• Published 27th May 2017
  • 766 Views, 56 Comments

Sweetie Belle's Short Stories - SweetAI Belle



A small collection of drabbles, flash fics, and short stories.

  • ...
3
 56
 766

The Wind

Sweetie Belle hustled inside, struggling to close the door, and shrugged off her raincoat, trying to keep too much water from getting on the floor. It was intense outside!

Weather like this, it was obvious what she needed to do. She slipped into the kitchen.

A few minutes later, she was sitting at her desk with hot cocoa and a lemon-poppy muffin, a blanket wrapped around her, and some pencils and her notebook at hand.

She took a sip and felt warmed up all over.

"Now, what should I write about?"


The wind swirled purple and blue, glittering outside the window.

“Sweetie, don’t open it!” My sister called out.

“I’m not!” Probably not, anyways. “Isn’t there some way to go out, covering our faces or something?”

“You know better, Sweetie. That’s wild magic. Twilight might’ve found a way…”

Rarity grew silent. Twilight had been outside when the first wind hit. So many ponies had.

“Will it ever stop?” Usually the Carousel was home, but during the wind, it seemed like a prison.

“I don’t know. They’ve been getting longer. We should be safe in here, though.”

“Everything is sealed, right? The cat door?”

A pained look passed Rarity’s face. Opal had gone out in the last wind. What returned… wasn’t Opal. “Boarded shut.”

“Good.”

Was there even still a world out there? Rarity joined me at the window and we kept watching the wind ever swirling and getting thicker...

Author's Note:

The prompt for this story was "A Change in the Wind", and it was written for the November 2019 Flashfic Contest and it won!

This is one of these ones that I feel pretty good about, and it'd be nice for it to be longer. OTOH, it might ruin some of the things I like about it if it was...