• Published 17th Jul 2017
  • 476 Views, 4 Comments

What Lies Behind Green Eyes - Sky Feather



A young filly with no one to look to for several years is trying her best to get some answers about her past, and her family's. (With a little help from Princess Luna.)

  • ...
 4
 476

Chapter 8: Answers

Chapter 8: Answers

Princess Luna and I were almost to the castle when Oliver appeared out of nowhere. “WHERE HAVE YOU TWO BEEN? I’VE BEEN SEARCHING EVERYWHERE FOR YOU!” He screeches. Luna and I look at each other and laugh. Oliver was obviously not amused, but puzzled.

“We got lost in the forest after finding Abby and banishing her”, Luna calmly lied like this was a normal thing for her. She winked at me behind her wing and we shared a quiet laugh. How come she was so nice to me? , I wondered.

After bringing Oliver to his home, Luna and I headed back to Canterlot. She looked to me and said, “You know, I don’t know much about you. What are you like?” The question seemed difficult to answer. I didn’t really know what I was like. I never thought about myself all that much, let alone what I was like.

“I can’t say I know the answer. I know very little about my life, funnily enough, and what's around me. But I do research quite often about mythical creatures and where to find them, what they do, and just some other background information. I like to read survival tips too.” She smiled.

“Who’s the author of the first book you mentioned, young filly?” The princess asked. "It sounds interestingly familar."

“Star Swirl the Bearded, he didn’t just write spells, he wrote about creatures he came across on his many journeys across the land.”

The alicorn’s eyes lit up. “You like Star Swirl’s reads, hmm? You do know there was a talented unicorn who became an alicorn princess for reading his books?” She shot me a glance of determination, and a little bit of support.

I immediately respond with a quick “No, I couldn’t. I would put ponykind at risk with such power. Not intentionally, but if Abby comes back-”

“Emma, the spirit is currently paralyzed. When we get back to the castle, we are going to put her in the Spirit Vault.”

“Spirit Vault? Princess Luna, what do you-”

“Ah hah! We are here now. Follow me young filly.”

The entrance of the castle was guarded by four guards. Two solar, two lunar. They shot a glance at me, looking prejudicial. “Moony Moony up at Noony”, she said.

“Permission to Enter: Access granted.” The guards uncrossed their long spears and made way for us. I smirked as I realized that is how she got in, 'moony moony up at noony' was her password.

“Nice password, Luna”, I sneered. Baffled, she alicorn turned around and laughed.

“I made that password when I was a wee filly”, she snickered. "I kept the password since it brings back wonderful memories of when Tia and I were young and reckless... irresponsible... we didn't have to rule, just play in the castle and its many gardens."

The castle was so…beautiful, yet daunting. I was in a castle of the most two powerful beings in Equestria! Oh wow!

“Before we visit the vault, let’s go to my sister first. I believe she can gather information about your past.” I wasn’t sure why, but I didn’t exactly want to find out what happened at the beginning of my life.

Author's Note:

Will the next chapter reveal what caused this catastrophy to occur?