• Published 15th Jul 2017
  • 842 Views, 179 Comments

Elements of Heroism: Season 3 - Bahamut0



Burst's life is pretty good. He's got a literal goddess for a girlfriend, and tons of great friends. However, a face from his father's past has now dawned. For now, another son of Aether has arrived.

  • ...
3
 179
 842

Episode 5: Acceptance

Celestia took a peek over the iconic balcony on which she'd usually made important declarations or announcements. As per usual, a huge crowd had gathered on the ground below. All of them anticipating the words their beloved princess had to say. 'I just hope they don't think I'm crazy.' Celestia let out a sigh as she contemplated the uncertain outcome.

"Troubled sister?" Luna asked. "Our people love us." She then put a hand on her older sister's shoulder. "It will be difficult, but..." Luna looked to Moon sitting happily next to Burst. "...something tells me they'll come around to her soon enough."

Celestia took a deep breath. "I hope so." Memories of the last night were still racing through Celestia's mind. As well as the guilt she felt for harboring so much prejudice towards Moon. "Because I don't know what they'll have a harder time accepting. Us for forgiving Nightma-...Moon, or Moon herself for walking among them." Another sigh escaped the lungs of the sun princess. "But I suppose there's no use in delaying this moment. Let's go." Celestia and Luna stepped out onto the balcony, and addressed the crowd below. "Citizens of Equestria, hear me!" The entire crowd's ears were instantly trained on Celestia. "As you know, my dear sister Princess Luna was returned to me after being purged of Nightmare Moon. However, I learned of another truth of this matter from Luna herself. Luna did not transform into Nightmare Moon. Rather, she became one with Nightmare Moon. The avatar that tried to bring about eternal night was not my sister's dark side made physical, but another entity entirely." All of the crowd was in shock at the announcement. "But there is more. Nightmare Moon was an entity Luna created because of my neglect of her and my own ignorance of her isolation. But my sister's negative feelings heavily influenced the new being she created. Whose sole purpose was to make her happy, and was still incomplete. Lacking in intelligence and heavily driven by Luna's negative thoughts, she knew of only one way to make everyone love the night as Luna did. To make it eternal." Celestia saw looks of sympathy in the crowd, but she wasn't sure who the looks were for. "And upon her and Luna's return, she had great regret for her actions. However, it was buried under all the rage and envy. That is, until the Elements of Harmony separated and purged the dark intent from her. And now, here she stands." Celestia moved aside, and Moon stepped forth. "And so, Luna and I have pardoned her."

As moon looked over the crowd, she noted the mixed reactions on their faces. Some had uneasy smiles, others had confused looks, some had fearful expressions on their faces, and some. She had expected such an outcome. "Listen well." Moon said as she addressed the crowd. "I truly do regret my actions. However, none of you have to like me just because your princesses pardoned me. I didn't expect any of you to have any sympathy for me. And you don't need to. If you still hold me responsible, if you still want to blame me, go ahead. Just know that I don't care. Luna is happy now. That's all I care about." Moon looked over the shocked and awed looks of the crowd. "That's all for me. Peace out!" Moon smiled as she went back inside, and grabbed onto Burst. "So. Care to show me around your place?" As the group left on the train home, news travelled fast about Moon's true origins. And understandably, many of Equestria's citizens were uneasy about Moon being alive. Let alone living among them. However, the one fact that gave them comfort was that she was under watch by the very being who fought her off upon her return. As the ride went on though, Moon struck up a bit of a conversation with Rarity. "You've been eyeing my armor for quite some time. Rarity, right?"

"Indeed Miss Moon." Rarity said with a nod. "While I was certainly...uneasy about you living in Ponyville with us, I must nonetheless show some courtesy to you. I am a lady after all. As for your armor, I must say it certainly does have both style and function."

Moon let out a small chuckle. "Well, you'd be the first to say that."

"I've got a question." Twilight interjected. "You healed up Burst pretty fast. But even the most advanced healing spells I know of don't work that quickly."

