• Published 25th May 2017
  • 1,768 Views, 30 Comments

Rise of Equestria: The War Begins - Israel Yabuki



Twilight and her friends travel around Equestria with a group of brand new friends who seem to possess more than what the girls anticipated

  • ...
5
 30
 1,768

Regrouping

Author's Note:

My apologies if this chapter did not meet your expectations. Anyways, I decided to change the new Elements of Harmony into the Elements of Freedom, thanks to one of my readers, whom I will leave a link to their user account. They helped give me this idea so be sure to check them out when you get the time and thank you very much. Brony on everypony.

https://www.fimfiction.net/user/262554/PanzerBrony+Metallicom props to this guy for helping me out. Go ahead and follow him.

Heat Blitz had finally calmed down from his little emotional breakdown after he had finally found out about his real mother. Breaking free of the hug, Heat Blitz takes a seat next to Celestia and Spike. At this point, Spike got a little curious at why Blue Blaze was always turning his attention towards the stairs out in the hallway. It was like something was up there that was really bothering him.

"Um, Blue Blaze?" Spike asked.

"Hmm?" he replied.

"Why do you keep looking at the stairs in the hallway? Is there something up there that sort of bothers you?"

"Actually, Spike. There's some"pony" upstairs that sort of "bothers" him. Specifically, his little brother, Eternal Flames and he's always under the weather." Crimson Ruby says.

"Eternal Flames?" Spike asked, looking perturbed.

"I was the one who gave him that name." Celestia says.

"I know a little bit about him and I think that's why the map brought us here. You see, Heat Blitz told that Eternal Flames doesn't socialize with anypony anymore ever since his grandfather passed away. Heat told me how Eternal would always keep himself isolated in his room, looking down at the town below." Twilight explained to Celestia.

"Oh dear, when did this happen?" Celestia asked.

"Three weeks ago." Blue Blaze says.

"I guess he took it pretty hard. Did you try cheering him up?" Spike asked.

"I stopped trying." Blue Blaze replies.

"But not me. The only reason he stopped is because he's afraid of his own little brother's strength and how he might turn against his own family. But for the past 3 weeks, he's never laid a harmful hoof on any of us, all he ever does is just make small talk." Crimson says.

"Is he still in is room now?" Twilight asks.

"That's all he ever stays in." Blue Blaze says, unamused.

"Honey!" Crimson says, smacking his shoulders.

"What? I've tried to be nice to the little squirt but nothing helps."

"Blue Blaze, he is your little brother. You should never stop trying to comfort your own flesh and blood, he lost his own beloved grandfather." Celestia scolds.

"Mother, with all due respect, it's been three weeks. Three... weeks! Any other normal pony would try to move on within at least 5 days, or a week at the most. If he wants to sulk in that room of his for the rest of his life, then who am I to stop the little crybaby." Blue Blaze says, cringing.

"HEY!" Heat Blitz shouts. "I can understand why you're upset with my brother sulking over grandpa's death for 3 whole weeks in a row, but don't EVER insult him like that again! Now if you'll excuse me, I've got a big brother that I need to help cheer up." Heat Blitz ran out of the living room and up the flight of stairs.

"Should I go up there with him?" Spike asked.

"No, sweetie. Let them talk things over. As far as they're concerned, we're all still strangers to them, including my son, who's sulking upstairs." Celestia says before turning her attention to Twilight. "So what was it that you wanted to tell me, other than the news about one of my sons?"

"Well, you see, there's something in this book about the "Freedom Valley Legends" that me and Sunset found out about in the library." Twilight replies.

"Oh, I think we have that book." Crimson says. "Hang on, I'll go and get it." she gets up out of her seat and goes over to the bookshelf underneath the window. She got out the first book on the top left part of the shelf and brought it over to Twilight and sat back down on the couch.

"Thank you." Twilight says before openeing up the book. She turns the pages a couple of times before she comes across the same one she and Sunset found. "Okay, princess, here's what we found out. Apparently in this place called the "Freedom Valley," there's a legend about the Elements of Freedom."

"Wait a second, don't you mean Elements of Harmony?" Celestia asks.

