• Published 17th Jul 2017
  • 476 Views, 4 Comments

What Lies Behind Green Eyes - Sky Feather



A young filly with no one to look to for several years is trying her best to get some answers about her past, and her family's. (With a little help from Princess Luna.)

  • ...
 4
 476

Chapter 2: Oliver

Chapter 2: Oliver

Abby wakes me up at 5 in the morning to go for a sunrise stroll, even though I prefer sunsets. She likes sunrises more though, probably just to wake me up at some awful hour. I get up, knowing it’ll be cold when I exit my cottage. So I throw on a coat and head outside. I was right, it was freezing. I immediately head back to the cottage in hopes of staying warm. As I galloped towards my destination, I waited for Abby to turn me back around and make me turn into a pony-sicle.

I was slightly surprised when she didn’t hold me back from going back home. Maybe she was freezing too, especially since I didn’t cover my head. Haha, I pity her not. She can go die --- I’m sorry Abby! I didn’t cover you when I went out on my morning walk, what can I ever do to repay you? --- FFFFF --- I love you ABBY! I LOVE YOUUUUU!!!!! --- STOOOOOOOOOOP!!!!!!

I run outside to the nearest tree and ram my head into it. Specifically my horn. For a good ten minutes, I continued to injure my horn. Becoming weaker, I began to slow down my hits, but increase the force. My horn began to acquire a purple aura. Then Abby takes the form of a timberwolf and bites into my back with her piercing fangs. I start to bleed but it doesn’t stop me. I can hear my horn cracking, the aura is getting weaker. Good. It’s working. With one final thrust, I break my horn in two. Shortly after, I become dizzy and nauseous. I fall to the cold snow as my vision slowly fades.

⚜ ⚜ ⚜ ⚜ ⚜

I wake up to find myself in a bed with a cup of coffee next to me on a desk with a dimmed lamp. This isn’t home. Am I in a hospital? I look around and notice there are family pictures on the walls. A mare and a stallion with their colt. He had a small smirk in every picture. There was something about the colt that just made me smile, I don’t know why, it just did. But then I realized they were the same ponies in each picture. Every single one. Oh no.

I was in a house! I have to get out right now, right now!!! Right as I started to flop around in the sheets attempting to escape, I saw a figure in the doorway. It was the colt who smirked in the pictures. He immediately rushed to my side as he saw me rustling around. “Don’t move, it’ll only hurt more!” he tried to calm me down.

“I don’t know you!” I scream. I immediately cover my mouth with regret. He chuckles.

“Don’t worry, my parents aren’t home so they won’t freak out about having a stranger in the house”, he says with ease. He offers me the coffee that was resting on the table from earlier.

Immediately gulping down the warm, chocolatey drink. He lets out a sigh of relief as I smile and thank him. “As soon as I saw you outside on the ground I panicked. You looked so weak. You couldn’t really speak clearly, but I understood enough.” I looked up, alerted.

“…What did I say?” I couldn’t remember anything before waking up, at least not at the moment. He starts to giggle like a filly who just got a new toy.

“You said I was cute and that you wanted to marry me, at least that’s what I made out of it.” My face automatically turned a bright shade of red.
“I-I’m sorry… Uhm…”
“No, no, it’s alright. It was funny. Don’t worry about it.” His dark brown eyes seemed to calm me, somehow.

“Hey, what’s your name?” I blurt out without thinking.

“Oliver”, he replies smoothly. “You?” I look down and smile.

“Emerald, but you can call me Emma.” Oliver tilts his head slightly and compliments my name with a typical “cool name” response. I thank him and blush a little. His eyes then trail up to my now destroyed horn. His smirk fell into a concerned frown.

“What happened to your horn?” he asked with a worried tone, I could tell. Pausing my casual sips of the second serving of coffee, I simply lied and said I tripped and hit a rock on my head. Oliver’s look didn’t change. “I didn’t see any rocks around… Are you sure it was a rock?”

All I say is “yes”. I continue to sip my coffee to sound less conspicuous.

Author's Note:

Yes this story has some romance, but it's not enough to tag it.