Moon smirked. "I thought you were the smart one Twilight. You are the one who beat me when I returned. The effectiveness of healing spells amplifies with the more contact they have with their target. Burst healed so fast because I was snuggling with him the night that he crash landed in the old castle."

"I can't imagine snuggling against an armored avatar being all that comfy." Rainbow Dash said as she crossed her arms. "I know I haven't tried snuggling Steel with his Elite Guard armor on."

Steel chuckled at Rainbow Dash's remark. "And I never figured you as someone who enjoyed snuggling. But our time on the couch during Hearts Day would suggest otherwise."

"Excellent counter strike." Moon said with a giggle. "But who said I was wearing anything at all when I was holding Burst close?" All the girls' faces flushed red as they caught onto the meaning of Moon's phrasing. "I can see why Celestia had Burst stay with her on Hearths Warming. He makes such a lovely pillow."

Rarity was the first to find her voice. "Well...I certainly can't have you going about with only one outfit available to you. If you don't mind, I'd like to have a few outfits made for you."

Moon smiled kindly. "Sounds perfect. In fact, I'd like to get to know all of you this week."

"You sound mighty sociable for gettin' friendly with us." Applejack noted. "Especially since we hit ya with the Elements of Harmony when ya came back."

"Hey. I need to get other friends besides Burst, don't I?" Moon asked.

"Well if you're looking for the total package of awesomeness, I'm your girl!" Rainbow Dash boasted.

Moon giggled. "I like you already." The train soon arrived in Ponyville, and the group split up. Each of them heading for their respective homes. Moon noticed the stares she got as Burst led her to his home. "I think they feel a bit safer knowing you're standing guard over me."

"I hate that you see that in them, but I guess it's kind of true." Burst said with a shrug. "I've got an extra room for you, so that'll be where you sleep."

Moon frowned. "Does it bother you that much that we slept in the same bed?"

"What? No!" Burst shot back. "Well...kind of." Burst scratched his head. "Look. The only other person I've had contact that intimate with is Celestia. It's...not something I'm used to. Let alone doing it with someone who tried to kill me. But can I ask you why it bothers you that I don't want to share a bed?"

Moon held herself. "Luna was on the moon with me, but she couldn't stand to look at me. I felt alone during our entire imprisonment. Only able to take comfort in the fact it was just a matter of waiting until we returned." Moon then looked Burst right in the eye. "That night at the castle, when I was healing you, it felt so nice to hold onto someone. It made me so happy to know some form of togetherness. I...guess you could say I'm afraid of feeling alone again."

"Oh man..." Burst said with a sigh. "I guess...it'll be alright if we share my bed. BUT we're having Rarity make you some sleepwear first thing tomorrow." Burst was knocked to the ground as Moon pounced on him happily! Wrapping him in a tight hug. Still, Burst couldn't help but smile a bit as he saw the happy look on Moon's face. 'Well, it's not like she's trying to come onto me.' Burst set to work showing Moon how the various appliances in the house worked, as well as the entertainment devices he had lying around. He made a quick dinner, and the two headed off to bed after cleaning their dishes. However, Moon had decided to hold off on snuggling Burst this time around. 'Well, at least she's respecting the boundaries I have. Though...she is really nice to hold on to.' Burst snapped the latter part of his thought out of his mind, and quickly went to sleep. The next day, Burst took Moon to Carousel Boutique to have Rarity get some more clothes for her.

Needless to say, Rarity was in awe of Moon's figure. Fortunately, this excitement pushed Rarity to finish some undergarments for Moon within the hour. "Now that we've taken care of that darling, what sort of outfit did you have in mind?"

"Hmm." Moon gave the types of garments she'd wanted some careful thought. "I want...something that displays my looks. But at the same time also showcases my warrior-type spirit."

Rarity was practically beaming. "I've got just the thing!" Rarity zipped off, and soon returned with the outfit she had in mind. "Do try it on first to see if you like it."