"Not these ones, Princess. Although, there are 5 known elements and a hidden one, just like our Elements of Harmony, these ones are named differently. The five known elements here are Knowledge, Hope, Respect, Wisdom and Teamwork. No pony knows the 6th element and haven't even considered looking to find them, mostly because previous travelers either weren't the chosen ones or some brushed it off as nothing more than an urban legend or a myth." Twilight explains.

"Does anypony else know about this?" Spike asked.

"Father does." Blue Blaze says. "When he was still the king, he'd read that book to Eternal every night before bed when he was just a colt. Nowadays, father either checks up on us and spars with his old combat partner out in the valley every day."

"Who's his combat partner?" Twilight asks.

"Panja. He's a lion."

"A LION?!"

"Well that would explain the lion dens on the outside of the town." Spike says.

"Wait, I thought lions were wild predators." Twilight says.

"That's only partly true, but the lions here can talk and act civilized in their own manor. One in particular is the leader of the pride, Panja. He taught me and my brother, Eternal, along with a few other friends of his how to handle themselves in the midst of a fight. We even went so far as to call him "Master Panja," when we were still his student up until about a year ago." Blue Blaze says.

"Strange... I never heard of a lion for a combat teacher." Twilight says.

"In this land, in this world, anything's possible, Twilight." Celestia says.


Upstairs on the third floor, Heat Blitz had walked over to the opened doorway leading into his older brother's room where he was still standing in the exact same spot. One step into his room and just like that, "Is there something you wanted to talk about?" Eternal asked.

"Um, we have guests downstairs, Eternal." Heat says.

"So it seems." Eternal says, still gazing out his window.

"Come on, Eternal. Don't you want to meet them? I don't want you to be alone all day, you've barely even had anything to eat at all." Heat Blitz says. "I know you're upset about grandpa and all and I don't really blame you, I've have to live with this cold hard reality, too. We all do. But grandpa would want you to mourn over his death forever, he'd want you to be strong and move forward, not for his sake, but for your sake. Please, Eternal, I miss my big brother and that bright smile of his." Heat Blitz explains.

Heat Blitz waited for at least any kind of movement from Eternal, other than his lips, but for a whole minute there was nothing so far. Heat's ears flopped down and was about to give up, but suddenly, he saw his brother slowly turn around to face him. Eternal's sapphire eyes locked onto Heat's magenta eyes, however, Eternal's eyes were dull and still filled with anger and sorrow.

"Fine. I'll join you downstairs, but only for an hour. Will that be enough?" he asked. Heat Blitz, then lunged at Eternal and hugged him tightly.

"Yeah. More than anything." he replied. Eternal's eyes sparked a little bit as he wrapped one of his hooves around his little brother's back.

"Alright, easy does it." The two brothers held the hug for 30 seconds before both stallions walked out of the room and the two flights of stairs. Both of the young stallions made it into the living room and Blue Blaze gave Eternal that cold, unamused look as Eternal did back.

"Don't even start with me." Blue Blaze says, glaring at his little brother.

"Look who's talking." Eternal retorted in the same tone.

"Boys, stop! This isn't how you should behave." Crimson says. "Jeez, can you two go for one whole day without grabbing each other's throats?"

"I would, but I gotta make sure he's gonna not running his mouth in all the wrong directions." Blue Blaze says, giving his little brother the death stare.

"Says the guy who's trying to start it all." Eternal retorts, looking unamused.

"You trying to start something with me? Being an alicorn isn't just for show, you know!"

"You don't scare me, ya big blue lout!"

"GUYS, ENOUGH!" Spike shouted. Blue Blaze and Eternal looked at Spike. "If you're ever going to stop patronizing each other, then you need to stop bad-mouthing Eternal and YOU need to put your grandfather's death behind you and move on, not for his sake, but for your own, if you don't, you'll just end up driving away your loved ones and you can't live with that truth, you understand?" Spike scolded.

Blue Blaze and Eternal looked surprised at the young dragon's words. The two stallions looked back at each other and stared for a moment. They both took a deep breath and let out a sigh of relief before they finally approached each other.

