• Published 24th Apr 2018
  • 766 Views, 60 Comments

The Robotic Hero of Canterlot High - TriforceAndroid



Dew Drop, a halfling from Metal City, ends up in Canterlot City and tries to start a new life. But when the Cyber Force and the Anti-Cyborg Group attack, he must defend Canterlot City as Android, the Hero of Courage!

  • ...
25
 60
 766

Chapter 3: Trouble Brewing

“Dew Drop,” a soft voice came as he was gently shaken awake. “Wake up, sleepyhead.”

Dew Drop opened his eyes to see Celestia standing beside his bed. He sat up and stretched while yawning. “How long have I been asleep?” He asked.

“You’ve been asleep for about an hour,” the Canterlot High principal answered. “I had no idea you were this tired,” she added with a giggle.

Dew Drop rubbed the back of his head bashfully. “Well, to be fair, this is the first time I’ve slept in a bed in quite a while,” he said. He then smelled something tasty and drooled a little. “Mm! That smells good!”

“We thought you might want to have some dinner. We decided to order pizza,” Luna said from the doorway. Both women were dressed more casually now. “I hope you don’t mind pepperoni and cheese.”

Dew Drop nodded eagerly. “I love pizza,” he said excitedly. “Pepperoni is my favorite topping!”

The three gathered on the couch in front of the TV, where two large pizzas were waiting for them. Celestia clicked to the news while Luna and Dew Drop began to eat.

“We heard about Metal City from the news,” Celestia explained. “A lot of the kids at CHS don’t seem to bother watching it, but I think it’s a good idea to stay up to date with the latest happenings.”

The young halfling felt a bit sad that hardly any of the students seemed to care about Metal City. “I guess they feel that stuff in Metal City isn’t exciting. Or, maybe they just find the news boring. I don’t know.”

Celestia nodded and took a bite of pizza. Meanwhile, the news showed a story about a man who had been attacked by pigeons. Luna seemed to think it was interesting, but Celestia simply rolled her eyes and waited until the report was over.

Dew Drop wasn’t sure why pigeons would attack someone. He took a bite and kept watching the news. Hopefully, nothing about the Cyber Force or ACG comes up.

“You know,” Luna said once the pigeon story was done. “I’ve been noticing a strange trend happening on the news.”

“What might that be?” Celestia asked.

“I don’t just get my news from the TV, Tia. I also look online. And there are things they don’t show on TV, like the fact that there have been sightings of strange beings on the outskirts of Canterlot City.”

“Have you been browsing the tabloids again, Luna?” Celestia sighed.

“Not this time. By the time the police get to the scene, all that’s left are some odd footprints and trace amounts of metal. I wonder what that could be?”

Dew Drop felt very nervous by this revelation. “Um… out of curiosity… is there anything else that the police have noticed?”

Luna thought for a moment. “Just that the footprints were rather deep, as if they belonged to something very heavy. Oh, and that the metal traces found with the prints don’t seem to be from Canterlot. I hope it’s nothing, but you never know.”

The poor boy was now shaking. Oh, no, he thought. It can’t be them! Anyone but them! But apparently he was shaking too much because Celestia and Luna took notice of this!

“Dew Drop? Are you feeling alright?” Celestia asked, putting the remote control down.

“What’s the matter?” Luna chimed in.

As soon as he realized that he had been shaking a lot to the point where it was noticeable, he stopped. “Um… j-just a bad memory,” he said. If it’s the Cyber Force, then I should try to figure out what they’re up to. But… should I tell them that I’m actually Android? NO! Not yet! I don’t wanna alarm them!

“Maybe we should watch something else…” Luna picked up the remote and changed the channel to a football game. “Or are you nervous about school tomorrow? Don’t be, Dew Drop; pretty much everyone at CHS is just as friendly as we are, if not more.”

