• Published 4th Jul 2017
  • 1,303 Views, 35 Comments

Sonic and Equestria Girls: Journey into Dreams - SonicAKG



Sonic, the Equestria Girls and their friends venture to the Dream World with help from NiGHTS

  • ...
3
 35
 1,303

Nightmares Become Dreams

Nightmares Becomes Dreams

Silver emerged from the dark portal he entered and he came down on his knees. He began to cough heavily and he had his eyes shut.

"*Cough* Uggh, that portal *cough* smelled like perfume!*cough" He complained as he managed to lift himself up and he opened his eyes.

Silver first looked down on the ground and he saw that he was standing on a dark floor that was covered with many glittering stars. It was the exact image of the night sky. Silver raised his head and he saw that he was in some kind of throne room. Dark blue pillars with diamonds on them decorated the room. There were dark purple curtains with the same diamonds as well in the background. Silver looked straight ahead and he saw many blue stairs leading to a black throne with golden highlights. Next to it was another throne with silver ones. Sitting in the first throne was Nightmare Rarity, with her legs crossed. She looked directly at Silver and she gave him a welcoming smile. Silver noticed this and became surprised before he regained his focus and he gave her a glare and he crossed his arms.

"Silver, thank you for coming! It's even better that you came alone. It's great to see you." Nightmare Rarity stated as she gripped her hands.

"Is that so? Well, I can't really say the same thing." He replied.

"But I thought you wanted to see me? Isn't that why you came here?"

"True. But I want to see you when you're you and not well, psychotic."

Nightmare Rarity let out a small laugh, making Silver uncomfortable as his eyes darted around.

"You say the funniest things. Why don't you come next to me and sit?" She offered as she pointed to the empty throne.

"No. I didn't come here to sit and relax. Listen, Rarity, you're not-" Silver said before Nightmare Rarity lost her smile and she gave Silver a glare. Her eyes flashed blue and suddenly, Silver's body did as well as he was trapped in a blue aura. Silver was completely frozen in place and his body stood straight. He couldn't move a muscle, no matter how hard he tried. Her grip was so strong.

"I said sit." Nightmare Rarity firmly said as she motioned her fingers and Silver began to float towards her against his will.

"(Wow, I've never felt a psychic grip this strong before! She makes me look I'm taking baby steps. Ok then, I can't rush into a fight for now or she'll mop the floor with me. I need to plan ahead.)" Silver thought as he approached Nightmare Rarity. She pointed her finger to the chair and Silver descended into it. When he entered, Silver's body stopped glowing and he fumbled forward a bit as he gasped. He regained his posture and turned to Nightmare Rarity, who again smiled at him as she placed her hands on her chin. Silver did his best to avoid eye contact.

"You know, Wizeman said to destroy all of you, but you're just too cute to destroy! So, I have an offer instead." Nightmare Rarity said in a condescending tone, making Silver, look away from her, slightly embarrassed. When he did this, her eyes flashed blue again and Silver forcefully turned to her as his body regained the blue aura and he grunted.

"Eye contact darling. Mind your manners. As I was saying, I propose you join me . It's obvious that Wizeman is going to win anyway. You might as well give up." Nightmare Rarity said.

"Sorry, I'm not interested in going supervillain. And I won't give up just because I hear something discouraging. You should know that." Was Silver's reply. Hearing this made Nightmare Rarity frown and she pulled Silver's face directly towards her's. She gripped his cheeks tightly.

"Don't be so quick to turn me down. You haven't even seen what it could be like." She informed him. She let his cheeks go so he could speak properly.

"Nothing could ever convince me to join you. Nothing." Silver firmly replied.

"You sure?" Nightmare Rarity said. "I think you should check it out."

Nightmare Rarity snapped her fingers and the room began to fill with a dark glittering mist. Silver's eyes darted around as he noticed the mist was beginning to envelop the room entirely.


"What did you-" Silver said as the mist reached him and began to cover his body before it reached his face. Silver couldn't see anything now. It was pure pitch black.

"Rarity? Where are you? What's going on?" He called out.

Suddenly a very bright light flashed and Silver closed his eyes due to its brightness. Silver blinked a few times before he opened his eyes again and he saw that he wasn't in Nightmare Rarity's room anywhere. Above him was the clear blue sky with the shining sun. He saw that he was floating as well. His body was now transparent, like a ghost. Silver examined himself in confusion.

"What the?" Silver said as Nightmare Rarity descended down behind him. Silver turned around to face her.