"I apologize, Eternal. I guess I was a bit of a jerk. But the dragon speaks the truth. Grandpa's gone and we to pull ourselves together, just like old times." Blue Blaze says calmly.

"Yes, I apologize, too, Blue Blaze. My actions were childish and uncalled for. I'm still upset about grandpa leaving us, but I'll try to move on." Eternal replied. Blue Blaze smiled a bit.

"Come here, let me give you a hug." he said. Eternal nodded and got close enough to his older brother and wrapped his hoof around him while Blue Blaze wrapped his hoof around Eternal, with the added bonus of one of his wrapping one of his wings around Eternal.

"Aww, that's just so sweet." Twilight said, placing a hoof on her chest.

"My big brothers." Heat Blitz says, smiling.

"It warms my heart to finally see you two like this." Celestia says.

"Let's just hope it stays that way." Crimson says. "It's been quite a while since the last time I saw those two embracing their everlasting brotherhood."

"Well, aside from this, I still can't believe there are these things called the Elements of Freedom!" When Twilight said this, Eternal's eyes shot wide open and let go of his brother.

"You mean the ones my father read me when I was a colt?" Eternal asked. Twilight nodded. "Do you mind if I take a look at it for a moment?"

"Oh, not at all, go ahead." Twilight levitated the book over to Eternal and he started reading a few of the pages somewhat hastily, like he was lookign for some kind of info.

"If I remember right, there was a rumor about the Elements of Freedom being hidden at the Freedom Valley long ago, but the only pony whoever found them were King Cosmos and Queen Galaxia. Rumor has it that they were the ones who created these artifacts." Eternal explains.

But then everypony around him froze in shock when he said that, but the one who was most shocked was Princess Celestia when he mentioned the legendary king and queen of time and space.

"O-Oh my!" Celestia says with a hoof under her lip.

"Princess, what's the matter?" Twilight asked.

"Queen Galaxia and King Cosmos... are my parents." Celestia replied.

"What?! How come you never told me about them?" Spike asked.

"I've ruled over Equestria for so long that I completely forgot about them. I knew that they were quite powerful, but I didn't know they could create the Elements of Harmony." Celestia says, still shocked.

"If I had known you were the daughter of such powerful deities, I'd probably pay you your respects and probably do the same for your parents." Eternal said.

"Well, as nice as it sounds, we should probably go meet up with the others." Spike implied. Twilight then gasped in a panic and ran towards the front door.

"Oh no, I forgot about Sunset! I left her at the library!" Twilight said.

"Calm yourself, Twilight. We'll all go together." Celestia replied. "If that's okay with you." she asks, turning her attention to her boys.

"I suppose it wouldn't hurt to meet more of your friends, mother." Blue Blaze said. Eternal's ears shot up when his brother said that.

"Why'd you call her "mother?" Eternal asked. Blue Blaze covered his muzzle. "This better not be some kind of joke you always try to pull off."

Blue Blaze sighed at Eternal's accusasions. "No, Eternal. I couldn't tell you this, because you might take it very hard, but Princess Celestia is our mother."

"That can't be! How do you know?"

"Do you remember have those dreams about that alicorn's shadow?"

"Yes, but why are you bringing this up?"

"Well, I think it's time for you open up your eyes, because our mother... had found us."

As soon as Blue Blaze said that, Eternal's eyes widened. He then shook his head. "N-No, how?!"

"Why don't you ask her yourself? I'm sure she'll explain everything."

Eternal couldn't think straight, but he took his older brother's advice and walked over to Princess Celestia, who's already walked out of the house with the others. He walked up close enough for him to whisper into the princess' ear, hoping the others won't hear.

"Princess." he whispered.

"Hmm?" Celestia asked, looking at Eternal.

"Is my brother right? Are you actually my mother?" he waited for a response from the princess. Her reaction to his question was a slight giggle and then she leaned her neck down to his level.

"It might be a bit much to take in all at once, but I'm very impressed with how much you've grown... my son." She whispered quietly to Eternal. He stopped dead in his tracks, with a shocked expression. Heat Blitz watched as his older brother became completely dumbfounded.

"Hey, what's the hold-up?" Heat Blitz asked.

