• Published 31st May 2017
  • 1,271 Views, 28 Comments

Twilight Should be dating MY OC! - AleximusPrime



Twilight Sparkle starts to form a friendship with her crush, Flash Sentry until another stallion named Black Gryphon catches her attention. Twilight must choose between Flash and "Gryph" while both stallions compete to win her heart.

  • ...
 28
 1,271

Chapter 4

Dozens of ponies waited in line behind the stage for autographs and pictures after the concert. Gryph and the other artists before him all sat at their own tables with their managers and assistants helping out. Gryph had so many ponies line up to see him; he felt this was his biggest and most appreciative crowd yet. Many of them gave him great compliments for his work and young fillies and colts spoke of how much they wanted to grow up to be as good of a singer as he.

Towards the end of the line, the Cutie Mark Crusaders were waiting to get Gryph’s autograph and some photos. They were really excited to get to speak to him.

“There he is, girls!” said Sweetie Belle the moment some space opened up for them after the ponies in front had left. “Mister Gryphon, I’m Sweetie Bell and this is Apple Bloom and Scootaloo. We’re huge fans of yours! We love your work!”

“Yeah, your voice is amazing! I love the song Taking Off!” said Scootaloo, jumping in the air and keeping herself afloat for a moment with her tiny wings buzzing around.

“Aw thanks, kids! It’s always great to see fans like you!” Gryph said with a cheerful smile.

“Black Gryphon, I wanna sing as good as you someday!” said Apple Bloom, eagerly.

“Oh, well hey, you’re in luck! I’m going to be sticking around for the next few days for the talent show so if you’d like to learn from me, there’s a signup sheet for lessons right here. There’s a cost but the proceeds are going straight to the Ponyville Hospital.”

Gryph pushed a small clipboard forward with a list of some names of ponies that had already signed up.

“Count me in!” said Apple Bloom, taking the pen with her mouth and carefully signing right on the paper.

“Well Sweetie Belle’s already a great singer and I’m not really up for lessons, but your music really inspires me and so do you, Black Gryphon!” Scootaloo told him. “I’ve actually thought of joining the Royal Navy someday like you or become a Wonderbolt or something!”

“Well the Navy sure is tough but if you’ve got what it takes, it’s a real privilege to serve. Don’t ever stop believing you can do it!”

“Such wisdom!” she said looking to the sky with her eyes as big as saucers. “Oh, and before we forget, would you mind signing our merch we got?!”

Scootaloo put on a Black Gryphon hat she had bought earlier as Sweetie Belle stood up wearing a Black Gryphon shirt and Apple Bloom set one of his CD albums on the table.

“Absolutely, girls!” he said, grabbing his pen with his feathers and signing all their goods.

Photo Finish then walked in with some of her crew as they prepared her camera to take photos of him with the fillies.

“Photo Finish haz arrived! Are ve ready to make da magicz, Mr. Gryphon?” she said to Gryph.

“Come on girls, let’s get some pictures together!” he told them as they rushed over to a backdrop that a crew member had just set up.

Nearby, Twilight could be seen watching Gryph with the Cutie Mark Crusaders. She saw how good he was with kids and how respectful he was to his fans and she warmed up at the sight of this. She continued to look at him as he posed for the camera and laughed with the CMC as they spoke to each other. They then left and waved goodbye and he smiled as they ran off. Continuing to smile, Gryph walked back to his table where his manager told him that they were getting ready to close autographs and photos after the next few ponies had come. Gryph sat back down and began talking to more of the kids that were waiting in line for him.

Spike could be seen standing next to Twilight with his arms crossed, having a smug look on his face. Spike knew exactly what was on her mind.

“Spike…” she said, sternly.

“Twilight, you can’t hide it from me. You’ve totally got a crush on the guy!” he snickered.

Twilight sighed and then continued staring at Gryph.

“I won’t deny he is pretty nice. He was awfully kind to take his time to write that song for me.” she said.

“Maybe he likes you too?” Spike said, elbowing her. “Try talking to him, Twi! You were afraid to talk to Flash but Gryph seems to like you back.”

“Spike, are you just recommending that cuz you think Black Gryphon’s awesome to begin with?” she teased.

“Eh, I might be a little biased but hey, he’s handsome and like you said, he’s nice!”

Twilight turned around to see Pinkie standing in front of her with a big smile on her face. She was holding a paper that had a crayon drawing of her and Gryph with a heart between their heads that read “Gryph & Twi Forever!”

“Pinkie!” Twilight grumbled.

Pinkie then put her snout up to Twilight’s ear to whisper something.

“I totally agree with Spike! You guys are my OTP by the way!”

“OTP?” Twilight asked.

“One True Pairing! Duh!”

Twilight rolled her eyes and then noticed that Gryph and some of his handlers were heading to the backstage area where she could meet him with her pass.

“OH! Everyone, Gryph’s going backstage! Now’s our chance!” she called to the rest of the ponies who were all waiting patiently behind her.

They all trotted over to a nearby security guard named Overhaul. He was a tall muscular earth pony sporting a rather prominent bar-handles mustache, a hazel coat, black hair and had two crossed pistons as his cutie mark.

“Hold on now, ladies…” he told them.

“Ahem?” said Spike.

“And dragon. You need a backstage pass to…oh, your highness! I’m sorry, I didn’t notice you were here.” he said to Twilight.

“I have a pass, sir. Also, would it be too much trouble if my friends all came with me?”

“Um…not at all, Princess. This way.”

