• Published 13th Jun 2017
  • 998 Views, 22 Comments

TMMDW:The Mysterious Mare do Well - Equinoxx



Follow Seastar, a former human male, now a pony female, as she becomes 'The Mysterious Mare do Well'!

  • ...
10
 22
 998

Episode 7: A royal pain and some loyal assistance

On my way back to the castle, I saw Rainbow sitting atop a building. Now I had to make a choice. Do I see what's bothering Rainbow, or do I go to Princess Celestia if she knows where Blueblood could be hiding? Well I figured I could do both. I jumped onto the building she was on and sat down next to her. "What's the matter?" I asked, making her jump into the air and hover.

"What does it matter to you?" She asked bitterly as she landed and sat back down, looking away from me.

"It doesn't, but whatever it is, it matters to you." I stated matter of factly.

"Yeah well I ain't telling you anything." She huffed.

"I never said you had to." I then got a decent idea. "But I would like your help."

"Wait what now?" She looked at me with wide eyes. "You need my help?" I swear I could hear 'Rainbow.E.X.E has stopped working.'

I nodded in confirmation.

"With what?" I could nearly feel the eagerness in her voice.

"Well you see, Blueblood has escaped and I'm assuming that Celestia may know where find him. Obviously, the guards probably won't let me in, because I'm just some vigilante, but they'd have to let you in since you're a national hero." I explained. "So do you understand what I'm asking of you?"

"You want me to help you get in so that you can talk to the princess?" Rainbow summarized.

I nodded. "Are you up for it?" I asked.

She shrugged. "Eh, why not?" Pretending not to be eager to help, are you Rainbow?

Anyway we went to the castle. Once at the front gate, two guards blocked our path with their spears. Both looking right at me. "Relax, she's with me." Rainbow told them. The two guards looked at each other, nodded, looked back at us and lowered their spears, letting us pass.

We soon made our way to the throne room and I pushed the doors open with my magic. If Celestia was surprised to see me, she didn't show it. We went on until we were roughly eight feet from the throne. To my slight surprise, Rainbow bowed and I decided to be polite and bow as well. "Hello Rainbow Dash." Celestia greeted. "I don't believe I know your name." She directed that at me.

"I go by 'The Mysterious Mare do Well', your highness." I responded. "I'm here because, as you know, your nephew, Prince Blueblood, recently set up and executed an attack at the garden party that was hosted tonight. Assumingly to get revenge on Rarity and appearently otherthrow you. Unfortunately for him I was there just in time, but he escaped. I wanted to know if you have any idea as to where to find him." I explained.

"Hmm and why would I tell you where my nephew could be? For all I know, you intend to hurt him." Celestia asked to which I was about to respond to but...

"Oh come on!" Rainbow yelled. "After what he did?! Your worried that he may get some bruises!? He deserves a-" I cut off Rainbow's outburst by tapping her on the shoulder. She looked at me and I gave her my best 'I'll handle this' look from behind my mask.

I then looked back to the princess. "I promise I will not harm Prince Blueblood, unless I have to."

Celestia looked as if she was contemplating it for a moment then said. "Well then I'll tell you."


Celestia informed us that Blueblood was most likely in the museum, since he owns, or owned it. So me and Rainbow get there, then she asks. "So how are we gonna get in?"

"Well he probably has guards at the front door, so you go in through the skylight." I told her.

"What about you?" Rainbow asked.

"I'm going through the front door and distracting them. I'll need you to get behind them and take them out as quickly, but as quietly, as possible." I told her.

"Do you even have to ask if I'm quick enough?" Rainbow scoffed.

"No, not really." I then jumped to the front door, which was made out of glass, so naturally, I break it. The second I stepped into the room it was lit up by concussion spells, all going straight at me. I quickly cast a shield spell, but it quickly started to crack, so I dived for cover. I then saw Rainbow come in through the skylight and I started to hear less and less spells being cast. I decided that I waited long enough so I peaked out from my cover, which was a stone flower bed, and sa2 that the rest were now focused on Rainbow. I jumped out from cover and quickly started knocking out some more Unicorns. After under a minute all of them were down for the count.

"They're all down." I call out, to which Rainbow comes to a stop right in front of me.

"That was awesome!" She cheered.

"Maybe so, but we're not done here yet. Let's get moving." I said as I did just that, Rainbow following. We then entered the art room. In said room were two very muscular earthponies and four unicorns. I looked around the room and noticed that there is a chandelier. I motioned with my head to tell Rainbow to make it fall on them. She subtly nodded her head then got into a flight stance. I saw the unicorns aiming their horns at her and charging their magic. My answer to that was throwing down a smoke bomb, which Rainbow used as concealment to get to the chandelier. I heard a loud crash and when the smoke cleared, I saw that they were knocked out underneath the chandelier.

"Good job. Now let's check the room." I told Rainbow as I started to search.

A few minutes pass as we search for Blueblood. I heared a series of grunts and noises and I quickly go to investigate, only to find Rainbow held at knife-point by Blueblood. "Come any c-closer and I'll do it!" He yelled at me. I could tell that he didn't want to do it, but it didn't matter since Rainbow easily got out of his grasp and knocked him flat out.

"Well that went well." I said with a chuckle.

"Well he wasn't exactly strong, he just got lucky." Rainbow stated and also started laughing at Blueblood's expense.

I picked up Blueblood. "Well we should head back to the castle."

"I'm down with that." Rainbow agreed.


So once we got back to the castle and hoof over Blueblood, we were told that celestia would like to speak with us. We entered the throne room, walk up to Princess Celestia and both me and Rainbow bow.

"I thank you both for apprehending Blueblood and achieving so without doing too much damage." Celestia thanked us.

"No problem Princess." Rainbow said, while I simply nodded.

"Rainbow, I believe your friends were worried about you." Celestia told her.

I heard Rainbow release a sad sigh. "Yeah, I'm gonna go apologize to them for up and leaving like that." Rainbow admitted.

"Good idea." And with that Rainbow left the throne room, leaving only me and Celestia. There was a long silence before Celestia spoke again. "Why are you taking it into your own hooves to protect Canterlot?" She asked me.

"Because crime is getting worse and no offence, but I don't think the police or the royal guard can do it alone." I answered.

"And you're fine with putting your own life in danger?" Celestia narrowed her eyes.

I nod.

"Then I see no reason to halt you, but please do be less brutal." Celestia said with a light hearted giggle.

"I don't make promises I can't keep." I continued to stay serious.

"I see, well good luck then. You may now leave." She smiled kindly.

I bow one last time before teleporting out in a puff of smoke. I may take a lot from the Batman textbook, but I know one thing better than him. It's okay to have help.

Roll credits

Author's Note:

Never deny help from the people you trust, they are your friends for a reason.

(This chapter's former half has been edited.)

See how Rainbow reconciles with Pinkie in The Weathermare episode 1: So awesome!