• Published 24th Jul 2017
  • 3,570 Views, 95 Comments

Flash Sentry, Chaos and Disharmony - Banshee531



A few weeks after the Battle of Canterlot, Flash, Twilight and their friends are called by Princess Celestia to defeat a returning evil. Will they succeed, or will Equestria be plunged into eternal chaos?

  • ...
5
 95
 3,570

Chaos in Ponyville

It was just another day in Ponyville. At least, it was supposed to be. It started with Flash Sentry, the apprentice knight of sir Grand Hoof, who was doing his usual morning patrol. At the same time, his partner on his back, a jakhowl named Springer, was also on the lookout for anything unusual.

"Everything's clear on the north side," Flash commented as he took a semi-wide turn in the sky. "Now we just need to check the Everfree Forest and we're good."

"Great, then we'll finally have some time to ourselves." Springer replied with his paw just over his eyes. "There's a new move I've been dying to try out."

"Sounds like fun," Flash said with a chuckle. However, his laughter was soon cut off when a pink and blue blur shot past the two, causing them to go spinning in midair. "WHAT THE-WHOA!?!" He yelped as he stopped spinning, trying to stabilize himself as he did. "What the heck was that?!"

"No idea," Springer said, his eyes still spinning. "And can you stop the spinny-thing?"

However, that pink and blue blur shot passed them again, but this time Flash was moved out the way just in time. He then narrowed his eyes, instantly recognizing the blur. "Rainbow Dash?" She was chasing what appeared to be a pink cloud, which was zipping through the sky. "I knew those weather ponies liked to experiment," Flash commented with slight sarcasm as he scratched his head, "but this is a new one."

"Think she's in trouble?"

"No idea partner. Though I have feeling she is."

Seeing Rainbow and the cloud coming back towards them, Flash pulled out his trusty weapon Lightbringer, a cutlass shaped sword with an orange square crossguard. The blade shined in his hoof as Flash readied it. As the cloud drew closer, Flash swung the weapon while calling out. "Flash Cutter!" From the sword shot an orange energy blade, which flew at the cloud. However, when the attack struck the cloud, instead of cutting it to pieces like Flash had intended, the blade literally bounced of it like a bouncy castle and was sent straight back at Flash.

"WHOA!" Flash and Springer called out as the pegasus ducked and felt his own attack soar over him. "What just-"

"LOOK OUT!" He couldn't finish as Rainbow yelled out. It was too late however, as the pink cloud struck the apprentice knight and his partner, sending them flying backwards.

"Seriously?!" Flash yelped as he felt himself come to a stop in the sky. Looking around, he realized that he and Springer were stuck in the pink cloud, which was made out of...cotton candy? "Okay, this day is officially getting weird."

"Tell me about it," Rainbow Dash growled as she flew over to him before helping Flash to get out of the cloud and began to pull the cotton candy off of him.

"Thanks," Flash said once he and Springer were free, "but I gotta ask, what the heck's going on?"

"That's what Ah'd like to know to!" a voice from below caught their attention. Looking down, they saw that they were actually right above Sweet Apple Acres, though it was above the cornfield that the farm owned. That and the field was now covered in...chocolate milk?

"Rainbow Dash!" Applejack yelled as she pointed to the pink cloud, which was the origin of the chocolate milk. "What's going on with this rain...I mean, chocolate milk...I mean, chocolate milk rain!?!"

"Don't ask me," Rainbow shrugged as she and the boys descended, "there's crazy weather going on all over Equestria! Cloudsdale's getting soaked by a major cola storm right now."

"This isn't natural," Flash added as he tried to push some of the clouds away, "it has to have been caused by something, or someone."

"Well don't worry," Rainbow said as she patted her chest in pride, "I'm not stopping until I get control over Ponyville. I'm taking this pink cloud storm down!"

However, the second she said that, the corn that was currently around Applejack started popping.

"Well do it fast, or we're going to drown in popcorn." Springer deadpanned, though only Flash understood what he said.

"Why would you wanna stop this?" They all looked over and saw Pinkie Pie diving in and out of the popcorn. When her head popped out, her mouth was shown to be stuffed full.

