• Published 4th Jul 2017
  • 1,298 Views, 35 Comments

Sonic and Equestria Girls: Journey into Dreams - SonicAKG



Sonic, the Equestria Girls and their friends venture to the Dream World with help from NiGHTS

  • ...
3
 35
 1,298

The Nightmare Zone Part 2

The Nightmare Zone part 2

Rainbow Dash flew through the area of the Nightmare Zone she was in. Half of the sky was the night filled with bright stars while the other half was a large purple mist. It contained a large bright yellow sun like object which separated the two sections. It too had the caged goblets of fire as the previous parts of the zone except that they had long extending golden chains which slowly moved around, pulling the goblets either up or down. It had many golden rings which had slowly rotating blades on the outside. In the center of each ring was a red jewel which was in a smaller ring. Seeing all those blades made Rainbow Dash nervous and she tried to hurry her way through the zone, but it was no use. She didn't know where to go. She began to look around to see if there was an exit maybe.

"I don't even know how long I've been flying. What's wrong with this place?" She irritably said.

Rainbow then noticed another sphere shaped like the one where Tails and Pinkie meet Gulpo. On it, she saw Shadow laying on top of it, unconscious.

"Shadow?" She said and then she quickly descended down to his location and came next to him. Before she could touch him, Shadow's eyes began to open and he picked himself up from the ground slowly. He was a little dazed but he clenched his fist and regained his focus.

"Shadow, are you ok?" Rainbow asked him, causing him to realize that she was next to him and he turned to her.

"What kind of question is that? I'm the Ultimate Lifeform. Of course, I'm fine." He responded, making her lower her eyelids.

"(Yeah, he's fine. Same ego as usual.)"

Shadow began to study the Nightmare Zone after he took notice of where he was. There was silence for a while between him and Rainbow Dash before Rainbow decided to speak up.

"So, any idea where we are?" She asked.

"How am I supposed to know that?" Shadow snapped, making her lift and eyebrow and she folded her arms.

"Do you always have to be so grumpy?" She asked with an annoyed tone.

"Not now Rainbow Dash. I need to concentrate and I don't need the female Sonic distracting me." He responded.

The words 'female Sonic' made took Rainbow Dash back and she made an offended sound. She couldn't believe he had just said that. She put her hands on her hips and gave Shadow a heavy glare.

"Well, I don't need any attitude from the fake Sonic!" She shot back, making Shadow turn to her quickly with an infuriated look. She gave him a smirk and Shadow sighed. He placed his hand over his face.

"I don't have time for this. Anyway, I wasn't expecting that Wizeman figure to be able to use Chaos Control. If had the last emerald, I could warp us out of here, but Silver still has it." Shadow explained.

"So basically, there's no way out." Rainbow said with a heavy sigh. "I've been flying around for what seems like forever and I haven't been able to find an exit."

Shadow resumed looking out towards the Nightmare Zone. His eyes darted across it as if he was looking for something.

"What are you doing? I already said that there's no exit."

"I know. I'm looking to see if Reala pops up. I need to hurt something."

Shadow's need was answered when suddenly another Nightmaren came down in front of the two of them. It was a large cat with dark blue fur with bright orange stripes running down its back. Bright red stripes decorated its arms and legs. It had large blue stripes near its crystal blue hands, which possessed 3 sharp claws. Two blue spikes protruding out of its back. It had a yellow star on its forehead with red eyes and yellow sclera. Sharp yellow teeth were shown through its wide grin. It was known as Clawz. Rainbow Dash got into a defensive stance while Shadow did a small cocky smile upon seeing it.

"Oh well, I guess I'll make do with this one." He decided.


Rather than attack them, Clawz did a large leap away from Shadow and Rainbow Dash onto the bottom part of the sphere, making the two of them pursue it. They reached the other end in no time, but when they were there, Clawz was nowhere to be found. Rainbow Dash became confused while Shadow just looked around.

"Hey, where'd it go?" Rainbow asked.

Suddenly, many rockets which had pink mice heads attached to the top of them began to pop up, circling them. Rainbow Dash lost her caution and was even more confused than before while Shadow still kept his guard up.

"What are these? They look like toys. Is this supposed to be an attack?" Rainbow questioned as she approached one of the heads and tapped it slightly. Shadow still searched for Clawz, but there was no sign of it. He felt it was up to something.

The end of the rocket which Rainbow Dash touched suddenly began to spark up, surprising her as she stumbled back. The other rockets began to spark up as well and they all launched themselves up in the air. Shadow and Rainbow Dash looked up and saw the rockets take off. Once in the air, the rockets suddenly turned around and aimed towards the two of them. Rainbow Dash gasped in panic as the volley of rockets headed their way. They both dashed off quickly with the rockets in pursuit.