"Where are we?" He demanded.

"Your dream Silver." She said.

"My dream?"

"Look down."

Silver did as he was told and what he saw was something he never expected to see. He saw a beautiful city with many tall clear buildings with shining windows. In the background was a grassy tall mountain. The roads were filled with futuristic glowing cars hovering about. On the sidewalk, Silver saw the city was heavily populated. There were people walking around, chatting, sitting down for drinks, playing sports, reading newspapers and just having a good time. People were also laughing and smiling. It was amazing. Silver was astonished.

"This city....everyone is so happy....it's wonderful!" He managed, making Nightmare Rarity nod in agreement.

"Now, look up." She instructed.

Silver did and he saw something even more shocking. In front was a giant white statue...of him standing in a green park! He was standing triumphantly with his hand raised above and he had a victorious smile. A caption underneath read....THE HERO OF THE FUTURE in green glowing letters. Citizens stood up and admired the statue. Silver was now lost for words.

"Hero? Rarity....is this my future?!" He asked as he formed a big smile on his face.

"Of course, it is! I asked Wizeman to fix it up for you and voila, here it is. The best future anyone could ask for!" She explained.

"This is amazing! After all my attempts to fix it, you just..." Silver said as he was in awe and he looked around.

"This isn't even the best part." Nightmare Rarity said.

"Are you kidding?! What could be better than this?!" Silver said as his hands extended out to the city.

Nightmare Rarity snapped her fingers and she and Silver disappeared in a blue flash. The two of them reappeared in a small suburban neighborhood. They floated above a small white house in the center that stood out amongst the rest due to its color. The rest were pinkish/reddish.

"Why are we here?" Silver questioned.

"Don't you want to meet your family?" Nightmare Rarity asked.

The word 'family' echoed throughout Silver's ears. Family. As in, his own. The one he never got to know in his own timeline or couldn't even dream of knowing. Silver couldn't believe what he had heard. He slowly descended down into the front of the house door.

"My....family?" Silver slowly said, coming to terms with the idea.

"You heard me. Why don't you open the door and say hello?" Nightmare Rarity suggested.

Silver stood in front of the door motionless. His family. It still was something so incredible. He could actually meet one that belonged to him. Where he belonged. Silver's hand began to slowly rise as he reached for the knob and he had the happiest smile he had ever made. It was almost too good to be true.Nightmare Rarity gave a wicked one as she watched him.

"Yes. Go on. Be happy Silver. You deserve it. Forget about the others. Focus on yourself." She urged.

Silver's hand almost reached the door handle as her words reached him. 'Forget about the others. Focus on himself.' The words played in his mind like a record over and over. As they did, Silver began to recall why he had chosen to travel in the past. To save his future. No, not just his own future, a future for everyone. He wasn't in it for himself or for the glory at all. He wanted a bright future where everyone could be happy, not just him alone. That's why he took the risk of time traveling. For the sake of others. Precisely, for the sake of others! Silver's hand stood in front of the handle. He wasn't one to put himself before others, no matter what. He would always help someone in need, even a stranger. It was who he was. Sonic, Sunset, Shadow, Rainbow Dash and the others were his friends, not strangers at all!He just couldn't selfishly throw them away like that. Silver's fingers struggled to reach out to the knob before he clenched his fist tightly. Silver slowly and very reluctantly, forced himself to turn around to Nightmare Rarity. The glare he gave her was full of sheer willpower and determination, surprising her as she gave him a puzzled look.

"Is something wrong?" She asked confused.

"Yeah, there is. This place....I admit, it really is my dream world. My saved future with no problems. The problem is, it's just my dream world at the expense of others. Sonic and the rest are out there trying to bring Wizeman down and I can't just abandon them for my own sake. That's not me. I thought you knew that." Silver declared as he pointed to her sternly. "So, I'm going to snap you out of your evil trance and then we're going to take Wizeman out!"

Nightmare Rarity let out a large sigh. She began to shake her head in disappointment.

"What a shame. I was hoping you would have at least some brain cells. If you were as good looking as me, I might have even shed a tear. Oh well, if that's what you want, then I guess I should show you the result." Nightmare Rarity said.


She snapped her fingers again and the same mist began to surround the area. Silver looked around as the mist closed in on him and again, he saw nothing but darkness.

"Now what?" He wondered out loud.

