• Published 27th May 2017
  • 765 Views, 56 Comments

Sweetie Belle's Short Stories - SweetAI Belle



A small collection of drabbles, flash fics, and short stories.

  • ...
3
 56
 765

Little Bats

The book report was over, thankfully, and she hadn't died of embarrassment or burst into flames. She could've done without the clever comments by Diamond Tiara and not so clever comments by Snails, though. Some ice cream would have been nice, too. She was feeling kinda hungry.

Still, it was dark out now, and the day was almost over, and she wanted to just spend some quality time writing about cute cuddly things. Or maybe bats. Cute cuddly bats...


“Eeeee?” The noise came again, interrupting Princess Luna’s quest for a snack.

Where had that come from? The royal kitchen looked unoccupied.The refrigerator certainly had been.

The cabinets? Or… did that fruit bowl just move?

She picked up an apple from the bowl, and found something black and furry staring back inquisitively at her from the other side.

“Eeee!” It exclaimed, as Luna peered at what turned out to be a rather excited young bat pony.

“Now where did you come from, little one?” she mused, trying to remove its clutches from the apple. It enthusiastically tackled her hoof instead.

“I’m sorry, your majesty—” One of her guards rushed in. “Star slipped away from us—”

“Your daughter?” He nodded sheepishly.

She picked up a ripe mango, transferred a now rather happy filly to it, and carried her over. “Come on, and stop worrying your father.”

“Eeeee!”

Author's Note:

This is actually my entry for the November flash fic contest.

In this case, I had to take one of Loganberry's story's titles, and modify it by one letter to make my own stories title, and base it on that. I chose to turn "Little Bits" into "Little Bats"...