"Just toys huh?" Shadow told Dash as they fled.

"I was wrong, ok? Just run!"

"I have a better idea."

Shadow stopped in his tracks, making Rainbow do the same thing suddenly.` He turned and faced the rockets. Shadow generated a Chaos Spear in his hand and he launched it towards the rockets, expecting a large explosion as his spear collided with them. However, the rockets dispersed themselves, each avoiding Shadow's spear. Shadow formed a shocked look at what had just happened while Rainbow Dash's jaw dropped slightly.

"Ineffective?" He said before he and Rainbow resumed heading away from the rockets. They two of them went around the spheres around 4 times rapidly. It looked like they were stuck in an endless loop.

"This is ridiculous! This can't go on forever!" Shadow yelled.

He was right. They were bound to slow down eventually. Rainbow Dash thought hard of a way to get rid of the rockets. She then turned to Shadow.

"You're right. We need to find that cat thing. I'll leave that up to you." Rainbow said as she diverted into the same direction as the missiles. Rainbow Dash managed to fly above them, causing them to chase just her, letting Shadow come to a stop as he observed her flying from them.

"Fine." Shadow agreed. He then thought of where Clawz could be. They had circled the sphere many times and they didn't find it anywhere. Shadow looked up from the sphere and at the surrounding area, specifically the golden rings with blades. Shadow squinted and he noticed in the corner of his eye what appeared to be a small bright orange end of a cattail behind one of them on his left.

"Got you." Shadow said as he jumped up and became a yellow streak.

Shadow streaked behind the ring and he found himself behind Clawz, who was in a pouncing position as they watched the rockets chase Rainbow Dash. Shadow landed down with a large stomp, startling Clawz who turned and saw him as it formed a worried look. Before Clawz could respond, Shadow dashed forward with a strong kick, which knocked it off the ring and it started to fall through the zone. Rainbow Dash noticed Clawz coming down towards her as she still flew and changed her direction towards him, with the rockets following. She then grabbed the Nightmaren by the tail and held it up in front of the approaching missiles. Just as they almost reached her, she threw Clawz with great force in front, making it collide with the missiles and causing a large explosion to occur. However, Rainbow Dash was quite close to the explosion and she was blown back due to its force. She began to head down towards the sphere, almost unconscious. Luckily, Shadow dashed and grabbed her before she hit the ground and they landed together. Shadow gently placed her on the floor. Rainbow Dash took some time to recompose herself and she sat up. She gave Shadow a grin.


"Thanks! We were pretty awesome out there, right?" She said as she stuck out her hand for a fist bump.

"I'm going to try and find some way out of here." Shadow simply said, leaving her hanging. He stood up and went back to staring at the zone. Rainbow frowned and she lowered her hand.

"Remind me again how you and Sonic ended up being friends?" Rainbow Dash asked him.

"'Friends' is pushing it." Shadow explained, still looking out.


Manic laid down on the floor of the Nightmare Zone he was in with his hands behind his head while AppleJack looked down at him with a look of disapproval. The two of them were on a circular golden platform with 4 jewels on its corners. The center was a hole which revealed there to be a dark purple mist underneath it. It had three giant torches with blue flames. The background had another red moon as well. There were many golden spiked gates around it and the platform had two golden chains attached to it. The clocktower with the eye was present again as well.

"Manic, what do you think yer doin'? We need to go and find everyone else." AppleJack reminded him.

"True, but do you even remember our way into this place? Cuz I sure don't. I hate to admit it, but we're probably stuck here." Manic calmly replied.

"How do you know if you haven't even tried?" AppleJack said.

"I said probably. Look around, I don't even know which way is left or right. In the meantime, I think we should just wait around and see if something happens." Manic insisted.

AppleJack didn't get how laidback Manic could be, but everything he said was true.

"That could take forever. We have to do something." She pointed out.

"Like what? Is wandering around aimlessly any better than being just stuck in one place." He replied. She couldn't argue with him there. He was right again.

"I hate this!" AppleJack said as she stomped her foot down.

"Lighten up. While we wait, we could get some R and R." Manic suggested.

"Manic, we're not here on vacation, remember?"

"Just a suggestion."

In the center of the platform, a creature began to slowly rise, getting Manic's attention as he stood up. AppleJack saw him do this and she turned around to see what Manic was looking at. In the center, was a giant jester of some sort. It had large orange shoes with yellow stripes. Beneath it was many floating cards. Two orange gloves with stars on them and blue and orange cuffs covered its hands which were crossed. The strange thing about was that it other than hands, feet, and head, it had no body. It had a spread out spiky cape which looked like a dark swirling portal on the inside. An orange and yellow large collar was where its neck should have been. Its head had a black face with two large blue eyes. Its jester hat was pointed forward and inward with the hat being red and its extensions were red with golden stripes at the top. They were separated by white stripes from the main hat. The jester wore a crazy toothy grin. This Nightmaren was called Jackle. Manic looked disappointed by its appearance and AppleJack slightly smiled, amused by it suddenly showing up.