Suddenly, a burst of flames erupted in front of Silver and he covered his face with his arm to protect himself. When he brought it down, Silver's face broke out into one of horror at what was before him. Silver was now looking at the city, except all the buildings were now in ruins with broken glass and dull colors.. The sky was a lava red color with dark gray clouds. There was a giant fire tornado in the place of where the statue of Silver was. The road and the ground were cracked, revealing a fiery floor with pillars of fire bursting up, destroying ruined cars. Silver was shocked at this and he was speechless. This future...was....terrible, even worse than the state his future was in.

"This is the same...future?" Silver said as he examined the city with dismay.

Nightmare Rarity appeared behind him in a swirling portal. She looked at him smugly.

"Yep. All because you couldn't save it. I offered you a chance but you said no. Congratulations, you've now doomed your future. I hope you're happy. You won't ever save it alone. You just can't." Nightmare Rarity berated.

Silver's will was utterly crushed. Seeing this was awful. And he had himself to blame. He really was too powerless to save his future, no matter how many times he tried if this was the result. He began to float down to the bottom.

"It's no use......" He muttered softly as he sank lower and lower and began to approach the fiery bottom. As he did, another pillar of fire came forth, engulfing him in it. Nightmare Rarity did a victorious smile.

"Adieu, Silver. "Nightmare Rarity said as she did a mocking farewell salute


In the pillar, Silver was faced with swirling flames. Was this it? All of his work for this? Maybe she was right.....maybe. Silver's eyes closed and he thought about his previous times. He remembered discovering a way on how to fix his future from his master. He recalled reading through all the old history books he could find, despite how vague they were. He had spent days in ruined libraries trying to find any clues. He thought about all the times he practiced his skills in order to be of any help. He thought about how difficult it was at times. He remembered reaching dead ends. This same feeling of giving up now felt familiar. It wasn't anything new. And despite that, he had overcome it before. This time was no different from the ones before. He couldn't accept that he was destined to fail. He had never before, so why now? This 'nightmare' or whatever wasn't going to stop him! Silver's body began to glow green as he regained his calm. As he did, a red light appeared from him before it formed a giant red flash that began to surround the entire area after it exited the tornado. Nightmare Rarity saw this and she looked at the red flash with surprise and fear.

"What is that?!" She exclaimed as she made a blue barrier to protect herself from the flash as it covered her. She made a yell as it overcame her.

When the flash died, Nightmare Rarity found herself back in her throne room. The throne next to her was now empty. She looked in front and saw Silver in a green aura as he floated above her with his eyes closed and a calm face. He opened them and he gave her a smirk. Her glare became more serious and menacing.

"How did you get out of my nightmare?!" She demanded.

"It's not a nightmare if it's something you've faced before. I've had to deal with the idea of failure more times than I can count. So, are you done with the mind games and ready to take me on?" Silver challenged.

Nightmare Rarity did a hair flip and let out a small laugh.

"As if! Fighting is so beneath me!" She stated arrogantly.

"Yeah, I knew you'd respond like that. Being like this has been a downgrade." Silver said as he shrugged. Nightmare Rarity ears perked up after he said this and she firmly turned to him with great fury quickly.

"Downgrade?! Are you blind?! Look at me, I'm perfect! She declared as she rose from the throne.

"Perfect? I wouldn't say that. Honestly, I think your fashion sense is pretty poor now. I mean, who combines gold and dark purple?" Silver replied as he placed his on his chin.

Nightmare Rarity did not believe what Silver had just and she gasped, highly offended. Her body began to glow dark blue and she clenched her fist.

"Ohh, you shouldn't have done that!" She said infuriated as she raised her hand and Silver was slammed against the wall as his body radiated with blue once more. Her grip was stronger than before.

"Ok, I see I've touched a nerve." Silver said as he winced.

"You are sooo going to regret this!" She said as she floated towards Silver.

Silver closed his eyes and began to focus. His aura began to glow and conflict with Nightmare Rarity's. Silver concentrated harder and he began to sweat slightly as his aura began to expand while Nightmare Rarity began to find it difficult to hold him in place. Silver clenched his fist and he released a large green wave from his body, freeing him from her and she floated back. Silver began to take deep breaths while Nightmare Rarity looked stunned at first before she gave a sinister smile.

"Hmmm, this might be good exercise." She said as she flew towards Silver and he did the same.