Moon took the outfit, and went into the nearby changing room. When she emerged, she was decked out in the outfit Rarity had provided for her. The top was an azure tank top followed by blue jeans, black boots, and a black jacket that she wore over the tank top. "I must say..." Moon said as she looked over her reflection. "You certainly know how to make outfits that speak to their wearers. This exactly the look I wanted. Beautiful, but fierce at the same time. Could you call Burst in? I'd like to know what he thinks of it." Rarity called Burst in, and Moon struck a pose in her new outfit. "Well? How do I look Burst?"

"You really know what you like." Burst said with a smile. "Don't be afraid to take some time to look for other potential outfits."

Rarity nodded. "You needn't worry about size darling. The fabrics I've used for my garments can be magically altered to fit the wearers. Just show me the garment you're interested in, and I'll literally work my magic."

"All right." Moon said with a small smile. She soon returned with more garments in hand. Rarity soon cast a spell on the garments, and they were adjusted to Moon's size. "So how much do I owe you?"

Rarity waved her hand. "Please, darling. It would be a crime to charge you anything since your wardrobe is so sparse! These are on the house for today."

"Your element chose well." Moon said with a kind smile. "I've got no shame that you and your friends defeated me. You all embody your elements quite well." Rarity giggled at the compliment. "So where to next Burst?"

"First we'll drop off your extra clothes back home." Burst answered. "Then we're headed to Sweet Apple Acres. Something tells me Applejack wants to make sure she can trust you." One quick trip to Burst's house, and the two were then off to Applejack's home. As per usual, the farm girl was busy kicking away at the apple trees. "Mornin' Aj!"

Applejack tipped her hat. "Howdy Burst." She then shot a suspicious look at Moon. "Moon."

"I said you didn't have to like me back at Canterlot." Moon said calmly as she answered. "Besides, I figured I shouldn't waste any time with words. You seem more like the type who'd rather see actions speak for someone."

Applejack nodded. "Ah still don't trust you. If you ask me, you've got a long way to go before you earn mah trust and the rest of the girls'. Now you'll excuse me, Ah've got more trees ta buck." Applejack then let out a sigh. "It's a shame Big Mac is busy in the other fields right now. Some of the trees here are real stubborn." Applejack was about to speak to Moon, but noticed she had left Burst's side. She looked around, and saw Moon eyeing one of the stubborn trees she had mentioned. "Heh! She'll probably break her foot she's so used to using magic!" Applejack's jaw then dropped when she saw Moon kick the tree, and all the apples shook loose! Moon then walked over to Applejack. A triumphant smirk on her face.

"Surely you noticed my first fight with Burst?" Moon asked as she feigned a puzzled look on her face. "I've made it clear I prefer the hands-on approach." She then cracked her knuckles. "So. How many stubborn trees have yet to meet me?" Applejack just pointed Moon in the right direction. "Thank you." Moon then got to work hitting the trees and bringing back massive loads of apples.

Applejack nodded. "All right. But Ah'm not done with you yet." Applejack brought out a table, and set her arm in it. "Ah wanna test yer mettle."

"Well then," Moon said as she removed her jacket and sat down. Locking her hand against Applejack's. "Let's see what we're made of." The two arm wrestled. For a second it looked like Applejack was going to win. That is, until Moon put in a tiny bit of effort. "So? How did my actions speak?"

Applejack blinked before letting out a chuckle. "Loud and clear sugarcube. Though, Ah guess Ah should've expected this from arm wrestlin' an Avatar. But if yer so willing to prove yourself, Ah think Ah can say you've changed for the better Moon. And that ain't a lie."

"It...means a lot. Especially coming from you." Moon said with a grateful smile. The moment was soon interrupted by Moon's stomach growling. "Heh! Guess all that work built up my appetite."

Burst chuckled. "C'mon. I know just the place for a quick fix." Burst led Moon to Sugar Cube Corner. And as expected, Moon was ambushed by Pinkie Pie.

