• Published 25th May 2017
  • 1,769 Views, 30 Comments

Rise of Equestria: The War Begins - Israel Yabuki



Twilight and her friends travel around Equestria with a group of brand new friends who seem to possess more than what the girls anticipated

  • ...
5
 30
 1,769

The Fall of Truth

Melodia slowly made her way towards Tidal Wave and looked straight into his eyes, like she was staring into his soul with that same grinning expression. Tidal felt like he was trembling a bit with fear, like he was staring into the eyes of what felt like his executioner. He waited a whole 15 seconds for something to happen, but all she did was laugh to herself.

What she does next is light up her dragon horns, and making a little filly appear out of thin air who had light grey fur and an aqua blue mane and tail, matching the same color as Tidal Wave, which made Tidal grab Melodia's shoulders in anger.

"What do you think you're doing to my little sister?!" he shouts in anger.

"TIDAL! HELP ME!!!" his sister shouted.

"Who in the?!" Applejack says in shock.

"Of all the rotten, dirty tricks! Why did she have to hold Rain Drop hostage?" Shadow growled.

"Rain Drop?" Pinkie asks.

"Tidal Wave's younger sister." Hurricane Breeze says.

"What? Come on, let's go take her away from that freak!" Rainbow says, getting ready to make her move.

"Back up, mortal! She's my prisoner." Melodia replied, sending Tidal flying backwards towards the gang before she backed up herself. She still had Tidal's sister in her magic grip. Tidal Wave got up and and glared at Melodia more, wanting to charge at her. But he feared that if he did, she would either send him flying back again, or worse, hurt his little sister. "Now, it's time to let the fun begin."

"Listen here, you monster! Let go of Rain Drop right now! She has nothing to do with any of this! Why are you so obsessed with torturing us?!" Tidal asked.

"He's right! Your battle is with me, Melodia! If you want to take your anger out on anypony, choose me, you said it yourself that you wanted revenge!" Celestia added.

"True, I did say that. But I'll hold off on you for a bit and have a little fun, torturing your so-called subjects, because I'm going to teach them what it's like to lose a loved one!" Melodia says. She levitates Tidal's sister closer to her and grabs her with her claws.

"AAAH! NO PLEASE, DON'T HURT ME!" Rain Drop screamed.

"STOP!" Tidal ordered. In that moment, Eternal Flames was beginning to regain his conciousness and his sight as he caught sight of Melodia, holding Tidal's sister. His eyes widened and his anger only increased, witnessing the cruelty she was bringing to one of his friend's relatives. "Don't you dare! If you strike her with so much as one claw on her little head, you'll regret it!"

"Talk is cheap. You need to take action and prove your point." Melodia says, unamused.

"Tidal! Help me, please! Don't let her take me, please! Let me go! Let me go! LET ME GO!" Rain Drop kept on screaming out loud in fear. Listening to her crying for help was making Tidal more scared for her life and all he could do was watch his terrified sister squirm.

Eternal glared and flashed his teeth in anger before breaking free of his mother's hooves and tackled Melodia, with an added punch to the face. His attack was enough to punch her off the mountain and release her grip on Tidal's little sister. Then Eternal caught her before she fell.

Everypony sighed in relief and Tidal Wave approached Eternal. "Thank you, Eternal! I thought she was done for if you didn't stop her in time." Tidal says.

"I know, but how exactly did she get her claws on Rain Drop in the first place?" Eternal asked.

"I don't know! I think it had something to do with her looking straight into my eyes for some apparent reason and getting that weird look in her eyes. It was like she was probing my thoughts, or maybe probing what she thought was most precious in my heart!"

"What?! Just how many tricks does she have in that sick, twisted mind of hers? Ugh, it doesn't matter now, what matters is that we take Rain Drop out of here and back to her parents. It's not safe here, so we need to act as fast as we can, okay?"

"Alright. Come on, Rain. Follow me!" Tidal said to his sister. She nodded. But just as they were about to run down the path, Melodia flew back up to the mountain, looking madder than ever before. Her eyes locked on Eternal, Tidal and Rain and she snarled at them. Eternal and Tidal stepped forward, keeping Rain Drop hidden behind them for her own safety. Melodia was trying to think up a way to get back at them. That's when an idea popped up in her head, and she grinned evilly.

