• Published 31st May 2017
  • 1,280 Views, 28 Comments

Twilight Should be dating MY OC! - AleximusPrime



Twilight Sparkle starts to form a friendship with her crush, Flash Sentry until another stallion named Black Gryphon catches her attention. Twilight must choose between Flash and "Gryph" while both stallions compete to win her heart.

  • ...
 28
 1,280

Chapter 6

CHAPTER 6

That next morning, Gryph got up early and flew towards Twilight’s castle just outside of Ponyville to meet her. He was nervous about what he saw last night and hoped he could have things cleared up if he talked to Twilight. Once he made it to the front entrance, he landed on the top step and knocked on the large crystalized door.

“Hey, Twilight, it’s Gryph!” he called through the door. “Just wanted to talk to you real quick. Twilight? Um…okay, is Spike there? Anypony?”

Suddenly the door opened slowly halfway, and Gryph looked inside but there was no one behind the door.

“Hello? Twilight?”

Gryph walked around to search for someone. He then saw the silhouette of a pony in front of a stained-glass window in the hallway. Gryph could not make them out from the sunlight that was peering in through the windows and changing the colors of the pony but saw that it had wings and without thinking, he suspected it was Twilight.

“Ah, Twilight, there you are. Hey, I had a great time with the lessons last night with the kids. That Apple Bloom sure learns fast! Well yeah, I was walking around after that and I couldn’t help but notice you were with…”

Gryph walked closer to Twilight with his eyes looking to the side as he talked but the closer he got, the more obvious it was that he was not talking to Twilight. The mysterious pony turned around and revealed their face.

“AGH! Fl…Fl…Flash Sentry! Ehehe…” Gryph said, surprised.

“Hey Gryph.” said Flash, rather nonchalantly.

“You…um…you’re staying in Twilight’s castle, that’s right. I guess that’s why I saw you two walking together last night…”

Gryph and Flash exchanged glances at one another for a few moments until Gryph’s face looked more and more suspicious. He finally knew he had to be honest with the royal guard. He began to smile to show some respect to Flash for he didn’t want to get in a fight.

“Alright Flash. I think we both know what’s going on here.” Gryph told Flash. “We’ve both got our eyes on the same mare, don’t we?”

“I guess you could say we do.” Flash replied.

“Ah. Well, I dunno when you started crushing on her but I just hope you realize I still want her so I’m not gonna stop trying to win her heart.” Gryph said, confidently.

“I hate to break it to you, sailor, but I feel the exact same way.”

“Well then looks like we’ve both got some work to do.”

“You seem like a very noble stallion, Gryph, but with all due respect, I am gonna win Twilight’s heart.” Flash said as he got up close to Gryph. He spoke to him in a mocking voice, but Gryph didn’t flinch.

“Hehe, please, spare me the flattery, royal officer.” Gryph said, walking by Flash and patting him on the back with his wing. “This Navy veteran’s got the charm and I’m sure she’s already fallen for me.”

“We’ll see about that. I’ve still got my royal guard status. What exactly will she see in a former Navy pony?”

“Hey now, I was honorably discharged but I was going to be a SEAL. I would have made it if I hadn’t broken my leg during a skydiving accident.”

“Oh wow…sorry to hear about that…er, I mean, well sounds like you’re a bit too much of a daredevil. Think maybe Twilight deserves someone more careful than that?”

Gryph stopped walking and had a surprised look on his face. He almost seemed like he was going to get mad but he looked back at Flash with a devilish grin, turned around, and took a deep breath.

“Ah, Flashy. You just don’t get it do you?”

Gryph walked over next to Flash and put his wing around him and then broke into song.


Flash, old pal, you’ve got some spunk
But you’re foolin’ yourself, can’t you see?
You’re a bit out of your league, my friend
Twilight should be dating meeeeeee...


As he sang, Flash noticed that the environment around them began to change. Gryph walked right by him and in an instant, the entire world they were in transformed into what appeared to be a huge naval vessel at sea and Gryph was wearing a camouflage uniform and carrying a microphone in his hoof. The sound of fast-paced music could be heard picking up and Gryph continued to sing along.


Sure, royal guards are noble and wise
But Navy? We have what it takes
We’ve got experience, we’ve got class
Imagining what you must go through on a regular basis just gives me a headache!


“Hey, don’t insult the duties of a guard! And how did we get here anyway?!” Flash called back.

“My singing has that effect on ponies. Just go with it.” Gryph teased.


I wrote her a song, I sang it with love
I’m sure Twilight’s made up her mind
She knows more trivia about me than most of my fans
How could I just leave her behind?


“Oh please…” said Flash.
Suddenly a fighter jet zoomed right by Flash, causing him to spin around uncontrollably and in no time at all, they were on top of a tall mountain and Gryph was wearing sunglasses and mountain-climbing gear and carrying a walking stick. Flash shook his head around to recollect himself and Gryph continued walking on while singing.


Through all my adventures, I’ve never seen somepony
As beautiful as Twilight, it’s true
And although you spend time around royalty all day
You probably don’t know her as well as I dooooooo!


“I knew her well BEFORE you did!”

Gryph then took out a camera and recorded himself on top of a small rock on the mountain.