“Er… yeah,” he said. “I have absolutely nothing to worry about.” He looked at the screen with only one thought. I guess I better do some investigating tomorrow. But first, school!
-----------------------------------------
The next morning, Celestia and Luna drove Dew Drop to school as they went to work.

“Just remember to call us Principal Celestia and Vice-principal Luna when on campus, alright?” The elder sister said. “The students gather on the front courtyard before classes begin. Go on and make some friends!”

“Okay,” said Dew Drop with a smile. With that said, he went to the front courtyard. Soon, he saw Sunset and Pinkie sitting with five other girls. Oh! I guess I better go over and say, ‘“Hi!”

So, he went over to the group and waved. “Morning, Sunset! Morning, Pinkie!” He said with a grin.

“Hey there!” Pinkie waved back. “Girls, this is the new guy I was telling you about! He’s from Metal City, and is a totally cool dude!”

“That so?” A girl with freckles and a Stetson hat came forward. “Name’s Applejack. Welcome to CHS, partner!” She shook Dew Drop’s hand even more enthusiastically than Pinkie had the day before.

The young halfling smiled as she shook his hand. “Nice to meet you too, Applejack,” he said. He gently pulled his arm back. “That’s one heck of a grip you’ve got!” Any harder, and she might have taken off my arm. That would’ve been bad!

“She does that to everyone,” a girl with light blue skin and a mop of rainbow hair stepped up. “I’m Rainbow Dash, the captain of like, every sports team here at CHS. Welcome to our school!” She raised a hand for a high five.

Dew Drop smiled and gave her high five. “Nice to meet you, Rainbow Dash,” he said. “So, how many sports are here at this school?” As long as it’s not dodgeball or even cyborg ball, I’ll be fine!

“All sorts! There’s football, tennis, golf, fencing, motocross…” Rainbow began listing them off her fingers.

“Ahem, yes. That’s all very nice, but there is more to school than sports,” a girl with beautifully coiffed purple hair and snowy white skin stepped to the front. “My name is Rarity, and I would like to offer you a warm welcome to Canterlot High.”

As he turned to look at Rarity, he blushed deeply. She was gorgeous! Her aura seemed to say, “I’m fabulous!” Her eyes seemed to sparkle like sapphires! Elegant, beautiful, graceful! There were so many words that Dew Drop couldn’t even use to describe this girl of true beauty! He couldn’t even say anything!

“You alright there?” Sunset asked Dew Drop. “Hello?”

Pinkie waved her hand in front of Dew Drop’s face. “Oh no!” She exclaimed. “We’ve overloaded him with our friendliness!”

Dew Drop shook his head and rubbed the back of his head. “S-sorry,” he said. “I… uh… yeah! I’m fine, really!” He looked up at Rarity and felt very shy. “Um… I-it’s nice to meet you, Rarity! S-so nice to be in the p-presence of a l-lovely lady!” He nervously took her hand and kissed it, trying to be a gentleman. Oh, geez! I’ve never felt this before!

Rarity’s cheeks colored and she blinked. “Oh, my. A man of action, aren’t you?” She giggled.

Applejack sighed and Rainbow Dash rolled her eyes good-naturedly. “Let’s move on with the intros.”

A girl with her striped hair tied in a ponytail and wearing glasses was next. “My name is Twilight Sparkle,” she said. “Nice to meet you, Dew Drop.”

“What, is that all?” Sunset asked jokingly. “You’re not going to mention that you’re also CHS’s top student?”

“I don’t want to brag!” Twilight protested.

“Just messing with you, Twi,” Sunset grinned. “But it’s true, you are the top student here.”

"Wow!" Said Dew Drop. "A top student who is very humble? I like that! Anyway, I'm glad to meet you Twilight!"

“Likewise, Dew Drop,” Twilight replied with a small smile.

“And… I’m Fluttershy,” A butter-yellow girl with long, soft pink hair and large eyes came up to Dew Drop. “It’s nice to welcome you to CHS,” she said quietly. “I hope you enjoy your time here with us.”

