• Published 17th Jul 2017
  • 468 Views, 4 Comments

What Lies Behind Green Eyes - Sky Feather



A young filly with no one to look to for several years is trying her best to get some answers about her past, and her family's. (With a little help from Princess Luna.)

  • ...
 4
 468

Chapter 4: Stargazing

Author's Note:

This chapter is pretty short. The next one may take a while to write. If you have any questions or suggestions about this story, please do let me know down below! :pinkiesmile:

Chapter 4: Stargazing

We looked at the stars for about 20 minutes, just casually watching them pass by. Sprinter turns to me with the sweetest look. I try to play it off and continue pointing out the constellations, until he spoke. “Emma, has anypony told you how beautiful you look?” My face, I swear, was as red as a cherry that night.

“I…I don’t think so…” He smiled.

“Well, you are, and I have never seen any mare as gorgeous as you.”

“Thank you, you too-” He burst out laughing. I realized what I had said. “Um I mean you’re handsome! Handsome, not gorgeous, sorry!” At this point I wasn’t sure what was making my face more red, how flattered I was or the embarrassment. Very slowly, smiles stretched across our faces and we began to chuckle loudly. We later headed inside, and I decide to head to bed. He decides to sleep on the couch, but says goodnight before he rests. I reply with the same sentence.

⭐✨🌙✨⭐

The next morning, I woke up to see a colt on the floor, snoring. I guess he fell off the couch. I laugh to myself. So I get up, make toast, and head outside to get some fresh air. The snow melted completely, in fact it was unusually warm out here. Just last night, the snow was up to 24 inches. Where did it go? It was pretty odd, but it wasn’t extraordinarily weird. Until I hear a gasp of shock from the door.

I looked over to see an astounded Sprinter. He looked a bit ruffled up, I guess that’s because he fell. I guess this weather was unusual for civilized ponies like himself. I honestly didn’t understand the problem. “The climate was expected to be freezing temperatures!!!”

“Expected?” I ask, with certainty it was merely a false prediction.

“The pegasi control the weather, there isn’t supposed to be warmth yet!” He screeches. “Something is wrong!!!” I clearly didn’t understand.

He said he’d head into town and see if anypony else noticed the issue with the snow. “You want to tag along?” He asks.

“I don’t know, I may still be dangerous.”

He gave me a stern look. “Emma, that thing is out of your horn…for now. You should be fine.” Still feeling a little uncertain, I follow him into town anyway.