• Published 4th Jul 2017
  • 1,298 Views, 35 Comments

Sonic and Equestria Girls: Journey into Dreams - SonicAKG



Sonic, the Equestria Girls and their friends venture to the Dream World with help from NiGHTS

  • ...
3
 35
 1,298

The Nightmare Zone Part 1

The Nightmare Zone part 1

Knuckles felt his eyes beginning to flicker before he managed to open them fully. He felt his body laid down on some kind of cool metal surface and he lifted himself slowly and managed to get his balance. Knuckles rubbed his head slightly as his eyes shut.

"What just happened?" He groaned.

When Knuckle's eyes opened again, he saw Sunset on the floor right across from him. Her eyes were closed, showing she was out cold. Knuckles eyes widened with a worried look when he saw her and quickly rushed to her side. When he came next to her and knelt, he began to shake her slightly.

"Sunset, Sunset. Wake up." He urged, causing her body to stir with slight movement and her eyes began to open slowly. Knuckles let out a small sigh of relief and Sunset began to rise from the ground. She gripped her head in pain and turned to Knuckles.

"Knuckles? Where's everyone else?" She asked tiredly.

"Beats me. Looks like you and I are the only ones here. Speaking of which, where the hell are we?" Knuckles responded.

He and Sunset began to examine their location. In it, there was a large red moon in the background with a purple-blue sky. They were on a golden platform decorated with a brown center with copper symbols around it. There were many large sharp looking pendulums with golden tops and silver symbols swinging slowly. There were golden chains extended throughout the area alongside many caged golden goblets with greenish-blue flames and three tipped spears as well. There was a blue square shaped clock tower in the background as well which had two clocks on its two side faces and a slightly opened blue eye in the middle face. To Knuckles and Sunset, the area was indescribable. It was so...crazy looking as they tried to make sense of what they were witnessing.

"This place is weird. I think we might be in that Nightmare place NiGHTS was talking about." Sunset said as she looked around with an uneasy expression. "I don't like it. It's giving me the creeps. Especially that clock eye. "

"I'm with you. Let's get out of here." Knuckles agreed.

"Yeah, but where do we even start?"

"Good question."

Knuckles and Sunset walked a little further along their platform, trying to see if it would lead anywhere, but it looked like there was no exit ahead. Or above.

"Perfect. Now we're even more lost than before and we've lost the others!" Knuckles said in frustration as he clenched his fist.

"Take it easy. We just need to think of a plan. Somehow." Sunset said. But Knuckles was right. It looked like they were sitting ducks here. They had no idea where to even start moving.

"So, are we supposed to just wait for something to happen or what?" Knuckles said as he sat down on the floor and crossed his arms.

"I-" Sunset began before she was interrupted by a very strange loud noise. It sounded very similar to that of the singing of an opera woman. Sunset became startled by the noise and she nervously tried to find the source while Knuckles jumped up from the ground and put his fist together.

"What now?!" Knuckles said annoyed.

"Where's it coming from?" Sunset wondered.

Above them, the origin of the sound came down. It had a large balloon-like lower half with the bottom part having pink and blue sections. It was separated from the upper half by 4 golden circles and a golden circle with a large red jewel in the center. The top part had orange and yellow sections. The figure wore long pink gloves with golden rings and blue fingertips. They had a large chest which was covered by a pink breastplate with different jewels on them. They had bright red lips and a pink mask with blue mascara. They had large two pink bunny-like ears. It was a Nightmaren known as Puffy. Knuckles and Sunset looked up at Puffy with disgusted and shocked looks as they squinted and their mouths were slightly open. They were speechless at their sight.

"Well, now we know why this place is called Nightmare." Knuckles managed to say.


"This thing doesn't look like much. I got this." Knuckles confidently said. He clenched his fist and he jumped up towards Puffy and he delivered a hard punch to their lower half. However, instead of Puffy being blown back, their lower half absorbed the impact of Knuckles blow as his fist extended into it. Knuckles was then launched back onto the ground and he landed hard. When he rose up, he was dumbfounded by what had just happened.