Awe, he thought with a smile. That's so cute! "It's nice to meet you, Fluttershy," he said. "So, what do you like to do?"

“I like to help animals,” Fluttershy said, looking a bit more outgoing. “I volunteer at the animal shelter every Wednesday.”

"Awe," said Dew Drop with a grin. "That's very sweet! You seem like a very sweet girl!"

“Oh, she is,” Sunset said. “Fluttershy is the very embodiment of kindness, especially when it comes to people and animals in need.”

"Awe!" He smiled at Fluttershy. "So, she's a real sweetheart, huh?" It's very nice to meet someone who can best be described as a sweetheart!

“Oh, yeah!” Rainbow Dash reached behind herself and took out a blue electric guitar. “The seven of us are in a band called the Rainbooms. If you want, you can watch us practice after school in the music room. We’re the best!”

“I think what Rainbow means to say is, we’re quite good,” Rarity interjected sternly. “Being the best is still a goal we have yet to attain.”

Rainbow Dash sighed, but didn’t refute Rarity’s words. “But hey, we’re still pretty good. If you want to listen to some of our songs, stop by the music room, Dew Drop. It’ll be fun!”

"That does sound fun," said Dew Drop. "I play an instrument too." He pulled out his ocarina. "This is my ocarina. I've had it with me ever since I was six. I usually play soothing melodies if I'm sad."

“I’d like to hear you play it,” Fluttershy leaned closer to look at the ocarina. “I’m more into instruments that aren’t quite so… wild.” She looked at Rainbow’s electric guitar and blushed. “That’s why I play the tambourine.”

"Well, I guess I can't blame you," he said with a smile. "I bet you're quite good with the tambourine!"

“Fluttershy’s great with the tambourine!” said Pinkie, taking out a small party popper and pulling the string. A photo of the Rainbooms standing in front of a cheering crowd flew out with a small bang. “See? This is from last month’s performance. They loved us!”

“Yeah, I think-”

Whatever Rainbow Dash was about to say next was cut off by the sound of the bell ringing for class to begin.

“Well, shoot. Guess it’s time to saddle up for school. You know where your classes are, Dew Drop?” Applejack asked casually as she shouldered her backpack.

"I think I got it," he said. He slung his backpack onto his shoulder and smiled at them. "Well, it was nice to meet you all!" He pulled out his schedule. "And my first class is… science! Sweet!"

As the students filed into the school building, nobody noticed a slight shimmer in the air, high above the broken horse statue. The disturbance floated there for a few more minutes and then flew away towards the heart of the city.
-----------------------------------------------------------
“This is some good apple pie,” Applejack said as she put a spoonful of it into her mouth.

“Skipping right to dessert?” Sunset asked while shaking her head.

Applejack laughed. “You know it. Granny Smith’s apple pie is to die for.”

They stopped talking as Pinkie Pie came to the table with her lunch, pulling Dew Drop behind her. “Hey, girls! I hope you don’t mind, but I told Dew Drop he could sit with us for lunch!”

“Of course you can,” Rarity smiled, motioning for the Rainbooms to scoot over so that there was more space to sit and eat.

Dew Drop blushed as he found himself sitting next to Rarity. "W-well, it's better than eating by myself," he said. "I gotta say that Pinkie here is really friendly." He smiled at the other Rainbooms and blushed when he looked at Rarity.

"So Sunset says you're from Metal City?" Rainbow asked once everyone had settled down. "What was it like there? I don't think any of us have ever been there."

"I hadn't heard of the place before today," Applejack muttered to herself.

Dew Drop stopped eating and hung his head. "I'd… rather not talk about it," he said. "It's gone now. It no longer exists." He felt the urge to tell them about it, but chose not to so that he wouldn't open any mental wounds.

"If you don't want to talk about it, that's fine," Rarity gave Rainbow a reproachful look. "We can talk about something else, right?"