"Well Manic, there's yer something." She said as she placed her hand on his shoulder.

"So much for R and R." He muttered.

Jackle made a card appear between its fingers. The back of the card showed the Ace of Spades, which had a skull in the center of the spade.

"Ace of Spades....the death card?" Manic said confused.

Jackle turned the card around which then revealed an image of Manic trapped in it. His face cried out for help as his hands were pressed against the card. AppleJack turned to Manic, who gave Jackle an intense glare.

"What? Is that supposed to scare me? You're going down!" Manic declared as he pointed to Jackle. "AppleJack, step back. This guys mine."


Jackle let out a mad yell and tossed the card towards Manic as if it was a boomerang. Manic dashed towards the card and he stopped it mid-air as he placed his foot on it. Manic then kicked the card hard with his other foot, sending it hurling back towards Jackle's head.

"No thanks. Keep this!" He called out

When the card reached Jackle, it simply caught the card, much to Manic's dismay. Jackle then generated a second card in its other hand and displayed the cards to Manic.

"Two? So what? Bring it on!"

Manic rushed to Jackle who then sent the two cards to Manic after it let out a crazy laugh. Manic got close to the two cards and he slid underneath them. He then dashed towards Jackle.

"Gotcha Bi-" Manic yelled but when he reached Jackle, he was suddenly blown back and he spun around to the ground with a thud. Manic then saw the two cards headed towards him from both sides. Before they touched him, AppleJack lassoed the one on the right and she sent it towards the other card, making them explode in a puff of smoke.

"Thanks for the assist, but that should do it. I have this under control." Manic said as he turned to her.

"Sure ya do." She said, not convinced.

Jackle let out another made cackle. This time, it sent out multiple cards towards Manic. Manic leaped towards them and he jumped off them one by one before he again dashed towards Jackle and again, he was sent back to the ground. Manic didn't get what was going on. The cards then approached him, but he dodged each of them, making them hit each other. Manic then dashed behind Jackle.

"(From the behind should do the trick!)" He thought as he charged towards the Nightmaren's back. The same result happened as Manic was repelled back to the floor.

"You want some help now?" AppleJack called to him.

"No! This is just a minor setback!" Manic insisted and he looked up at Jackle. "What cheat tool are you using?"

Jackle let out a mad whoo sound and launched three cards to Manic. Manic dashed away as the card began to pursue him and he ran around the platform many times as Jackle observed him.

"(How am I supposed to hurt this guy?)" Manic thought.

AppleJack began to focus on Jackle as Manic continued to run from the cards.

"Nothin' seems to hurt this fella....what could its secret be?" AppleJack said to herself as she studied Jackle. Her eyes landed on its arms, feet, and head.

"Its body looks pretty normal. Maybe its somethin' that its wearin'.....I think I got!"

AppleJack then rose up and she began to fly towards Jackles back, passing Manic by as she did. Jackle didn't notice as it was focused on Manic.

"Hey, what are you doing? I already called dibs!" He said.

"You'll want my help, trust me, partner." She replied as she reached behind Jackle.

AppleJack took out her lasso and swung it around before she released. The lasso landed on the top of Jackle's cape, making it fumble around as it noticed that it was caught by something. AppleJack struggled to keep her lasso on and she gave a mighty pull, which pulled Jackle slightly back. AppleJack continued to pull with great strength and then she managed to remove Jackles cape which she threw down into the purple mist. Jackle began to spaz out due to the loss of its cape, leaving it wide open.

"Manic, try hittin' it now!" She instructed.

Manic stopped running and faced the three cards headed towards him. Manic jumped and he stopped the first card with his foot again and he kicked it towards Jackle. It exploded when it the Nightmaren, causing it to stagger. Manic then did the same to the other two cards and they headed straight to Jackle. They both hit it at the same time, making a large explosion the size of Jackle's head. Jackle fell back into the dark mist below.

"Ah, that wasn't too difficult. Knew I could handle it." Manic said as he dusted his hands.

"Ahem." Manic heard and he turned and saw AppleJack giving him an annoyed look as she crossed her arms. Manic let out a small groan.

"Ok fine, maybe I couldn't handle it alone. Thanks for the assist." He admitted, making her lighten up.

"So what do we do now?" AppleJack then asked.

"This." Manic responded as he laid back down on the ground with his earlier position, making AppleJack let out a sigh. She expected something like that.