"I think he just found out more about Princess Celestia than he thought." Spike replied.

"Yeah, and I don't think he's taking it too well." Twilight added. Eternal Flames' eyes soon hid underneath his red mane, trying not to show off his anger.

"Tell me... why?" he asked in a shook up voice.

"Why have I not told you this sooner, or why did I leave?" Celestia asked.

"Both!" he replied, trying not to explode. Celestia sighed.

"I want to save this story for after we've gathered everypony."

Eternal sighed. "Fine, but can my pals join on this? I... want to surprise them."

"Sure, son."

Afterwards, the rest of the gang exited out of the house and followed Twilight. But as they were passing by an ice cream shop, Twilight heard a familiar voice from inside the shop. She walked inside and saw her friend, Pinkie Pie, munching on what looked like her 17th bowl of ice cream.

"Pinkie?! What are you doing?" Twilight asked, all shocked.

"Hmm? Oh, I was trying to ask one of the ponies who worked here if there was a friendship problem we could solve, but then, I got a little hungry, so I stayed to have a little snack!" Pinkie replied with a squee.

"If I didn't know any better, I'd say she's a bottomless pit." said a male voice. Twilight looked and saw that there was a stallion who had a strong resemblance to King Sombra, only he was much younger and didn't have any armor on his body.

Twilight got a little cautious and lit up her horn, teleporting herself between Pinkie and the stallion. She glared at him without breaking eye contact.

"Listen, Sombra, I don't know what you want, but don't even think about hurting my friends, or I promise you that you'll get what's coming to you!" Twilight said, gritting her teeth.

"Oooooh, you sound like that girl with the purple cloak who can use demonic powers." Pinkie says.

"Okay, first off, you don't have to get all hostile with me. Second, just because I look like a younger version of my father, doesn't mean I share his cold, black heart. Third, my name is Shadow Force." he explains.

"Oh, umm..... sorry about that. I just thought tha--......FATHER?!?!?!" Twilight asked, shocked.

"Sombra has a son?!" Spike asked in the same tone.

"I reacted the same way when I heard about him being Sombra's child. However, father never saw that in him, and instead saw him as a lost pony with no family to call his own." Blue Blaze said.

"And thanks to their dad's guidance and the support from the town, they all helped raise me and even gave me this job at the ice cream parlor. It gave me a major sweet tooth, no doubt." Shadow explains.

"Yup yup! But he doesn't eat as much ice cream as I do!" Pinkie said with a squee.

".....Right, umm shouldn't we get Sunset?" Spike asked.

"Oh right, come on everypony." Twilight said. The group followed her down the path of the town and in no less than 4 minutes, they finally made it to the library. Twilight went inside for a few minutes before bringing Sunset out with the rest of the gang. Afterwards, the group all walked back down the path and on the search for more of Twilight's friends, only for all of them to stop dead in their tracks when a yellow and a rainbow blue sped past them, and Pinkie jumped up and down with joy.

"OOH, OOH, LOOK, UP THERE!" Pinkie says, pointing at the sky. Everypony's eyes looked up and saw that Rainbow Dash was trying to get this yellow pegasus.

"What?" Shadow asked, looking up with the rest of the group. But just as he looks up, he starts laughing.

"NGAHHH!!!!" she shouted. "STOP RUNNING AWAY!!!"

The stallion she was chasing after kept giving her an unamused glance before soaring faster in the sky, trying to get away from Rainbow Dash. But Rainbow Dash kept chasing after him. She was never one to give up a chase, unless it was Pinkie chasing after her.

"Will you just slow down already?!" Rainbow shouted.

"And risk being off schedule? Sorry ma'am, but I'm busy right now!" replied the stallion. He kicked his flight speed into overdrive and gain a little bit of distance away from Rainbow Dash. But she, on the other hoof, wasn't going to let her "competitor" get the better of her.

All the while, Spike was getting a good laugh at Rainbow having trouble keeping up.

"Hey, what's so funny? We all know Rainbow's the fastest pegasus in Ponyville." Pinkie said.

