• Published 17th Jul 2017
  • 1,766 Views, 29 Comments

Elements of Equestria - Bookpony579



In a world full of magic, can Twilight defeat Sunset and discover who she's meant to be?

  • ...
4
 29
 1,766

Epilogue

Sunset stood nervously outside the council chambers, she was too nervous and fidgety to sit. In there, the magic council, the mayor, Celestia, Luna, and the girls were all discussing what to do with her.

Sunset considered the possibilities. Twilight said she forgave her, but what about all the others? They were probably looking through her records and finding out all the other devious stuff she's done. If she were lucky, maybe she would just be sent to juvie again. On the other hand, she could be banished, or imprisoned, or banished and imprisoned in the place she was banished too! She could also be sent to tartarus, where they sent the worst of the monsters, and that's pretty much what she turned into last night.

As she was wondering about each scenario, the door opened, revealing Luna. She gestured for Sunset to come in. Time to face the music... Sunset thought as she entered.

The council, mayor and girls (back to normal after their pony parts vanished a few hours ago), sat at a round table in the center of the room. As Luna returned to her seat next to Celestia, Sunset braced herself for what they had in store for her.

"Sunset Shimmer." Mayor Mare stood and addressed her. "By a near unanimous vote, you are found 'guilty' of: misuse of magic, theft, blackmail, bullying, and attempting to take over the world." Sunset hung her head, as though preparing for an executioner to chop it off. The mayor continued.

"We've been discussing various punishments for you, but after a convincing argument from these girls and your principals, we've agreed to the terms they set out." Sunset looked up again, surprised.

"Due to your age, and the testimonies of those here today, we have decided on: probation and reformation." Sunset couldn't believe what she was hearing. She looked at Twilight, who just smiled and let the mayor continue.

"You will continue to attend Canterlot High, but under the strict supervision of these girls and the Principals, along with several weeks of detention. They will make note of your actions and attitude. They will also see to it that you learn the, uh..." The mayor looked at her notes again. "..'the Magic of Friendship!'" The mayor nodded, signaling that she was done. Sunset just stood there with a look of shock. The girls jumped out of their seats and rushed up to her. Pinkie immediately grabbed Sunset in a big hug.

"Isn't this great! You'll still be able to go to school with us! And this time we'll all be besties! Well, technically bestie parol officers, but that'll be fun too!"

Sunset looked to each of the girls. "Your..willing to do this...for me?"

Twilight nodded and slung her arm across Sunset's shoulders. "Of course. Like I said, I forgive you, and besides...I can't learn the 'Magic of Friendship' without all of my friends!"

"Sunset could only smile while wiping away the tears that were forming. "Thank you."

"No matter what may have happened, your still our student and it's our job to guide you and help you grow." Celestia said, looking to her sister, who nodded in agreement.

"Now onto the other matter at hand..." The mayor spoke again, grabbing everybody's attention. "We have decided to fully acknowledge and announce your status as the new bearers of the Elements of Harmony to the general public, though the actual artifacts will be given to Celestia and Luna both for safekeeping and convenience in case of emergencies. You six girls will also be given the title of 'Defenders of the Land' so that when trouble arises, we can call on you to help with it. Is that alright?" The girls nodded eagerly (or not-so-eagerly in Fluttershy's case).

""Alright'? It's AWESOME!" Rainbow exclaimed.

"In accordance with these responsibilities, you will be given special training from Celestia and Luna here, in place of your regular magic courses." The mayor nodded to the aforementioned women.

"Looks like you'll get to be our personal student again Twilight!" Celestia said cheerfully.

"Now I believes that covers pretty much everything. Celestia and Luna gave give you more details later on. If Sunset doesn't mind staying here for a few more minutes, you girls are free to go." The girls looked at Sunset, then at the Principals, who all nodded reassuringly, allowing the girls to leave.


As the girls left town hall, it was only midday.

"So what happens now ya'll?" Applejack asked. "Elements of Harmony, 'Defenders of the Land'?"

"What happens now is that we're heroes!" Rainbow declared, pumping her fists in the air. "Travel, adventure, monsters! This is gonna be awesome!"

"M-Monsters?" Fluttershy squeaked, her eyes going wide.

"This is gonna be so much FUN!" Pinkie exclaimed before gasping. "Ooh! Maybe we'll develop some cool new superpowers along the way! Isn't this so exciting!? Then we'll be real superheroes!"

"Hmmm. Well I would look darling in a dashing cape and jumpsuit.." Rarity said, thinking up superhero costume designs for her and her friends.

"We've got a huge responsibility on out shoulders girl." Twilight said, capturing everyone's attention. "I don't know why we were chosen for these roles but I do know one thing: I couldn't have chosen any better bearers and friends then you all. No matter what comes our way in the future, I'm confident we'll be able to handle it together. As friends!" The girls cheerfully agreed and entered a huge group hug before separating to inform their families of this latest development.

Unknown to the girls, a mysterious woman was watching them and listening what they were saying. Upon hearing Twilight's declaration, she smiled and nodded before vanishing in the blink of an eye.

A new era was coming, and those girls would be the ones to bring it about.

Author's Note:

And this brings an end to my first fanfiction on this site. Thanks to everyone for liking this and giving me the encouragement to continue. For those of you who enjoy my work, don't worry. I've got plenty of original story ideas that I've been thinking about for years.

Now, any new stories I write will take place after Rainbow Rocks and before Friendship Games (see my blog for more details).

Hope to see you soon!

Comments ( 7 )

Hey there. Superb job on this epilogue. :-D I love how well they balanced punishment with compassion in Sunset's case as well as the new Element Bearer's reactions to their new roles. I'll most assuredly be looking forward to seeing whatever else you come up with for this series. :-D

8349427
Thank you again! :twilightblush:

I look forward to hearing what you have to say! :raritywink:

8349449
Again, you're quite welcome.

And, I'll try very hard to think of some stuff to say. I'm not exactly a professional critic, of course.

Finds interesting story
Discovers it's a sequel
Goes through 10+ sequels until finally finds this story, the beginning of all 10+ stories

man I have a lot to read! :rainbowdetermined2:

9047792
Thank you! :twilightsheepish:
Glad you like it!:pinkiehappy:
.......yeah I like to write and I don't make my chapters too long.

9047792
Same. Same. Looks like I won’t be getting any sleep for the next month.

9065887
Thank you! :pinkiehappy:
It's comments like those that make me feel like a good writer! :twilightblush:

Login or register to comment