"HI MOONY!" Pinkie greeted! "How're you today?"

Moon recovered from the shock of her welcome and managed a smile. "Just fine. Pinkie, right? You have any cupcakes..." Moon was soon awestruck when Pinkie instant presented a chocolate cupcake with purple frosting and star sprinkles. "...Ready?" She was about to question how Pinkie Pie had gotten the treat ready so fast,

"First one's on the house!" Pinkie said cheerfully. Moon was about to question how Pinkie had gotten the treat out so fast, but was halted when Burst put his hand on her shoulder.

"Trust me. You're better off not questioning her." Burst cautioned. "Twilight learned the hard way."

Moon giggled at the notion of Twilight trying to understand Pinkie Pie. "Well, sometimes the best things in life can't be explained. Oh, and Pinkie?"

"Uh huh?" Pinkie asked.

Moon grabbed Akage and pinned him to the ground. "Do keep an eye on this one will you?"

"How did you know I was coming?!" Akage exclaimed as Moon released him.

"I'm tried to bring eternal night." Moon said with a smirk. "Did you think I wouldn't know when someone's trying to hide their presence? Much less trying to sneak up on me?"

Pinkie giggled at the whole scene. "My boyfriend the ninja."

"Guess I should've seen that coming." Akage said as he scratched his head. "But I was just coming to surprise Pinkie with a quick hug." Akage was then wrapped up in a hug from Pinkie. "Though I guess it'd be hard to surprise a girl who's surprising to everyone." He then returned the hug.

Moon smiled at Pinkie and Akage's moment before Burst motioned for her to follow him. She quickly devoured her cupcake, and immediately followed Burst to Fluttershy's cottage. "Are you sure it's a wise idea to introduce me to the shy one?" Moon asked. "From what I saw on the train, she still finds me fairly terrifying."

"Well..." Burst sighed. "You're right. But she's getting better." Burst knocked on the door, and Fluttershy opened it. She immediately slammed it shut when she caught sight of Moon. "Well...at least she didn't scream the second she saw you."

Moon sighed. "No. I figured she'd be the most difficult one out of all of them. But I think I know a way to get her to warm up to me." Moon shifted into her mist form, and slid through the crack under the front door. The second she rematerialized, all the animals and Fluttershy huddled together. Moon just stayed still and stared at them. Several minutes passed, and neither side made a sound or moved an inch. That is, until Fluttershy decided to break the silence.

"Um...why are you staying like that?" Fluttershy asked nervously.

"Because I want you to come to me in your own time." Moon answered. "I can keep this up as long as I need to. Were you expecting me to come in and demand that you get to like me?"

"Um, yes?" Fluttershy answered.

Moon chuckled. "Trust me. If there's anything I learned by spending a thousand years on the moon, it how to be patient. I've got experience waiting for things to come to me. This time is no different." Moon then noticed a spider dangling down towards her. "It seems you hold a place in your heart for all creatures." She then looked at the mass of animals huddled around Fluttershy. "But I guess you wouldn't be the Element of Kindness if you didn't have a soft-spot for all living things."

Fluttershy slowly smiled. "Oh...thank you." She toyed with her hair before looking Moon in the eye. "Would...you like to help me take care of my friends?"

"I'd love to." Moon said with a warm smile as she helped Fluttershy tend to the animals. Surprisingly, most of the animals warmed up to Moon quickly. Namely because Moon waited for them to come to her coupled with Fluttershy reassuring them that Moon wasn't a threat. As soon as they were finished, Moon was caught off guard by Fluttershy hugging her.

"I'm sorry for being so scared of you." Fluttershy said as she looked Moon in the eye as she released her. "You're actually very nice now that I've gotten to know you now

Moon smiled. Her eyes tearing up slightly at Fluttershy's kindness. "You six are lucky to be such good friends." Fluttershy offered Moon a tissue to dry her eyes. "It was nice meeting you as well." Moon waved goodbye as she left the cottage. Only to be ambushed by Rainbow Dash nearly tackling her to the ground! "I was wondering when you'd show up. You're the one that charged at me when Luna and I returned."

