• Published 4th Jul 2017
  • 1,293 Views, 35 Comments

Sonic and Equestria Girls: Journey into Dreams - SonicAKG



Sonic, the Equestria Girls and their friends venture to the Dream World with help from NiGHTS

  • ...
3
 35
 1,293

The Last Nightmare

The Last Nightmare

"Begone!" Wizeman declared as from his chest, a giant red flash appeared, causing NiGHTS and the others to disperse themselves to avoid it. As they did, they were scattered around Nightmare. Wizeman observed them as they flew around. To him, they resembled small flies. Only a nuisance, not a threat to his mighty power.

"So many choices.." Wizeman pondered as he was deciding which of them to attack first. "Better yet.."

Wizeman's hands glowed and suddenly, an array of giant black meteors began to surround him, crackling with dark blue electricity. Wizeman launched them throughout the area, aiming to the team.

"Watch out!" NiGHTS warned as the asteroids closed in on them. NiGHTS was swiftly able to dodge any incoming meteors as they flew past them.

As the boulders came close to Knuckles, rather than dodging them, Knuckles charged straight towards them, taking everyone else by surprise as they looked on as he did.

"Bring it!" He yelled as his fist began to glow blue and eventually, two large energy circles surrounded them. Knuckles stuck his hand out to throw a punch, but instead, he fired a sphere from his hand which collided with a meteor, destroying it completely in a blue explosion. Knuckles looked down at his hand and he grinned.

"This is some real firepower!" He said as he recharged another sphere on his fist and began to launch them from his hand, destroying Wiseman's' meteorites while Sonic and the others avoided them.

"That's Knuckles for you. Hit first." Tails said, expecting Knuckles strategy.

"Flea." Wizeman said as he noticed Knuckles. Wizeman let three meteorites remain in front of him and he launched dark lighting from, striking randomly. The group was barely able to dodge the incoming lighting as it took them off guard due to how fast it was. One bolt headed straight for Knuckles, who didn't notice as it came to him. Rainbow Dash saw this and she gasped as she headed to Knuckle's direction, leaving behind a starry rainbow trail.

"Hey Knux, heads up!" She called out as she pulled Knuckles out of the way. As she did, the rainbow trail she left behind was struck by lighting. The trail began to crackle before it launched back rainbow colored lighting towards Wizeman. Wizeman made a dark shield defend himself and the electricity clashed with it. Rainbow Dash looked back in awe.

"Awesome!" She yelled.

Wizeman began to glow again and this time around NiGHTS and the others, four swirling black holes appeared suddenly. Rainbow Dash struggled to fly with Knuckles as she, like the others, was being pulled towards the black holes.

"The pull...." Sunset said as she tried her best not get sucked into the black hole by attempting to fly in its opposite direction.

"I can handle this!" NiGHTS yelled out as they began to fly up away from the black holes. They looked down at one of them and headed straight towards it. As they did, NiGHTS began to fly around the vortex, paralooping it as it became surrounded in multi-colored stardust before it vanished, completely. That was one down and everyone could feel the pull had weakened as they each flew a bit forward.

"Thanks, Nights! Now, let me try this.." Tails called out as he looked down at his hands and towards a nearby hole. Tails stuck his hands out and he released three blue star-shaped ring bombs which were swallowed by the hole. Immediately afterward, the hole exploded, weakening the pull even further.

"I wanna blow one up two!" Pinkie yelled. Pinkie saw two vortexes on her left and right. Pinkie stuck her hands out and suddenly, two blue starry versions of her party cannon appeared. She giggled after seeing them.

"Glittery!" Pinkie said as two-star shots were fired as they headed for the black hole. Upon contact with them, the black holes exploded into blue dust.

"Tch..."Wizeman said with annoyance. From his body, six golden razor blades emerged behind him. The blades began to rotate at high speed and Wizeman released them. As they got closer, Manic dashed ahead.

"Ok, let's see what I can do!" Manic said as his body radiated and he hit his eskrima sticks together. Doing this made a giant, star-filled shockwave which passed through Nightmare. When it reached the blades, they shattered into pieces immediately. AppleJack took out her lasso and began to swing it. As she did, the lasso released 3 glittering yellow rings, taking her back slightly.