"What the hell?" Knuckles said with surprise. "Alright then. A little more force should do it!"

Knuckles jumped right back to Puffy and he released a series of punches in the same area he had hit before. Each blow had no effect as they were just being absorbed by Puffy's body and only made ripples. Knuckles's punches became harder with each strike but the result didn't change. Puffy then let out a loud opera like yell, releasing a loud pink soundwave, making Sunset cover her ears and Knuckles did the same, trapped in mid-air as the soundwave echoed through him. Puffy then backhanded Knuckles onto the ground back next to Sunset, leaving him stunned as he laid on the floor.

"Knuckles!" Sunset yelled as she ran over and checked to make sure he wasn't too hurt. She then turned to Puffy and gave her a glare. Her hands became surrounded in a swirl of flames. Sunset then fired a stream of fire at Puffy, which engulfed her completely. When the flames stopped, Puffy appeared, unscathed, leaving Sunset surprised at the ineffectiveness of her fire.

"Nothing?!" Sunset exclaimed.

Puffy responded by releasing another opera-like soundwave which sent Sunset and Knuckles both sliding against the floor. The two then rose up, a little dazed and they saw Puffy beginning to sing a harmless opera song loudly.

"Now what's it doing?" Knuckles said as he recovered from Puffy's soundwave.

"Probably some kind of victory song. How do we fight this thing?" Sunset replied.

"Whenever I fight against something I just punch its lights out. That's not working here." Knuckles realized.

"Then we'll have to change our strategy. It has to have some kind of weakness." Sunset said, analyzing Puffy's appearance and trying to see if they had a weak spot.

Puffy then stopped their opera singing and began to fly towards the two of them. Knuckles and Sunset braced for a collision but instead, Puffy just flew over, not even touching them.

"What is it up to?" Sunset asked as she noticed what had just happened

Suddenly above them, three giant rectangular gems appeared which were yellow, purple, and red. The gems then began to fall towards Knuckles and Sunset. Sunset gasped while Knuckles grinned widely.

"Finally, something I can hit!" Knuckles shouted with glee as he jumped up and shattered each of the gems into pieces as his fist broke through them like nothing. Knuckles landed on the ground with many broken gem shards around him as Sunset covered her head to prevent them from hitting her. Sunset gave him a slightly annoyed look and Knuckles noticed this.

"Sorry. I'm just glad that I was able to punch something. That things body is like a balloon." Knuckles said with a shrug. The word balloon made Sunset put her hand on her chin and she began to think.

"Balloon..." Sunset pondered. She then snapped her fingers. She had an idea.

"I got it! Knuckles, since her body is like a balloon, instead of hitting her, why don't we try popping her instead?" Sunset suggested.

"Popping? Hmm, that could work." Knuckles said as he now examined the spikes on his gloves. He then turned to Puffy and gave them a menacing grin. Sunset picked a large sharp piece of the leftover gems the size of a sword.

"When she comes by again, let's pop it." Sunset instructed. Knuckles gave her the thumbs up.

Puffy then began to float down towards the two of them again and Knuckles and Sunset got ready. When Puffy approached them closely, Knuckles and Sunset both moved on the opposite sides of them and headed towards their lower half. Knuckles pressed the back of his hand on the right while Sunset jammed the gem shard into Puffy's left, piercing through their body. The two of them then removed themselves from Puffy, causing air to quickly leave their body and they began to fly around and deflate quickly like a popped balloon. Their hands gripped their face in anguish as they flew. Knuckles and Sunset landed on the ground.

"Yeah!" They said as they high fived.



Puffy's body began to fly around the area crazily for a while until their deflated form suddenly draped over Knuckles. Sunset let out a slightly disgusted gasp while Knuckles blinked twice and was silent for a moment before he yelled out loud and threw Puffy off him as fast as he could. He began to breathe in deeply and he shivered with distaste.