"Except we're not in Ponyville. I think she's met somepony who can actually hold their own against her. Especially when he's constantly in a rush. But who is he?" Twilight asked.

"That's one of Eternal Flames' friends. He and his mom and some other pegasi are in charge of the weather here in the Freedom Village. He doesn't really talk to strangers, but he can still be nice." Heat Blitz explains.

"Only he's kinda punctual when it comes to work. He's quick in the head and wings." Shadow added.

"And it looks like Rainbow Dash found herself a new speed rival." Spike chuckled.

"I'll take quite a while for them to stop flying around like that." Sunset added.

"I'll say, but for now, let's just leave them be. They'll come to us in due time." Celestia implied.

"Yeah, but right now we gotta find Rarity, Applejack and Fluttershy. And if I know Rarity, she'd probably get sidetracked over some new lines of dresses or she's eyeing some random stallion." Twilight says. Her eyes widen when she mentioned that last part out loud with Spike listening. "Eh, sorry Spike."

"No no, i-it's alright. Let's just find the others." Spike said. "Umm... hey, Blue Blaze, does this town have a zoo, because Fluttershy is kind of an animal caretaker."

"As a matter of fact, we do have a zoo. It's a little distance away, so I need you all to stay close so you don't get lost along the way, okay?" Blue Blaze replied.

"Okay." everyone replied. Blue Blaze then took the lead and everypony followed him. During the walk to the zoo, Eternal Flames walked up to Spike with curiousity.

"So, Spike, was it?" Eternal asked.

"Y-Yeah, what is it?" Spike replied.

"What's the matter? You sounded kind of bummed out when Twilight mentioned this "Rarity." Is she a good friend of yours or something?"

"Yeah, we've been good friends for about 5 years."

"That's nice to hear. There's nothing more greater than having close friends."

"Yeah, but the thing is... I've always... umm... oh never mind."

"What? Tell me?"

"You wouldn't like what I'm about to say."

"Spike, I can understand fully. Just tell me what's on your mind."

"Oh alright, I've had a crush on her when I first met her. I was only a baby dragon back then. She's the most beautiful pony I ever laid eyes on. I wanted to be able to go on a date with her, but... I just kept getting nervous about it and I always bail on the most important opportunities."

"What kind of things did you do for her?"

"Well, for one thing, I always helped her with work. I let her use my tail as a pin cushion when she's sewing some of her dresses, I help carry her luggage and most of all... I gave her a beautiful fire ruby. In return, I was able to get a kiss on the cheek from her. No wonder she's the Element of Generosity."

Eternal's eyebrow quirked when Spike said all those things. He closed his eyes and shook his head. Eternal knew exactly what was going on. "I was afraid you'd say that."

"What? Is something wrong."

"Well, let me put it this way: You say that she's the Element of Generosity, yet you're the one who's been doing most of the "generous" work instead of her. She practically has you eating out of the tip of her hoof and the only thanks she gave you was a kiss on the cheek?"

"What's wrong with that?"

"Spike, she's taking you for granted. I can already guess she begs for attention from other stallions or even her friends and yet you claim she's the "Element of Generosity?"

When he said that, Spike got a little frustrated with his attitude. "Hey, don't doubt Rarity."

"I'm just speaking from the heart, Spike. If anypony's doing their job as the Element of Generosity, it's you."

"No! T-That's not true! I-I-I could never take away her element!"

"Too late, Spike. One of these days, if she ever loses touch with her element, you're going to have to step up and show the whole world the power you might possess. And who's fault is it going to be for not living up to her important title?"

"What am I suppose to do, give up on her?"

"I'm not telling you to give up on love, I'm telling you to open your eyes to the truth. Just like how I opened up my eyes years ago when my heart was shattered by my ex." Afterwards, Eternal walked up to Blue Blaze, leaving Spike to ponder about why he would say those things about Rarity.

Finally, everypony reached the entrance of the zoo and went inside, paying for the tickets. The groups all scattered around to find Fluttershy. With Twilight and Sunset, they went over to the penguin exhibit where a group of cute penguins were laying down on their backs, rubbing their bellies with their flippers, meaning they must have finished up their meals.

Twilight and Sunset giggled at the sight and kept moving down the path.

