightly less maliciousness than her friend.

"More like a 'good riddance' present. Good luck at Canternot Dorkle!" Indigo taunted as she and Lemon walked off to their own lockers.

Twilight just rolled her eyes, ignoring the people still chuckling at her expense, removed the rubber snakes and got to work clearing out her incredibly organized locker. She made sure to take out every textbook, notebook and pencil. She didn't want the next student who got her locker to think she was lazy and sloppy.

"So are you really are transferring to Canterlot High?" asked a monotone voice. Twilight jumped and her locker slammed closed revealing a girl with orange glassed and white hair in two giant pigtails. She wore a stoic expression revealing nothing of what she was actually feeling.

Oh...Hi Sugarcoat" Twilight addressed her once she calmed down. "And yes, I start on Monday."

"Im surprised, considering how low rate that school is compared to this one."

"Well..." said Twilight nervously "I figured it was time to....see what more is out there and...broaden my horizons..y'know?" Twilight gave a nervous smile. "Besides, I hear their magic program is very good and they've still done pretty good academically and athletically speaking."

Sugarcoat narrowed her eyes, sensing that Twilight was hiding something. After a full minute she just said "Well have fun. But don't expect us to be happy to see you next time our schools come together." With that she briskly turned around and walked away, leaving a defeated looking Twilight.

Twilight sighed yet again and picked up her box, she had already cleaned out her locker anyway, and began to head down the hall. Once she turned the corner however she crashed into someone. She landed on her behind, box thankfully still in her hands and looked at the person she definitely did not want to run into today.

"Hey watch it!" cried out the girl Twilight had bumped into. Like Twilight, she had landed on her behind too. This girl had bobbed purple hair and light blue skin. Her friend, standing a few feet behind her and smirking at Twilight had bright yellow skin with freckled along with pink hair with green striped tied up in a ponytail.

"Oops! Sorry Sunny!" Twilight quickly apologized as she got back on her feet.

Sunny Flare rolled her eyes as she stood up. "Whatever. Just try not to be a total dweeb at your new school. We don't want them to know we let a nerd like you in. Think about our image!" Sunny stated as she glared at Twilight.

"Aw I'm sure it'll be great!" Sour Sweet added, joining the conversation. "Maybe you'll find someone even lamer than you are to be your friend!"

Sunny snickered and linked her arm with Sour's. Both girls walked away still giggling while Twilight looked even more depressed than before and continued on.


As soon as she entered an out-of-the-way room and set her box on a nearby table, Twilight was pounced on by a purple and green fluff-ball that began to lick her face excitedly.

"Woah! Woah! Easy Spike! Easy!" Twilight giggled as Spike, her loyal (and adorable) puppy leaped back on the floor. Even though pets were against the rules, Twilight often snuck Spike in with her to help her get through the day as he always knew how to cheer her up. Now that she was going to Canterlot High, she hoped that would change as she usually didn't like breaking the rules.

Twilight began packing up her makeshift lab as Spike began to entertain himself by chasing his tail. She was given use of the room for personal projects and often used it when she got tired of everyone else. She was just about finished was someone knocked on the door and it opened, revealing an older woman. She was beautiful with pink skin and hair with several colorful stripes running through it. She was the dean of Crystal Prep and if you looked hard you could just see the little bump of her stomach as the only proof that she was six months pregnant with her first child.

"Oh! Hi Dean Cadence." Twilight cheerfully greeted her. Cadence was one of the few people at Crystal Prep who were not cold and hostile. In fact Cadence was very loving and was constantly surrounded by an aura of warmth and affection. She also knew that Twilight brought Spike in often but kept quiet so long as twilight kept him under control.

"Oh Twilight I'm not your Dean anymore. After today I'll just be your regular sister-in-law." She said smiling warmly at the girl she used to babysit back in high school. "Did you finish packing?"

Twilight nodded "Yup! I'm all set to start Canterlot High on Monday!"

Just then a box holding some equipment on the edge of a table fell over. Before Twilight could do anything, the box was surrounded by a light blue aura and levitated securely back on the table.

Twilight turned back to the Dean "Thanks Cadence, but aren't you supposed to be taking it easy with the baby?"

Cadence rolled her eyes but continued to smile. "I'm pregnant not helpless. I get enough of that from your brother." she said teasingly. "It's going to be really weird to be here without you but I'm sure you'll have a good time at Canterlot High. My aunties were so excited when they heard you wanted to transfer there. They can't wait to see you again."

Twilight smiled fondly but stopped when Cadence continued "You might even make some friends!"

Twilight paused for a moment as processed her sister in law's words until finally giving a resounding, "Oh"

Unfortunately for Cadence Twilight had no intention of making friends here or at Canterlot High. She just wanted to be left alone in her studies until she graduated high school, went off to college and became a full on mage or even a scientist. Twilight didn't know exactly what she wanted to to do yet but friends were not part of any of those scenarios. Besides, it wasn't as though she could tell Cadence the real reason for transferring unless she wanted to sound like a complete lunatic.

Cadence, sensing Twilight's hesitation continued, "This is a whole new start for you. A brand new adventure. A chance to meet new people and who knows...you might even find that special someone." She said with a wink.

Twilight rolled her eyes at her sisters not so subtle suggestion to meet people. After promising to see each other at dinner that night, Cadence left and Twilight turned towards Spike.

"I don't know what she's so insistent on me making friends. It's High School it'll probably be no different there than here. I mean what could possibly happen?"

Author's Note:

Yeah I know I seemed a little harsh to Twilight but I just wanted to make clear that Twilight does NOT fit in at Crystal Prep. I know it's often said in the movies and books but subtlety is not my style. This along with a past experiences has shaped her to be isolated from people and make her think friends are not for her.

Anyway feel free to leave a comment.