The guard stood to the side and led them in behind a curtain where Gryph was standing with DJ-PON3, some stage crew that were helping him and a few of his friends he had invited backstage. There was a male earth pony named Ace Racer who had a beige coat, short blonde hair and two small gears on top of a larger gear for his cutie mark. He was using a camcorder and recording Gryph who was talking to another friend of his, Lightning Hoof, a male white pegasus with blue and aqua hair who had no cutie mark. Everyone then noticed the Princess of Friendship walking in and parted to let her see him.

“Ladies and Gentlecolts, the Princess of Friendship!” said Ace pointing the camera to Twilight as she walked in.

“Oh, Twilight! Glad you could make it!” Gryph said once he noticed her.

“Gryph, thanks again for that song! It was so sweet of you!” she said giving him a hug. “Also, these are my friends. Everyone, you know Black Gryphon. Gryph, this is Rainbow Dash, Rarity, Applejack, Pinkie Pie, Fluttershy, and my number-one assistant, Spike.”

Everyone smiled at Gryph as Rainbow Dash came forward to shake his hand.

“I am a huuuuuge fan!” she said bashfully.

“Always good to meet a……wait a minute. Rainbow Dash… Are you a Wonderbolt by any chance?” he asked.

“Uh…yeah?” she replied.

“Oh, that’s right! The Wonderbolts! I’ve hear of you before!”

“You…..YOU HAVE?!”

“You do great in the Wonderbolts shows, Miss Dash! Guess you could say I’m a fan too!”

Rainbow Dash’s eyes widened and her mouth slowly began to form the biggest grin she could possibly give.

“BLACK GRYPHON……IS A FAN OF ME?! AAAAAGHHH!!!” Rainbow Dash screeched with delight while fanning herself and then fainted on the ground.

“Rainbow Dash, are you alright?” Twilight asked as everyone else laughed out loud.

“He has that affect on mares, your highness.” said Lightning Hoof, giggling.

“Well hey, Gryph, ya got yerself some great tunes there!” said Applejack walking forward to shake his hand along with the rest of Twilight’s friends.

“Simply stunning, darling!” Rarity said.

“Yes, I especially loved the song Sight Unseen. It reminds me so much of myself!” added Fluttershy.

While Twilight was standing aside to let all her friends speak with Gryph, she continued watching him dreamily. Another pegasus pony with a similar color scheme to Gryph then stood by her.

“My brother’s got a lot to be proud of, eh?” he said to Twilight.

“Oh, you’re his brother?”

“Sure am. Name’s Nathaniel but I go by 'Baasik'. I work on the music for his songs.” he said shaking her hoof.

“It’s great to meet you too. Yeah, Gryph’s an amazing pony. He’s also really nice. I’m so happy I met him the way I did in Canterlot the other day.”

“He’s going to be sticking around for a few more days since he’s thought of entering the talent show this weekend so there’s a chance at seeing more of him in action. He might even choose one of the kids that signed up for lessons to do a duet with him.”

“Aw! I hope Apple Bloom gets that chance someday.”

Twilight then turned her head and saw Gryph in front of her.

“Hey Bro, could you excuse us for a second.” he asked Nathaniel.

“Knock em dead!” he said, winking to Gryph as his brother smiled back.

“Hey Twilight, I wanted to ask you something if you don’t mind.” Gryph said to Twilight.

“Oh, sure, Gryph! What is it?” she said nervously.

“Tomorrow morning would you care to join me for a little brunch over by that awesome café near the town hall you guys have here in Ponyville?”

“Uh…do you mean like the VIP dinner signups? How much does it cost?” she said starting to sweat a little.

“Nonono, that’s later tomorrow afternoon. I’m talking like just you and I together for brunch. No signups, no payment. Just the two of us.”

Twilight blushed almost as pink as the stripes in her hair and her ears flopped down immediately. She could barely speak.

“You……you want me to have brunch with you?” she asked.

“Well why not? It’s the least I could do for my new friend whom I wrote a song for.”

Twilight looked back and forth and then took a big gulp.

“I…I’d be honored to, Gryph!” she said confidently, putting her hoof over her heart.

“Great! Does nine o’clock work best for you?”

“Nine is perfect.” she said nuzzling up to him again.

She then noticed all her friends to the side reacting to what just happened. While everyone seemed to do a good enough job of containing their enthusiasm, Dash and Pinkie had to let out their inner fangirls. Pinkie held her ‘Gryph & Twi’ sign up high as Dashie did her best to not giggle with delight. Spike gave Twilight thumbs up as she winked back at him. Suddenly Twilight remembered her promise to Celestia.

“Oh, and Gryph, can you and I get a picture with an autograph real quick?” she asked him. “Princess Celestia wanted one since she had to miss the concert.”

“Absolutely! Photo Finish?” he called.

Photo Finish zoomed in with her crew and took a quick photo of Gryph and Twilight smiling big with their arms around each other. The picture printed out of her camera and began fading into view. Gryph picked it up and took out one of his pens and signed it for Twilight.

“Thank you so much! Celestia’s a big fan of yours too and she’s going to love this! Well, I’ll be seeing you tomorrow then, Gryph! My friends and I should probably head home now. It’s getting pretty late.” she said to him.

“I’ll see you too, Twilight.” he replied.

All Twilight’s friends walked out waving goodbye to Gryph and the others as they chattered amongst themselves about their experience that night.

Twilight walked out after Spike and waved to Gryph as he waved back. She then went past the opened curtain and disappeared into the late night.

Gryph continued to look on and sighed contently. Nathaniel then landed right next to him.

“Told ya she’d say yes.” he said to his brother as they both exchanged high-fives with their wings.