"I wasn't expectin' this, but it'll have to do!" She declared as the rings headed in Wizeman's direction. Wizeman formed a barrier and the rings were destroyed as they made contact with it.

"We have to do something about that barrier." Rarity realized and then she turned to Silver. " Silver, come with me." Silver nodded and the two of them flew to Wizeman.

Rarity raised her hand and above her formed a giant, sharp diamond. The diamond was almost as large as Wizeman himself. Rarity glared at Wizeman with intense anger and she hurled the diamond.

"That's for using me!" She screamed as the diamond was directed to Wizeman. Silver looked on, slightly impressed.

When the diamond reached Wizeman, his eyes flashed the colors of the emeralds and the diamond froze mid-air. Wizeman turned the diamond around and he fired it back at Rarity. Rarity looked shocked as the diamond was headed her way and she braced for impact. Luckily, Silver came in front of her. Silver stuck out his hands and the diamond was surrounded by a red aura. Silver then split the diamond into hundreds of smaller ones.

"A trick I learned from evil you." Silver told Rarity, making her smile.

"Let me add to it." Rarity said as she made the inside of the diamonds glow white. Silver then shot them towards Wizeman, who again, formed a barrier. When the diamonds hit the barrier, they each formed large explosions. So many explosions made Wizeman grunt and his barrier began to crack with each explosion before it was destroyed, making him move back. Silver and Rarity smiled with victory.

"Yes!" They yelled.

"Now that the shield's gone, we can damage him!" NiGHTS said.

"You won't even get the chance. Fade into oblivion!" Wizeman responded as his hands began to glow. Energy was drawn into them as Wizeman charged up dark lasers.

Seeing this made Fluttershy yelp and she shrunk back. As she did, 4 purple butterflies, each surrounded by a white aura, left her body and flew towards Wizeman. They flew above him and began to release a shower of stars, covering his vision as he prepared his beams.

"Pest! Begone!" Wizeman barked. He couldn't see through the shower. Seeing this gave Sunset an idea.

"Now, what would this do?" Sunset said as, in her hands, she began to form a large flashing yellow-orange star. Sunset then shot it to Wizeman, who didn't even see it coming due to his blocked vision.

The star passed through the shower of stars and Wizeman saw it before it exploded into a large blinding light, making the group cover their own eyes.

"Arrgh!!!!" Wizeman yelled as the flash blinded him.

"Now's our chance!" Sonic said.

Sonic's body was enveloped in a white aura and dashed to Wizeman with high speed. As he did, Sonic began to resemble a shooting star and he crashed into Wizeman's center, blowing him back slightly.

"Gurrhrhh!" Wizeman grunted.

NiGHTS then floated next to Sonic and they gave him a wink.

"Try this." NiGHTS said as they began to paraloop around Sonic, making him surrounded by different colored dust. Sonic could feel more dream energy into his body and he gave NiGHTS a thumbs up.

"Got it!" Sonic said as he charged into his shooting star boost again. This time, the boost flashed the five colors of Ideya. As Sonic crashed into Wizeman, a five colored shockwave was formed and Wizeman was blown away even more.

"How's that, no face?!" Sonic taunted as the rest of the group cheered at Sonic's blow.

Wizeman stopped himself from moving. He began to chuckle, causing everyone to lose their feeling of victory and turn to him, puzzled. They had just damaged him. Why would he laugh? Wizeman's laughter became louder and it boomed throughout the area. NiGHTS and the rest focused on Wizeman, slightly troubled by this.

"We hit him and he's laughing....I don't like that." Rainbow Dash said with worry.

Wizeman's laughter stopped and his vision landed on the group.

"It is just as I hoped. With these emeralds, I truly am invincible. Your feeble attacks have done nothing to me!" Wizeman informed them, making the hope they had beginning to fade.

"What?! That can't be!" NiGHTS said.

"It is as I said. Now, feel my wrath!" Wizeman declared as he released a large multi-colored energy pulse that struck everyone, sending them deeper into Nightmare with intensive force as the pulse grew larger and larger.

"Hehehe.."Wiseman laughed as he watched them be swallowed by the darkness of Nightmare.