"I need a shower." Knuckles said as he rubbed his arms. Sunset put a reassuring hand on his shoulder.


Tails and Pinkie Pie began to fall through the section of the Nightmare Zone they were trapped in. Tails was yelling out loud for his life and his limbs were scrambling about. Pinkie was screaming too, but her yells were more excited ones. Tails turned to her as they fell.

"Pinkie, can't you fly!? Why are you falling with me?!" Tails shouted.

"Because, falling is so much fun!" She shrieked.

The falling came to a stop as the two of them landed on a surface with a heavy impact. Tails groaned in pain as he got up while Pinkie shot up from the ground, perfectly fine.

"That was fun!" She exclaimed.

"Not really." Tails said as he straightened his back.

Tails took a look at where he and Pinkie Pie were. They landed on an egg-shaped sphere which was covered with red and blue tiles shaped like diamonds while the top they were on was a golden surface. The zone contained a starry night sky on one side, which was covered in a variety of oddly shaped mirrors with purple cloudy surfaces. The other side seemed to have a purple wall-like structure similar to one that someone might find in a house in the background and it contained the same oddly shaped mirrors as its opposite side. It contained caged goblets of fire like the previous section of the Nightmare Zone. Pinkie began to observe the zone and she was in awe at how unique it was.

"This place is freaky." She commented.

"Freaky is an understatement. We need to be careful. We've already lost everyone else. We need to stick together and -"Tails began to say before he noticed Pinkie wandering off on the sphere, making him yelp out of concern.

"Pinkie! Come back! You could -" Tails tried to warn until he saw Pinkie walking on the side of the sphere and not fall off it at all. She walked on it like she normally would over any path. Tails couldn't believe what he was seeing.

"-Fall...off." Tails finished. He ran over to join her and he noticed that he was able to travel all over the sphere without any danger of coming off it. Tails was stumped.

"Ho-how is this possible? This defies logic in all shapes and forms." Tails said, trying to understand the Nightmare Zone.

"It's a dream silly! Anything's possible!" Pinkie said as she suddenly appeared behind and gave him a poke in the back. Tails tried to figure out how she was able to move behind so fast, but he decided it was best just to leave it.

"Ok, ok. I'll figure this out later. Now we need to find a way out of here and find the others." Tails decided.

"Okey-dokey! Uh, how do we do that?" Pinkie asked.

Just as Tails was about to respond, suddenly he and Pinkie Pie felt the sphere shake with great force. The two of them struggled to maintain their balance and wobbled.

"W-wwww-wwwoowwwww! S-s-s-soo sh-sh-sh-shakey!" Pinkie yelled.

The two of them turned and they saw a giant blue fish creature approaching them with a wave of water underneath. It had sharp teeth and red glaring eyes. It had yellow spikes with orange tips along its back and three spikes surrounding its head. It was a Nightmaren known as Gulpo. It stopped in front of them and the sphere stopped shaking. Tails and Pinkie saw it looking at them angrily as they regained their balance.

"If we want to go ahead, I suppose we need to beat that thing first." Tails said.

"Time for a boss battle!" Pinkie said as she began to jump and down, bursting with excitement.

"This is the perfect time to test out an invention of mine I've been working on." Tails said as he pressed a button on the side of his wristwatch. Tails's watch began to grow larger and it turned a bright red color as it engulfed his entire arm and it gained a hole surrounded by yellow accents. It was now an arm cannon. Tails aimed it Gulpo, whose glare intensified at him.

"I call this my Miles Buster!" Tails announced proudly

"What a rip-off." Pinkie muttered under her breath in an unimpressed tone.

Tails arm cannon began to gather yellow energy and it began to charge a yellow sphere the size of Tails's head. Tails then launched the energy ball directly at Gulpo. When it reached Gulpo's head, the ball disappeared into harmless sparks of light. Pinkie looked at Gulpo then at Tails, who stared down at his Miles Buster.

"It didn't work." Pinkie pointed out.