"Twilight, who was that stallion talking to Spike earlier?" Sunset asked.

"That was Eternal Flames." Twilight replied.

"Oh, so why was he telling Spike all those things about Rarity? He's never met her."

"I don't know, I guess he's had a rough love life, too."

"Poor guy. Hopefully he turns his life around."

"I'm sure he will. But first, we gotta find our fluttering little friend."

Sunset giggled. Twilight then stopped over at the orangutan exhibit where they stumbled upon their timid pegasus friend, feeding the orangutans with what looked like a pegasus stallion. From their perspectives, it looked like Fluttershy was carrying on a full-blown conversation with the stallion.

"Hurricane, why are you the only one working in this zoo?" Fluttershy asked.

"Well, for one thing, my 2 older sisters don't like "getting their hooves dirty." They never liked having to clean up the droppings the animals leave behind and they don't like being in "smelly cages" with them either and as for my mom, she stopped running the zoo after grandma passed away." Hurricane Breeze replied.

"Your grandma worked at the zoo? What was she like?"

"Oh, she was like an angel sent from the heavens above. She had a heart made of gold and a beautiful melody she would always hum to keep the animals feeling comfortable. But sadly, her time was running out when she caught a terrible illness which took her away from me when I was 13."

"Oh my. I... I'm so sorry, Hurricane. I wish I could've met her."

"You would've loved her. And she would've loved you."

"Aww, thanks."

"Hey, Fluttershy!" Twilight shouted, making her jump. Fluttershy looked up and saw Twilight and Sunset waving at her with big smiles. Fluttershy felt her whole face go red.

"O-Oh umm... t-this isn't what it looks like Twilight." Fluttershy stuttered.

"It's alright, Fluttershy, no need to feel judged." Twilight reassured. "Although, you'll have to come with us so we can find the rest of the girls."

"Oh, okay." Fluttershy looked back at Hurricane. "Sorry, I gotta go. It was nice talking to you, though."

"I'm glad I got to know you, Fluttershy, take care." Hurricane says.

"Hey, if you want, you can bring him along with you. How does that sound?" Sunset asked. Twilight looked at Sunset with a questionable look. "What? I'm just saying, the more the merrier."

"Well, that's up to him if he has the time." Twilight says.

"Do you want to come along with us? I could introduce you to my friends. Oh... umm, that is... i-i-if you don't mind, that is, but if you don't... I understand." Fluttershy asked. Hurricane Breeze thought it over for a little bit until he had finally made his decision.

"Well, as soon as I'm done putting the elephants to sleep, I'll go. In the meantime, you girls go on ahead and meet with whoever you've got with you." Hurricane replied.

"Okay then. Good luck." Fluttershy replied before flying out of the orangutan exhibit. She, Twilight and Sunset all kept on moving forward on the search for the others.

"So, Fluttershy, who was that stallion you were talking to?" Twilight asked.

"Oh, that was Hurricane Breeze. He's the only pony running the zoo." Fluttershy says.

"The only one? Shouldn't there be other ponies running the whole place, too?" Sunset asked.

"Well, there were 4 other ponies who worked here, but 3 of them quit while the other one passed away. Sadly, that one employee was the original owner of the zoo, Hurricane's grandmother. Hurricane said that she was extremely kind to all of the animals." Fluttershy explains.

"Aww, that's so sad. I hope he's doing okay." Twilight says.

"He's a little upset, and he's usually exhausted after a whole day of working. But he still loves what he does as long as he sees the animals smiling. One time he got so exhausted that he fell asleep in the grizzly bear exhibit and they just layed next to him, keeping him warm and cozy." Fluttershy explains.

"Well that's a one in a million chance that's ever happen." Sunset says.


Over on the other side of the zoo, Celestia kept walking with Eternal Flames, trying to spend a little quality time with her son while all of the others still search for Fluttershy.

"Eternal, your brother said that your father was sparring with his combat partnet, Panja. What exactly does he do these days now that Blue Blaze is in charge?" Celestia asked.