In the deeper part of Nightmare, NiGHTS's eyes began to flicker and they opened them fully. NiGHTS looked around to see Sonic and the others floating around, almost unconscious. Wizman's strength was incredible. NiGHTS had never even thought about encountering something so powerful.

"Sonic...Silver...Pinkie Pie...?" NiGHTS said with concern as they floated towards them.

NiGHTS's words caused Silver to began to stir and then everyone else moaned. NiGHTS looked relieved as the group managed to get themselves together as they floated above.They were all stunned by Wizeman's blow and quite dazed. NiGHTS floated in the center.

"He was just playing with us the whole time." Manic said as he rubbed his head.

"I hate to admit it, but we're outclassed. As long as Wizeman has the 7 emeralds, he's unbeatable." Tails said, his voice lacking any hope.

"Well, there has to be a way! There's no way we're quitting now!" Silver announced.

"Silver's right! We haven't come all this way just to lose in the end. We can't let Wizeman succeed." Rarity said.

"I like your enthusiasm, but Tails is right. The emeralds make Wizeman unstoppable." Sonic pointed out.

NiGHTS began to think as their hand rested on their chin. As long as Wizeman had the emeralds....the possession of the emeralds....that was the source of his power...NiGHTS lifted their face up and snapped their fingers loudly.

"I got it!" NiGHTS suddenly said, making all eyes land on him.

"I need all of you to transfer your Ideya to me." NiGHTS instructed.

"What? But we need this new dreamy stuff to help stop Wizeman." Pinkie protested.

"Without it, we won't be able to face him." Fluttershy added.

"That's exactly what I want. Trust me, please, I need your Ideya." NiGHTS said as they stuck their hand out.

NiGHTS was met with looks of uncertainty. Why would they ask them to give up their Ideya? It was risky. Without it, they would be left at Wizeman's mercy. After quite a bit of silence, Silver stepped forward and gave his hand to NiGHTS.

"Ok, I trust you have this under control." Silver said.

"Thank you. Everyone, do I have your Ideya?" NiGHTS said as they looked past Silver to the others, still looking unsure as they turned to each other. Immediately, Rarity offered her hand as well.

"You have mine." Rarity said with a smile.

Sonic just shrugged and he placed his hand on NiGHTS.

"I've always been one to follow crazy plans anyway." Sonic said, making NiGHTS smile.

Seeing the three of them place their trust in NiGHTS, removed the doubt that the rest of the group was feeling. They each approached NiGHTS and gave them their hands. NiGHTS and everyone else closed their eyes and NiGHTS received the Ideya as their body flashed red, yellow, blue, green and white as they began to rise. NiGHTS floated in a giant aura and they looked down at the others.

"So, here is the plan....."


Wizeman patiently looked out to Nightmare, waiting for his foes to show themselves.

"Were they destroyed by just a fraction of my power?" Wizeman wondered. "I was hoping to show them true despair."

Suddenly, Wizeman noticed something in the corner of his eye. He looked forward and saw something that stood out among Nightmare due to its colors. It was NiGHTS heading towards him at high speed, their look full of resolve while surrounded in an Ideya-powered glow.

"NiGHTS? So, only you survived? Shame, then I'll have to subject you to my full power!" Wizeman said.

"Bring it on Wizeman! I'm not afraid of you!" NiGHTS retorted.

"You fool, even with your Ideya, it pales compared to my might! Observe!" Wizeman said as his hands glowed once more as they were filled with dark purple energy. Wizeman fired six beams which then combined into one giant one as NiGHTS charged into him.

NiGHTS collided with the beam and struggled to move against it. He and Wizeman were at a stalemate. NiGHTS's aura expanded to move against Wizeman's beams.

"Futile!" Wizeman called out.

Wizeman wasn't kidding. Even with the Ideya, NiGHTS realized how outclassed they were due to the emeralds. NiGHTS tried to push against the beam, but it was no use. Wizeman was too strong. NiGHTS began to grunt and their aura grew smaller and smaller and Wizeman's beam was getting closer.

"NiGHTS, you and your persistence have been a thorn in my side long enough! Die!" Wizeman said.

As the beam began to push NiGHTS back, NiGHTS let out a small laugh, catching Wizeman's attention.

"Why do you laugh at your destruction?"