"Heck yeah I am!" Rainbow Dash boasted!

Moon smiled. "You got guts. I like that. You'd fit right in with the Wonderbolts."

"Thanks!" Rainbow Dash said with a grin. "Easy to see why you tried to lure me with that Shadowbolt trick back at the Summer Sun Celebration!"

Moon nodded before smirking. "So? Care to see how fast you are compared to me?"

"You're on!" Rainbow Dash said as she got into a starting position. "All the way to the town square and back!" Moon nodded, and got into a starting position beside Rainbow Dash. "Ready...set...GO!" Both of them took off like rockets! One a rainbow blur, and the other a pitch black blur! They both seemed neck-and-neck, but Moon poured on more speed and soon gained the advantage over Rainbow Dash! When the two returned, Moon was victorious. "Man! I didn't think I'd keep up with an Avatar so easily!"

Moon chuckled. "Well, now you've seen the 'speed of the night' first hand." The two fist-bumped. "But my speed can't compete with your famous Sonic Rainboom. I'll be sure to make sure you've got a whole crowd cheering in your dreams tonight."

Rainbow Dash blinked before grinning. "Niiiice."

With that, Moon and Burst took their leave and decided to stop by Twilight's home. Burst knocked on the door, but Spike was the one who answered. The little dragon was shaking as he greeted the two of them. "H-Hi Burst! M-Moon."

"I...think I'd better go." Moon said as she took not of the drake quaking in front of her. "I'd almost forgotten you were present when Luna and I returned." Moon was about to leave when Spike called out to her.

"Wait!" Spike walked forward a couple steps. "Look. I know you're not the same person you were when you returned. And that what we knew about you was completely wrong. So...I'm sorry for being a bit scared of you. It's...gonna take some time to get used to you."

Moon looked around, and saw all the looks the people were giving her. "Trust me. I'm quite aware of that fact."

"So...what's up with Twilight?" Burst asked.

Spike sighed. "As usual, up to her nose in books or knee-deep in magic." Spike's face then lit-up. "Hey. Since she's so busy..."

"Yes." Burst said with a grin. "C'mon. It's time." Burst led Spike to field outside of town and got into a fighting stance. "You ready buddy?"

Spike nodded as he charged at Burst with a fist ready! "Here I come!" Spike swung at Burst, but Burst caught the fist! Spike wriggled his arm loose, and ran up Burst's arm! Burst twisted his arm, and caught Spike by the tail!

"I gotta ask you this Spike. Why do you want me and the guys to train you?" Burst asked.

Spike sighed. "You know back in the Crystal Empire? Everybody was cheering for me when I put the Crystal Heart back on its pedestal." He then folded his arms. "But you're the one who destroyed the Umbrum. You slugged Sombra. You and the guys...you're just so awesome. I just...want to help people as much as I can. It's the whole reason I like being Twilight's assistant."

Burst silently stood up. "Spike. You may be an assistant to Twilight. But you're like a little brother to me and the guys. Now, the time has come. Follow me." Burst dialed up Inferno on his phone. "He's ready."

"Burst? What's it time for?" Spike asked.

Burst just smiled. "You'll see." Burst led Spike to where the other Elements of Heroism gathered. They had all formed a circle with Spike in the center. "Kneel." Spike did so, and Burst drew his sword and tapped Spike on the shoulders and head. "We've been watching your for a while now Spike. You are one who has great care for the people in your life. One who lives to help others as best he can. And so, I grant you the title of Honorary Element of Heroism." Burst then sheathed Bahamut Edge. "Rise. Spike the Dragon. Element of Dedication. Welcome to the family little bro." Spike grinned as he rose and jumped for joy. "Well, I think I know what this calls for. Time for some ice cream." Burst hoisted Spike onto his shoulders, and the group went to Sugar Cube Corner. As Spike chatted with the other guys, Burst looked on with a proud smile. He turned his attention to his ice cream, but caught Moon gazing at him. "Are you looking at me? Or the ice cream ?"

