• Published 13th Jun 2017
  • 998 Views, 22 Comments

TMMDW:The Mysterious Mare do Well - Equinoxx



Follow Seastar, a former human male, now a pony female, as she becomes 'The Mysterious Mare do Well'!

  • ...
10
 22
 998

Episode 11: The feeling of being watched

Winter was rolling around the corner and I could already see Cloudsdale in the distance. I'm honestly just happy for it, I'm hoping to just take a break and relax. But how would I go about that? Well let's see; Pinkie will most definitely be hosting several parties throughout the winter, I could learn more about pony culture and I could just simply have fun.

But I still had to wait until Winter to do all that. Bored, I walked over to the computer. 'I really should give her a name.' I figured. "Hi computer... I'm bored." I stated, getting into and slumping on the chair in front of her.

"I'm afraid I cannot help you with that, but I have some news from Fillydelphia" She responded.

Oh no, news normally means something bad. "What's the news?"

"There has been a string of murders there. i've already looked up who the victims are and they all are mares who are in a relationship."

That was... odd. "Do you have any clue as to why?"

"No." The computer really liked giving me one worded answers.

"Okay then, looks like I'm going to Fillydelphia." I got in my suit, went to the springpad and launched towards Fillydelphia.


After a minute of flying through the air, I saw Fillydelphia in the distance. A moment later and I was heading right towards a building. I teleported on top of it right before I went splat, It still hurt though. After I got up I decided to patrol Fillydelphia, I didn't know much about the place, but I was sure that may not be a problem.

What I didn't expect to see on the sidewalks below were dragons! But I noticed that the area looked very... Chinese? I jumped across a few buildings, not wanting to jump to conclusions, and then looked back down at the streets again. This time seeing ponies, and the place looked more like Manehatten.

So... were the dragons supposed to be there? If so then I didn't want to bother them. I never read the MLP comics, so if that's were it's from, I didn't know. I continued my patrol, but little did I know I was being watched... Spooky.

After about half an hour I finished going around Fillydelphia, finding nothing. As I check my surroundings, I noticed a pony watching me from another rooftop. The pony realized that their cover was blown, so they took off. I chased after the pony, now getting a good look at them, unfortunately they were wearing armor, so no clues there.

The armored pony jumped off a building and into an alleyway. Seeing no other way down, I teleport in front of them. "Listen, I'm not here to fight, but could you tell me why you wer- Oh god!" I yelled that last part as I dodged a slash from the sword I didn't know the armored pony had. "Okay, then we're doing this the hard way." I got into a readied stance.

The armored pony charged at me and swung their sword, which I jumped over then hit them in the head with my front hooves. It's then that I notice the sword didn't have a magic aura around it, but that didn't make sense. I had no more time to ponder that as I was struck in the side, sending me into a dumpster. I peeked out of the dumpster, seeing that I was hit by a hammer. Ow, I had no idea where that came from. I jumped out of the trash and shot some concussion spells at the armored pony. The spells just reflected off of their armor.

The hammer morphed into a second sword and they both were pointed at me. "Why are you here?" A robotic voice asked from inside the armor, but I knew it wasn't a robot. It sounded like a voice changer.

"I had a similar question, why don't you answer mine first?" I retorted.

The armor looked like it was giving me a glare. "Fine. I was making sure you weren't going to cause trouble. Now your turn to answer."

"I came here because there has been a string of murders. I just finished patrolling and was about to investigate the latest crime scene." I explained. "Also for the record, you attacked me first."

"Sorry, I just don't like being followed." 'What' Was my valid reaction.

"So you kill ponies who follow you?!" I asked in disbelief.

"... You seemed like you would survive and you did." Was their response.

'Cause that's reasonable. "... anyway, I need to go to the crime scene." I said as my horn started to glow and I turned away, preparing to teleport.

"Actually I was already there." I heard the armored pony say from behind me. I turned around and tilted my head in a questioning manner. "I already investigated the crime scene."

"What did you find?" I asked.

"Follow." They told me as the two swords morphed into a metal platform and the pony stepped onto it. I took a few seconds to blink out of my surprise, then followed them onto the platform. The platform lifted into the air and started flying out of Fillydelphia.

"Woah! I uhh, have a question." I said.

"What is it?" They asked simply.

"How do you control the metal with no magic?" The pony looked at me for a second, then put their focus back on controlling the platform. I guess they don't want to tell me.

"We're here." The platform came to a sudden stop, sending me off it and onto the ground face first. I looked up and around and noticed a bunker-like entrance. The armored pony opened the door without touching it and walked in. I followed. Inside was a stairway leading down. I followed the armored pony down and entered into a large room with a lot of equipment. The pony led me to a table which had some items on it. I noticed a piece of paper with a picture of a hoofprint on it. "I found hoofprints, a lock of hair, and signs of a struggle, as well as magical residue." The armored pony told me.

"What color is the magical residue and the lock of hair?" I asked.

"The magical residue is green and the hair is teal. I haven't had the chance of scanning the hoofprint yet though." The armored pony explained.

"Hmm. If you don't mind, could I teleport the evidence somewhere?" I ask.

"Why?" They turned to me suspiciously.

"Because I have a trusted friend who could use the evidence to find out who the murderer is." I elaborated.

They looked like they were thinking for a few seconds, then said. "Fine, but don't make me regret trusting you."

I nod, then teleport the evidence to The Well for the computer to scan. "It should take until morning." I told the armored pony.

"There's a room here, you can rest in it," The armored pony said as they started to leave.

"Hey!" I called out before they left. "Is there something I could call you by?"

The armored pony turned to me and said one word. "Alloy." They then disappeared up the stairs.

That left me to do some thinking. Alloy seemed trustworthy at least, but I still wanted to keep my guard up. Knowing that we'd continue the investigation tomorrow, I headed to bed.

Roll credits

Author's Note:

To know what is happening in Ponyville head over to The Weathermare episode 4: The black void (part 1)

(This chapter has been slightly edited.)