• Published 11th Jul 2012
  • 1,656 Views, 54 Comments

Charles Pathfinder - A Gryphon in Canterlot - Xaratos



A Story about Charles Pathfinder living in Canterlo. See what happens to him. Thats my first Fanfic. I would be happy if you would post wht you disliked.

  • ...
9
 54
 1,656

Chapter 8

Charles Pathfinder – A gryphon in Canterlot
Chapter 8


Not long after I had arrived, I realized I was a little bit too early. I mean I could go drink a tea and be back in time, yet even then I’d still have probably five minutes left. So I laid down and relaxed. My unconsciousness left me unaware I had fallen asleep, but the realization quickly dawned on me when Miss Dash prodded my sprawled body awake on the bench.

“Hey dude are you gonna wake up right now?” She poked my belly and smiled a little bit. “We have a job to do, a big one, especially since we’re only three ponies...er...two ponies and a gryphon,” She giggled catching herself mid-sentence.

“Okay Miss Dash, I’m awake,” I replied while grabbing her hoof to stop her incessant poking, and lumbered off the bench, stretching my wings and shoulders. “So what do we need to do today?”

“Today’s scheduled to be cloudy with a little rain. We need to gather some clouds, put them together, and clump a few a little closer together so they rain. It’s also important to give Sweet Apple Acres a good downpour so the trees get enough water.”

“Not that much to do,” My mind spoke aloud. “We should be finished really fast. The only thing we have to wait on is the last member of today’s weather patrol.”

“Yeah. We have to wait till Cloud Kicker is here and then we are going to get started.” She said and looked for Cloud Kicker in the sky. She arrived later as expected. But she arrived.

“Hey everypony. What's up?” Cloud Kicker asked.

“We were waiting for you.” Rainbow Dash answered angry “You just missed the briefing but I guess you know what to do CK.”

“Yeah kind of. So should I work with this guy here?” She asked.

“Yes you are supposed to work with him. Okay everypony so lets get started. I am going to take care of the rain over Sweet Apple Acres and you two are going to do the clouds about Ponyville.”

“Roger that.” CK answered shortly and I just grunted that I got what we have to do.

After Rainbow Dash flew away to take care of the rain over the Apple farm we decided to start. We gathered some clouds and put them together. Cloud Kicker tried to talk to me to get to know me better but I just responded in short sentences. She looked like a nice mare but I just came to Ponyville because I was asked to do my job here and help the weather team. I don´t remember how much time we spent on creating the weather but it was late afternoon when we finished.

“Okay guys. We are finished.” Dash said “was a lot of fun. And Charles?”

“Yes Miss Dash?”

“Do you mind going to Sugarcube Corner at nine pm?” she asked me with a little smile.

“Hmm I don't have things to do so yeah I think i am free. But why do you want me to be there?” I asked curious.

“Let´s say it is a surprise.” She giggled.

“Okay so see you later Miss Dash and Miss Kicker.” I waved both of them goodbye and flew to my room in the hotel, grabbed something to eat and got a shower. After that I grabbed a book about Equestrian history and started to learn. I know i didn't have that much time to learn all this stuff but I already know most of that.

I looked at the clock and realised that I was going to be late to the meeting with Rainbow Dash. So i made myself ready and went to Sugarcube Corner. The house looked like a Gingerbread house. I just wanted to bite into the house and look if it is really made out of gingerbread. I waited not all to long for Rainbow.

“Hello there Charles. Do you wanna go inside?” she asked me.

“Sure why not.” I nodded and soon we walked into the gingerbread house. It was dark. It seemed like someone...

“SURPRISE!” The light turned on and all ponies in the room started to cheer at me. Suddenly a crowd of ponies stood there. Mz heart stopped beating for a second and mz claws cut into the wood where I stood. A pink blur appeared before me and asked “Did I surprise you with my party? Did I? Did I? I hope you are going to enjoy this party I did all this just for you. Because you just arrived here and if you just arrived here you don´t know somepony and that made me sad. So I thought it would be the best if I throw you a `Welcome to Ponyville party` so that you are going to know everypony. And I don't think that you are a meanie pants like the last gryphon. Soooooo what do you think?”

How was she able to talk so much and don't breath once? What the heck? And why is she grinning like a madpony? There were so many questions that I thought my head would explode but then Rainbow whispered to me “It´s just Pinkie being Pinkie. You don't have to understand her. just enjoy the party and you are going to have a great time and probably get some new friends.” she giggled “She did that with everyone of us. You should have seen Twilights face when she did that.” and finally she couldn't hold back anymore and started laughing.

“Okay I get it” I said to Dash. “Yeah you surprised me Mrs Pie. I didn't want a party because I am only going to stay here till the end of this week. But thank you for this surprise.” I smiled at her “i think i am going to enjoy this party.”

“Sooo let´s get this party started.” She pointed at the DJ and this pony started playing music. This is the first time I had a party and I decided to enjoy this one. I got to know many ponies this evening. There was Carrot Top, Applejack - the producer of the best cider I have heard - her brother Big Mac, Fluttershy, Rarity -which I didn't like because of how she thinks she can behave like a freaking noble - Roseluck and many other ponies.

After that party complete Ponyville got to know me. I told them stories about my journey. How I met an eternal dragon and many others. I think I drunk a little bit to much that evening because i can't remember how I ended up in my hotel room the next morning. And especially with one of the mares. Especially Roseluck. I mean they are cute but not that cute. I was even terrified and frightened that we did something that night. I hope you understand. But she explained that we didn't do anything and said that she was really tired after bringing me to the hotel room. I was really ashamed that I took advantage of a mare. She just said that she snuggled up on me and that I am really fluffy to sleep on. like a pillow. We had breakfast together and then ou ways separated again. She had to go to work and I had to work too.

The rest of the week run as fast as sand through one of my talons. And at the end of the week there was again a party. But this time I had to fly. I said goodbye to all of my new friends in Ponyville and hoped for them that we would meet each other again.

“Wait Charles!” I heard a familiar voice behind me. I recognised the voice as Roseluck.

“You couldn't wait any longer or?” I asked her and waited for her to arrive.

“I am going to be in Canterlot Next Saturday and I thought...that you...you would be kind a-a-and meet up with me?” She blushed and looked down.

“Are you saying you want to go on a date with me dear lady Roseluck?” I asked her in a mocking way but laughed “Yes that would be really nice of you. But on one condition.”

“And that would be?”

“I am going to pay for you.” I smiled at her.

“I think we can arrange that dear Sir.”

“But now I have to go. The light is going to take a while and I need to rest when I am getting home.” I hugged her and waved a goodbye to her. “See you next week.”

“See you next week Charles.”

Author's Note:

Okay guys here it is Chapter 8
With some delays *cough cough*

I have a lot of stress atm...our college is prepearing a big lanparty and we had to find sponsors and plan everything. And next weekend it´s ging to be a big partey :D