Before they could say anything, a sudden cough made them turn to see Rarity, wearing a purple raincoat and carrying a saddle umbrella, walking over to them. "I heard about your troubles Applejack and I came to see if there was anything I could do. You know, without getting wet or dirty, or doing anything that isn't from under my umbrella.

"Oh yeah," Flash sarcastically replied as he pushed some more clouds away, "we've got a list of jobs five miles long for you. Trust me, we have to-"

THOOM!

A new sudden noise drew the group's attention towards the apple trees, which had suddenly sprouted apples the size of boulders. The weight of the apples were too much for the trees, which began to bend. Seconds later, a horde of squirrels and bunnies appeared and began munching down on the apples.

"Fluttershy!" Applejack yelled at the yellow pegasus, who Flash hadn't even realised was there, "DO SOMETHING!"

Fluttershy nodded and turned to a nearby bunny, which was munching on an apple, before speaking to it. "Now, do you really-" She didn't get to finish, as in that moment the bunny's legs suddenly grew four feet. "NO!" Fluttershy screamed, "it's not possible! I must be seeing things."

Flash's head was beginning to hurt at the sight of all this craziness. That is, till he saw a familiar sight, causing him to sigh in relief. It was his best friend, Twilight Sparkle and her dragon assistant Spike walking up to him. "Don't worry everypony!" she told them, "I've learned a new spell that'll fix everything."

"Then do it already!" Flash yelled back as he tried to pull Fluttershy out of a cloud she'd accidently flown into thanks to the sudden tall bunnies.

Twilight nodded as her horn began to glow, before unleashing a radiant burst of magical energy which spread across the area. When the light faded, Twilight looked up, expecting to see everything as it should be. But, her heart sang a sorrow tone as she saw nothing had changed. "My fail safe spell...failed! NO!"

"I don't know what's doing this," Flash said as he and Fluttershy landed next to her, "but it must have some incredible magic if you can't undo it."

"What do we do then?" Twilight asked.

"Er..." Spike thought for a moment, "give up?"

"Spike," Rarity shook her head as she walked over to them and magicked her umbrella onto her back, "Twilight will come up with something."

"Yeah," Flash nodded in agreement. "All we need to do is work together, and we'll have this problem fixed in no time."

Twilight thought for a brief moment. "Time for plan B," she said before looking up, "Rainbow, can you corral all those clouds into one corner of the sky?"

Rainbow, currently covered in cotton candy, shook it off and saluted before flying off.

"I'll give her a hoof," Flash added as he to shot into the air, following the rainbow maned pegasus. The two quickly managed to redirect the clouds into one spot, where they then merged together to become one giant cloud. Said cloud was then roped up by Applejack and pulled onto the ground.

"Oh dear," Fluttershy gasped after Twilight had whispered something in her ear, "I hope that none of the animals see these delicious, chocolate filled cotton candy clouds. I'd hate to have to share them."

Flash hovered just above the cloud due to Applejack having tied it to a post, and saw Pinkie feasting on it.

"You and me both sister," Pinkie said, only for a bunch of animals to push her away as they began eating the candy. "HEY!" Flash just rolled his eyes and pulled out a chunk of the candy, which he threw at the pink earth pony. Pinkie grabbed it and smiled up at him.

"And when ya'll are done with that," Applejack added with a chuckle, "feel free to have some popcorn for dessert."

"You see Spike," Twilight told her assistant with a nudge, "you should never give up. There's nothing we can't overcome if we all work together."

In that moment, Spike suddenly spat out a fireball which transformed into a rolled up scroll.

"Looks like the princess needs us for something," Flash commented as he watched Twilight levitate and unravel it.

She quickly read through it and her eyes went wide. "Come on everypony," she said once she was done, "Princess Celestia wants to see us all in Canterlot immediately."

Nopony like the sound of that and all of them rushed towards the train station. As they did, Springer stopped at the station, realizing that they didn't get a ticket for him. "Hey!" Springer yelled at Flash with a pouting face. "What about me?"

"Stay here bud," Flash replied, patting his head with a grin. "We need sompeony to stay here and try to keep anything else that happens contained."

"Oh...okay." Springer nodded before showing a small salute. "You got it partner!"

"Thanks bud. I know you can handle it."

With that, the seven ponies rushed off towards their next big adventure.