"Uh, yeah, sure!" Rainbow seemed to get that she had trod on something bad and didn’t press the matter further. "How about video games? You like video games, Dew Drop?"

In the meantime, Twilight had her phone out and seemed to be looking up something, but she made sure to stay alert on the conversation.

"Sunset Shimmer has a lot of games," Fluttershy said. "My favourite is the game with the cute little squirrels."

Dew Drop smiled widely! "Yeah," he exclaimed. "I've been a big video game fan since I was six. My favorite franchise in gaming is The Legend of Zelda. My first Zelda game was Ocarina of Time. To this day, it's still my most favorite game ever!"

"I like The Legend of Zelda too," Sunset said with a nod. "The dungeons are a lot of fun, it's like solving a puzzle."

"I'm more of a fighting game kind of person," Rainbow added. "But if you and Sunset say this Zelda is good, maybe I can give it a shot sometime."

"The Zelda series is certainly worth playing," said Dew Drop. "I love the exploration, the puzzles, the dungeons, and even the combat. But my favorite thing about the games is the story that each game has. Even thoughthe story in Ocarina of Time was sad, I still like it." He turned to Sunset. "So which Zelda game is your favorite?"

"My personal favorite has to be The Wind Waker. There was just this huge sense of scale and exploration on the Great Sea that not a lot of games have," Sunset said. "Plus, the figurine collecting sidequest gives it a lot of replay value."

"As, yes! The Wind Waker. That one is my second favorite Zelda game," said Dew Drop. "It was pretty sad to know that Hyrule was now at the bottom of the ocean due to Ganon's return in the Adult timeline of Ocarina of Time. But, the Hero of Winds is one of the most unique Links of the series. He wasn't even chosen by the gods or fate to be a hero!"

"Sometimes being a hero means standing up to evil, even if you haven’t been chosen by anyone," Rarity said sagely. "It's a lesson that comes up a lot in my detective novels."

"You're a novelist?" Asked Dew Drop in surprise. "AWESOME!" He realized that he had gotten too excited and rubbed the back of his head bashfully. "Um… I mean… that's cool!"

"I haven't published anything yet," Rarity said humbly. "Mostly I just share my stories with the literature club and on the Internet. Writing novels is something I do to relax when I'm taking a break from my real passion, fashion."

"Oh, you're a fashionista?" He asked. He suddenly felt insecure about his somewhat ragged outfit. Hopefully, the mall has some cool Zelda shirts and hoodies. Also, I may need some jeans and shorts. Plus, these shoes have seen better days.

"I am aspiring to be one, yes. Anyone at this school can tell you that I just love designing clothes and accessories to go with them," Rarity beamed. "I even help Pinkie with costumes for her parties sometimes."

"Yeah, Rarity definitely has an eye for style," Pinkie agreed. "Good thing tomorrow's Saturday, I'll be able to spend it with Cheese Sandwich at the party supply store in the city!"

Dew Drop also remembered that he and Celestia and Luna were supposed to go shopping on the weekend. "Well, that's great," he said. "I'm actually going shopping for some new clothes." He decided to leave out the fact that he was being taken care of by Celestia and Luna. He felt that he would only get special treatment (which he didn't really want) if he revealed it to them.

“That sounds like fun,” Fluttershy gave Dew Drop a happy look. “The Canterlot Mall has a lot of clothing shops, and even a pop culture merchandise store on the third floor. My brother goes there a lot.”

"Wow," he said. "That sounds awesome! I bet they have My Hero Academia, Legend of Zelda, and other awesome merchandise!"

“I actually think they do have stuff like that,” Sunset said. “I’m not into anime, but I know a lot of people who are, and they get a lot of their merchandise from there. You could even join their membership program for discounts.”

“I like anime…” Fluttershy said so quietly that it was barely audible.

“Anyway, I hope you have fun on the weekend,” Twilight said, putting away her phone. “You’ve been through a lot and deserve to enjoy yourself.”