"Other than checking up on us, he got this crazy idea about wanting to watch over the village and the valley from atop the tallest mountain. There was only one enemy who caused trouble around the town, and although father drove them away, we lost one pony." Eternal explains.

"I'm guessing it was your grandfather." Celestia says.

"Yes. But thanks to my father for warning us of the enemy and aiding us in the battle, they flew away and my father gained the title "The Mountain King." Although, I don't get why he'd be called that since I feel like I've heard that title somewhere else before." Eternal replied.

"Oh? Where?"

"No idea, but somehow the name still suites him."

Celestia giggled. "I'm guessing he's not exactly full of himself anymore than he use to?"

"You mean like blabbing about being the strongest? No, I don't think I've ever seen him act so egotistical in my whole entire life, but if he did, I was probably still just a foal."

"Hmm, I see." 'Let's just hope he hasn't forgotten me.' Celestia thought to herself.

"Princess! We found her!" shouted Twilight. Celestia looked ahead and saw Sunset, Twilight and Fluttershy running towards her and Eternal. "Now all we need to find is Rarity and Applejack. Rainbow Dash is probably still trying chasing that pegasus stallion all over town."

"Eternal Flames, does your town have any farms?" Sunset asks.

"Yes. The farmlands are on the east side of the village. But first, we have to get the rest of the group." Eternal says, before walking down the path to the hippo exhibit. "You girls go ahead and wait by the entrance, I'll be back as soon as I possibly can, okay?"

"Okay." Twilight says. Eternal took a few steps forward before teleporting away.


10 minutes later, Eternal got everyone back to the entrance and exited out of the zoo, along with Hurricane Breeze, who finally finished getting the elephants to go to sleep. Everypony traveled to the east part of the village, coming across the farmlands, which looked bigger than they imagined.

"No doubt AJ would probably be here." Spike says.

"Who's AJ?" Shadow asked.

"He means Applejack, silly!" Pinkie replied. "She's a harding-working farm mare."

"So is Ground Breaker." Hurricane added.

"Who's Ground Breaker?" Fluttershy asked.

"He's one of our pals. So is Spark Burst, and Tidal Wave." Shadow answered.

"Well that's nice. I didn't know you made a few friends here, Eternal." Celestia said, surprised.

"I met them back in kindergarden. Except for Tidal Wave. I met him down at a local restaurant when he graduated medical school at the ripe young age of 20." Eternal explains.

"How old is he now?" Sunset asks.

"22. He hardly ever plays because of his strict parents and having to watch his little sister." Eternal says.

"That's gotta stink." Spike says.

"No kidding." Shadow added.

"OOH, OOH, OOH, I SEE APPLEJACK!!! HI APPLEJACK!!!!!" Pinkie shouted. She bounced up high into the air, waving at a familiar mare with orange fur and blonde mane. Applejack was out in one of th fields, helping out one of the farm ponies harvest the crops. Pinkie gasped, not because she was helping out with harvesting crops, but moreso with who she was helping out.

"Oh... my..." Fluttershy says. She also saw the pony she was helping. He was an earth pony stallion with tan fur and a messy, brown mane with darker green eyes. He was a little more built than some of the other stallions and his cutie mark showed an erupting volcano.

Applejack heard the sound of Pinkie's voice and looked over to the group. "Howdy, gals! Ah'll be with y'all in a minute, Ah still gotta help Ground Breaker her get a few more veggies to pull outta the ground. Ah promise to finish up as quickly as I possibly can!" Applejack replied.

"Ground Breaker?!" Twilight asked in surprise.

"What? You didn't know he was a farmer? He even helps out with the others. Plus, anytime one of them is too worn out to work, he carries them on his back and takes them to their home. His dad is really proud of him for being helpful and respectful to others." Shadow explains.

"Aww, that's so sweet." Fluttershy says.

Later on, Applejack and Ground Breaker finished up with the work and went to meet up with the others and head back into town, searching for a certain fashionista. Along the way, they still saw Rainbow Dash chasing after the same yellow pegasus stallion in the air.

The group arrived on the west part of the town where the market was. Everypony kept their eyes opens, searching for any signs of Rarity. Applejack's eyes soon landed on Rarity, who was sitting on a bench near this big gate, enjoying her chocolate ice cream.