"Now there's an idea. Enjoy your last moments of freedom while you still can, mortals! This is only just the beginning of a really bad day!" Melodia called out before flying off. The group was clueless on why she had taken her leave like that and casted it aside for a while. Everypony went over to Eternal and Tidal, checking on them to make sure they were okay.

"Eternal? Are you alright? It doesn't still hurt, does it?" Sunset asked. She checked Eternal's body for any injuries that might still be on him. She only found one set of claw marks, but somehow, these were probably much larger than Melodia's dragon claws. "Eternal, where'd you get those?" she asks.

He looked over to his side to where she saw the claw marks. "Those were from a sparring session with my master when I was 15. I got careless and ended up getting this scar." he replied. He didn't sound like he was bothered by it in the slightest.

"Does it still hurt?"

"No, not anymore." Eternal turned his attention to his mother. She had a troubled look on her face, so he approached her to find out what it was. "Mother?"

"Hmm?" Celestia asked.

"How is it that Melodia knows you? And why does she have this grudge against you?"

"It's a long story, Eternal, so listen up." she didn't sound too happy about this, but everypony still gathered around to listen to what she had to say. "You see, it all started thousands of years ago when my sister and me were just starting out as young mares and we came across this other filly who was hiding in the bushes, and that filly was none other than Melodia. She was shy and didn't have many friends."

"So... you made friends with her?" Eternal asked.

"Yes, right after she sneezed out flames. She was part dragon, but she was still nice to hang out with and I couldn't help but feel like she was a sister to me and Luna. We would always hang out with each other after mother finished lecturing us. However, mother found out that I was playing with a "heathenous wretch of a creature," as she put it and forbid me from ever getting near her. She told me that our friendship was all a facade just so she could help lead her father and the dragon army to victory."

"Did you even ask if that was Melodia's plan, mother?"

"I wanted to, but I couldn't sneak out into the night to ask Melodia myself. She'd always keep saying it was for my own good that I didn't see Melodia."

"Princess, I could be wrong, but sometimes even parents tell lies to their children in order to hide a dark truth from them that they don't want them to know. My guess is that Melodia never intended on pursuing those ambitions in the first place." Tidal Wave says.

"I had the very same feeling, too, because mother told me she had taken care of the "pests" and I could finally go out and do whatever I want. I was so devastated that my mother took away Melodia from me and Luna, but Luna was most upset about it."

"But then, maybe if we meet Galaxia or see Melodia again, we can find out what really happen." Sunset implies, looking confident with her idea.

"But how? Melodia's being vague about her past. She's not going to just tell us what happened."

"That's why I have my newfound powers from the human world. I'm able to look into other ponies' pasts just by placing my hoof on them." Sunset attempted to place her hoof on Eternal's shoulder, but he backed up a bit, feeling uneasy with her finding out about his past.

While everypony was talking about it, Twilight noticed that Spike was looking a bit serious. Something was on his mind and she wanted to find out.

"Spike, what's wrong?" Twilight asked.

"I just can't but feel like there's something more to Melodia than what's on the surface, but, somehow I just can't quite put my finger on it." Spike replied.

"Well, you're just going to have to wait and find out!" Melodia called out, catching everypony by surprise. Only this time, what the group finds on Melodia, left a sickening feeling in them. Melodia had come back with the Alicorn Amulet wrapped around her neck. She grinned, expecting her foes to be scared and she got the right reaction from them as she expected.

"She did NOT just go there!" Shadow says, backing up.

"Of all the rotten tricks she came up with, she just HAD to choose that!" Rainbow Dash says.

"Say what you want, but now it's time put my plan into action!" Melodia shouted. The next thing she did was grab Rain Drop with her magic. Tidal Wave ran and stopped at the edge of the mountain, reaching out to grab his sister back, but it no avail.

"LET HER GO!" Tidal shouted.