Sunset gave Twilight an odd look, but didn’t say anything. The group conversation continued about video games and pop culture until the bell rang for classes to continue for the day.
------------------------------------------------------------------
Waving goodbye to Dew Drop after school, the Rainbooms went their separate ways, with Rainbow going to soccer practice, Fluttershy to the animal shelter, and Applejack to do her chores on the farm. The rest of the girls didn’t really have plans, though Rarity expressed a desire to work on her most recent dress.

“See you Monday, Dew Drop!” Sunset said as she raised a hand to the boy in farewell. “Have a good weekend!”

“You too,” said Dew Drop with a smile. He walked off while making a plan to find out if the Cyber Force was in Canterlot City. “Well, those girls were certainly nice! Also… what did Twilight mean when she said that I’ve been through a lot and need time to myself? Did… she see what happened to Metal City? Hmm… that’s a big maybe!”


He quickly sent a text to Celetia and Luna, telling them that he was going to take a walk through Canterlot. “Okay, hopefully that doesn’t worry them!” Remembering where the mysterious marks were, he went to the outskirts. “Maybe I can find a clue!”

As soon as he arrived, he saw the deep footprints and knelt down to them. He pulled out a special lens from his arm (since his arm was equipped with handy tools). He looked through the lens and saw that the footprints had a strange black aura. Alarm spread through him. “Oh, no,” he said in a shaky voice. “The Cyber Force really is here! That’s an aura of their power source! But… Why are they here?”

It occurred to Dew Drop that he might be able to follow the footprints to get more information. The prints led to an abandoned looking building that stood next to a factory. The prints here were more chaotic, as if the owner had stopped walking in the straight line. Dew Drop carefully examined them. The black aura was still here, though stronger. He followed them into the building, which was all dark inside, with shafts of sunlight coming in through holes in the ceiling and walls.

Speaking of the walls, there were some strange, long, thin gouges in one of the walls, like someone had taken a nail and dragged it along the surface. The black aura was still there, and that was when Dew Drop came across a severed mechanical arm lying on the floor, leaking a bit of coolant around itself. It was surrounded by a black aura.

He kneeled down and observed it. Upon closer inspection, he saw that it had a small gun built into it along with a short sword from the palm. “No doubt about it,” he said quietly. “This is definitely a Cyber Droid’s arm.” He suddenly heard voices coming from a room. He quietly went over to investigate.

He found the room and carefully peeked through a hole. The sight before him made his heart almost stop beating. In the center of the room were four big figures. One of them looked like a combination of the Terminator and a reaper. Dew Drop knew him as Cyber Soul, an evil cyborg with the power to manipulate people into giving up their souls for some empty deals.

The second figure was a cyborg with a rather large head and black glasses under a helmet. It was Cyber Mind, a cyborg who specialized in tricking people by playing mind games with them. He even had the power of hypnosis, though he preferred to use it on females. Next was a cyborg with a broken heart symbol on his chest and an axe as his weapon. Cyber Heart (which was his name) was just as corrupt as Cyber Soul. However, instead of making people sign away their souls, his power allowed him to fill their hearts with evil and corruption.

Finally, there was a cyborg that Dew Drop feared the most. The leader of the Cyber Force. A huge cyborg with a giant sword, armor that was spiky and black, and red eyes under a crown on his head. Cyber Lord!

Together, these four cyborgs formed the leading group of the Cyber Force: The Four Cyber Masters!

Fortunately, none of the cyborgs seemed to notice that they were being spied on. Dew Drop breathed as quietly as possible, watching to see what these cyborgs might do or say.

“So… we were not able to fulfill our plan in Metal City,” said Cyber Soul as he held and twirled his scythe. “What a shame. Well, at least we don’t have to deal with Android anymore. Or any of those human scum back in Metal City. It was fun taking souls; but now that those people are gone, the souls have vanished.”