Nightmare Rarity formed a long chain of black diamonds and tried to hit Silver as she cracked it. Silver evade her strikes before he held the chain in place above him before it touched his head. With great strength, Silver hurled Nightmare Rarity towards his right and she crashed into a pillar. Before she could react, Silver lifted up the rubble from the pillar and formed a ball around her. Silver held it in place with hands for a while until the sphere began to give off blue lights. Silver tried to contain her but Nightmare Rarity released a dark blue shockwave, setting her free and Silver was sent flying into the throne. Nightmare Rarity fired an array of diamonds from her hand but Silver placed the throne in front of him and they impaled it rather than him. Silver threw the throne to her but she formed a giant diamond and it pierced through it and headed for Silver, who flew above it. Suddenly, Nightmare Rarity teleported in front of him. She eyed him up and down.

"Not bad. But check this out." She said.

Nightmare Rarity snapped her fingers and a dark purple cloud appeared above Silver, catching his attention. Suddenly, the cloud began to release a diamond shower headed towards Silver, making his jaw drop.

"Don't you think that's a little overkill?!" He yelled.

As the diamonds closed in on him, Silver took a deep breath and closed his eyes for a second. When he opened them, Silver stuck both his hands out as his aura grew larger and the diamonds above him came to a sudden stop. Silver shook as he tried to hold all the diamonds in place before he released them and they harmlessly fell to the floor. When he did, Silver's aura faded and his eyes drooped as he landed on the floor.

"Ok....not doing that again..."Silver said. Stopping so many things at once had taken a lot out of him.

Before Silver could rise, he suddenly was pinned to the ground by Nightmare Rarity's boot on his chest. Silver tried to lift her foot off with his hands, but he was too tired from halting her diamonds. Nightmare Rarity dawned before him and she gave him a menacing grin. She raised her right hand, and when she did, her five fingers became coated in diamond claws which shined. Silver's eyes widened when he saw that.

"Now....uh.....listen....Rarity..." Silver nervously said as Nightmare Rarity brought the claws closer to him.

"It was a little fun, but now you're boring me. Don't worry, I won't scratch your face. I'll at least let you keep your looks." She said as she aimed the claws at his chest.

'(Uh, I'm pretty exhausted. But I can't let it end like this.)"

"Later Silver! I'll name one of my conquered worlds after you!"

Nightmare Rarity moved her hand to Silver's chest and at the last second, Silver desperately used his psychic powers and lifted Rarity's keytar from his back and in front of him as a shield. When her fingers touched the keyboard, they played a melody, making her hand glow white and Nightmare Rarity recoiled her hand suddenly and away from Silver. She gripped her hand in pain as if it had been severely burnt. Silver looked down at the keytar, not expecting that to happen. Suddenly, he put two and two together.

"(I got it. Anytime she plays her keytar, she ponies up! What if)" Silver planned as he managed to rise up.

Silver lifted the keytar in front of him using his powers and he used the all the power he could to grab Nightmare Rarity's hand. She noticed that she was being pulled to the keytar as her hand glowed green.

"What are you doing?!" She screamed as she tried to pull away, but Silver was fully concentrated on her hand, which was weakened by the earlier glow she experienced and with all his might, he made her fingers connect with the keytar.

"Why don't you play this?!" Silver cried out as he now used his powers to move her fingers across the keyboard and she began to play it.. As Nightmare Rarity did, the glow extended from her hand and began to reach her body. She looked on, terrified.

"No, you can't!" She yelled before her body was now fully shining white as she continued to press the keys. She began to rise up as the glow became brighter. Silver was sweating like crazy and looked like he could fall over any second, but he still pressed on as hard as he could.

Nightmare Rarity's glow began to grow larger and larger before she wasn't visible due to it anymore and the glow released a brilliant white flash which sent Silver crashing into a pillar and covered her entire throne room. When the flash died down, Silver slumped against the wall almost out cold. His eyes flickered and he barely raised his head. When he looked up, he saw Rarity, now back to normal and ponied up as she glowed and floated in the air with her eyes closed as the light died down. She came down to the ground and opened her eyes. She looked around, not sure what had just happened.

"What is this place?" She said as she saw the rubble. "Was there rough housing here?"

Rarity eyes then landed on Silver, who was beginning to lose consciousness. Her memory became jogged as everything that had happened flashed in her mind upon seeing him. She gasped out loudly in worry and rushed over to his side.

"Silver, Silver!" She called out as she grabbed him and shook him slightly to wake him up. Silver's almost closed eyes focused on her

"Oh, Rarity...you're back to normal....that's cool....but...when were there ever four of you?" Silver asked dazed.