"Not until I've taught you what it means to suffer!" Melodia replied. She brought one of her claws close to Rain Drop's face and she screamed in fear again. "SILENCE!"

All Tidal could do was growl at Melodia. She was too far for him to jump at and too high to reach. Just then, Sunset Shimmer teleported herself in a flash of light straight onto Melodia's back and placed her hooves on Melodia's shoulders and soon, a rush of her past memories rushed through Sunset's head. Melodia grew angry with the others being so persistant and smacked Sunset off of her.

At the same time, she slashed at Rain Drop and knocked her straight down the mountain with Sunset. The sight of the two being struck down by Melodia was enough to make Eternal Flames and Tidal Wave snap and confront Melodia, as well as provoke her.

"HEY!" both Tidal and Eternal shouted. Melodia looked at them, annoyed.

"What do you little colts want now?" she asks, unamused.

"SHUT UP! Let me get something straight here, Missy! No pony is to lay a hoof, or a claw, on my little sister, but you went and crossed the line!" Tidal growls.

"And showing no remorse whatsoever only serves to further your punishment! I will not show you any mercy whatsoever or hold anything back!"

In that moment, Eternal's horn lit up and used his magic to levitate Tidal Wave and moved him towards Melodia where he latched onto her, wrapping his hooves around her. Eternal leaped up into the air and slammed Melodia down onto the slope while she was distracted.

He then let gravity do its job and allow him to plummet down the mountain and catch up with Tidal and Melodia and began his team assault on her with Tidal. The others watched in shock as the tree plummet down the mountain, hitting the rocky edges with brute force. Never had any ordinary pony ever done something as dangerous or risky as Eternal and Tidal did.

"Quick! Everypony go after them! I'm gonna go get Sunset and Rain Drop! HURRY!" Twilight ordered. Everypony obeyed and either ran down the path or down the slope. Twilight, on the other hoof, flew down into the direction where Sunset and Rain Drop plummeted. "Sunset, whatever you do, don't give out on me, I promise that I'll be there as soon as I possibly can." she said to herself.

Back with the three tumbling ponies. Eternal and Tidal were landing blow after blow on Melodia, making her pay for what she did to their friends and family. But she wasn't a pushover and used the power of her Alicorn Amulet to power up her own magic, using it to enhance her own physical strength and lash out at the two stallions with more devastating blows. Though her attacks were very effective, Eternal Flames and Tidal Wave kept pressing on the assault, letting their rage fuel the fire inside them.

"You're gonna regret the day you ever messed with me and my friends, you monster!" Eternal shouted.

"Talk is cheap! There's no way you'll ever defeat me! I possess all the magic in the world! What good will it do for you if you can't even land a strong enough blow on me?!" Melodia retorted.

"So what if I didn't have a horn or have any wings, at least I still have the guts to drag you down while I still have breath in my lungs, you fool!" Tidal retorted back.

"I might not come close to my mother or father's magical abilities, but having all the magic in the world doesn't mean you're the strongest in the world!" Eternal says.

"Quiet, mortals!" Melodia sassed back. The three kept plummeting down the mountain slope and pressing on their attacks, punching and clawing at each other, leaving nasty bruises on the stallions, but Melodia used her magic to keep herself from sustaining injuries from the fall.

Meanwhile, Twilight had made it down the mountain and found Sunset lying on the ground. She gasped and flew towards her faster, checking to see if she was okay. She had no injuries, other than the tiny claw marks on her right cheek and her heart beat was steady. Although, Twilight knew even though she didn't look like she was injured, she still used a healing spell on Sunset in case her injuries were internal.

The moment she did this, Sunset began to stir and slowly open up her eyes. She looks up and sees Twilight with a relieved look on her face.

"Sunset! Thank goodness you're alright." Twilight said, hugging her. Sunset hesitated to return the hug at first, but she then returned Twilight's hug. "What happened up there?"

"Twilight... Melodia... she didn't do anything wrong." Sunset said, all shooken up.

"What are you talking about?! She literally held that filly hostage and she attacked you! How can you say she didn't do anything wrong after she did that?!"