"Uh, fellers, Ah think Ah found her." AJ says, pointing to Rarity. Everypony looked and saw Rarity as well and approached the fashionista mare. "Howdy Rarity."

'So, she's Spike's crush? I can see why.' Eternal thought to himself.

"Oh, hello Applejack, did you find anypony with a friendship problem?" Rarity asked. But then her eyes landed on Princess Celestia's boys. "Oh my! What have we here?" she asked, walking towards the stallions.

"These are Celestia's sons: Blue Blaze, Eternal Flames and Heat Blitz." Twilight says. Rarity's eyes sparkled, having heard what Twilight said.

"SONS! You mean Celestia's a..." Rarity says with a huge grin.

"Yes, I'm a mother." Celestia chuckled.

"But, I'm afraid you're too late on terms of dating, I'm happily married." Blue Blaze said.

"Oh...umm... well, what abou-" Rarity asked Eternal Flames, but gets cut off immediately.

"Not a chance." Eternal said, turning away with his eyes closed.

"Ooh, ouch, that's gotta hurt!" Sunset says, with a slight chuckle.

"INCOMING!!!" shouted Rainbow. Twilight looked up at the sky, seeing Rainbow diving down, chasing after the yellow pegasus still, but just as he was about to touch the ground, he pulled himself back up while Rainbow Dash came crashing down into the ground. "OOF!!!" she grunted.

"Dashie! Dashie! Are you okay?" Pinkie asked.

"I'm fine, Pinkie. I jus- OUCH!!!" Rainbow grabbed her left wing and massaged it.

"The fearless become blind when becoming too competitive." said a male voice. Twilight saw that the yellow stallion came back down and examined Rainbow Dash. Twilight now had a better look at the stallion Rainbow Dash had been chasing. His mane was spikey and a darker yellow than his fur. His eyes were faded light green and his cutie mark showed a white, power surging lightning bolt.

"Umm... by any chance, are you Spark Burst?" Twilight asked.

"Yes." he replied as he walked up to Eternal. "So who are these ponies?"

"They're friends of my mom." Eternal replied. Spark Burst looked at all of them. His faced looked unamused, but he just nodded and turned his attention to Eternal again.

"So, I'm guessing the tall alicorn with the multi-colored mane is your biological mother?" Spark asks.

"Eeyup." Eternal replied.

"Heh, you sounded just like Big Mac." Applejack chuckled.

"Eternal, is that you?" said another male voice. Eternal tilted his head to the left and saw a stallion with light blue fur, black mane and a cutie mark resembling an ocean wave.

"Oh, hiya Tidal Wave. Haven't seen you in a while." Eternal said, walking up to him.

"I see you're finally out of your mourning cave. You pulling through okay?" Tidal asked.

"Yeah. Come on, I want to introduce you to somepony special." The two stallions walked back towards the group and Eternal introduced Tidal Wave to the girls. "Tidal Wave, this is Princess Celestia, she's supposedly my biological mother and these are her friends." Eternal pointed to the others.

"Pleased to meet you, I'm Twilight Sparkle. But you can call me Twilight."

"I know we've already met, but my name's Rarity."

"Howdy partner, Mah name's Applejack."

"OOH OOH, ME NEXT, ME NEXT! I'm Pinkie Pie: Party Thrower Extraordinair!"

"Um, hi... I... I'm Fluttershy."

"Sup, my name's Rainbow Dash."

"My name's Sunset Shimmer. Nice to meet you."

"I'm Spike. How do you do?"

"Pleasure to meet you all. And nice to see you again, Rarity." Tidal replied casually.

"Well, now that everypony's gathered. I now have one request for you, mother." Eternal said.

"Oh? What might that be, son?" Celestia asked.

"I want to know about why you left me, my brothers and my father when I was just a foal."

Celestia knew her son deserved an explaination. She sighed and sat on the bench and stared at the group, who all took a seat on the ground.

"Alright, everypony. It's time I told you all the truth about parts of my past that I completely forgot. You see, at one time in my life, I use to be a queen." Celestia begins to explain.



To Be Continued...