• Published 13th Jun 2017
  • 999 Views, 22 Comments

TMMDW:The Mysterious Mare do Well - Equinoxx



Follow Seastar, a former human male, now a pony female, as she becomes 'The Mysterious Mare do Well'!

  • ...
10
 22
 999

Episode 5: Heroes and delicious delicious filler

So a new hero had recently appeared in Ponyville and she goes by the name: The Weathermare. That was certainly interesting. In other news, it seemed that Canterlot had began to notice Mare do Well's presence, meaning that Celestia probably noticed too.

So that's exciting and all, but I wasn't really concerned. In fact I was more interested in this new hero. Well I think you know where I wanted to go.


So I went down to Ponyville and observed atop town hall, obviously in my Mare do Well outfit. I noticed that the schoolhouse was on fire so I was about to go and put it out when suddenly a white blue whizzed past me and towards the the school. I'm assuming that was Weathermare.

I follow behind her and watched as she flew into the sky, grabbed a cloud, then brung it above the flaming building. She then hopped on it, makeing it rain, putting out the flames. She then zoomed into the schoolhouse and I followed her in.

Once we were inside we found that the building still had a lot of smoke. I decided to make my presence known by pushing the smoke out of the building with my magic. Weathermare was startled, I'm assuming she didn't see me earlier, but she instantly got back to work by ushering the kids and Cheerilie outside. I followed her out.

I made sure to get a good look at her costume, stop that, so I'll tell you what it looks like. Most of her costume was white with a dark blue thunder pattern on it. She had a bunch of flasks filled with clouds around her waist and she had a thin layer of clouds covering her mane. Her mask had yellow eyes and an opening for her mouth, which was the only part of her actual body you could see. That one detail made it obvious who she was, her coat was cyan.

Once outside she double checked to make sure everypony was okay, then turned to me. "What are you doing here?" She asked quietly. So she knows who Mare do Well is, now I definitely knew who she was.

"Well I heard there was a new hero, I simply wanted to skope things out." I explained with an obvious smirk that must've been visible through my mask.

"Why's that" She asked with a frown, annoyed tone of voice, and probably rolling her eyes.

"To make sure your not some idiot trying to be a hero." I stated calmly.

"Hey! I'm no idiot!" She yelled, getting the attention of the fillies and Cheerilie.

"I never said you were. In fact I think you handled the fire situation pretty well. The anger situation on the other hoof." I chuckled. She was vibrating with anger. "Anyway, I bid you good luck and farewell." I then teleported in a puff of smoke. Sorry Dashie, but you and Twilight are too easy to piss off, but you're not as adorable as Twilight.

Anyway I decided to explore Canterlot, as Seastar instead of Mare do Well.


I started roaming around Canterlot and don't worry, I did make myself presentable. I got some strange looks, probably because I was new, but I really didn't care.

I came across some restaurants and stores, I even pass by Fancypants and unlike others, he didn't even bat an eye at me. That's a good thing by the way. Anyway the whole thing was rather uneventful. I would've much preferred if I came across something interesting, but this just proved that life hates me.

Afterwards I decided to wander around Ponyville and boy, oh boy, do I wish I didn't. Guess who spotted me in the first few minutes... Pinkie Pie. She zipped over to me and-

"Oh hi I'm Pinkie Pie are you new you must be new because I haven't seen you before and if I haven't seen you before that means I don't know you and that means I should throw you a Welcome to Ponyville New Friend party!!!" Dear god no. She can interrupt the narration!?

"Umm, hi? I'm Seastar and no I don't want a party." I said, hoping that aft-

"What?! Why wouldn't you want a party?" Gah! Y'know what I'll just say what we said.

"I'm just not very social."

"But that doesn't mean you can't have a party! I'll throw you a smaller one if you'd like."

I honestly couldn't deny her. "Ugh fine."

"Yay! Come to Suger Cube Corner at 3:00 p.m!" She then zoomed off... Thankfully.

Well at least Pinkie's good at throwing parties.


So I wandered around Ponyville until it was time for the party and when the time did roll around, I was already about to enter the bakery. The cakes were at the counter so I asked them if they knew about the party and they told me Pinkie was upstairs in her room . I went to her room and went in.

As expected the lights were off, at least until they suddenly turned on and several ponies shouted "Surprise!" It seemed only Rainbow, Twilight and Applejack showed up. I guess that the others were busy.

"Hello everypony." I simply greeted.

"Howdy."

"Hey."

"Hello"

Applejack, Rainbow and Twilight greeted back. Pinkie then suddenly popped up out of nowhere, startling me.

"So what do you think?" She asked me.

"I'm glad you didn't invite all of Ponyville." I remarked.

"Well you wanted a small party, so I just invited all my close friends." She pointed to the other three ponies in the room. "I invited more, but they said they were busy." She said, slightly downtrotten.

I pat Pinkie's shoulder. "It's okay, I'm sure I'll meet them another time." I assure her. I then walk over to Twilight. "My name is Seastar." I stretched my hoof out for a hoofshake.

She accepted the hoofshake and said. "I'm Twilight Sparkle." She then let go of my hoof and pointed to Rainbow. "She's Rainbow Dash." She finally pointed to AJ. "And she's Applejack." Both ponies mentioned waved and I waved back.

"Well with the 'hello's' out of the way, how about we get this party started!" Rainbow suggested with a hoofpump.

"Ah think that's a mighty fine idea RD." AJ agreed. "Don'you Pinkie?" Pinkie perked up.

"Of course it is!" Pinkie practically exploded with excitement. And with that, the party officially started.

Roll credits

Author's Note:

Mare do Well has a new ally while Seastar has made some friends and has a lay of the land.

(This chapter has been slightly edited.)