"You don't understand, Twilight! I saw her past! She's..." Sunset paused and felt tears running down her eyes as the memories of Melodia flooded her mind. "...Melodia's father was taken from her by the very same alicorn that decieved Princess Celestia!"

"What?!"

*CRASH*

"Uh-oh! Something tells me that didn't sound too good!" Sunset got up on all fours and walked over to where she and Twilight heard the crash. Twilight followed Sunset, worried about her and the others and hoped they didn't all get hurt.

Back with the others, Eternal and Tidal were both on the ground, beaten and bruised up from the fall while Melodia was panting and sweating, still on all fours. Her perspective on the two stallions fighting her together made her think that there was more to them than she thought.

"I guess I underestimated you both. You put up a decent fight, but now it's time purge this place you call home and finally have my revenge!" Melodia says, before flying off to the village. At that moment, the entire gang, along with Twilight and Sunset finally reached the two fallen stallions.

"Whoa, I guess their strength wasn't enough to stop her." Shadow says.

"It might be enough if they'd use their Elements of Freedom! Those aren't just for show, you know. Twilight and the others used the Elements of Harmony to defeat Nightmare Moon, Discord and Tirek, so why didn't you guys use your elements?" Spike asked.

"We'll worry about that later! Right now, these boys need medical attention! Twilight, Sunset, Can you two perform any magical healing spells?" Celestia asked.

"I can use it, so can Twilight." Sunset says.

"Good, then all together now!"

Celestia's horn glew and so did Sunset's and Twilight's as they used their magic and finally rid the two stallions of their fatal injuries from the fall. Eternal and Tidal began to stir and finally, they stood up, rubbing the back of their heads, groaning.

"What happened?" Eternal asked. But then.

*SMACK*

Eternal's right cheek felt like it was burning, like somepony had just smacked him. He turned to see that Sunset Shimmer had done it and she glared daggers at him.

"What in Celestia's name were you thinking?! Do you realize that if you weren't careful, you could've killed yourself AND your friend here?! Why did you do that?!" she asked, demanding an answer. Eternal could see the anger and fear in her eyes as well as the tears. No mare in the entire village ever cried that much about him for doing something so dangerous that almost costed him his life.

He hung his head in shame and said, "I apologize. I just couldn't stand Melodia hurting you or Rain Drop and let her get away with it." In turn, Sunset was shocked that Eternal felt so strongly about her, and even went to such lengths to put his life as risk for her and others. But the fact still remained to Sunset that what he did was wrong and she called him out.

"Still, that doesn't mean you just rush into things like that! You need to start strategizing whenever your in a spot like that, so don't ever do that again!"

Eternal nodded. "Alright. I'll try to be careful next time."

"There's not gonna be a next time if we don't get back to the village! We have to hurry while we still have the chance or Melodia'll destroy it and the homes of the locals!" Tidal says.

"Hold on, we're missing Rain Drop! We haven't found her yet!" Eternal says. Tidal Wave got scared and ran into the direction of where she had fallen. He ran as fast as he could and he just couldn't stop worrying about his little sister, whether or not she might've survived the fall.

"Rain Drop, please be okay! Your big brother's coming! Just don't give out on me!" Tidal said to himself, speeding up his running pace. Finally, he came across a pile of snow where Rain Drop was laying down unconcious, but still alive and well. He ran up to her and picked her up in his hooves, dusting the snow out of her mane and shaking her lightly, trying to wake her up. "Rain? Are you okay? Please, wake up!"

The sound of his voice made her stir and her eyes opened up, seeing her big brother. Once her vision was back to normal, she gasped. "Tidal?" she asked. He nodded in approval. Rain Drop's lips began to quiver and she leaped forward and gave her brother a big hug. "TIDAL!" she cried.

"Shhh, it's alright, Rain Drop. I'm right here. Just let it all out." he whispered to her. He hugged her back, holding his little sister in a warm embrace. Rain Drop cried in her brother's shoulders. Seeing his little sister this scared broke his heart and made him more angry at Melodia. After she calmed down, Rain looked at her brother with a little hint of fear in her eyes.

