• Published 17th Jul 2017
  • 466 Views, 4 Comments

What Lies Behind Green Eyes - Sky Feather



A young filly with no one to look to for several years is trying her best to get some answers about her past, and her family's. (With a little help from Princess Luna.)

  • ...
 4
 466

Chapter 6: Peasant

Author's Note:

Ooh spoopy... Anyway.
So this chapter is a little violent, and has very minor language.

Chapter 6: Peasant

As we exited the cave, we started talking about how the whole situation was crazy. “I’m glad it’s done with”, I sighed with relief. The princess of the night nodded in agreement.

“It was indeed interesting, I don’t think I’ve encountered such a spirit. Hmm. Yet it seems so familar...” She suddenly gasped in disbelief.

"What’s wrong, princess?” I ask, as a feeling of intense worry glides over me like a ghost about to scare somepony.

Luna looks to me and screams “Where did the spirit go?!” Oh no. The spirit…

“Luna, the spirit haunts whatever it takes the form of last, or last inhabited.” This is NOT good. Abby is either infesting the Mirror Pool, or is haunting the second most powerful being alive.

“Luna, do you feel anything in your horn? She is a creature that defects pony’s lives and feeds on their magic.” She shook her head to say ‘no’.

“I only feel fear for what the future may hold.” Luna sprints back to the cave, so fast that the nearby trees swayed in her breeze. I just decide to teleport into the Mirror Pool’s cave. What I see is the most terrific scene ever to be seen. The evil mass had cornered herself, and was just screaming. No rhyme or reason as far as I know.

"Abby?” I, out of stupidity, got closer to the sobbing spirit. “Is something wrong?” She looked up at me, her eyes bloodshot red.

“Emma, she’s too strong. She’s hurting me. All I can see is the darkness of her heart and the nothingness of her soul. Her soul… is nonexistent.”

“Who?” I questioned, begging for answers. Abby has never acted like this.

“The vile beast you call ‘the princess of the night’ is the problem. All I wanted was her magic-” I stopped her in her tracks.

”Princess Luna is not a BEAST!” I shout, clearly angered by what she said. “Princess Luna is a lovely, humble, and honest pony who is just as pure as the sun’s rays when they first peer over the Dragon Mountains. And you beg to state she is a beast. Explain yourself, peasant.” This made Abby very mad. She began to snarl.

“YOU CALL ME PEASANT? YOU ARE THE ONE WHO GETS BEAT TO THE GROUND, AND NOT KNOWING ANY BETTER, CRAWLS BACK BEGGING FOR MORE. SO REALLY, WHO’S THE PEASANT?!”

My horn begins to glow without me realizing what I was doing. Abby was soon in the air, surrounded by what appeared to be my magical aura. “YOUR MAGIC IS NOT SUPPOSED TO WORK! HOW ARE YOU-” Before she finished her sentence, my magic was bashing her pony form to the ground, knocking out teeth and breaking bones. Then to the walls. Then back to the floor. I started to laugh hysterically as she was tossed across the cave. As soon as Abby became motionless, Princess Luna had barged in.

“Emma? What are you doing?!” She, completely flabbergasted, called.

Before I could think, I blurted out, “She’s done it! She’s pissed me off!” Luna, a little confused, attempts to take Abby out of my magical possession. “Let me kill her! She’s done enough!” I scream.

Luna, managing to take her from my grasp, and says “No. It is my turn to handle the situation.” Luna bubbles herself (and Abby) in an enclosed area that I cannot pass. I see her examine the malevolent being closely, looking for a clue to where she came from. I walked up to the magic bubble and tapped on it. I loudly stated that it was getting late, and she must raise the moon soon.

She slowly lowered the bubble, still holding on to Abby. “Come with me. I’d like to show you something.” I nod, she sends the bubble off somewhere, and I follow her out of the cave. We go down the path we came, it just looks darker. Not with sight, but by power. The trees appear to look more observant, almost if they were watching us. “I would like to bring you to the Royal Spirit Vault to show you what happens when we find creatures like this.”

“I didn’t think Abby was THIS major”, I claimed. Luna shot me a glance of mystery and legend, almost to tell a story of what she has faced. “Was it like…Nightmare?”

She looked up and stopped. “Not quite.”