"Actually...I'm laughing at yours!"

Suddenly, two blue streaks appeared at the top at one of Wizeman's hands and they dashed forward and took the blue Chaos Emerald from it. Holding it, were Sonic and Rainbow Dash as they descended down beneath Wizeman, Sonic waved his finger at Wizeman while Rainbow Dash stuck her tongue out. Wizeman's beam became slightly smaller.

"What????!???" Wizeman cried out in astonishment as they saw their missing emerald.

In the next hand, the red emerald was wrapped around by a lasso and Knuckles glided on to the hand and held on to the emerald. AppleJack pulled her lasso back alongside Knuckles, taking the emerald away from the hand. Wizeman turned to it.

"No!" He yelled. He now was missing two emeralds.

The hand that had contained the cyan emerald was suddenly in contact with a green streak. The streak was Manic, who was pulling Fluttershy alongside him. Fluttershy closed her eyes as they came close to the emerald and she stuck her hand out. The two of them grabbed the emerald and escaped Wizeman's clutches. Wizeman turned with anger as his aura became weaker and began to flicker. NiGHTS could feel his beam becoming weaker and began to move forward. At one of the hands near the bottom of Wizeman, Sunset flew towards, holding Tails as she did. As they reached the emerald, she let Tails go and he fell down and snatched it. Before he could sink into the dark ocean, Sunset swooped him up quickly. Wizeman's power began to drop even more as now only his head glowed. Then, Wizeman felt a strong grip on the gray emerald. He looked and saw a chain of diamonds were surrounding. Rarity held on to the chain and Silver's body began to glow and so did the chain and the emerald. Rarity and Silver both pulled forward and the emerald escaped from Wizeman and towards them. With only two emeralds left, Wizeman's beam was now only slightly larger than NiGHTS, who was easily able to pass through it.

"You can't do this!" Wizeman screamed as NiGHTS approached him.

"Yeah, we can!" Wizeman heard Pinkie cheerfully say. He turned and saw her falling towards his hand that had the purple emerald. As she fell through it, Pinkie took the emerald before Wizeman could even react.

Wizeman was so distracted by Pinkie, that he didn't notice that NiGHTS had reached his center. By the time he noticed, he saw NiGHTS's hand grab hold of the green emerald and fly right through him. All the power Wizeman had left him and Wizeman's head lost its glow.

"NOOOOO!" He cried out due to the loss of his emeralds.

NiGHTS and the others regrouped themselves in front of the depowered ruler of Nightmare. He looked at them with bewilderment and disbelief. They looked at him triumphantly and holding the emeralds, making him rumble with anger.

"How? How can this be?! Give me back my emeralds!!!" Wizeman demanded.

"Sorry no face, they aren't yours, to begin with." Sonic told him.

"You are but mere insects..." Wizeman started before NiGHTS cut him off.

"That was your mistake Wizeman. You thought yourself as being so invincible that nothing could harm you. It's true that we couldn't physically do anything to you, but we could outsmart you. We just needed you to let your guard down." NiGHTS mocked as he flashed the emerald to Wizeman.

"I AM THE RULER OF NIGHTMARE! I CONTROL ALL NIGHTMARES!!!! YOU ARE NOTHING!" Wizeman boasted with fury. Silver shook his head at his statement.

"Didn't you hear what I said before? You can control nightmares, so what?" Silver calmly responded.

"That means nothing when it comes to dreams. Allow us to demonstrate." Rarity said as she and Silver both placed their hands on the emerald.

Sonic, Rainbow Dash, Tails, Sunset, Knuckles, AppleJack, Manic, and Fluttershy did the same with the emeralds they had. Pinkie came next to NiGHTS and they both held out their individual emeralds next to each other towards Wizeman. NiGHTS grinned to Pinkie and she did the same.

"I'll try it your way." NiGHTS said as all of them began to glow with the emeralds. Wizeman looked on in horror. This was something he had never felt before. It was now his nightmare.

"CHAOS...CONTROL!" Everyone yelled as they clutched the emeralds and released a giant white energy wave throughout Nightmare.

"ARGGGGGGGGGGGHH!!!!!!!" Wizeman screamed as he was engulfed by the light. The light began to shine throughout the dimension....