“Don’t get your hopes up too high,” said Cyber Mind as he held a deck of cards. “There are plenty of humans here in Canterlot City for us to play with. I even heard that there are quite a few lovely ladies here!” He licked his lips with a perverted smile. “Oh, just imagine the fun I could have with them!”

“Tch,” said Cyber Heart. “You’re still the same nerd who was so unlucky with the ladies. I’m amazed that a few of them were pure of heart unlike all of us here!”

“Indeed,” said Cyber Soul. “You were always a hopeless romantic. So alone with no one to ever love you.”

“Sh-shut up,” snapped Cyber Mind. “At least I wanted to keep a few people alive! Android never stood a chance!”

“Said the cyborg who would always whine about being injured by that halfling,” mocked Cyber Heart.

“What’s that supposed to mean?” Asked Cyber Mind angrily

“Gentlemen,” said the deep voice of Cyber Lord. “This is not the time for argument. Canterlot City is blissfully unaware of our plans.” He leaned back in his seat. “However, just because we never saw Android after Metal City’s destruction doesn’t mean that he’s dead. For all we know, he could still be alive.”


“Impossible!” Exclaimed Cyber Mind, only to be picked up by Cyber Lord.

“You dare question me?” Asked Cyber Lord in a menacing voice.

Cyber Mind trembled and shook his head. “N-no, my lord,” he said. “N-never would I question you!”

Cyber Lord set him down. “That’s what I thought,” he said. “You were always afraid of me. That’s one of the reasons why you're the weakest of us all.”


Cyber Mind said nothing in fear of being picked up by the Cyborg of Evil.

Dew Drop grew more and more worried the more he heard. Whatever the Cyber Force was planning here, it couldn’t be good. He watched the evil cyborgs converse and gesticulate with their mechanical bodies as they discussed their schemes.

“So, it’s true that there is magic here?” Asked Cyber Heart. “What does this have anything to do with us, my lord? I mean no disrespect at all.”

“That’s what I heard,” said Cyber Lord. “Just as humans can be corrupted, so can magic. Our Black Core is powerful, but imagine the amount of extra power it could have if we combined it with dark magic. Our machines and fellow cyborgs could be powered to the max. No human could ever take a stand against us ever again.”

“But, my lord,” said Cyber Soul. “Where exactly can we find this magic that you speak of?”

“I’m glad you asked,” said Cyber Lord. “I have heard from a few Cyber Drones that magic leaks from a statue at Canterlot High School.”

Dew Drop felt alarmed. Magic at the school, he thought. That could put everyone in danger!

As Dew Drop crouched there, thinking about what to do next, he became aware of a very faint humming noise, so quiet that it almost wasn’t audible at all. It seemed to be coming from about a foot away from him, about head height. Dew Drop shook his head to dispel the sound, but it still came. So he tentatively reached out to the air where the sound was coming from.

His fingers brushed up against something smooth and cold, and the point where his fingers met it slightly pixelated like digital noise.

“Huh?” Dew Drop breathed.

Whatever it was drew away at his touch, becoming invisible fully once again, and the humming noise went away with a tiny rush of wind. The thing must have flown off.

The cyborgs continued their meeting, completely oblivious to anything that had happened. “So, all we have to do is collect the magic?” Asked Cyber Mind. “Hmm… I suppose it’s worth a try. As long as it means that I can fully hypnotize any girl I want.”


“Pervert,” muttered Cyber Soul.

Cyber Lord took no mind of the conversation. He simply stood up and said, “Go forth, gentlemen. Gather up as many Cyber machines as you want. Make plans to gather up as much magic as possible. I want it all to be ready by the end of the next month.”

The other three cyborgs stood up and started to leave. Dew Drop quickly tip-toed away from the area before any of them could see him. Crap, crap, crap, he thought. I better figure out a way to stop them. He ran away as fast as his legs could carry him. Looks like Canterlot City may need Android, after all! I guess it’s time for me to don on my armor once more!