"Hehe...that's because that was just a warm up. Try this!" Tails said as he re-aimed the cannon at Gulpo and began to fire a barrage of spheres at the Nightmaren. Each of them just dissipated again upon contact. Gulpo just waited for an actual attack to happen. Pinkie looked down at a watch on her hand, not impressed with what was going. Tails began to sweat slightly as he saw that each shot was useless. Tails then lowered the cannon and looked at down it again, very disappointed.

"Oh..." Tails said with a defeated expression.

Gulpo then let out a large roar, making Tails and Pinkie Pie jump back suddenly. A stream of water appeared underneath it again, indicating that it was beginning to move and it started to approach them as it opened it's mouth up wide. The two of them gasped in fright.

"Run for it!" Pinkie yelled as she grabbed Tails and the two of them began to run or rather fly away from the Nightmaren that was hot on their tail, trying to catch them with its teeth. Luckily, they were too fast and managed to get far ahead of it and nearly reached the other side of the sphere.

"Well, that failed! My attacks were like nothing to it! Pinkie, any ideas?" Tails asked her as they flew.

"I'm more a partier than a fighter." Pinkie admitted.

Gulpo then appeared behind the two of them almost in an instant and let out another roar, stunning the two of them in place as they landed on the ground due to the power of its roar. Gulpo appeared before them and it looked as if they were at its mercy. Tails closed his eyes as Gulpo charged towards them with its teeth when Pinkie felt her nose itch. It began to twitch for a while and Pinkie let out a large sneeze, which appeared in the form of a pink sparkling powder which came over Gulpos eyes, preventing it from eating them. Gulpo flailed around due to Pinkie's sneeze and Tails opened his eyes and saw this.

"Come on, let's go!" Pinkie yelled as she grabbed Tails and then flew him over to the bottom part of the sphere quickly, leaving Gulpo behind. When they reached it, the two of them saw a purple swirling pool of darkness in the center.

"Wow!" Pinkie said as she peered into it with interest. She saw a swirling version of her reflection and she giggled.

Tails studied the portal and then he remembered what happened with Pinkie's powder and Gulpo. He then formed a smile. He had a plan.

"Pinkie, I think I know what to do." Tails announced, making Pinkie turn to him.

"I need you to make the biggest powder cloud you can." Tails told her.

"Sure thing!" Pinkie eagerly responded.

Pinkie closed her eyes and her body began to glow a light pink color. She then transferred the energy around her body into her two hands, which began to flash pink. The flashes grew larger and larger until they were almost the size of Pinkie herself. She then clapped her hands together, creating a giant pink sparkly cloud which began to spread around the sphere until it covered it completely. On the other end, Gulpo managed to recover from the powder in its eyes and opened them again. When it did, Gulpo saw itself covered in the pink cloud. It looked around with a confused expression, not sure where to begin looking for Tails and Pinkie as it couldn't see at all. It let out a roar and then decided to move forward, hoping to catch them in its jaws. Gulpo moved across the sphere until it reached the bottom. As it was near it, it heard voices in the mist.

"I hope we managed to get away from that thing." Tails voice said.

Gulpo let out a small laugh. It followed the sound of Tails's voice and increased its speed and charged rapidly. It let out an even louder roar when it reached the source of his voice, but when it did, it saw itself headed straight towards the dark swirling whirlpool. Gulpo's face broke out into one of horror as it dove into the pool. It began to flail around in panic as it was sinking into the vortex before it was fully engulfed. The cloud then cleared, revealing Pinkie Pie holding Tails hand as they floated just right above the sphere.


"Perfect." Tails said as he landed back on the sphere and dusted his hands. "Great job Pinkie!" He didn't' hear a response to his compliment and he became a little confused.

"Pinkie?"

Tails looked and he saw Pinkie looking down into the swirling pool again. She began to ooh and awe as she saw her swirling reflection again.

"Heelloooo? Mr. Fish?" Pinkie called into the vortex.