• Published 1st Aug 2017
  • 1,770 Views, 12 Comments

Daughter of Sunburst - Creativa-Artly01



Sunset shares the truth of who her father is which shocks everypony.

  • ...
5
 12
 1,770

Chapter 8

A few hours later, Sunburst returns to his house and to Sunset Shimmer lounging and reading her newly purchased book on the couch. "How was your breakfast outing?" asks Sunset passively.

"It went well, thank you," replies Sunburst.

"Are you and Starlight close, like close close?" asks Sunset.

"Yes, but that's understandable, she was my foalhood best friend and is now my marefriend," replies Sunburst.

"Just curious, whatever happened to mom?" asks Sunset.

Sunburst sighs, "she had a heart attack not long after you left us for your training with the princess."

"I, I, I had no idea," replies Sunset running over and embracing her father in a hug with tears in her eyes, "I really and truly had no idea."

"It's understandable that you had no idea, how would you know? Celestia wouldn't let you write to us that often since she had you busy doing lessons every hour of every day."

The two continue to talk about things Sunset missed while under Celestia's tutelage for hours on end. By the end of it, Sunset knows a whole lot more not only about her father, but her deceased mother and Starlight as well. Sunset then bursts back into tears and Sunburst goes over and comforts her. He then gives her some space, so she can let it all soak in. She needs some time to herself, so Sunburst sees this as a good time to go spend some more time with Starlight. After all, he does have a surprise for her that he wants to share with her as soon as possible.