• Published 1st Aug 2017
  • 1,770 Views, 12 Comments

Daughter of Sunburst - Creativa-Artly01



Sunset shares the truth of who her father is which shocks everypony.

  • ...
5
 12
 1,770

Chapter 12

The next day, Sunset is out for tea with Twilight Sparkle.

"So," says Sunset, "everything is changing. I have a step mother now. Granted, I don't hate Starlight, but I always thought it was just going to be me and dad, just the two of us, ya know?"

"Well, your father has moved on, you should've expected him to end up with Starlight. After all, the two of them were childhood friends. Him marrying her was the next logical step."

"I guess you're right." Sunset takes a sip of tea. Twilight does the same.

"Do you want to go to the book store after tea? It might get your mind off of everything."

"Yeah, that would be nice," replies Sunset with a smile slowly appearing on her face.

A few hours later, the two finish up tea and head for the book store and delve right into reading for seven hours straight. Sunset can't help but admit Twilight was right. Reading really does get her mind off of everything that is going on around her. She even realizes that she's actually really okay with her father's marriage. She realizes that she is just a little jealous and that she'll get over it within the month. She's relieved at this realization. Meanwhile, Twilight is in deep in one of the several volumes of the Haycart Method. The book store is her favorite place and to Sunset, that is clear as day. She happily pulls out her mother's diary from her sack and begins to read it once again. After all, she can't help but be curious of what her mother was up to while she was away on the days before she passed away.

After three hours, Sunset returns the diary to her bag and she and Twilight leave the book store and then go their separate ways. Twilight returns to Ponyville and Sunset returns to her father's house to get some much needed rest. The two share a hug before parting. They're glad they got to share the day together. For them, it's always fun to be together especially if it includes a place that is filled to the brim with books.