"Hard to tell." Moon said with a shrug before smiling and taking a bit out of her ice cream. "You're both so sweet."

Burst blushed at the compliment. "Well...me and the guys look at Spike as a little brother. There's not that many guys for him to hang around with, so we try to make him feel like he's part of a family. The girls are fine and all, but they're pretty busy with their work. So me and the guys figured we'd hang with Spike when the girls are busy. Besides, Twilight won't let Spike have any video games in her house." Moon laughed at the closing remark, and they soon headed home.

"I think I'll try sleeping in that spare room you have." Moon said after changing into her sleeping clothes.

Burst blinked. "Why's that?"

"Well..." Moon blushed a little as she remembered the events of the day. "...I guess I don't feel so alone anymore." Moon saw a warm smile on Burst's face as he hugged her good night. Moon let out a happy yawn as she awakened the next morning. "Maybe today Twilight will be free today." Mon got dressed, and stepped outside. Only to be greeted by a sight that shocked her. Rarity had been placed in an ugly dress while being carted off by Applejack and Pinkie Pie. Moon narrowed her eyes at the person who had cast the spell. The girl was a Magi like Twilight, but something felt off about her magical aura. Almost like it was being amplified and altered. It didn't take long for Moon to recognize the amulet hanging around Trixie's neck. Moon watched Trixie fire a spell that made one of Rainbow Dash's wings grow to twice its size and send her falling to the ground! Watching who Trixie was targeting and how she's reacted to Twilight, the motives for Trixie's actions were clear. And very familiar to Moon. 'Revenge. Such a poisonous thought.' Moon held herself as memories of her imprisonment and the vengeful thoughts that once brewed within her head came back. 'One I know all too well.' Moon payed attention to Trixie boasting, and an idea came to her. "Indeed. Your magic does exceed Twilight Sparkle's." Moon called out from the crowd. Everyone had already noticed her and kept their distance. But hearing Moon engage Trixie made them back away as much as possible.

Trixie smugly basked in Moon's false praise. "Well. It seems there is someone in this town who recognizes how great and powerful Trixie is! And I'll testament that fact by beating Twilight Sparkle!"

"You're kidding right?" Moon asked as she silently positioned herself behind Trixie. "With your current magical strength, I'd say you'd barely need to put in any effort to best her." Twilight was paying attention to Moon stroking Trixie's ego, and decided to remain quiet. She was still the least bit doubtful that Moon had truly changed for the better. "In fact, I'd say that you could at least stand your ground against an Avatar now."

Trixie grinned smugly. "Well, I WOULD like to dazzle the princesses with a display of my skills."

"Well they're not available. So..." Moon made her presence known by flaring her wing and standing not but a few inches away from Trixie. "...How about I see what you're made of?" Trixe turned around, and the smug grin on her face immediately disappeared. It had been replaced with a sense of complete and utter dread. Moon stood with her wings still flared out and her arms crossed. A smirk present on her face to show some of her teeth that were fangs. "I had hoped to challenge Twilight Sparkle to a little magical spar. But it seems I've found a more worthy opponent." Moon got into a dueling stance and flared a few sparks of midnight blue magic. "So would you care to give me the honor?"

Trixie was slightly quaking at Moon's proposal. "S-Sure! J-Just let Trixie st-stretch!" Trixie feigned a sore area in her arm.

"Are you afraid?" Moon asked with a chuckle. "You surely seemed ready when you wished to challenge Twilight Sparkle. Surely you can handle one of her previously defeated foes?" Moon noticed Trixie starting to truly tremble. Trixie got into a dueling stance. Moon then raised her hand as to cast a spell, and Trixe caved!

"Trixie forfeits!" Trixie cried out as she ripped of the Avatar Amulet! "I wasn't even using my real magic! I just wanted to get back at Twilight for ruining my show! Just please don't eat me!"

