• Published 31st May 2017
  • 1,280 Views, 28 Comments

Twilight Should be dating MY OC! - AleximusPrime



Twilight Sparkle starts to form a friendship with her crush, Flash Sentry until another stallion named Black Gryphon catches her attention. Twilight must choose between Flash and "Gryph" while both stallions compete to win her heart.

  • ...
 28
 1,280

Chapter 5

CHAPTER 5

Gryph and Twilight sat at a small table just outside of the Ponyville Café chatting with each other. They were in an area further away from the other tables so they wouldn’t draw too much attention. Gryph was afraid some of the press might see them and try to ask questions so he requested to be seated there where they could be alone. He wanted for Twilight to be comfortable with him and have no interruptions on their first date. Twilight was in the middle of laughing at a silly comment he had just made while he continued to look on dreamily.

“So Gryph, you said you’ve done some voice acting, right?” she asked before taking a sip of her oat-shake.

“Yup. More of a singer, but I’m still getting into some voice-acting.” he told her.

“Is there anything I might have heard you in?”

“Well, there is one character I’ve already played. Have you seen Finding Tori?"

“Oh yes! I loved that movie! Were you in it?”

“I was the voice of Betty the Loon in that movie.”

“WHAT?! You were Betty in that movie?!”

“Sure was! I didn’t even know they used my voice, but I literally found out right when the movie was released.”

“OMIGOSH!! That’s awesome! I can’t believe I’m actually talking to someone who was in that movie!” Twilight said, excitedly.

“Yeah, it was kinda easy too. All I had to do was make crazy bird sounds. BRRRAWK! BRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAWK!” Gryph said as he stretched his neck out, squawking like a bird and flapping his wings around as Twilight giggled with delight.

Gryph looked on confidently as Twilight continued to laugh. He then prepared to give her more interesting facts and trivia about himself.

“And then of course there’s Pac-Pony and the Ghostly Adventures and Tiniest Pet Shop. I did some singing in those shows.”

“Aw, I loved TPS! Gosh, Gryph, I had no idea you were in all these things!”

“Yeah, I haven’t really done a lot of voices in things quite yet so not many that ponies would recognize me, but it’s okay. I love my fans and I love doing what I do.”

“You really are a good singer.” Twilight said.

“Thank you.” He replied.

“That song you wrote last night really touched me…”

They continued gazing at one another lovingly until the sound of another pony behind Gryph could be heard.

“Oh, hey Twilight!” said the voice.

Gryph’s ears perked up suddenly and he shifted his eyes to the side as if he was suspicious of something. He turned around to see an orange male pegasus with blue hair and a lightning bolt on top of a shield for his cutie mark. This pony seemed quite friendly and harmless but Gryph did not expect to have any interruptions so he wasn’t too happy to hear somepony coming along, talking to Twilight during his finest hour.

“Oh, Flash! How are you?” she said as Flash walked forward stopping next to Gryph.

“Doing great, Twilight!” Flash replied.

“Well hey, I want you to meet the guy who was singing at the concert last night: Here’s Black Gryphon! Gryph, this is Flash Sentry. He’s a royal guard who works for my sister-in-law in the Crystal Empire.”

Gryph’s eyebrows raised at hearing this pony was in the royal guard and he put his hoof up to his forehead to salute him.

“Oh wow, a royal guard? Good sir, I have to salute you! I’m former Navy and I’m honored to be in the presence of a royal officer.” he said reaching forward to shake Flash’s hoof.

“The pleasure’s all mine, sailor.” Flash said, shaking his hand and then saluting in response. “Well hey, sorry if I’m interrupting you two. I was just walking around in town. Cadence is working in Canterlot again today and they let me have the day off.”

“Oh. Well I’m glad to hear you’re keeping busy while staying here, Flash.” Twilight said.

“Yeah, the other guards are a bit busy though so I’m kinda by myself for now. Oh well. I best get a move on. You two have fun.” said Flash as he walked off waving to both of them.

“See ya, Flash!” Twilight replied.

“So you know that guy?” Gryph asked her.

“I met him a while ago during important business in the Crystal Empire. I see him from time to time.” she told Gryph.

“He seems like a nice guy. Royal guards are held in high esteem in the Navy so it’s always good to hear from one.”

“Yeah… Well anyways, what were we talking about?”

“Oh, something having to do with my singing I think, but enough about me. Let’s talk about you Twily…er, do you mind if I call you Twily?”

“You can call me that if you like…… Gryphy! Hehehe!”

They both giggled for a few moments until Twilight cleared her throat and began speaking again.

“Well, you obviously know I’m a princess…” she continued.

“Uh huh…” Gryph said listening, attentively.

“Well I used to live in Canterlot before I learned how valuable friendship is. I’ve always been a huge lover of books but that was all I pretty much did till one day my entire life changed when I was sent to Ponyville…”

As Twilight was telling her life story to Gryph, Flash could be seen listening nearby, behind a tree. He turned himself around and sat behind the tree as he took a deep breath in.

“You got this, Flash. Just be cool. Maybe it’s nothing; maybe Gryph will just be a phase for Twilight. He doesn’t live around here anyways and you have more access to her so you’ll have chances.” he told himself.
Flash then got up and started walking away looking rather confident. He had much work to do if he was to win over the Princess of Friendship.