"Tidal? Who was that monster? Why did she take me hostage like that?"

"I don't know, Rain. But I'm not going to let that happen again. Come with me, the others are waiting."

"The others?"

"My friends. We're going to work together to stop that monster that did this to you."

"Really?"

"Yes."

No other words were spoken. Rain Drop only nodded and went with Tidal Wave back to where the others were waiting and put on his serious game face, ready for the challenge that lied ahead. After a little bit of running later, they finally reunited with the others.

"Alright, no more waiting around! It's time to give that Melodia what she's gonna get coming to her. Whatever you guys do, do not let your guard down. Is that clear?" Eternal asked.

"Loud and clear. It's showtime!" Shadow says.

"Right!" Everypony shouted all at once.

"Then this time... we use these." Eternal pointed to his crown with the Element of Courage and the other necklaces with the other Elements of Freedom. Everypony gathered into a big circle and used their teleportation magic altogether and reappeared in the Freedom Village.

Once there, the locals were shouting and screaming in fear from the buildings as Melodia used her magic to levitate all the buildings off the ground. Her eyes glew red and she laughed out loud. Twilight could still remember the day Trixie used that very same amulet to take over Ponyville. She shuddered at that memory and shook it off, focusing more on the corrupted being in front of her.

"Melodia!" Eternal shouted, catching her attention.

"Ugh! Not you again! What do you mortals want now?!" she asked, more annoyed and angry. Her eyes glew an even darker red and her horns glew as well.

"You will not lay another claw on anypony else here! The fact that you show no remorse for any of your heinous acts, you will pay the ultimate price: Being imprisoned for all eternity." Eternal explains. He lights up his horn and causes his crown and the necklaces around the other guys' necks to glow. All six of the stallions levitated off the ground and shined in a bright white light.

"Pah! If you think that little trick is going to stop me, be my guest! But afterwards, I'll carry out my plans and purge this place once and for all!" Melodia shouted, laughing loudly. The magic coming from her Alicorn Amulet corrupter her the more she absorbed its power.

Eternal saw that there was no talking Melodia out of this. He was given no choice but to carry on the attack, along with his five other pals. Even now, his eyes had glown pure white.

Twilight felt like the Elements of Freedom might actually possess the same abilities as the Elements of Harmony and the proof was being witnessed by her own eyes. However, instead of a rainbow being blasted from their elements, a bright beam of light struck straight at Melodia and caught her off guard and she let out a screech of pain as she got blown back and hit the ground.

During the aftermath, the gang waited for the dust to clear off and the 6 stallions gently floated down after their attack was finally launched.

Once the dust cleared, the gang all saw Melodia laying on the ground, motionless. Eternal got a bit worried and hoped the attack didn't finish her off, so he approached Melodia. He leaned down with caution to feel her heart beat, which he luckily heard perfectly. Melodia was still alive, but she was far from finished, and to his shocking realization, she wasn't imprisoned at all.

His fears only became more severe when she woke up, laughing to herself. She locked her eyes on Eternal with an evil and bone-chilling grin, making him jump and move back from her. Melodia got back on all fours and stared down the gang with the smile of death.

"I don't get it! Is there no end to her destructive power?! What's she made of?!" Shadow Force asked.

"I don't know, but she's not normal!" Hurricane Breeze says, backing up with fear.

"Let's try it again!"

"NOT SO FAST!" echoed another female voice. The rest of the gang jumped in surprise, looking in all directions to find where the voice came from. Their eyes turned slowly towards Melodia. Her Alicorn Amulet began to glow a dark red color and shot out sparks of magic from its red gem. The ground began to rumble violently than it did before and the others became feared by what was going on.

Then, in a blinding red light, the Alicorn Amulet levitated off of Melodia and span out of control, shrouding itself into a gradually growing dark cloud. The sounds of laughter came, not from Melodia, but strangely, from the Alicorn Amulet itself. Soon, a pair of two red eyes opened up in the dark cloud and locked onto Twilight and her friends, laughing evilly at them.

To Be Continued