“Flash Sentry should not be dating Twilight Sparkle. Hoofji has spoken.” Gryph said before doing a backflip off the rock. “I sealed it with a backflip, so now it’s official. This is a bad cannon shipping!”

Flash rolled his eyes and planted his face into his hoof. As he opened his eyes, he was blinded by a moving stage light that shone in his face. After he looked away, he saw Gryph on stage in a sailor’s uniform with a microphone accompanied by several other stallions playing various instruments. In the crowd were tons of screaming mares cheering on Gryph.


Twilight and I have it made for each other
She’s lucky she bumped into me
Don’t fret Flash, buddy, you’ll find a girl someday
There’s plenty of fish in the sea


Gryph pointed to all of the beautiful young mares in the audience and pushed Flash in for a “crowd surf”. Gryph spun around and let himself fall into the crowd as they moved him along with Flash.

“Do you get it now, Flash? Is it sinking in? Hold on, I’m gonna try one more thing. I gotta get this through to you.” Gryph said as he and Flash continued to crowd-surf over the mares until they reached the end.

Flash began to fall off and suddenly everything got brighter from one of the lights shining on his face again. He opened his eyes and found himself staring right at the bright sky on the horizon but he was thousands of feet above the clouds and plummeting to the earth below. He then noticed Gryph right next to him in skydiving gear with his legs stretched out.


The Princess of Friendship deserves a real stallion
One who takes the risks I dare to take
Not someone who’s too cautious all the time
To me that just sounds a bit fake

You can try all you want, Flash
It ain’t gonna work
Open your eyes and you’ll see
Twilight should be dating meeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!


Gryph opened up his parachute and shot upwards as Flash continued to fall down. Flash then opened his wings and glided gently to the ground till he landed and then everything reverted back to Twilight’s castle. Gryph came down from the ceiling, gliding gracefully and landed in front of him.


Yeah, Twilight should be dating my OC!


Suddenly Gryph’s eyes opened wide at the mistake he had just made.

“Er…ME! I MEANT ME! She should be dating me!” he said, frantically.

“Hehehe, did you just say she should be dating your OC?” Flash giggled.

“I was thinking about something else but hey, at least I can still rhyme.” Gryph replied.

“Do you even have an OC?”

“Yes. Yes I do. His name is Scauden. He’s a gryphon and he’s awesome, just like me.” Gryph said, taking out a small drawing of a gryphon with a color scheme similar to his own.

“Puh-lease.” replied Flash. “OCs are the most overrated thing in fandoms, especially the Pranceformers fandom.”

“You might not want to tell Twilight that. She’s got like twelve Harry Trotter OCs.”

“She…she does?”

“Yup, and she loves them like her own children.”

“Oh dear…” Flash said nervously as his eyes darted to and fro. “Alright so there may be some things I don’t have in common with her but not every relationship can be perfect. You may have good looks and can sing really good, Gryph, but that’s not everything, you know!”

“Hello?” said a voice down the hallway.

Gryph and Flash’s eyes widened and their ears perked up as they looked to the side to see Twilight turning right into the corridor.

“Gryph, Flash, what are you guys doing? I heard singing. Was that you, Gryph?” she asked, walking towards them.

“Twilight…um…yeah, yeah that was me singing…singing to, um…Flash!” Gryph replied with sweat dripping down his forehead. “Yeah, I was singing to Flash about um…”

“About how much of friends we’ve just become!” Flash said, putting his wing around Gryph.

“YEAH! That’s right, Flash and I are pals now!” Gryph replied, doing the same.

“Aw, that’s awesome, guys!” Twilight said, cheerfully. “I’m so glad to hear two of my new friends are getting along like this!”

“Oh yeah, Gryph and I happen to share a lot in common! Royal Guard, former Navy, we’re like two peas in a pod! Right Gryph?”

“Right you are!”

“Semper Filly!” Flash said, giving Gryph a high-five with his wing.

“Hehehe… Sailors don’t say ‘Semper Filly’, that’s Marine talk.” Gryph whispered out of the side of his mouth while smiling.

“I knew that-ANYWAY!” Flash said, tensely. “I hope the Princess of Friendship approves of this.”

“Of course I do! You guys are going to get along just great! Would both of you like to come join me and my friends at the Ponyville Fair tonight?”

“Oh, sure! I love fairs!” said Gryph.

“You can bet I’ll be attending to hang out with all my friends!” Flash added.

“That’s great! I gotta go run a few errands in town now, I’ll see you guys!” Twilight said, waving to them and walking out the front door.

Gryph and Flash stood with smiles stretching from each end of their faces while waving. The door closed and then they both looked back at each other, grimacing.

“So I guess Twilight thinks we’re friends now.” Flash said.

“Hey, you don’t seem like a bad guy, Flash. I don’t mind being your friend, but you’re gonna lose.” Gryph replied.

“How about we both just promise each other to not go crazy and just be as mild-mannered about this as we possibly can. Deal?”

“Deal.”

Gryph and Flash then shook their hooves while smiling proudly and walked away slowly while still staring at each other. They then bumped into the walls of the castle and looked back noticing what they had just done. They both brushed themselves off without a care and then took one more glance at each other and finally flew off in different directions to attend to their business of winning Twilight’s heart.