Later that night, Gryph was busy doing his vocal workshop with the fillies and colts that had signed up for it. Twilight had some free time but all her friends were busy so she decided to go see a movie that was playing in the Ponyville Theater down the street.

Meanwhile, Flash Sentry was waiting in line for the same movie in the same room. He had already seen this movie but he noticed Twilight was going to see it and took this chance to try getting close to her.

As the movie was starting, Twilight nibbled on her popcorn till she heard Flash’s voice nearby.

“Hey, Twilight, it’s me, Flash!” he called to her.

“Oh, Flash, what’s up?” she called back.

“Hey, do you mind if I sit next to you? It’s a bit packed in here and I’d rather be with someone I know.”

“Oh sure! Here, take this seat.” she said patting the folding chair next to her.

Flash sat snuggly in the chair and took a deep breath and then began talking to his crush.

“Well, I’m glad I wasn’t alone seeing this movie. After seeing the reviews, I was curious. The critics weren’t too friendly to it.”

“Oh, tell me about it. The critics just can’t leave Pranceformers alone! Makes me sad that they can’t see how great these movies are!”

“Uh…yeah, definitely! I mean I can understand what they said about the second movie but it got better as time went on. I’m hoping this one is better.”

“Well hey, I’m glad there’s someone else who’s a fan of Pranceformers. Most of my friends are kinda critical of it too, but hey, everypony’s got opinions.”

“Right, opinions…”

Flash took a gulp and blushed a bit. He actually didn’t much enjoy the Pranceformers movies but since he saw how much Twilight loved them, he decided to play along to get her attention.

“Yeah, so who’s your favorite character in these movies?” he asked.

“Oh, definitely Trotimus Prime! He’s just so awesome and I love all the fight scenes with him!” Twilight said before plunging her snout into her bag of popcorn to munch on some more.

“Yeah, he’s like the only saving grace of these movies…ER, I MEAN…I mean the only saving grace…of…of the second movie that is. Yeah, cuz, you know, the second movie was kinda the worst.”

“Eh, it was kinda worse then the others, but it wasn’t too horrible. Oh, it’s starting! Put on your glasses!”

The lights in the theater went down and the screen began to light up. Twilight and Flash sat attentively with their 3D glasses on as the previews for other films ran until the movie itself was finally presented: Pranceformers: The Last Knightmare. As the film went on, Twilight and Flash whispered back and forth to each other about Pranceformers trivia and giggled at some of the jokes. Two and a half hours later, the movie had finished and ponies began to exit the theater.

“Oh man, that movie was a lot better than I thought!” Twilight said as she tossed her empty popcorn bag into a nearby receptacle.

“Yeah, that was actually not half-bad! The critics didn’t know what the hay they were talking about!” Flash responded.

“I’m so glad we’re getting a sixth movie too!”

“Hey, Twilight, the bowling alley’s still open. Would you like to go in with me and play a few rounds?” Flash asked as he pointed to Ponyville Lanes to their side.

“Well……Spike’s probably asleep by now so he won’t notice I’m up late. Eh, sure, why not?” Twilight said trotting up next to Flash as they both entered the bowling alley.



About an hour later, Gryph could be seen walking down the street singing silently to himself so he wouldn’t wake up anypony. He had finished giving lessons to the kids a few hours ago and was out for a midnight walk since not many ponies were out and therefore would not crowd around him for autographs or pictures.

Say what you need to say
You say
You keep on letting fear get in the way
The way
It’s hard but soon enough you’ll be okay
Okay
So take a breath and try another day
Say what you need to say
Say what you need to say…

He continued to sing until he started to hear familiar voices from a few yards away. He looked to the side and saw what appeared to be Twilight Sparkle walking. He watched as she disappeared behind a building and decided to follow after her to take another shot at getting her attention.

“Ah, there’s my favorite princess!” he said confidently as he trotted over.

Suddenly, as he got closer and was able to see her, he also saw Flash Sentry at her side. They were both walking right next to each other while talking and holding milkshakes that they had bought at the bowling alley. Gryph stopped and the smile on his face began to move downward to form a frown. He backed away slowly into some nearby bushes and left his head peaking out a little and continued to listen in on them.

“Well Twilight, I should probably head on back to…oh wait, we’re BOTH heading back to the same place. Almost forgot I’m staying in your castle for the next whole week. Hehe!” Flash said, laughing.

“It’s okay, I was about to say the same thing!” she responded, laughing back.

They continued down the road to Twilight’s castle sipping on their milkshakes and discussing Pranceformers lore till Gryph could no longer hear or see them over the hill before the end of the road to the castle.

“Flash is staying WITH Twilight in her castle?” he asked himself. “That’s……that’s odd. If I didn’t know any better I’d say he’s got his eyes on her too. Perhaps he’s trying to steal her from me? That’s probably why he interrupted us earlier today. No, no Gryph, get a hold of yourself. You’ve only just met him and he seems pretty nice. Maybe this is how stallions tend to act around Twilight…”

Gryph paced back and forth trying to not get angry over what he just saw. He then looked back and could barely make out Twilight and Flash both walking in through the front door of her castle and closing it tightly behind them.

“Still…I dunno about this guy.” he said, suspiciously.