Moon snatched the Avatar Amulet and looked down at Trixie. "You're sorry. I'd say that more than qualifies as a reason to spare you." Moon then looked to Twilight, and saw the uncertain look in her eyes. Moon then tossed the amulet over to Twilight. "Here. It's way too tacky for my tastes. Just make sure you give it to someone who knows how to keep it safe." And with that, Moon walked off to the park and sat alone. Just listening to the sounds of the town as it resumed its normal life. Hearing everyone go about happy brought a smile to Moon's face as she closed her eyes. Only to be stirred from her peace about an hour later by Twilight. "Oh. You again. Come to learn all my dark secrets?" Moon joked.

"No." Twilight said as she shook her head. "There's...something I'd like to do for you. Follow me please." Moon got up, and followed Twilight to Sugar Cube Corner. "You head in first." Moon was slightly wary of why Twilight wanted her to enter first, but went along with it. She was then promptly greeted with a blast of confetti to the face. Once her vision was clear, Moon saw the rest of the Main 6 gathered in front of her and a banner that read: Thanks for Saving Ponyville Moon!/Welcome to Ponyville Party!

Moon was awestruck by the sight before her. "But...why did you all go this trouble?"

"Shoot, it wasn't any trouble sugarcube." Applejack said with a grin.

Rainbow Dash nodded. "Yep! You totally owned Trixie out there by using her ego against her! That was awesome!"

"Uh huh!" Pinkie chirped. "Plus, you totally saved out butts out there by getting her to take off that weird amulet!"

Rarity smiled. "I must thank you darling. That awful dress went away the second Trixie got rid of that awful amulet."

"The point is..." Twilight said as she approached Moon. "We're sorry for doubting that you changed. Even after we heard the truth about your origins. I guess we all had a little bit of prejudice from when you returned. What I'm trying to say is...I hope we can be friends."

Moon blinked, and smiled. Her eyes tearing up as she scooped up Twilight into a bone-crushing hug. "No need to hope. We already are." And from then, Moon truly felt that she was welcome. Like she finally had a place to call home.

Trixie watched the display of friendship, and sighed. However, a certain ice-winged Skyborn took note of her distressed mood. "Feeling alright?" Ace asked as he walked up to Trixie.

"Yeah. Fine." Trixie grumbled. "Just leave me alone."

Ace frowned. "In my experience, that's what people say when they really need someone to talk to. And I'm willing to listen if you're ready to speak."

"Whatever." Trixie turned to face Ace, and she soon recognized him. "Hey, you're that guy from the crowd that had Twilight upstage me!"

Ace sighed. "I knew that would come back to bite me. Look. I apologize. For my actions and my friends mouthing off at your performance. You're an entertainer. It's your job to put on an image of bravado to keep the audience engaged. My friends and I should have just left since we didn't like your show."

"Well...I suppose I should have seen the consequences." Trixie said with an embarrassed smile. "In truth, all I had was the image I made. It's lonely travelling all around Equestria. Never staying anywhere long enough to make friends."

Ace smiled. "Well, maybe now's a good time to go on hiatus." Ace put a hand on Trixie's shoulder. "And I'd be happy to e your first friend. Call it compensation for crashing your performance."

"Trixie...I mean, I...would like that very much." Trixie said


Meanwhile, at Zecora's Hut

Zecora suspiciously eyes the figure who stood before her. "You say you have come for the amulet. But might I ask, what is your intent?"

"My master intends to make sure that such an evil thing is properly contained." The figure said. It was a woman with white skin, white hair with pink streaks, and red eyes. She was wearing a pale gold tunic and white pants with light gold greaves. "He wishes to confiscate any artifacts that have ties to darkness for the good of Equestria."

Zecora hesitantly handed over the Avatar Amulet. "Your request I must say, seems quite sane. Would it be a trouble to ask your name?"

The woman smiled. "Nova Flare."